Rondo to Houston?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Re: Rondo to Houston?

This might work for both

Boston: Asik, parsons, lin,

Houston: Rondo and wallace plus future pick(s)

We take on a bad contract in exchange for a worse contract. and add a pick to sweeten that pot and the parsons pot. 

position wise it is a swap that works for both.  It also frees up the c's to try to trade Green at deadline or offseason.  2 years of lin is way better than 3 of wallace...

leaves a core for the c's of

future draft pick

bradley/future draft pick

parsons

sully/ko

asik/faverini

we go small in next few drafts and try for an impact pick.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

I do not understand this trade idea.

Asik is a big risk for the Cs as he has injury problems. The picks would be in the 20-30 range. I like Parsons though.

Rondo is a big risk for Houston. He is better than Lin, that is a given, but he is not a catch and shoot player. And Harden is also not a Ray Allen type. His game lives from dribble penetration and drawing fouls. He needs the ball in his hand, sth Rondo is not used too.

Risky, but well, Danny is a gambler :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

doubt something that big happens, but IF Ainge really like Parsons.........

Rondo and Green to Houston

Asik, Parsons and Lin to Boston ( Any first rouonds picks Ainge can steal would be nice).

if Ainge could then move bass to char for Zeller.......

Asik

Zeller

Fav

Sully

Olly

Humpries( gone after the year)

Parsons

wallace ( I can;t see anyone taking his deal on)

bogans (already gone except the salary)

Bradley (need to re-sign)

Johnson

Lin (for one year more)

Bayless ( gone after the year)

pressey

Humprhies, Bogans and Bayless money pays the $20M kicker on Asik and Lins lousy deals, but the owners would hvae to be in for extending Bradley (another $5plus his current deal) and the rookies ($6M More).

draft the best Point or combo guard you can at 5-10 in the draft and a forward at 16-22 pick.

that team is probably a playoff team next year, but can they compete for a title in the future? ( maybe we get lucky with the Nets pick being very high in a year or two.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

!!!!!WARNING!!!!! WARNING!!!!! WARNING!!!!!

After Fungy comes out of his fastfood job

This thread will sooner than later be Fungunized!!!!

You have been warned!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:

This might work for both

Boston: Asik, parsons, lin,

Houston: Rondo and wallace plus future pick(s)

We take on a bad contract in exchange for a worse contract. and add a pick to sweeten that pot and the parsons pot. 

position wise it is a swap that works for both.  It also frees up the c's to try to trade Green at deadline or offseason.  2 years of lin is way better than 3 of wallace...

leaves a core for the c's of

future draft pick

bradley/future draft pick

parsons

sully/ko

asik/faverini

we go small in next few drafts and try for an impact pick.

That core is just awful. Huge step back for the C's, who are already tankingly awful. No need to get worse, they can tank just fine with the current roster.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

doubt something that big happens, but IF Ainge really like Parsons.........

Rondo and Green to Houston

Asik, Parsons and Lin to Boston ( Any first rouonds picks Ainge can steal would be nice).

if Ainge could then move bass to char for Zeller.......

Asik

Zeller

Fav

Sully

Olly

Humpries( gone after the year)

Parsons

wallace ( I can;t see anyone taking his deal on)

bogans (already gone except the salary)

Bradley (need to re-sign)

Johnson

Lin (for one year more)

Bayless ( gone after the year)

pressey

Humprhies, Bogans and Bayless money pays the $20M kicker on Asik and Lins lousy deals, but the owners would hvae to be in for extending Bradley (another $5plus his current deal) and the rookies ($6M More).

draft the best Point or combo guard you can at 5-10 in the draft and a forward at 16-22 pick.

that team is probably a playoff team next year, but can they compete for a title in the future? ( maybe we get lucky with the Nets pick being very high in a year or two.

Lin and asik's contracts are ridiculous. People think Jeff green is over paid? Wait until you are paying the last year of thosto wow contracts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:

No way Houston does this... its way too much for Rondo.... more like Asik and Lin if anything happens at all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:

I hate the Chandler Parson part of this supposed equation.  Quit being so greedy DA.  Asik and the picks are plenty!

I agree... in fact if im houston I wouldnt trade parsons for Rondo straight up....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Trade

Rondo, bbass, pressey

for

asik, lin, montejunas and beverly +1st rd pick

Y Boston does it: Lin and asik contract expire after next year so worse case they are big expiring deals next season, or we can decide to resign them, we get 2 quality young players in beverly and montejunas who are still playing on cheap rookie deals for 2 and 3  years respectively. We also get those highly coveted 20s pick.

Houston gets rondo and bbass to help push them over the top and both their contracts are both reasonable and only have 1 year left after this year.

Works on trade machine.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Not a big fan of lin, but I think houston would want to get rid of his conract, and this way we can also get rid of bbass and open up time for sully and ko.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

I hate the Chandler Parson part of this supposed equation.  Quit being so greedy DA.  Asik and the picks are plenty!

I agree... in fact if im houston I wouldnt trade parsons for Rondo straight up....

Wow, two posters in one day who make sense.  If Houston is going to contend for a title they need Parson's.....period!  For god's sake, Rondo hasn't even shown that he's healthy let alone play for a full season.  McHale would be taking a gun to his head to do any of these trades. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

I'd drop a load in the middle of my living room if they actually traded RONDO...lmfao!

hard to beat droppin' a good load, eh melly?

meanwhile, here's a solid read from the herald ...

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2014/02/

lotto_luck_key_to_rajon_rondo_decision

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Wow, two posters in one day who make sense.  If Houston is going to contend for a title they need Parson's.....period!  For god's sake, Rondo hasn't even shown that he's healthy let alone play for a full season.  McHale would be taking a gun to his head to do any of these trades. 

Agree FBomb,

Houston doesn't want to be caught with their pants down and trade for an injured point guard like the lakers did with Nash.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Not sure about this deal. One dimensional center with a bum knee. 2 1st rounders in the 23-30 range. Then there's either Chandler, Motiejunas, Beverley, Lin, or T. Jones to be possibly thrown in. Hmmmmm...... Beverley is another Jeff Green IMO. The guy played 41 minutes against Cleveland this year and didn't score a single point, not 1 in 41 minutes! Played 24 minutes against the Raptors and scored only 1 point! Was 1-10 against the Lakers for 3 points in 34 minutes! These stats against horrible teams (just to name a few). Lin..... yuck. I'll give both T. Jones and Motiejunas a pass since I'm not familiar with either, though I think Montejunas = Faverani. Asik..... maybe a 1 year rental on a one dimensional player. Chandler I like.

If I'm Danny/ownership, The only thing that would keep me on the phone is Chandler. If he's not in the deal.... click..... But there's gotta be something else tasty too. Houston is the one who really wants this done. So I say make them pay for it. Rondo, Howard, Harden = championship calibre for many years. We had to pay an insane price for ours (plus KG was much older). Make them do the same.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Asik,Parsons is a must...2 picks also...the rest are minor details...stay strong DA...make'm come to you...time is on our side...I might stay up 24 hours for this one...darn, gotta work...

Sections
Shortcuts