RONDO the Mike Vick of the NBA!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

RONDO the Mike Vick of the NBA!

There is no doubting that Rondo is the most athletically talented player on the Cs. BUT, Rondo is NOT a good leader as we have all seen time and again in the way he carries/conducts himself. Rondo is NOT the best in-game-player on the Cs when it comes to consistantly contributing to team chemistry, making his teammates better, clutch time shooting, and wins. Honestly, his flashy tricks catch his teammates off guard half of the time. This ain't the Globetrotters, man. He lacks good fundamentals, i.e. leaves his feet with nowhere to go with the ball, he throws too many bad, trick passes, he is still too streaky of a shooter in clutch time, etc. I see him as the Michael Vick of the NBA. Nobody can deny that Vick in his physical prime is an amazing talent and football player. BUT, his wide range of mad skill also has kept him from being an ultimate winner. RONDO has this same propensity for the WOW factor, but lacks in his ability to control and hone his skills enough to make it beneficial to meeting the REAL goal of winning. Stats are great, individually, but winning is the true sign of being a great TEAM player. Sometimes, LESS is MORE, and More is just TOO MUCH. I don't hate, I just tell the truth. I love watching Rondo show his stuff. I just wish he were on another team where he wouldn't keep hurting my teams chemistry and their chances of consistantly winning. Remember, THIS YEAR is his first as the proclaimed TEAM LEADER. His shoulders have proven too scrawny to hold such a big load. Bad decision by Doc and Danny to put this on him. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: RONDO the Mike Vick of the NBA!

wELL SAID  !!!  In sports, it is the "sum of the parts" that spells VICTORY !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

There is no doubting that Rondo is the most athletically talented player on the Cs. BUT, Rondo is NOT a good leader as we have all seen time and again in the way he carries/conducts himself. Rondo is NOT the best in-game-player on the Cs when it comes to consistantly contributing to team chemistry, making his teammates better, clutch time shooting, and wins. Honestly, his flashy tricks catch his teammates off guard half of the time. This ain't the Globetrotters, man. He lacks good fundamentals, i.e. leaves his feet with nowhere to go with the ball, he throws too many bad, trick passes, he is still too streaky of a shooter in clutch time, etc. I see him as the Michael Vick of the NBA. Nobody can deny that Vick in his physical prime is an amazing talent and football player. BUT, his wide range of mad skill also has kept him from being an ultimate winner. RONDO has this same propensity for the WOW factor, but lacks in controlling and honing his skills enough to make it beneficial to meeting the REAL goal of winning. Stats are great, individually. Winning is the true signe of a great TEAM player. Sometimes, LESS is MORE, and More is just TOO MUCH. I don't hate, I just tell the truth. I love watching Rondo show his stuff. I just wish he were on another team where he wouldn't keep hurting my teams chemistry and their chances of consistantly wining. Remember, THIS YEAR is his first as the proclaimed TEAM LEADER. His shoulders have proven too scrawny to hold such a big load. Bad decision by Doc and Danny to put this on him. 

Interesting post! I think it is important to consider two additional points:

1. The PG position on most teams runs the coach's offense. If Doc says good play after a trick pass, that tells RR he is running the correct offense and making the correct passes.

2. On the topic of leadership, it is tough for anyone outside of the Cs to weigh in on RR's leadership qualities. We are not in practice. We are not in the locker room before and after games. We are not there in the summer when he is organizing workouts for himself and fellow team mates.

With the above stated, I get every impression from Doc (RR's boss) that RR is a great team mate and team player. If RR is making his boss happy, who are we to judge?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I don't know where the faults lie here.  Obviously for me, Rondo is a great talent.  But I don't think it is a good scheme for everyone to have a mindset that, oh I have the ball, I must find Rondo and the offense goes from there.  Instead, it should be, oh I have the ball, look up what is my option down or anywhere on the court.  Some offensive sets will have Rondo as the starter, but I want the team to attack right away with or without Rondo and  pass the ball around to space and not specifically to Rondo.  Try to get the defense to move around more and possibly go out of position.

Anybody can flourish in a more team oriented offense.  It is unfair and I believe asking too much to have Rondo dominating the ball like he has been.  Only a few players like Jordan or Kobe in his prime might be able to pull that off, but there are Birds and Magic of the world who are also wildly successful with less touches.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

There is no doubting that Rondo is the most athletically talented player on the Cs. BUT, Rondo is NOT a good leader as we have all seen time and again in the way he carries/conducts himself. Rondo is NOT the best in-game-player on the Cs when it comes to consistantly contributing to team chemistry, making his teammates better, clutch time shooting, and wins. Honestly, his flashy tricks catch his teammates off guard half of the time. This ain't the Globetrotters, man. He lacks good fundamentals, i.e. leaves his feet with nowhere to go with the ball, he throws too many bad, trick passes, he is still too streaky of a shooter in clutch time, etc. I see him as the Michael Vick of the NBA. Nobody can deny that Vick in his physical prime is an amazing talent and football player. BUT, his wide range of mad skill also has kept him from being an ultimate winner. RONDO has this same propensity for the WOW factor, but lacks in controlling and honing his skills enough to make it beneficial to meeting the REAL goal of winning. Stats are great, individually. Winning is the true signe of a great TEAM player. Sometimes, LESS is MORE, and More is just TOO MUCH. I don't hate, I just tell the truth. I love watching Rondo show his stuff. I just wish he were on another team where he wouldn't keep hurting my teams chemistry and their chances of consistantly wining. Remember, THIS YEAR is his first as the proclaimed TEAM LEADER. His shoulders have proven too scrawny to hold such a big load. Bad decision by Doc and Danny to put this on him. 

1. The PG position on most teams runs the coach's offense. If Doc says good play after a trick pass, that tells RR he is running the correct offense and making the correct passes.

2. On the topic of leadership, it is tough for anyone outside of the Cs to weigh in on RR's leadership qualities. We are not in practice. We are not in the locker room before and after games. We are not there in the summer when he is organizing workouts for himself and fellow team mates.

With the above stated, I get every impression from Doc (RR's boss) that RR is a great team mate and team player. If RR is making his boss happy, who are we to judge?

BCSP, your points are valid, but it does not take a team proclamation to see that RR is not the "leader" type. His demeanor, facial expressions, and his lack of ability to control his show of negative emotions during games is all part of it. The strategy was employed by the org to make him the "leader" to push him to exert more authority and effort on the floor as he had shown signs of obvious disinterest in many, routine games last season. If it wasn't a BIG game, he wasn't doing much. This strategy back fired as the true leaders on this team, PP, KG, even AB with his intrepid defensive effort (true leadership by example), obviously took a more subdued role in ALLOWING RR to take on his new responsibilities, just as good teammates should when told to do so by the Coach. The eye ball test shows that there has been something wrong behind the scenes as everybody predicted the Cs to be a vastly improved, much deeper squad going into the year. What went wrong? RONDO's frist term as "THE MAN" is what went awry, plain and simple. None of us have to be told what we have seen with our own eyes. Doc and the Boys are simpy trying to employ "THE PATRIOT WAY"by saying the right things...Family business is family business. Its no coincidence the team looks more like a TEAM the last two games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

BCSP, your points are valid, but it does not take a team proclamation to see that RR is not the "leader" type. His demeanor, facial expressions, and his lack of ability to control his show of negative emotions during games is all part of it. The strategy was employed by the org to make him the "leader" to push him to exert more authority and effort on the floor as he had shown signs of obvious disinterest in many, routine games last season. If it wasn't a BIG game, he wasn't doing much. This strategy back fired as the true leaders on this team, PP, KG, even AB with his intrepid defensive effort (true leadership by example), obviously took a more subdued role in ALLOWING RR to take on his new responsibilities, just as good teammates should when told to do so by the Coach. The eye ball test shows that there has been something wrong behind the scenes as everybody predicted the Cs to be a vastly improved, much deeper squad going into the year. What went wrong? RONDO's frist term as "THE MAN" is what went awry, plain and simple. None of us have to be told what we have seen with our own eyes. Doc and the Boys are simpy trying to employ "THE PATRIOT WAY"by saying the right things...Family business is family business. Its no coincidence the team looks more like a TEAM the last two games.

I certainly respect your opinion(s), but without being in the locker room I have to reserve judgement, or rely on the judgement of people that RR reports to. Doc has said nothing about RR's lack of leadership, publically!

An additional point, this season a few games have been lost by players who were not able to make wide open jump shots. If those jump shots had gone in, and the C's were sitting on a winning record, would RR's leadership qualities be critiqued differently?

Again great topic of discusion!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

The Celtics board is always a good laugh.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Vick is a murderer; Rondo is a decent person.  Vick has no heart; Rondo seems like he is well socialized.  Vick is scum; Rondo is a good citizen.  Even comparing their play, Rondo receives more respect from teammates and opponents than Vick does.  Vick does not equal Rondo.  Rondo is better in every way.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to painter's comment:

Vick is a murderer; Rondo is a decent person.  Vick has no heart; Rondo seems like he is well socialized.  Vick is scum; Rondo is a good citizen.  Even comparing their play, Rondo receives more respect from teammates and opponents than Vick does.  Vick does not equal Rondo.  Rondo is better in every way.  

Id like to just focus on one thing you said..."Rondo seems like he is well socialized".   WHat specifically do you know about him or have observed that led you to make such a statement?

I find just the opposite.. during interviews hes not very engaging.. rarely have I seen him smile or demonstrate a sense of humor.. Other than DOc hugging him, I havent noticed very much affection thrown his way.

His rep from college wasnt a good one... His actions like suspensions and near fights on the court arent in asset in this debate.

TO my eye, Rondo seems more standoffish and cold than anything.

Enlighten me

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Id like to just focus on one thing you said..."Rondo seems like he is well socialized".   WHat specifically do you know about him or have observed that led you to make such a statement?

I find just the opposite.. during interviews hes not very engaging.. rarely have I seen him smile or demonstrate a sense of humor.. Other than DOc hugging him, I havent noticed very much affection thrown his way.

His rep from college wasnt a good one... His actions like suspensions and near fights on the court arent in asset in this debate.

Enlighten me

Sure.

Here is what Keyon Dooling says.  It is possible that Dooling knows more than you about this. You probably don't think so though.

I don't think Rondo is a good leader by the way.  But I also don't understand why he is blamed when guys like Pierce and KG should be leading anyway.

This was best summed up in a Yahoo interview with former Celtic Keyon Dooling, which I first read through a quote on Grantland. Dooling said:

John Stockton was a guy who never talked before the game, never signed autographs or anything like that and he was known as a gentleman and a saint so the spin that Rondo has is definitely a misconception. If you ask the guys in the locker room, I’d tell you that everybody is with him. If I have to go down a dark alley, I want to go down there with him. As a matter of fact, behind him because he’s a great leader … I think he has pure passion for the game. He loves the game, he’s a thinker of the game, he’s a student of the game, he’s a historian of the game. He wants to be special. He wants to quietly leave his mark on this league and he wants to kind of do it his way … He’s a reserved guy. Don’t allow people to tell you that this guy is a jerk or an a..hole because he’s quiet and he doesn’t want to talk before games or he doesn’t have this superman personality, this Dwight Howard personality.

In the same Grantland piece, Malcolm Gladwell reacted, saying:

…he’s not in the grip of some complex neurosis. He’s just an introvert who takes his basketball seriously. Done. Why is it that in the face of unanswered questions, people always want to gravitate to the most convoluted — and least plausible — explanations?

http://bostinno.com/2013/01/18/rondo-neither-needs-nor-wants-more-friends-and-theres-nothing-wrong-with-that/

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Rumor has it that 3 out of every 4 dogs still prefer Vick over Rondo. 'Nuff said.

Pud

I love people that jokes about dogs being killed.  You're a pretty special guy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Don't confuse love with hate, Mr. Creepers.

Much of the world eats dog meat to supplement their diets.

No joke.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Don't confuse love with hate, Mr. Creepers.

Much of the world eats dog meat to supplement their diets.

No joke.

Pud

I love that you made up a cute name for me.

And yes I know that about dog meat. Neat fact.

So lets hear some more funny jokes Mrs. Creepers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Enlighten me

Sure.

Here is what Keyon Dooling says.  It is possible that Dooling knows more than you about this. You probably don't think so though.

I don't think Rondo is a good leader by the way.  But I also don't understand why he is blamed when guys like Pierce and KG should be leading anyway.

This was best summed up in a Yahoo interview with former Celtic Keyon Dooling, which I first read through a quote on Grantland. Dooling said:

John Stockton was a guy who never talked before the game, never signed autographs or anything like that and he was known as a gentleman and a saint so the spin that Rondo has is definitely a misconception. If you ask the guys in the locker room, I’d tell you that everybody is with him. If I have to go down a dark alley, I want to go down there with him. As a matter of fact, behind him because he’s a great leader … I think he has pure passion for the game. He loves the game, he’s a thinker of the game, he’s a student of the game, he’s a historian of the game. He wants to be special. He wants to quietly leave his mark on this league and he wants to kind of do it his way … He’s a reserved guy. Don’t allow people to tell you that this guy is a jerk or an a..hole because he’s quiet and he doesn’t want to talk before games or he doesn’t have this superman personality, this Dwight Howard personality.

…he’s not in the grip of some complex neurosis. He’s just an introvert who takes his basketball seriously. Done. Why is it that in the face of unanswered questions, people always want to gravitate to the most convoluted — and least plausible — explanations?

http://bostinno.com/2013/01/18/rondo-neither-needs-nor-wants-more-friends-and-theres-nothing-wrong-with-that/

This is from a guy who is on his team and wants to try to ensure he has a job in the NBA, on the Cs mind you, post retirement. Please, be a bit more discerning when reading this propaganda. There is a reason why there is so much to read and made of Mr. Rondo's personality issues, else we wouldn't be reading quotes like the one you just provided............HYPE!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

STOP!!! Please!!! Keep your focus. What does any of this have to do with on court/field evaluation of effectiveness and talent? If you can't stay focussed, then please don't comment, lest you'll be referencing who masturbates more!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Enlighten me

Sure.

This is from a guy who is on his team and wants to try to ensure he has a job in the NBA, on the Cs mind you, post retirement. Please, be a bit more discerning when reading this propaganda. There is a reason why there is so much to read and made of Mr. Rondo's personality issues, else we wouldn't be reading quotes like the one you just provided............HYPE!

So I can believe Dooling, a guy who plays with Rondo every day, or I can go with your opinion, which is based on snippets of news conferences that he sees on television.

It's a tough one.

I just think it's funny that people try and judge players personalities from their living rooms. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Enlighten me

Sure.

So I can believe Dooling, a guy who plays with Rondo every day, or I can go with your opinion, which is based on snippets of news conferences that he sees on television.

It's a tough one.

I just think it's funny that people try and judge players personalities from their living rooms. 

REALLY, Snake? YOU just wrote that under your screen name, Snake? Fact is, what we see with our own eyes is real. What we hear from members on the same team when they talk publically about oneanother is usually BS, watch your back kinda stuff. Come on Snake.....I guess I gave you more credit than you deserve for being wise. My bad...... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

Rally you are weirdly obssessed with Rondo. Stop the stupid threads and get over it. We all no your stance on Rondo no one cares anymore.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Enlighten me

Sure.

It's a tough one.

REALLY? YOU just wrote that under your name, Snake? Fact is, what we see with our own eyes is real. What we hear from members on the same team when they talk publically about oneanother is usually BS, watch your back kinda stuff. Come on Snake.....I guess I gave you more credit than you deserve for being wise. My bad...... 

I know it's usually BS.

I also know that you know less than nothing about Rondo's personality.  What do you see with "your own eyes"? 

it's cool man. I never thought you were wise in the first place.

This whole conversation is ridiculous and you don't even get the point.  Ther point is none of us know whether Rondo is a good guy or not. You do understand that right?  Or do you actually think that while you sit on your barca lounger and eat cheese jax that you have some sort of 6th sense about who is a good guy and who isn't by how they act in press conferences.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Enlighten me

Sure.

It's a tough one.

REALLY? YOU just wrote that under your name, Snake? Fact is, what we see with our own eyes is real. What we hear from members on the same team when they talk publically about oneanother is usually BS, watch your back kinda stuff. Come on Snake.....I guess I gave you more credit than you deserve for being wise. My bad...... 

I know it's usually BS.

I also know that you know less than nothing about Rondo's personality.  What do you see with "your own eyes"? 

This whole conversation is ridiculous and you don't even get the point.  Ther point is none of us know whether Rondo is a good guy or not. You do understand that right?  Or do you actually think that while you sit on your barca lounger and eat cheese jax that you have some sort of 6th sense about who is a good guy and who isn't by how they act in press conferences.

i think its funny that Dooling, Doc, CPP, KG, and others rave about Rondo, all saying basically the same things, and Rally chalks it up to being bs, but then he reads two articles abt something Ray Allen and C. Lee MIGHT have said, about not getting the ball enough, at that. and thats the concrete evidence he needs to know Rondo isnt a good person or a good leader...hahaha. He believes what he WANTS to believe. The truth is, Rally has a deep disdain for Rondo (for reasons unknown to this board) and he wants everyone else to hate him as much as he does. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

Enlighten me

Sure.

It's a tough one.

I know it's usually BS.

i think its funny that Dooling, Doc, CPP, KG, and others rave about Rondo, all saying basically the same things, and Rally chalks it up to being bs, but then he reads two articles abt something Ray Allen and C. Lee MIGHT have said, about not getting the ball enough, at that. and thats the concrete evidence he needs to know Rondo isnt a good person or a good leader...hahaha. He believes what he WANTS to believe. The truth is, Rally has a deep disdain for Rondo (for reasons unknown to this board) and he wants everyone else to hate him as much as he does. 

Excellent summation. You see that with pud alot as well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

Enlighten me

Sure.

It's a tough one.

I know it's usually BS.

Excellent summation. You see that with pud alot as well.

Pud, Rally, ElDunker and Karllost are the worst by far.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Rumor has it that 3 out of every 4 dogs still prefer Vick over Rondo. 'Nuff said.

Pud

Stay Classy, pud...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Rondo is clearly the best player on the Celtics. People get upset that he doesn't play as well in unimportant games. He could be the first player ever to be criticized for being clutch. Some people just don't like him, that is fine but to act like he isn't the most important player on this team is laughable. The Celtics should win more now that he is out because other than him everyone was playing way below their abilities. If everyone plays to their abilities and some people overachieve that will net more than a heathly Rondo and a 12 underperformers.

Sections
Shortcuts