Rondo: The Great Disappearing Act

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Re: Rondo: The Great Disappearing Act

In Response to Re: Rondo: The Great Disappearing Act:
    ahhhh another post. Lets look back. Everyone started out saying "Rondo cant be our point guard, we cant win with him, we need someone better." That problem was proved wrong. THEN it became, "well, hes only good at defense, hes not a good leader or passer." that was proven wrong. THEN it was "well, he still cant hit a jumpshot to keep the defense honest, they sag off of him and he wont shoot it and cant hit the shot." THAT has changed this season..and it has gotten to the point where Rondo bashers like pud resort to "He isnt producing in the 4th qtr of games."  hey, im happy that they are running out of things to complain about, but the fact that after a game like last nite when Rondo was the only guy on the court basically..why make this post?  only possibility is you understand Rondo is improving and is an elite pg and you gotta find something else to complain about. i like!
    Posted by JamezHill24

Well said.  He's tacking together the pieces of his game year by year.  He has very little help right now.  He is a bright spot if anything.  Danny needs to figure out how to design the team around him correctly over the next couple of years.  

He hit the elbow jumper like it was money a few times last night...      

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Well Rondo is playing better but he is not making the game easier for other players for easy lay ups.  He does not break defenses down that well and passes well when driving thru the lane.  I like his passion but he is dribbling too much or not making passes cause  the other big 2 KG and PP and not slashing or posting enuff bu the basket.  Spurs and Mavs are old like us butthey are looking better than us.  I think KG may b done and we need to have him and maybe JO come off the bench.  we need fresh legs and athletic guys to run with Rondo cause he is not a true scorer.  Out big problem right now is scoring.  the defense is not bad.  Bass and Pietrus can help Rondos game. Also play  moore and JJ and see what happens we got nutting to lose cause we r already losing. Its hard watching my celtics lately.   I hate it but I will stil watch them.  I just purchased the NBA league pass so I can watch them from LA    Go Celtics!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Anybody notice that Rondo starts the 4th quarter on the bench?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo: The Great Disappearing Act : Too high a standard? Well maybe. Thru 10 games this season, Rondo averages less than 2 points per 4th quarter and right  around 2 dimes per 4th quarter. And I suspect that over his entire career, those PointsPer4thQtr are just about right at around 2. Maybe the dimes have increased a bit though. In 4th quarters, watching Rondo struggle to be relevant is like watching a boy struggle to play a man's game. Too high a standard? Well perhaps.... On 2nd thought, maybe yours are too low. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Yes and that is why Rondo is only a top five point guard. If he could produce in the fourth he would be able to argue he is as good as cp3 and Derrick Rose. As it is he is one of the best point guards in the league, but not the best. However, that doesn't change the fact that he is playing at an all star level and is our best player.

Rondo is a terrifc point guard. He would be even better if he had young horses who could run with him and that is better than all but 4 or so teams have at the PG position. Our problems is the rest of our team seems to have aged dramaticaly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo: The Great Disappearing Act : Yes and that is why Rondo is only a top five point guard. If he could produce in the fourth he would be able to argue he is as good as cp3 and Derrick Rose. As it is he is one of the best point guards in the league, but not the best. However, that doesn't change the fact that he is playing at an all star level and is our best player. Rondo is a terrifc point guard. He would be even better if he had young horses who could run with him and that is better than all but 4 or so teams have at the PG position. Our problems is the rest of our team seems to have aged dramaticaly.
    Posted by jtkl

This is hilarious......  last night while Rondo was "dropping" 14 on the Bulls D Williams had 35 and 14......  I have said for a long time if Rondo is going to be the leading scorer the team is absolutely doomed......

What I guess I keep reading in this thread is that Rondo is the best player the Cs can put on the floor and the result is they cannot win...... nothing else needs to be said.

Every night Derick Rose is the best player the Bulls can put on the floor and they win, every night the best player the Cs can put on the floor is Rondo and they lose.......

As I have said about 100000 times give me a dozen other point guards and the Cs would have won another title or two during the BIG 3 era.....

Protecting Rondo serves no purpose other than to foster the 27 wins they will get next year.....

I cannot wait to read the posts / threads next year... Rondo is our saviour, he has gotten us into the lottery and we now have a chance to get some actual blue chip players......  DUH....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo: The Great Disappearing Act : This is hilarious......  last night while Rondo was "dropping" 14 on the Bulls D Williams had 35 and 14......  I have said for a long time if Rondo is going to be the leading scorer the team is absolutely doomed...... What I guess I keep reading in this thread is that Rondo is the best player the Cs can put on the floor and the result is they cannot win...... nothing else needs to be said. Every night Derick Rose is the best player the Bulls can put on the floor and they win, every night the best player the Cs can put on the floor is Rondo and they lose....... As I have said about 100000 times give me a dozen other point guards and the Cs would have won another title or two during the BIG 3 era..... Protecting Rondo serves no purpose other than to foster the 27 wins they will get next year..... I cannot wait to read the posts / threads next year... Rondo is our saviour, he has gotten us into the lottery and we now have a chance to get some actual blue chip players......  DUH....
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Wow what a humorous post. John Stockton got in the hall of fame dropping 13 points and 11 assists. Rondo had 14 points 11 assists 7 rebounds and 4 steals. That's really funny you think hall of fame numbers are horrrible. You really should think these things through a little better.

Btw Derrick Rose had 25 points not 35 last night. Might want to look it up, and the celtics would have won two more championships if Garnett hadn't gotten hurt not another point guard. If they had oh, I don't know mike Bibby, they wouldn't have even played in the finals two years ago because the cavs would have beat them.

There are about 4 point guards better than Rondo in the leauge and that's it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Also I might Add that Rose is not surrounded by a bunch of players in their mid 30s with 1000 games or so on the odometer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Think of Tiny Archibald playing with 4 Don Nelsons. He's fast and they're all slow.

He's yanking the cord on an engine that won't (can't) start.

At KC the Cooz told Tiny to get 50 everynight in an effort to attract some attendence. They were going to lose anyway and needed something to sell to their fans. 

The C's already have a full house, so there's no pressure. They can keep putting this mess on the floor everynight. It's sad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

In Response to Rondo: The Great Disappearing Act:
    RR does not finish games---plain and simple. Bunch of goose eggs against da Bulls in the 4th just doesn't cut it. He puts up great numbers through three quarters, then folds like a house of cards in the final and decisive period. That's what separates the truly great PG (like Rose) from the rest. He will never be one of the "greats" until he starts delivering when it counts. As for the reasons for his poor finishes, look no further than a lack of a consistent outside shot and poor foul shooting. Defensive intensity tends to pick up in the 4th and teams will try and clog the lanes to prevent any gimmes. You need to make them pay for it. Rondo can't and therefore becomes a major liability when the game is on the line. No wonder Danny has been looking to unload this guy for the past couple of seasons. Unfortunately, the other 29 teams have also figured out RR's limitations and are not willing to part with anything of value. Just the thought of having to watch RR abuse the basket with his bricks for the next four years (until he walks as a free agent) is depressing.
    Posted by henryfinkel

MAYBE THE CELTICS OUGHT TO GET A POWERFUL CENTER ot face OBLIVION.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I have said for a long time if Rondo is going to be the leading scorer the team is absolutely doomed......

What I guess I keep reading in this thread is that Rondo is the best player the Cs can put on the floor and the result is they cannot win...... nothing else needs to be said.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/1/13/2703107/rajon-rondo-is-the-boston-celtics-right-now-but-is-that-a-good-thing

Rondo should not be the leading scorer. I really don't think anybody is saying that either. Its no mystery that the is not a naturaly scorer. But he is develping into an consistant one. He is one of the few players that can dominate a game without being the top scorer. Is there room for improving, absolutely. Having said that, If he continues at this rate of development, what will you criticize next? His shoes? We know that wins will be difficult to come by for the next few years. That's not Rondo's fault.The more criticism,  the better he's getting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In tonight's game against the Pacers Rondo did not show up. This does not bode well for future back to backs with so many old guys. Rondo is essential on nights like this. Play the young guys Doc and Danny get on the phone and see if you can move JON and some other bodies for the next era. It is time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

CP3 would have been a one man gang to get his pts, would be totally frustrated, cry fowl, and demand a trade, after the first week with this team.
    Posted by Ortiz123

Complain to GM Danny Ainge.  He would love to hear from you and can be contacted at: http://www.nba.com/celtics/contact/contact-boston-celtics.html

DA's the one who offered so much for a rental CP3 and found no takers.  He's also the one who "discovered" Rondo and is apparently now having buyers remorse.

Tonight's 4th quarter totals  for Rondo: zero points, one dime.

For the season combining 4th quarter stats for 11 games, Rondo has 18 total points and 21 total dimes.

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo: The Great Disappearing Act : This is hilarious......  last night while Rondo was "dropping" 14 on the Bulls D Williams had 35 and 14......  I have said for a long time if Rondo is going to be the leading scorer the team is absolutely doomed...... What I guess I keep reading in this thread is that Rondo is the best player the Cs can put on the floor and the result is they cannot win...... nothing else needs to be said. Every night Derick Rose is the best player the Bulls can put on the floor and they win, every night the best player the Cs can put on the floor is Rondo and they lose....... As I have said about 100000 times give me a dozen other point guards and the Cs would have won another title or two during the BIG 3 era..... Protecting Rondo serves no purpose other than to foster the 27 wins they will get next year..... I cannot wait to read the posts / threads next year... Rondo is our saviour, he has gotten us into the lottery and we now have a chance to get some actual blue chip players......  DUH....
    Posted by TheDUDDER

lmao..leave it to dudder to wait till another point guard has a great game to burst on the scene..where was he christmas day for Rondos 31 13 and 5? and for the record, Deron Williams is averaging 18 8 and 1, while Rondo is averaging 15 10 and 2. soo...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Rondo is a terrible fit at the Cs at the moment but only because  Danny has built around the Big 3 and not Rondo.  We have a racehorse in Rondo and 4 slow starters.  If a move is not made soon to get younger, we are a charity case. Rondo is part of the solution, not the problem.

Sections
Shortcuts