Rondo To Kings 80% Done

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Rondo To Kings 80% Done

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/source-rondo-to-kings-deal-nearly-done/" rel="nofollow">http://www.basketballinsiders.com/source-rondo-to-kings-deal-nearly-done/

Source: Sacramento Kings/Boston Celtics deal now at “80 percent” to be completed before season. Deal includes McLemore, Williams for Rondo
    via Tyler Spence of SportsTalk Talk on Twitter

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Re: Rondo To Kings 80% Done

Looks like we're not going to see a Rondo-Smaht backcourt this coming season.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Well: his hocus focus ball handling is familiar --- I've seen it before, maybe from Rondo? only he's a white guy.

Nope! that trade will not do any good for celtics -- they need "BIG"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y615OnHyzs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Dont tease me!!!

Any trade removing Rondo is an attractive proposition.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I like the potential of MacLemore.  If he ever gets his head on straight he has the potential to be a legit starter if not an all star.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

We needed more bad shooters who combine for about one more rebound than Rondo, basically no assists and do shoot fouls a little better We need draft choices here, hopefully the Kings have someone else's, better than their own.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

The Kings aren't laden with talent, so why not wait until something better comes along, if they're going to make a trade? Not getting enough in return on this one. When Rondo has more time between playing this season and his surgery, his stock will rise. 

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

This trade gives us SG number 25 it seems.  I understand trade chips, but a whole roster of wing players and PF's does not a team make.  We need a legit superstar SF and a legit C.  MAYBE Zeller can be that C, but I doubt it.  He is likely just complimentary.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Head on straight , we talking head case?  Gee just what we needed,.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

There is nothing about this on the Sacramento Bee website. So, is this just Tyler Spence's fantasy?  

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

If we trade Rondo we better get a player back who is in the top 3 players at his position!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I imagine they are arguing over how much protection should be on the 1st round pick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

We must be getting Cousins, that's why he's not playing for team USA.(Bruised knee?)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

ptui. i got your bs trade right here.

bp

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

We must be getting Cousins, that's why he's not playing for team USA.(Bruised knee?)

We are rebuilding, remember???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Cousins is younger than Rondo. Not a leader like Rondo. He has potential as a franchise player.

I would rather have Rondo.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

We are rebuilding, and Rondo unfortunately for a lot of different reasons will deter the rebuilding process.  He is worth a lot more to the Celtics being traded.  Cousins has nothing to do with it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Does Rondo-Wallace-Anthony for Cousins-Mclemore-Williams make us better in the long term?(ESPN trade machine)

I don't think so.

Pushes Smart or Pressey to start.

Pg- Pressey,Smart,Turner

Sg-Bradley, Thornton, Mclemore(not enough mins)

Sf-Green,Turner,Williams(not enough mins)

Pf-Sully,Olynyk,Bass(not enough mins)

C- Cousins, Faverani, Zeller (Best center rotation in NBA)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Cousins is younger than Rondo. Not a leader like Rondo. He has potential as a franchise player.

I would rather have Rondo.

Change your screen name to DaKings... and you and Rondo will be good to go.

I promise.

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

This is a false rumor put out by TSpense, who is just trying to build more buzz for himself. BUT McLemore, Williams and a pick is probably about as good as it is going to get as a return for Rondo. 

It doesn't matter that we already have 4 SGs, the main goal this season should be the development for the ONLY player on the team who has the slightest shot at being a perennial all-star in the future, Marcus Smart.  Every other player right now is basically a place holder until we can acquire some real talent. 

Maybe Olynyk or Sully are still nice Role players on the Celtics by the time they are actually a solid playoff team, but both are very easy to replace, and should be a couple of our more valuable trade chips. Smart is the only one who has the talent and drive to be a top 3 player on a contending team. Until you get the other 2 players who have the talent to be in that trifecta, everyone else is interchangeable. Kept, traded, benched, starting, it just doesn't matter as long as Smart is getting his opportunities, touches, shots, and press coverage.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

And the idea that we could get Cousins for Rondo, in any situation, is completely out of touch with reality. And claiming that one might refuse that impossible trade and stick with Rondo OVER Cousins shows a complete lack of basketball and NBA knowledge.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:

And the idea that we could get Cousins for Rondo, in any situation, is completely out of touch with reality. And claiming that one might refuse that impossible trade and stick with Rondo OVER Cousins shows a complete lack of basketball and NBA knowledge.

Rondo has done more in his career than Cousins. A proven clutch player who elevates everyone around him. Cousins only looks good on a stat sheet.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

If we trade Rondo we better get a player back who is in the top 3 players at his position!

Have another drink

Sections
Shortcuts