Rondo sux

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Rondo sux

Boo Hoo, Sam is censoring Snake and hes very angry about it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

RallyC,

Sure the numbers by themselves are true. But if you use numbers to prove your point it's completely different ball game.

For instance, you mentioned 35-42/.455 winning % vs 5-21/.192%. But when did they play those 77 games? When did they play those 26 games? Who did play in both cases? Were there players who came in after injury or trade? Etc, etc.

In other words, you want to use statistics to substantiate your opinion make sure you use valid ones and don't cherry pick.

--------------------------------------

37stories,

You might be right. But in my experience on that forum Sam doesn't get tired of what people have to say even if it contradicts his or others knowledge/opinion unless, of course, the conversation slides down to personal attacks and/or insults.

AK

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to sinus007's comment:

RallyC,

Sure the numbers by themselves are true. But if you use numbers to prove your point it's completely different ball game.

For instance, you mentioned 35-42/.455 winning % vs 5-21/.192%. But when did they play those 77 games? When did they play those 26 games? Who did play in both cases? Were there players who came in after injury or trade? Etc, etc.

In other words, you want to use statistics to substantiate your opinion make sure you use valid ones and don't cherry pick.

--------------------------------------

37stories,

You might be right. But in my experience on that forum Sam doesn't get tired of what people have to say even if it contradicts his or others knowledge/opinion unless, of course, the conversation slides down to personal attacks and/or insults.

AK

BUT, AK! 

The only concrete evidence we have to measure any individual's impact on a team is wins and losses. Your opinion is simply your opinion, without the numbers. Are you serious????? You blindly propose that RR "makes other players better" because you hear others say it. How are you validating that statement? That is why "sample size" is so critical. Dude, you are way over your head if this is your rational. "Cherry Pick"???? AK, I sighted ALL OF the games that RR has played in since his return, and then I sighted ALL OF the games that he has not played in since his return, THEN I sighted ALL OF THE GAMES that the Celtics played without him at all during his injury! How is that Cherry Picking? That's as comprehensive as it gets in sports. What? are you gonna tell me "we need to know what he ate on a given game day" now too? AND on top of it all, the numbers prove out that the more Rondo is a part of each subset, the worse the record/winning percentage gets. DAMN AK, you aren't very smart, are you?????? Cherry Pick??? LOL!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

RallyC,

Yes, I'm not that smart. But I'm smart enough to prefer opinion of "others," such as Cooz, Magic, Larry, over your opinion about Rondo. I'll stick with that opinion no matter how much bogus statistics you through into the discussion.

Yes, that statistics is bogus for the pupose to prove that RR makes other players better or worse. Unless you have statistics of, say 40 games with RR vs 40 games without him that were played with the same players against the same teams.

I doubt that you can provide it. Therefore let's agree to disagree.

AK

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Boo Hoo, Sam is censoring Snake and hes very angry about it.

I've never posted at Sam's or checked out the site at Sam's

Sam left here because he didn't like people like you Karl. People that insult other posters.

I am sticking up for your right to be you. Sadly you didn't understand that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I love that we're having a discussion about whether Rondo "makes his teammates better..."

Going back five years he has ranked 1st, 1st, 2nd, 4th and 6th leading the entire NBA in Assists Per Game.  

Only here in this forum could the best assist man in the NBA be accused of NOT making his teammates better.  

This place is a laugh riot...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I love that we're having a discussion about whether Rondo "makes his teammates better..."

Going back five years he has ranked 1st, 1st, 2nd, 4th and 6th leading the entire NBA in Assists Per Game.  

Only here in this forum could the best assist man in the NBA be accused of NOT making his teammates better.  

This place is a laugh riot...

W-L record is the only thing that matters WOZZ. Individual stats dont mean shyte without the wins. Come on Wozz, you know better.  Garbage stats in losses are easy to get, just like building assist numbers while passing to 3-hofers is. W's is ehat matters. Look at the numbers. You are wrong WOZZ. Wrongdo does not make anyone better. His team is worse and loses much more often when he plays. Numbers prove it. When you arent a true scoring threat, u must pass the ball to those who are. he is the antithesis of Iverson. Rondo does suck. Good thread. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

W-L record is the only thing that matters WOZZ.

rally, wins are not wins this year. losses are wins. you and everyone else knows this. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

rally, wins are not wins this year. losses are wins. you and everyone else knows this. 

[/QUOTE]

From a tanking perspective, you are correct BP. And as proven, RR's game is perfect for those who wish to lose, I mean "win"!, right, BP?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

From a tanking perspective, you are correct BP. And as proven, RR's game is perfect for those who wish to lose, I mean "win"!, right, BP?  

[/QUOTE]

Youre frustrated banging your head against the wall trying to help these lemmings be at least a little objective... You're waisting your time.

Even if Red Auerbach descended from heaven for the soul purpose to tell the Celtic faithful Rondo is the garbage we thought he was..ir still wouldnt make a dent.. You heard the saying "blind love".. theres no changing any opinion no matter how much fact you ram down their throats..

Rondo is their hero, their idol...  and no facts or reality is gonna get in the way of that

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Youre frustrated banging your head against the wall trying to help these lemmings be at least a little objective... You're waisting your time.

Even if Red Auerbach descended from heaven for the soul purpose to tell the Celtic faithful Rondo is the garbage we thought he was..ir still wouldnt make a dent.. You heard the saying "blind love".. theres no changing any opinion no matter how much fact you ram down their throats..

Rondo is their hero, their idol...  and no facts or reality is gonna get in the way of that

[/QUOTE]

"waisting" your time? "soul' purpose?  "no facts is"  What sort of business did you say you run again?  

Grr.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Rondo is shooting 38% from the field this year, worse than his career average of 47%.

However, his three point shooting has improved from 25% to 31%.

Rondo's PER is 32th in the league among point guards.

Last year, before the knee injury, he was ranked 14th.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

PER is a useless stat, complete garbage.

Rajon is recovering from a knee injury on a lottery team, even though of late he is looking improved, judging him from his body of work this season would only serve as an attempt to discredit him. 

Not only is he shooting 30% from three point land but he has already shot 10 shy of his career high attempts with a lot of basketball left to play and in a shortened season, he has more than doubled his three point attempts and is hitting them. 

As someone mentioned on another thread he is hitting his free throws at a much higher clip and is still improving.  All I ever wanted from Rondo was for Coach Stevens to lower his turnover rate back to his early years.

What will the moaners here say if Rondo's shooting is no longer an "issue?"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

PER is a useless stat, complete garbage.

Rajon is recovering from a knee injury on a lottery team, even though of late he is looking improved, judging him from his body of work this season would only serve as an attempt to discredit him. 

Not only is he shooting 30% from three point land but he has already shot 10 shy of his career high attempts with a lot of basketball left to play and in a shortened season, he has more than doubled his three point attempts and is hitting them. 

As someone mentioned on another thread he is hitting his free throws at a much higher clip and is still improving.  All I ever wanted from Rondo was for Coach Stevens to lower his turnover rate back to his early years.

What will the moaners here say if Rondo's shooting is no longer an "issue?"

[/QUOTE]

My goodness, do you ever have a clue???

As of today, Rondo is shooting 63.5% from the FT line... BDC should have a minimum IQ requirement before allowing anyone to just post.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Karl does not know the difference between "waste" and "waist' or "soul" and "sole' and he wants BDC to have a minimum IQ requirement.

Isn't he adorable? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

My goodness, do you ever have a clue???

As of today, Rondo is shooting 63.5% from the FT line... BDC should have a minimum IQ requirement before allowing anyone to just post.

[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmmm.... minimum IQ requirements for posting?

Just a tad harsh, karl!

You eliminate the "short-bus-riders-for-Rondo" crowd and CapTripleDub has no support here at all.

Then what do we do.... sniff each other's cups?

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hmmmmmm.... minimum IQ requirements for posting?

Just a tad harsh, karl!

You eliminate the "short-bus-riders-for-Rondo" crowd and CapTripleDub has no support here at all.

Then what do we do.... sniff each other's cups?

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Dudder here got destroyed back in 2006 when I started a thread called "To all the Big AL haters..." where I stated that Al Jefferson would average a double double if he stayed healthy, this thread lasted over a full season, his demise was slow and painful to watch.  A lot of lemming posters followed him over the cliff...

Long story short, Big Al got healthy, averaged a double double and was traded for KG.

Dudder was so ashamed he renamed himself "puddin" and became somebody else.  His writing style is the same though, signing off as Pud instead of Dud, but it's him. 

Negative is his MO.  It's easy to be negative when you're rebuilding, when you're tanking, he was nowhere to be found when Ainge was winning a ring and competing. 

Knick's fan at heart...

Sections
Shortcuts