Rondo Testing Free Agency

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

Rondo Testing Free Agency

Just read on twitter that Rondo will test free agency. Nesn reported it so it must be legit. What does this mean for the C's?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Rondo Testing Free Agency

It means that Danny will do the same thing he always intended to do.  Trade Rondo!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

It means Rondo will be traded and finally all of these Rondo threads will stop.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

http://nesn.com/2014/01/report-boston-celtics-rajon-rondo-will-test-nba-free-agency/  Here is the link.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

What do you expect to get in return?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to soxpatscelts25's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He has to show he can play again.  Right now I wouldnt expect to get much.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A return to  sanity.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A return to  sanity.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Oh I know...things are soooooo crazy right now. I cant even handle it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Great leadership shown with a year and a half left on his deal. LOL

Buh bye, Captain Pouty Smurf

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Rondo's turnovers have increased every year he has been in the league.

He tries to make spectacular passes instead of good ones.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

It wasn't that long ago, a month maybe, that DA revealed that he had had no calls about a possible Rondo trade.... zero interest. NADA.

Then he tries to negotiate a contract extention with Rondo and Rondo backs out, no doubt dissatisfied with $$$ issues, but declaring that he "wouldn't mind" spending the rest of his career in Beantown (unspoken... if the $$$ were right).

Now DA admits that there have been some calls about Rondo since $$$ talks foundered, from teams  hoping to "land a bargain."

DA continues to paint CaptFreeAgent in a very bad light...as being of questioned value.

Even worse.... CaptFreeAgent's play on the floor which has been simply horrid.

DA is clearly winning the PR battle.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A return to  sanity.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

+ 1000000

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]

Just read on twitter that Rondo will test free agency. Nesn reported it so it must be legit. What does this mean for the C's?

[/QUOTE]

I can't wait to read the backtracking when the inevitable occurs. Especially the ones that compulsively state how little they really care about him several hundred times. That morsal may be served cold but will warm many a heart

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

I can't wait to read the backtracking when the inevitable occurs. Especially the ones that compulsively state how little they really care about him several hundred times. That morsal may be served cold but will warm many a heart

powerful stuff, tomobo, but try not to misspell your punchlines. the urban dictionary tells us that a morsal is a pretty girl who is indecisive and who has a lot of doubts in herself. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I actually really don't care. Since I have been saying that all along it might be difficult to backtrack.

To not care one way or the other about Rondo isn't as amazing as a concept as you might think. I am fine if he is traded at any point, I am also fine if he stays. I don't think of him as a saviour or a demon.

And yes I do tend to be compulsive.  You simply can't imagine Boo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

37stories, I'm with you.

Thinking about what Rondo is going to do or what the Celtics will do with Rondo OR even caring just isn't on my radar.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

37stories, I'm with you.

Thinking about what Rondo is going to do or what the Celtics will do with Rondo OR even caring just isn't on my radar.

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't make the difference that people think it does. Either way.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

37stories, I'm with you.

[/QUOTE]

Petey... have you given up on the Rondo-watch so soon?

If he were playing well, it seems that he would be somewhere central on your radar.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Pud

No I don't think I have.  I realize that this team is just bad and he's not yet "back", so to speak.  I'm giving Rondo until after the All Star break to raise my expectations.

He's been out a year after ACL surgery.  I don't expect explosion or even a serviceable shot.  He's totally out of sync right now and it doesn't help that this team is as bad as it is.

I'm seeing signs of him dishing the ball but nobody can hit a shot to finish.  I haven't once seen Rondo do his quick drive off the dribble to the hoop and scoop layup past a big.

If he were playing well, it would simply be a good thing since he's been out for so long but it wouldn't matter either way.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Needless to say I've been calling for Rondo to be traded well before his injury, so I'm very hopeful that he is moved and think the circumstances are fully ripe now.

I've had three consistent mantras in 5 years:

1. Get rid of Perkins

2. Fire Doc

3. Trade Rondo

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

This information from Rondo feels like the proverbial "straw on the camel' back" in terms of my frustration with lots of Celtics' issues, so here comes my vent:  First of all, didn't Rondo say recently he wouldn't mind staying in Boston "ten years or so"??? I understand the in's and out's of free agency positioning but it used to seem, especially among Celtic players, that the players spoke of committment to the team in their public comments (of course, in some cases it was just talk). I do not want to know when a Celtic is entertainng ideas about playing elsewhere later in the season or next year or ...!  So I am growing increasingly tired of having to wonder about which players care about winning the next game. This issue with Rondo has me wondering whether we are going to pis_ away another year next year! I believe that the extent of our losing is as much about loss of Celtic Pride as it is a lack of talent. I realize that with our talent level, we should not expect to win more than 3 or 4 out of 10, but as some reports have suggested, the scrapiness of the team at the beginning of the year is g-o-n-e.  My C's "fanmates", I need some optimism and reason to continue watching the games now. Maybe I should feel for our talented players who are less than a year removed from seeking another championship (even if the pursuit was relatively unrealistic).  Am I delusional about wanting them to show signs of trying to win every game? Thanks to all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

1. Get rid of Perkins

2. Fire Doc

3. Trade Rondo

and a jolly good fellow to boot. feelin' it are ya dunkey? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

powerful stuff, tomobo, but try not to misspell your punchlines. the urban dictionary tells us that a morsal is a pretty girl who is indecisive and who has a lot of doubts in herself. 

[/QUOTE]

In this instance, morsal is highly appropriate considering the cup sniffing proclivilties of your herd.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1. Get rid of Perkins

2. Fire Doc

3. Trade Rondo

and a jolly good fellow to boot. feelin' it are ya dunkey? 

[/QUOTE]

I think Rondo would have been traded last year if he hadn't injured himself.  Now I'm concerned by his lethargic and pathetic play since his return.  I hope he hasn't scared away  the other GMs.

So I'm torn between hoping Rondo plays really really well so we can trade him for some value OR he continues to play like a 2nd string PG so we get the best draft pick possible.

I think if he plays at his best it could put 3 more games in the win column and that could make a big difference on draft day.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think if he plays at his best it could put 3 more games in the win column and that could make a big difference on draft day.   

[/QUOTE]

Rondo's play may uptick a bit once he gets safely past the trade deadline...

By then, he can really begin to focus on playing his multi-victim's card because (1) DA disrespected him on $$$ issues.... and (2)he didn't make the AS team this year... (3) DA's failed to surround him with the elite talent he is entitled to, (4) leaving him saddled with "unwashed" teammates that (5) even he can't make better.

So I see a very upsy-downsy year for Oh Captain.... My Captain!

And how could we have known???

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts