Rondo sux

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Rondo sux

In response to wozzy's comment:

[/QUOTE]

The season they won the championship he averaged a triple double in the playoffs... if you don't like it blow it out your azz.  You're not the arbiter of stats acceptable to post here.  Get over your hatred, I also posted his combined stats above, the double/double he averages isn't too shabby either.

[/QUOTE]

in 07-08 rondo rode pine for most of the fourth quarters of playoff games that were close because he shrunk from ball handling duties / was too risky at his low FT%

his stats in the playoffs for 07-08 were: 10.2 / 6.6 / 4.1 in 32 min per game

his stats in the playoffs for 08-09 were: 16.9 / 9.8 / 9.7 on .417 FG% in 41.2 min per game

but keep in mind, even a fat slob like glen davis corked some numbers with KG down in 09- the team was desperate and catch as catch can.  i thought the team that year, playing with nothing to lose, was very exciting- up tempo is a great tempo for me to sit and watch and rondo was using his tools very well for a third year player.  rondo was aggressive and averaged 4.8 FTA per game in the playoffs, a stat that he has NEVER SINCE eclipsed...........  meaning he's become less aggressive as time has gone on.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rondora01.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The season they won the championship he averaged a triple double in the playoffs... if you don't like it blow it out your azz.  You're not the arbiter of stats acceptable to post here.  Get over your hatred, I also posted his combined stats above, the double/double he averages isn't too shabby either.

[/QUOTE]

in 07-08 rondo rode pine for most of the fourth quarters of playoff games that were close because he shrunk from ball handling duties / was too risky at his low FT%

his stats in the playoffs for 08-09 were: 16.9 / 9.8 / 9.7 on .417 FG% in 41.2 min per game

but keep in mind, even a fat slob like glen davis corked some numbers with KG down in 09- the team was desperate and catch as catch can.  i thought the team that year, playing with nothing to lose, was very exciting- up tempo is a great tempo for me to sit and watch and rondo was using his tools very well for a third year player.  rondo was aggressive and averaged 4.8 FTA per game in the playoffs, a stat that he has NEVER SINCE eclipsed...........  meaning he's become less aggressive as time has gone on.

[/QUOTE]

How can that be?? Didnt that BLOCKHEAD WOZZY insist Gondo averaged a triple double in the championship seasons playoffs?

Oh, wait a second... maybe he meant since Gondo averaged 6.6 assists and 4.1 rebs, those numbers qualify towards his triple double status...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

[QUOTE]

And so you are implying that RR is making players on his team better? And what do you say about his impotence in the closing minutes of close games. Come on man.....You think Larry is gonna publicly say anything negative about any active player? Who was the last player Larry did that to? Wow.........love is so blind. Ask any player actively affiliated to the NBA, and most who are former players and they will always try to look for the good thing to say. That is the protocol. Damn.

[/QUOTE]

RallyC,

I don't imply. I thought I was quite clear that IMO RR does make players better.

As for Larry Bird, I don't know what he is or is not going to say publicly, neither do you. But if a person of his stature is so explicitly prises a player his opinion for the most part is true. Nobody was forcing him to be so outspoken, if he thought the opposite of what he said about RR he could've just said that RR is a good, talented player, something trivial and neutral.

Also, I bet Larry would give arm and a leg to get RR.

AK

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Rondo is shooting 39% from the field this year, worse than his career average of 47%.

However, his three point shooting has improved from 25% to 33%.

The team is a minus 5.3 with Rondo on the floor.

Rondo's PER is 29th in the league among point guards. Last year, before the knee injury, he was ranked 14th.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How can that be?? Didnt that BLOCKHEAD WOZZY insist Gondo averaged a triple double in the championship seasons playoffs?

Oh, wait a second... maybe he meant since Gondo averaged 6.6 assists and 4.1 rebs, those numbers qualify towards his triple double status...

[/QUOTE]

Name calling now are we...?  

I said the season he won a ring he averaged a triple double in the playoffs, what I said is etched in stone above you f-tard, anyone who wants to go back and read it can do so.  I know facts frustrate you.

I love anonymous internet tough guys... they're so brave.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The 08' team also had Sam Cassell and Eddie house sitting behind Rondo, we all know how Doc Rivers treated rookies, young guys and his preference for vets.  They beat the Lakers in game 7 by 33 points, not exactly a nail biter. Rondo averaged 32 minutes a game a year removed from leaving Kentucky as a sophomore, he averaged a triple double for that series, a large part of why they won was his play, they didn't win in spite of him...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Wozzy,

You're incorrect: it was 39 points, not 33. Game 6's score was 131-92.

AK

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to sinus007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wozzy,

You're incorrect: it was 39 points, not 33. Game 6's score was 131-92.

AK

[/QUOTE]

My bad...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrokenGnome. Show BrokenGnome's posts

It's hard to believe the same handful of people are making the same complaints about the same player, after all this time....

What's not hard to believe, is that former team mates (like Garnett and Pierce) have a completely different take on the guy.  So does Larry Bird.  So does Magic Johnson.  So do MANY professional analysts/former players.  Rondo has his critics, and he has legitimate weaknesses, but the pitch of the whining is way beyond anything rational.  Having shortcomings is NOT the same as "su/k/k/ing".  But it feels good to blame someone and trash on them, right?  I feel sincerely sorry for people who let that kind of anger enter into the enjoyment of basketball.  I save that stuff for politics and in-laws.  Sports are an escape.

The list of great players on teams that don't achieve success is long - and I'm not even implying Rondo is 'great'.  I think he's not at that level right now.  But I think he can be.
    Focusing on PER, or other individual stats, is silly.  Good players can wind up with low PERs on bad teams.  Below average players can wind up with high PERs on any team, depending on how they're used, and a little luck.

It's sad to me that so many people spend so much energy hating, when at the bare minimum, Rondo is highly entertaining.  Can you build a championship team around him?  I don't know.  The better question is, can you build a championship team around a point guard.  Generally speaking, that's not the position that brings in rings.  Generally, it's some kind of SG/SF or C.  Somebody who can create their own scoring opportunities, score from outside, and make the offense move, is what's critical. 

So this is where I agree with Fierce.  Rondo's very good, but it doesn't make sense to give him a max contract, or to think in terms of him as the 'best player'.  His inconsistant scoring ability is a true hinderance.  He'd be worth more to some other team that needs an upgrade, but isn't starting from nothing.  I agree that trading him at draft time will maximize our return.  I have no idea who WILL take on the role of creator/facilitator, but one way or another, we need to find one, and fast.  Either that or somebody needs to slip some adderall into Jeff Green's Gatorade.  If we could find a guy with 80% of his talent, and twice the drive/confidence, we'd be better immediately. 

I say, enjoy watching a unique player while you can.  He's amazing in his own way.  If he's traded, I will definitely miss seeing him in action, and I will always wonder whether we could have done it with him at PG.  But employing cold, Belichickian logic, I don't think we should take the risk.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The 08' team also had Sam Cassell and Eddie house sitting behind Rondo, we all know how Doc Rivers treated rookies, young guys and his preference for vets.  They beat the Lakers in game 7 by 33 points, not exactly a nail biter. Rondo averaged 32 minutes a game a year removed from leaving Kentucky as a sophomore, he averaged a triple double for that series, a large part of why they won was his play, they didn't win in spite of him...

[/QUOTE]

Hey genius, is there any information you get right???

The Celtics beat the Lakers by 39 point...not 33 and....
    that Celtic/Laker series never saw a game 7, it was ended in Boston in game 6!! ROFL

Were you really reminiscing about that game 7?? HAHAHA you proved once again, you dont have a clue!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

that Celtic/Laker series never saw a game 7, it was ended in Boston in game 6!! ROFL

Were you really reminiscing about that game 7?? HAHAHA you proved once again, you dont have a clue!

Hey genius, the fact that I undershot the score only reinforces my point that the series wasn't close, that Sam Cassell and Eddie House needed minutes, it wasn't because Rondo wasn't good enough in "nail biting" games.  Rondo lead the team in minutes and started at point guard, he also averaged a triple double that post season.  Sux for you.  

4 time All Star, 2 time All Defensive NBA first team, 2 time Defensive second team, has lead the NBA in assists twice, has lead the league in steals... you don't want me getting FACTS correct because it justs makes your whining look stupid.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

Hey genius, the fact that I undershot the score only reinforces my point that the series wasn't close, that Sam Cassell and Eddie House needed minutes, it wasn't because Rondo wasn't good enough in "nail biting" games.  Rondo lead the team in minutes and started at point guard, he also averaged a triple double that post season.  Sux for you.  

4 time All Star, 2 time All Defensive NBA first team, 2 time Defensive second team, has lead the NBA in assists twice, has lead the league in steals... you don't want me getting FACTS correct because it justs makes your whining look stupid.

[/QUOTE]

Get your facts straight dumbbell..

Like acie said above...

his stats in the playoffs (their championship year) for 07-08 were: 10.2 / 6.6 / 4.1 in 32 min per game

I know youre not too bright but even you can understand these^^ are not triple double stats. Now im bored  trying to educate you...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

BrokenGnome,

Thanks for your post. Unfortunately rational, logic, fact based arguments are rare in many threads here on BDC. If you're looking for those I'd suggest to check out Sam's Celtics forum.

As for your position about RR to build around - I say why around? Why not with? The recent Celtics history is an example: Danny didn't build around Paul Pierce he added KG and RA to him. Same happened with Lebron. I think something similar can be done with RR. I believe that if Danny can add a couple star-level players Celtics can return to the contenders' level.

AK

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

Get your facts straight dumbbell..

Like acie said above...

his stats in the playoffs (their championship year) for 07-08 were: 10.2 / 6.6 / 4.1 in 32 min per game

I know youre not too bright but even you can understand these^^ are not triple double stats. Now im bored  trying to educate you...

[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Rondo wasn't old enough to drink in 07'-08' and yes it was 08'-09' when he averaged a triple double, but he averaged a triple double right? They didn't lose because of Rondo, missing KG might have something to do with it, Rondo's production didn't decrease without Garnett, it improved... dispeling yet another myth.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Rondo is shooting 39% from the field this year, worse than his career average of 47%.

However, his three point shooting has improved from 25% to 33%.

The team is a minus 5.3 with Rondo on the floor.

Rondo's PER is 29th in the league among point guards. Last year, before the knee injury, he was ranked 14th.

Rondo is overrated and overpaid.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrokenGnome. Show BrokenGnome's posts

[QUOTE]

BrokenGnome,

Thanks for your post. Unfortunately rational, logic, fact based arguments are rare in many threads here on BDC. If you're looking for those I'd suggest to check out Sam's Celtics forum.

As for your position about RR to build around - I say why around? Why not with? The recent Celtics history is an example: Danny didn't build around Paul Pierce he added KG and RA to him. Same happened with Lebron. I think something similar can be done with RR. I believe that if Danny can add a couple star-level players Celtics can return to the contenders' level.

AK

[/QUOTE]

Thanks man.  I'll give that forum a look.  I guess what I mean by "around" really boils down to salary primarily... and I also suppose I'm think about the ability to somehow leverage Rondo and picks as assets to acquire a true creator/facilitator like I was mentioning above.  In an ideal world, I'd love to see the Celtics manage both, just as you described.  I don't pay enough attention (any) to college ball to have any sense of what's out there, or likely, in terms of the type of player I'm thinking about.  I don't even know what trade is realistic.  I'm watching this season from arm's length, becuase it's a little hard on the heart to watch them struggle.  I'm not as plugged in as I have been in the past.  I'm just trying to enjoy watching the young guys develop. 

(I think Sully will continue to improve, and Olynyk needs a year to adjust to the speed of the NBA game, and learn how his skill set fits in where the talent level around him makes him less special.  I have no idea about Pressey.  At least he can dribble and pass.  And I love how he ties up the ball when bigger players drive on him.  Pretty cool.  Fast hands.  I think Bradly needs to move to a bench role - he'd be an ideal 6th man.  Raw energy.  Defensive intensity. But he's injury prone.  So I don't like him playing too many minutes.)

I guess that means that in my fantasy world, we'd somehow aquire a SG/SF type who is a scorer.  Wallace won't be back before January.  Johnson is not a starter.  Babb is intruiging, but raw.  Green's not going anywhere.  And if we DID move Rondo to acquire such a player, the deal would somehow have to bring us a new starting PG, because that will never be Pressey.  

Then, of course, a true Center.  Obviously.  But we're more likely to sign a unicorn.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

BrokenGnome,

AK

[/QUOTE]

This forum is public, Sam's is not

For that reason alone there will be a lot of people in here just messing around with nothing logical to say.

Sam and his minions left here so they wouldnt have to deal with the common and unwashed.

We get it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

37stories,

Actually, Sam's Celtics forum is open to anyone. They just have much better moderation, e.g. personall atacks and insults  are not allowed.

AK

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

what about the  s l o w  traffic, AK? quality traffic for sure, but too often slow as molasses. i go there on a semi regular basis and always get caught up too quick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Before Rondo's return: 14-26 = .350 winning percentage

Since  Rondo's return:   8-17 =  .320 winning percentage 

NUMBERS DON'T LIE!!! Go ahead........I KNOW, HE MAKES PLAYERS BETTER!!! LOL!!! Oh wait, I forgot......TANKING!!!! Yeah, ok! But he didn't play in 6-back to backs! YEAH, WE KNOW. THANKS WRONGDO!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

what about the  s l o w  traffic, AK? quality traffic for sure, but too often slow as molasses. i go there on a semi regular basis and always get caught up too quick.

[/QUOTE]

Thats what I meant by "public". Here anyone can log on and say anthing they want, within reason.

I have been posting here for years off and on. Not offense to Sinus, but I get tired of people coming over here talking about Sam. The guy is a control freak.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats what I meant by "public". Here anyone can log on and say anthing they want, within reason.

I have been posting here for years off and on. Not offense to Sinus, but I get tired of people coming over here talking about Sam. The guy is a control freak.

[/QUOTE]

+1

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

37stories,

If you don't like Sam's Celtics forum it's your choice. But by saying ""... I get tired of people coming over here talking about Sam...." you contradict your own statement "...Here anyone can log on and say anything they want, within reason...." Don't you think so?

Also, I mentioned Sam's Celtics forum to BrokenGnome just to point that there are alternatives to BDC. I'm pretty sure it should be "within reason".

Now, back to Rondo. Some people think he sucks, some poeple think he's a great player. I belong to the latter group.

AK

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

And so you are implying that RR is making players on his team better? And what do you say about his impotence in the closing minutes of close games. Come on man.....You think Larry is gonna publicly say anything negative about any active player? Who was the last player Larry did that to? Wow.........love is so blind. Ask any player actively affiliated to the NBA, and most who are former players and they will always try to look for the good thing to say. That is the protocol. Damn.

RallyC,

I don't imply. I thought I was quite clear that IMO RR does make players better.

As for Larry Bird, I don't know what he is or is not going to say publicly, neither do you. But if a person of his stature is so explicitly prises a player his opinion for the most part is true. Nobody was forcing him to be so outspoken, if he thought the opposite of what he said about RR he could've just said that RR is a good, talented player, something trivial and neutral.

Also, I bet Larry would give arm and a leg to get RR.

AK

LOL! Hey AK, ask Larry about this:

Games that RR hasn't played in since the the day he got hurt, the  C's are:

35-42 for a .455 winning percentage

The last 26 consecutive games that RR has played in: 

5-21 for a .192 percentage

HE MAKES EVERBODY BETTER??? NOPE! Numbers NEVER LIE!

RallyC

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

37stories,

If you don't like Sam's Celtics forum it's your choice. But by saying ""... I get tired of people coming over here talking about Sam...." you contradict your own statement "...Here anyone can log on and say anything they want, within reason...." Don't you think so?

Also, I mentioned Sam's Celtics forum to BrokenGnome just to point that there are alternatives to BDC. I'm pretty sure it should be "within reason".

Now, back to Rondo. Some people think he sucks, some poeple think he's a great player. I belong to the latter group.

AK

I didn't contradict anything. Here I may get tired of people talking about Sam...but you can still post. We can both say what we feel here.

At Sam's if he gets tired of what you say you can't post anymore. 

Sections
Shortcuts