Rondo sux

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Rondo sux

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How about the other playoff series of 2008?

Against Atlanta, Cleveland, and Detroit.

One great game doesn't make you a great player.

I'm a believer in Rondo, but it's true that in the 2008 playoffs and finals, House and Cassell were the ones playing in crunch time, most of the time.

[/QUOTE]

I said he averaged a triple double in the playoffs, not a game for the entire series.  He also has a career average 15 points, 10 assists, 6 boards and 2 steals in the playoffs.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Karllost's comment:

Are you high?

The year Gondo grabbed onto the coattails of KG, PP & Ray for their only title, he did not even come close to averaging a triple double... In fact, he spent much of crunch time minutes in the finals  picking up splinters on the bench cause he was so ineffective.

Am I high?

He did not come close to averaging a triple double?  

In his 2nd season he averaged 17 points, 10 boards, 10 assists and almost 3 steals in the playoffs... that isn't "close," that is actually averaging a triple double.  You should probably check your stats before you call people "high" and act smug.

Oh yeah and he averaged over 41 minutes a game in the playoffs, a season removed from leaving college as a true sophomore... feel dumb yet?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rondora01.html

[/QUOTE]

Simpleminded, take another look at your original comment:

"He was good enough to win a championship averaging a triple double in the playoffs"

Get a clue and stop combining one playoff seasons stats with another to embellish the truth about Gondo.. He was probably the least important starting PG on a championship team in NBA history.  Got it,  dopey?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Rondo makes Karl mad.

Grr.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Simpleminded, take another look at your original comment:

"He was good enough to win a championship averaging a triple double in the playoffs"

Get a clue and stop combining one playoff seasons stats with another to embellish the truth about Gondo.. He was probably the least important starting PG on a championship team in NBA history.  Got it,  dopey?

[/QUOTE]

The season they won the championship he averaged a triple double in the playoffs... if you don't like it blow it out your azz.  You're not the arbiter of stats acceptable to post here.  Get over your hatred, I also posted his combined stats above, the double/double he averages isn't too shabby either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to paulliu's comment:

[QUOTE]

Rondo was a non-factor in the three games in LA but in the clinching game six, it was Rondo along with James Poseywho led the 2nd quarter run that put the C's up by 25 at the half.

If you like numbers here's Rondo's line from that game:

Rajon Rondo MINS 31:52 FG 8 FGA20 .400 3pt FGA 0 1 PCT:000 FTM 5 FTA: 7 PCT:714 O REB:2 DEF REB:5 TOT REB 7 ASSIST:8 STLS: 6  BLKS:0 TO:1 PF:3 PTS:21  +/- 24

Not too shabby.  But I guess some have short memories.

How about the other playoff series of 2008?

Against Atlanta, Cleveland, and Detroit.

One great game doesn't make you a great player.

I'm a believer in Rondo, but it's true that in the 2008 playoffs and finals, House and Cassell were the ones playing in crunch time, most of the time.

[/QUOTE]

"One game dosen't make you a great player."  Agreed but Rondo has more on his resume than that great six game clincher.

As we all know but some seem to forget, Rondo played spectacularly in playoff series after that game six clincher in his second year.

Some may dislike him.  That's fine.  You are entitled to your own opinions but not to your own facts.

I love Rondo.  He's on one of the handful of players who can dominate a game without being a major scoring threat.

But this is a very bad team and on a team this bad no one is untoucable.  If DA thinks its in the team's interest to trade Rondo he better get comparable value.  This is not a situation where the team should be so desperate to trade him that they's take 50 cents on the dollar.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to paulliu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"One game dosen't make you a great player."  Agreed but Rondo has more on his resume than that great six game clincher.

As we all know but some seem to forget, Rondo played spectacularly in playoff series after that game six clincher in only his second year.

Some may dislike him.  That's fine.  You are entitled to your own opinions but not to your own facts.

I love Rondo.  He's on one of the handful of players who can dominate a game without being a major scoring threat.

But this is a very bad team and on a team this bad no one is untoucable.  If DA thinks its in the team's interest to trade Rondo he better get comparable value.  This is not a situation where the team should be so desperate to trade him that they's take 50 cents on the dollar.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, good post.  

It's been a long time ailment of the New England sports fan, that all too often "good" is no longer good if they personally dislike a player.

The 44 point, 10 assist, 8 rebound, 3 steals he had the season before last against the Heat in the playoffs was also pretty impressive, not the stat line of a horrible player...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

WRONGDO SUX. He is the worst best player on his team in the NBA. He cant ever close out a game. The Pacers owe Rondo one. He was their MVP tonight. WRONGDO needs to go, and he will. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

WRONGDO SUX. He is the worst best player on his team in the NBA. He cant close out a game. The Pacers owe Rondo one. He was their MVP tonight. 

[/QUOTE]

So what do you think of the other guys?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

WRONGDO SUX. He is the worst best player on his team in the NBA. He cant ever close out a game. The Pacers owe Rondo one. He was their MVP tonight. WRONGDO needs to go, and he will. 

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

RALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Now tell us how you REALLY feel!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

[QUOTE]

WRONGDO SUX. He is the worst best player on his team in the NBA. He cant close out a game. The Pacers owe Rondo one. He was their MVP tonight. 

[/QUOTE]

3-7.... fact is I don't really believe Rondo is the best player on this team. I think that Sully and yes even Jeff are both better for the longer term as are KO and even Humpy. they are better as supplementary pieces than Rondo is as a center piece. Jury's out on AB. My point is that for all of the love that he gets here; RR is by far the worse closing "best player" that I have EVER seen. We need a real closer. We need another secondary all-star and with the players I mention above along with a true center, we got a shot.........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

3-7 fact is I don't really believe Rondo is the best player on this team. I think that Sully and yes even Jeff are both better for the longer term as are KO and even Humpy. they are better as supplementary pieces than Rondo is as a center piece. Jury's out on AB. My point is that for all of the love that he gets here RR is by far the worse closing "best player" that I have EVER seen. We need a real closer. We need another secondary all-star and with the players I mention above along with a true center, we got a shot.........

[/QUOTE]

I hear you. Sadly I think that he is the best player on the team..maybe Sully is better, but he hsan't done anything.

This whole team is bad.

I am pretty sure Rondo will be gone, I cant see Ainge giving him max money. But either way. this team is horrible, It isnt rondos fault. They are just bad.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

3-7 fact is I don't really believe Rondo is the best player on this team. I think that Sully and yes even Jeff are both better for the longer term as are KO and even Humpy. they are better as supplementary pieces than Rondo is as a center piece. Jury's out on AB. My point is that for all of the love that he gets here RR is by far the worse closing "best player" that I have EVER seen. We need a real closer. We need another secondary all-star and with the players I mention above along with a true center, we got a shot.........

[/QUOTE]

I hear you. Sadly I think that he is the best player on the team..maybe Sully is better, but he hsan't done anything.

This whole team is bad.

I am pretty sure Rondo will be gone, I cant see Ainge giving him max money. But either way. this team is horrible, It isnt rondos fault. They are just bad.

[/QUOTE]

But if Rondo was all that, this team would be much better. Great players will thier teams to win. He doesn't ever do that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

11 points, 18 assists, 3 steals, an unusually low 2 boards (he usually averages a triple double) and 0 turnovers...

For all of you complaining Rondo only plays D when he wants, turns it over, can't shoot... give me the name of one superstar NBA player that plays playoff style hoops (defensively or otherwise) for an entire 82 game season?

Don't bother, you can't.  

I want to see Rondo next year with an entire squad of guys that can hit spot up jump shots and threes at a high clip, add one more Super star, stir = rings.

[/QUOTE]

Tonight.... 4-15 shooting, longest made shot was 3 feet, 0-2 from 3Pt range, 8 points, 8 assists, 2 TO's, 2 steals, didn't get to the line.  Didn't play D.

Turned down 4th qtr open shot with time expiring leading to TO.

What a difference 48 hours makes.

Goes from great game (sux) against lousy opponent  to sorry game (sux) against strong Pacers team on 4 game losing streak.

Classic Rondo..... sux ..... sux.

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tonight.... 4-15 shooting, longest made shot was 3 feet, 0-2 from 3Pt range, 8 points, 8 assists, 2 TO's, 2 steals, didn't get to the line.  Didn't play D.

Turned down 4th qtr open shot with time expiring leading to TO.

What a difference 48 hours makes.

Goes from great game (sux) against lousy opponent  to sorry game (sux) against strong Pacers team on 4 game losing streak.

Classic Rondo..... sux ..... sux.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Yeah and Indiana sux... right?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The best defensive team in basketball made it their mission to contain Rondo, Indiana's three superstars vs our rehabbing point guard and band of misfit toys.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

The best defensive team in basketball made it their mission to contain Rondo, Indiana's three superstars vs our rehabbing point guard and band of misfit toys.

Wrongdo will ALWAYS be playing with a band of misfits wherever he goes. He makes those around him worse players with his style and personality......unless, of course, you put him on a team with 3-HOFers. The C's won their most recent trophy DESPITE the Rondo affect. 3-HOFers can do that, all while covering for RR's deficiencies both on the court and in the locker room. Flash and dash does nothing if it can't close out games. RR just isn't the right type of player to build with and certainly not around.....Unless of course, you have another 3-HOFers lined up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

Wrongdo will ALWAYS be playing with a band of misfits wherever he goes. He makes those around him worse players with his style and personality......unless, of course, you put him on a team with 3-HOFers. The C's won their most recent trophy DESPITE the Rondo affect. 3-HOFers can do that, all while covering for RR's deficiencies both on the court and in the locker room. Flash and dash does nothing if it can't close out games. RR just isn't the right type of player to build with and certainly not around.....Unless of course, you have another 3-HOFers lined up.

[/QUOTE]

You're not going to win ANY trophies without at least two or three all stars in the NBA period.

You dislike Rondo, that's your opinion and that's fine.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

You're not going to win ANY trophies without at least two or three all stars in the NBA period.

You dislike Rondo, that's your opinion and that's fine.

[/QUOTE]

Wozz, I love the Celtics, that's all. And, thanks for validating my free will. I feel so liberated now. Peace.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

RallyC,

Your argument that RR is not a player "to build with and certainly not around...Unless of course, you have another 3-HOFers..." is kind of lame. I can say the same about Lebron: he hasn't won until he got DWade and Bosh.

Also, I disagree with your statement: "He makes those around him worse players..." I'll go with the opinion of Larry Bird which is quite opposite: "...To be able to defend and make plays for other guys, that’s big. He makes a lot of players that are not really good look pretty damn good. And that’s a key. "If you can make people around you better, it makes you one of the top players in our league."

AK

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to sinus007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

RallyC,

Your argument that RR is not a player "to build with and certainly not around...Unless of course, you have another 3-HOFers..." is kind of lame. I can say the same about Lebron: he hasn't won until he got DWade and Bosh.

Also, I disagree with your statement: "He makes those around him worse players..." I'll go with the opinion of Larry Bird which is quite opposite: "...To be able to defend and make plays for other guys, that’s big. He makes a lot of players that are not really good look pretty damn good. And that’s a key. "If you can make people around you better, it makes you one of the top players in our league."

AK

[/QUOTE

And so you are implying that RR is making players on his team better? And what do you say about his impotence in the closing minutes of close games. Come on man.....You think Larry is gonna publicly say anything negative about any active player? Who was the last player Larry did that to? Wow.........love is so blind. Ask any player actively affiliated to the NBA, and most who are former players and they will always try to look for the good thing to say. That is the protocol. Damn.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Humphries is the best player on the Celtics, not Rondo.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

How have the Celtics done since Rondo unfortunately returned to the team???

How did the Celtics do after  Rondo went down last season with his sissy knee injury?

Ipso facto...

Facts will never get in the way of blind love for this squirt... Nobody in the NBA wants him except in return for more garbage....

Danny made a big mistake signing this diva last contract...if the C's cant get 3 more HOF'rs to make Rondo seem like hes not a bumbling over rated mommas boy, the C's are going nowhere fast no matter who they draft.

***ATTENTION DANNY*** TAKE OUT THE GARBAGE!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

^ Hey check it out! Karl is freaking out about Rondo!