Rondo to Houston?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Rondo to Houston?

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/2/19/5426128/boston-and-houston-are-discussing-rajon-rondo-celtics-rockets-rumor-trade-deadline-nba

Parson and asik and pick for rondo?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Rondo to Houston?

It's Asik, two picks and a young player.  Ainge wants Parsons, but HOU wants to give Beverley, Montejunas or Jones.

I'd do this in a heartbeat!

But......doesn' t  mean I don't love Rondo!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Interesting. Rondo would make Houston a lot tougher and it does seem they are a team he might sign with long term.

This one might make sense for both sides.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

parsons and picks would be a huge get. would also make green immediately tradable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

asik, parsons and a pick are fair, not that the pick would be that great.  but yeah, if you get parsons you gotta lose green.  If we trade rondo, then you gotta draft smart or exum.  With a front court of asik, parsons, and sully, that is a good start.  Who is in the backcourt?  smart? exum? bradley? hayward?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to myurkus' comment:

asik, parsons and a pick are fair, not that the pick would be that great.  but yeah, if you get parsons you gotta lose green.  If we trade rondo, then you gotta draft smart or exum.  With a front court of asik, parsons, and sully, that is a good start.  Who is in the backcourt?  smart? exum? bradley? hayward?

How about Ennis?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

It's Asik, two picks and a young player.  Ainge wants Parsons, but HOU wants to give Beverley, Montejunas or Jones.

I'd do this in a heartbeat!

But......doesn' t  mean I don't love Rondo!

We'd all love Rondo if we could just flip him for something useful.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

If we get parsons and asik i'm not sure i need a pick, or at least not a good one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Not a fan of trading rondo, but I would be open to this or even montejunas,beverly and asik and a 1st. I like jones but we already have sully and ko.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

The pick is prob going to be houstons picks which arent going to be very good (20's)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Whoah.  Timeout.  What's going on?  First, haven't the Rockettes made it clear that a trade for Rondo would include Linsanity moving back here?  I can't imagine a blockbuster which they receive Rondo wouldn't have to include us receiving Lin. 

Second, what pick(s) do(es) HOU have to offer?  What year/round?

C) Hedley.  Plus 1.  What about Ennis is right.  Worst case scenario, we trade Rondo and then miss out on Exum and Smart- that's fine, just draft Ennis.

IV- Rondo for Asik, TERRENCE JONES, and pick(s)?  Sounds a little bit lop-sided, don't you think?   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

Lin would be a deal breaker.  He is not cheap and he is always hurt.  Oh, and he sucks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Houston is one of the teams that seemed like a good trade partner from the beginning - whether for Bass or Rondo.  If Rondo was to go to Houston could they afford to re-sign him with Harden and Howard on the roster already? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Houston is one of the teams that seemed like a good trade partner from the beginning - whether for Bass or Rondo.  If Rondo was to go to Houston could they afford to re-sign him with Harden and Howard on the roster already? 

Sure, if they want to go over the lux tax.

Under the new CBA, I think, teams will make long term decisions about their window of opportunity.  The lakers did it.  Of course, it blew up in their face because DH left, Nash and kobe got hurt......The Rockets will have 3 players in the prime of their careers.  It may be worth it for 3 or 4 years...........then they'll have to stink again!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

In response to myurkus' comment:

How about Ennis?

Over Smart in a heartbeat.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

According to Sam Amick of USA Today the Celtics and Rockets haven't even discussed a trade for Rondo. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10484540/houston-rockets-eyes-rajon-rondo-boston-celtics

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

I hate the Chandler Parson part of this supposed equation.  Quit being so greedy DA.  Asik and the picks are plenty!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

This trade could be huge for the Rockets.  Rondo at point ,with his experience, they have a SHOT at going all the way.   Aisk and Rondo the money is close but other players may need to be involved.  Two first round picks sounds good if you think of tradeing up or tradeing for a good player, they just might make the difference.  Do it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:

I hate the Chandler Parson part of this supposed equation.  Quit being so greedy DA.  Asik and the picks are plenty!

I don't understand the infatuation with Asik.... The picks we would be getting would be in the mid to high 20's. I would want Parson too if I was Danny Ainge. Really I don't have any interest in pairing up with Houston.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:

I don't understand the infatuation with Asik.... The picks we would be getting would be in the mid to high 20's. I would want Parson too if I was Danny Ainge. Really I don't have any interest in pairing up with Houston.

A selected few understand the infatuation with Asik. Like you, I dont get it either. He is a wimp.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Knicks (who are crazy)-want to obtain Lin (somehow).  HOU wants to move Asik (who I also don't understand the infatuation with).  HOU does not want to part with Parsons or Jones.

Someone mentioned a good history between Ainge and Morley-which I was not aware of.  But don't forget ole friend McHale down there in HOU.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to spewey's comment:

Knicks (who are crazy)-want to obtain Lin (somehow).  HOU wants to move Asik (who I also don't understand the infatuation with).  HOU does not want to part with Parsons or Jones.

Someone mentioned a good history between Ainge and Morley-which I was not aware of.  But don't forget ole friend McHale down there in HOU.

and out of all the players mentioned, Rondo is the best one so of course DA is not going to budge.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:

If you have watched the celtics this season they sorely lack a rim protecting center, asik is an excellent defender and rebounder.  All elite teams have that, indiana,okc,spurs,gsw,houston etc. The market is thin with centers and so is the draft. He fills a major need, if we can get him with parson and picks that would be a great return, personally I dont see houston including parson, but I could see a combo of 2 of the following montejunas/tjones/beverly, which along with asik and a pick would also be a  good return, there are quite a few pgs available in the draft in the spots we are prob going to be around (5-8) so we could always draft a pg.

Again im not for trading rondo, but if we could get this type of return it would be worth it.

Sections
Shortcuts