In response to JamezHill24's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to painter's comment:

Vick is a murderer; Rondo is a decent person.  Vick has no heart; Rondo seems like he is well socialized.  Vick is scum; Rondo is a good citizen.  Even comparing their play, Rondo receives more respect from teammates and opponents than Vick does.  Vick does not equal Rondo.  Rondo is better in every way.  

Id like to just focus on one thing you said..."Rondo seems like he is well socialized".   WHat specifically do you know about him or have observed that led you to make such a statement?

I find just the opposite.. during interviews hes not very engaging.. rarely have I seen him smile or demonstrate a sense of humor.. Other than DOc hugging him, I havent noticed very much affection thrown his way.

His rep from college wasnt a good one... His actions like suspensions and near fights on the court arent in asset in this debate.

TO my eye, Rondo seems more standoffish and cold than anything.

Enlighten me

Sure.

Here is what Keyon Dooling says.  It is possible that Dooling knows more than you about this. You probably don't think so though.

I don't think Rondo is a good leader by the way.  But I also don't understand why he is blamed when guys like Pierce and KG should be leading anyway.

This was best summed up in a Yahoo interview with former Celtic Keyon Dooling, which I first read through a quote on Grantland. Dooling said:

John Stockton was a guy who never talked before the game, never signed autographs or anything like that and he was known as a gentleman and a saint so the spin that Rondo has is definitely a misconception. If you ask the guys in the locker room, I’d tell you that everybody is with him. If I have to go down a dark alley, I want to go down there with him. As a matter of fact, behind him because he’s a great leader … I think he has pure passion for the game. He loves the game, he’s a thinker of the game, he’s a student of the game, he’s a historian of the game. He wants to be special. He wants to quietly leave his mark on this league and he wants to kind of do it his way … He’s a reserved guy. Don’t allow people to tell you that this guy is a jerk or an a..hole because he’s quiet and he doesn’t want to talk before games or he doesn’t have this superman personality, this Dwight Howard personality.

In the same Grantland piece, Malcolm Gladwell reacted, saying:

…he’s not in the grip of some complex neurosis. He’s just an introvert who takes his basketball seriously. Done. Why is it that in the face of unanswered questions, people always want to gravitate to the most convoluted — and least plausible — explanations?

http://bostinno.com/2013/01/18/rondo-neither-needs-nor-wants-more-friends-and-theres-nothing-wrong-with-that/

This is from a guy who is on his team and wants to try to ensure he has a job in the NBA, on the Cs mind you, post retirement. Please, be a bit more discerning when reading this propaganda. There is a reason why there is so much to read and made of Mr. Rondo's personality issues, else we wouldn't be reading quotes like the one you just provided............HYPE!

So I can believe Dooling, a guy who plays with Rondo every day, or I can go with your opinion, which is based on snippets of news conferences that he sees on television.

It's a tough one.

I just think it's funny that people try and judge players personalities from their living rooms. 

REALLY? YOU just wrote that under your name, Snake? Fact is, what we see with our own eyes is real. What we hear from members on the same team when they talk publically about oneanother is usually BS, watch your back kinda stuff. Come on Snake.....I guess I gave you more credit than you deserve for being wise. My bad...... 

I know it's usually BS.

I also know that you know less than nothing about Rondo's personality.  What do you see with "your own eyes"? 

it's cool man. I never thought you were wise in the first place.

This whole conversation is ridiculous and you don't even get the point.  Ther point is none of us know whether Rondo is a good guy or not. You do understand that right?  Or do you actually think that while you sit on your barca lounger and eat cheese jax that you have some sort of 6th sense about who is a good guy and who isn't by how they act in press conferences.

i think its funny that Dooling, Doc, CPP, KG, and others rave about Rondo, all saying basically the same things, and Rally chalks it up to being bs, but then he reads two articles abt something Ray Allen and C. Lee MIGHT have said, about not getting the ball enough, at that. and thats the concrete evidence he needs to know Rondo isnt a good person or a good leader...hahaha. He believes what he WANTS to believe. The truth is, Rally has a deep disdain for Rondo (for reasons unknown to this board) and he wants everyone else to hate him as much as he does. 

Excellent summation. You see that with pud alot as well.

Pud, Rally, ElDunker and Karllost are the worst by far.

You all are simple minded, laborers who are intimidated by intelligence, insight, and facts. You, especially Jamez, know where you stand with the likes of the ones you criticize. Inferior minds tend to hate. Not one of us hate, we simply speak the truth.....Oh wait, we are all RECISTS too! I am a real Celtic fan who doesn't like junky aZZ ball players. Nor do I like indulging the likes of you fools. Jamez, you are one stupid dude. Adios! No more reaction to your tired shyt. You don't know basketball from checkers. Now get back on the back of your truck, the route is nearly over!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: RONDO the Mike Vick of the NBA!

In response to jtkl's comment:

Vick is a murderer; Rondo is a decent person.  Vick has no heart; Rondo seems like he is well socialized.  Vick is scum; Rondo is a good citizen.  Even comparing their play, Rondo receives more respect from teammates and opponents than Vick does.  Vick does not equal Rondo.  Rondo is better in every way.  

Id like to just focus on one thing you said..."Rondo seems like he is well socialized".   WHat specifically do you know about him or have observed that led you to make such a statement?

I find just the opposite.. during interviews hes not very engaging.. rarely have I seen him smile or demonstrate a sense of humor.. Other than DOc hugging him, I havent noticed very much affection thrown his way.

His rep from college wasnt a good one... His actions like suspensions and near fights on the court arent in asset in this debate.

Enlighten me

Sure.

Here is what Keyon Dooling says.  It is possible that Dooling knows more than you about this. You probably don't think so though.

I don't think Rondo is a good leader by the way.  But I also don't understand why he is blamed when guys like Pierce and KG should be leading anyway.

This was best summed up in a Yahoo interview with former Celtic Keyon Dooling, which I first read through a quote on Grantland. Dooling said:

John Stockton was a guy who never talked before the game, never signed autographs or anything like that and he was known as a gentleman and a saint so the spin that Rondo has is definitely a misconception. If you ask the guys in the locker room, I’d tell you that everybody is with him. If I have to go down a dark alley, I want to go down there with him. As a matter of fact, behind him because he’s a great leader … I think he has pure passion for the game. He loves the game, he’s a thinker of the game, he’s a student of the game, he’s a historian of the game. He wants to be special. He wants to quietly leave his mark on this league and he wants to kind of do it his way … He’s a reserved guy. Don’t allow people to tell you that this guy is a jerk or an a..hole because he’s quiet and he doesn’t want to talk before games or he doesn’t have this superman personality, this Dwight Howard personality.

…he’s not in the grip of some complex neurosis. He’s just an introvert who takes his basketball seriously. Done. Why is it that in the face of unanswered questions, people always want to gravitate to the most convoluted — and least plausible — explanations?

http://bostinno.com/2013/01/18/rondo-neither-needs-nor-wants-more-friends-and-theres-nothing-wrong-with-that/

This is from a guy who is on his team and wants to try to ensure he has a job in the NBA, on the Cs mind you, post retirement. Please, be a bit more discerning when reading this propaganda. There is a reason why there is so much to read and made of Mr. Rondo's personality issues, else we wouldn't be reading quotes like the one you just provided............HYPE!

So I can believe Dooling, a guy who plays with Rondo every day, or I can go with your opinion, which is based on snippets of news conferences that he sees on television.

It's a tough one.

I just think it's funny that people try and judge players personalities from their living rooms. 

REALLY? YOU just wrote that under your name, Snake? Fact is, what we see with our own eyes is real. What we hear from members on the same team when they talk publically about oneanother is usually BS, watch your back kinda stuff. Come on Snake.....I guess I gave you more credit than you deserve for being wise. My bad...... 

I know it's usually BS.

I also know that you know less than nothing about Rondo's personality.  What do you see with "your own eyes"? 

This whole conversation is ridiculous and you don't even get the point.  Ther point is none of us know whether Rondo is a good guy or not. You do understand that right?  Or do you actually think that while you sit on your barca lounger and eat cheese jax that you have some sort of 6th sense about who is a good guy and who isn't by how they act in press conferences.

i think its funny that Dooling, Doc, CPP, KG, and others rave about Rondo, all saying basically the same things, and Rally chalks it up to being bs, but then he reads two articles abt something Ray Allen and C. Lee MIGHT have said, about not getting the ball enough, at that. and thats the concrete evidence he needs to know Rondo isnt a good person or a good leader...hahaha. He believes what he WANTS to believe. The truth is, Rally has a deep disdain for Rondo (for reasons unknown to this board) and he wants everyone else to hate him as much as he does. 

You all are simple minded, laborers who are intimidated by intelligence, insight, and facts. You, especially Jamez, know where you stand with the likes of the ones you criticize. Inferior minds tend to hate. Not one of us hate, we simply speak the truth.....Oh wait, we are all RECISTS too! I am a real Celtic fan who doesn't like junky aZZ ball players. Nor do I like indulging the likes of you fools. Jamez, you are one stupid dude. Adios! No more reaction to your tired shyt. You don't know basketball from checkers. Now get back on the back of your truck, the route is nearly over!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Enlighten me

Sure.

It's a tough one.

I know it's usually BS.

This quite possibly might be the most pathetic post of the year.

It did make me laugh though. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Yeah that last post was hilarious. People that don't agree with him are simple minded laborers.

Oh actually he said simple, minded laborers.  I guess intelligent people don't know how to use a comma correctly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

just a kid wanting to be a board playa showing his silly azz. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I'm not a Vick fan but Vick fought dogs,he faced the music did his time,never claimed to be a victim,never tried to play the "I've been saved by Jesus card" and never tried to deny and run away from hsi accusers. Vick, I thought was overated ,good but not great.

I think your arguement would've been spot on if you used murderer and juiceer "Shank Skank" Lewis. Vick made mistakes and owned up to them and paid his debt to society like a man. I actually gained a measure of respect after he was prosecuted,he could have played any and all cards from race to Jesus but he didn't. Vick faced the music didn't blame his "posse" or used his celebrity status and owned up to his mistakes. Ray Lewis murdered a human being and threw anyone he could implicate under the bus,saw Jesus,paid people millions to settle out of court, was found hiding in the trunk of a limo in new clothes,destroyed evidence and paid an associate to testify that the knife used was his and he stamped his signiture. Used  his fame and money to buy a plea that would carry 10-15 years if it happened to anybody on this board and did a few weekends and community service at the DAs and Judges social gatherings. He juiced to get back on the field, unless you believe that a 35+ year old recovered  4 weeks after  a torn tricep and actually gained a few lost steps was  a medical miracle!!! Rondo is seemingly tempremental at worst but neither him or Vick need to defend their charecter. Lewis however................

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Silly comparison, nutty even. Good thing Ainge doesn't share your views - but then he knows a lot more about this player up close than you...

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Simple minded laborers?

As in you Fearce, a grass cutter....or was it paperboy, you know: One who does a manual labor job that takes very little thinking.....like you, you know, "I'll have a #3, plain, medium Coke" kind of stuff......Don't worry, you'll get to the dirve through and have your own speaker maybe someday!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

LOL!!  How apt!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Does Rondo even have a dog?

Warning: Sarcasm Alert. Yes. Rondo has multiple lap dogs. They sit quietly in a tight circle. Loyal to a fault. When anyone even looks @ their Master wrong, they bare their canines. They now have to sniff themselves(to keep the dream alive; # 18) due to their Master being in the pool, inactive or more accurately, indifferent. They don't mind though. They see themselves in their Master's eyes and project themselves. And that's when the panting begins...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

Does Rondo even have a dog?

Warning: Sarcasm Alert. Yes. Rondo has multiple lap dogs. They sit quietly in a tight circle. Loyal to a fault. When anyone even looks @ their Master wrong, they bare their canines. They now have to sniff themselves(to keep the dream alive; # 18) due to their Master being in the pool, inactive or more accurately, indifferent. They don't mind though. They see themselves in their Master's eyes and project themselves.And that's when the panting begins...

Having a bad late night?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Nope. The usual. Getting paid to mock Rondo fanatics on your/their collective dime. I also read books, subjects that interest me, listen to music, watch classic fights, learning Spanish ect. Earning a pension. Again on your/my dime. Aint this a great country, or what?. What I'm not doing is spending all my time posting about basketball.And how was your night, Sir?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Nope. The usual. Getting paid to mock Rondo fanatics on your/their collective dime. I also read books, subjects that interest me, listen to music, watch classic fights, learning Spanish ect. Earning a pension. Again on your/my dime. Aint this a great country, or what?. What I'm not doing is spending all my time posting about basketball.And how was your night, Sir?

Pretty relaxed.  I was breathing easy, did not get bent out of shape, did not need to wipe the froth from my mouth, accomplished a lot at work, read some material with open mind and slept like a log.  Tends to be a typical representation of my days and nights.  Quite fun and satisfying really.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

Pretty relaxed.  I was breathing easy, did not get bent out of shape, did not need to wipe the froth from my mouth, accomplished a lot at work, read some material with open mind and slept like a log.  Tends to be a typical representation of my days and nights.  Quite fun and satisfying really.

That's sounds nice, Mister Rodgers

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Hmm if Rondo is so terrible why is the team having its worst season performance BY FAR since the other years he was part of the team. 

This was the wrong time to post this argument, would have made more sense before the playoffs. 

By the way Vick is a really inappropriate comparison on so many levels. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

It is a poor comparison. It makes Vick look extraordinarily bad.

Mike never rooted against his own team while taking their $$$.

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Pud

I see you are prone to hyperbole.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Hmm if Rondo is so terrible why is the team having its worst season performance BY FAR since the other years he was part of the team. 

This was the wrong time to post this argument, would have made more sense before the playoffs. 

No doubt the Vick comparison is a false equivalency. However, stating that Rondo detractors believe he is terrible is again missing the point. He's just not the answer. In fact, he's better than the answer(who was pretty damn good) but just not the answer. Why is Rondo the focal point of all things Celtic? Of course the Celtics downward trend is most certainly a combination of factors. Least of all our the aging warriors that can no longer sustain their former selves. The next obvious targets are the coach and GM. They both share responsibility for the choices made. They are in their prime and have achieved the ultimate success in their respective positions. The problem with Rondo is that he has more potential and talent than either of them combined and could realistically be the 2nd best player in the league. We all know that's true. What's stopping him? Certainly not the coach or GM. Gentlemen, the ball is in your court... 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

Pud

Aren't you the artful dodger!

No exaggeration here, my friend.

Not on my part.

Pud

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

Pud

Aren't you the artful dodger!

No exaggeration here, my friend.

Not on my part.

Pud

No proof on your part either. Somehow though, gifted psychic that you are, you have acertained that secretly in the back of his mind Rondo wants the Celtics to lose.

You know this because... well.... you know. 

Uh-huh. You can read his mind. His motivation isn't safe from your uncanny abilities. No. 

The great Kreskhin you are.