Rondo To Kings 80% Done

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: Rondo To Kings 80% Done

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

HNGN UPdate: 8/18/14  6:00 pm EST

Boston Celtics and the Sacramento Kings reportedly never discussed a trade involving star Rajon Rondo. Although Sacramento may not be pursuing Rondo, Steve Kyler of BasketballInsiders.com reports the All-Star point guard being dealt before the February trade deadline is "inevitable."

Sacramento has been consistently mentioned as a potential landing spot for Rondo, with names such as Ben McLemore and Derrick Williams being floated around as possible pieces to the trade. Kyler's latest report, though, dismissed the rumblings as nothing more than gossip.

"Text messages from both sides of this adamantly denied a Rondo to Kings deal was on the table or under consideration," Kyler tweeted Monday.

Kyler also believes Boston will trade Rondo, calling the move "inevitable" if Ainge isn't 100 percent sure Rondo will re-sign with Boston next summer when his contract expires.

Marcus Smart will not be playing SG and will not be sitting on the pine.  

Cousins for Rondo, would also likely need to include a Celtics 1st rounder and either Oly or Zeller in the deal...and even then I doubt Sacto would pull the trigger unless the pick was unprotected > #3.

I suspect we'll get a first rounder, a quality young backup with upside, and an expiring contract for Rondo when the smoke clears.

[/QUOTE]

If DA cannot get Rondo's signature on a new deal soon he has no real choice but to deal him prior to the trade deadline. The C's will not simply let Rondo walk away for nothing in return. In fact, once Rondo shows no further ill effects from his knee injury it would make the most sense to move him sooner than later when his value in terms of return in players and/or draft choices might be highest.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Fiercy posting internet gossip trash huh? Typical attention wh0re.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

... In fact, once Rondo shows no further ill effects from his knee injury it would make the most sense to move him sooner than later when his value in terms of return in players and/or draft choices might be highest.

so ... then ... trader danny needs to strike while the iron is hot and the window is open, right melly? which is to say not until teams realize rondo's healthy, but before they realize his skills have deteriorated and torpedoed his game? have i got this right?

bp

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

... In fact, once Rondo shows no further ill effects from his knee injury it would make the most sense to move him sooner than later when his value in terms of return in players and/or draft choices might be highest.

so ... then ... trader danny needs to strike while the iron is hot and the window is open, right melly? which is to say not until teams realize rondo's healthy, but before they realize his skills have deteriorated and torpedoed his game? have i got this right?

bp

[/QUOTE]

Caustic.  SnakeOil used to come up with real caustic ones a while back.  The Celts were good then.  Those were good times.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Caustic. SnakeOil used to come up with real caustic ones a while back. The Celts were good then. Those were good times.

i think there's a place here for caustic, prakash. within reason, of course. i'm sorry if you may not agree.

bp

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

Caustic. SnakeOil used to come up with real caustic ones a while back. The Celts were good then. Those were good times.

i think there's a place here for caustic, prakash. within reason, of course. i'm sorry if you may not agree.

bp

[/QUOTE]

Actually I was appreciative.  Should have added lol!  Used to appreciate SnakeOil's caustic ones as well.  Small but with a big zzinggg.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Actually I was appreciative. Should have added lol! Used to appreciate SnakeOil's caustic ones as well. Small but with a big zzinggg.

prakash, as easy as it is to criticize this goofy place, it does have it's appeal. if bdc will allow us to express ourselves without the burden of moderators, we owe it to ourselves to take full advantage. i try to make it a point. ha!

also, snakeoil has gone nowhere. look for the zzingggs you came to appreciate. they're there. 

bp

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

bp

[/QUOTE]

Yes...absolutely...let the buyer get someone with some skills because the entire NBA knows the man can't shoot...lmfao...or play D any longer...so let them get someone with "skills" they might want....I'm NOT greedy...make it a win-win...they get Skills, we get rid of a head case...voila!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Actually I was appreciative. Should have added lol! Used to appreciate SnakeOil's caustic ones as well. Small but with a big zzinggg.

prakash, as easy as it is to criticize this goofy place, it does have it's appeal. if bdc will allow us to express ourselves without the burden of moderators, we owe it to ourselves to take full advantage. i try to make it a point. ha!

also, snakeoil has gone nowhere. look for the zzingggs you came to appreciate. they're there. 

bp

If this is what the Rondo Youth Brigade considers droll sarcasm then I understand why you all LOVE Rondo so much!

(Waiting for the obligatory "Oh Yeah!!?" response!)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

bp

[/QUOTE]

How true.  It can be painful here but also stimulating.  A highly moderated forum will also be very sterile.  Just look at the nonsense that Pud posts.  But I would rather read his stuff than not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

How true. It can be painful here but also stimulating. A highly moderated forum will also be very sterile. Just look at the nonsense that Pud posts. But I would rather read his stuff than not.

sheesh. it pains me to admit i might fall into that same category. one thing about puddinpuddin - he does keep it fresh. very little of the redundancy that plagues so many of his ilk.

bp

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

bp

[/QUOTE]

How true.  It can be painful here but also stimulating.  A highly moderated forum will also be very sterile.  Just look at the nonsense that Pud posts.  But I would rather read his stuff than not.

[/QUOTE]

Which is why Sams Club doesn't have a lot of appeal.

At least we don't make any pretenses about being convivial.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Boards were down for about an hour or more, but on the Celts board no one notices

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

Hey Fungus!

Is this trade done yet?

Yet to see RR sporting a Kings uniform ....

Pull the trigger TOO soon?

HAHAHA

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Fierce's yammering aside I still say a logical trade would involve the Kings and Pistons:

Rondo, Josh Smith and Faverani --> Sacramento

Stauskas, Will Bynum, Derrick Williams, Jason Thompson, the Kings unprotected 2015 1st and if Rondo signs an extension a top 3 protected 2017 1st --> Boston

Gerald Wallace, Brandon Bass and Jason Terry and the worst of Boston's now four 1st rd picks in 2015 (prob the Cavs) --> Detroit

The Kings get the headlines and two borderline all-stars who are bbf's to go with their two current flawed borderline all-stars.

The Celtics save some short term cash dumping 32 million for 18 million, although after this season Danny might rather pay Wallace 10 million for just one year than pay Thompson 13 million over two seasons. But the team adds Stauskas, who fits in with Bradley better than McLemore and was a top 10 pick, and guarantees a better 2015 pick in that swap. Williams could still have some potential, better to give him 20 minutes and Turner 30 than to give Bass and Turner 25 and have Wallace getting the pine when he deserves to play.

The Pistons do this only if they sign Monroe. In this deal they free themselves of Smith's 3/42 in exchange for Wallace's 2/20 and a draft pick. A smart move since Smith needs to play PF and would be blocked by Monroe. Bass can get backup PF mins there and is a Van Gundy favorite and Wallace can help them with the SF defense they lost in Smith. Terry a veteran gunner to mentor Jennings. Pistons can make the playoffs for sure. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I like this young foundation:

C - Zeller/Thompson

PF - Sully/Olynyk

SF - Turner/Williams

SG - Bradley/Stauskas

PG - Smart/Pressey

Thompson is the only player over 25. Four guys are 22 or younger. 

Oly can play some center, Turner some SG and Stauskas some PG

Green and Thornton are all under 30 and on one year deals and the type of guys that will be appealing to contenders anytime between now and the deadline.

Williams and Turner are both enigmatic former #2 picks who get a shot under Danny and Brad to have career years on one year contracts. Maybe one sticks.

Then we have our own lotto pick and two more picks, Sacramento's is prob in the 12-20 range and the Clippers in the 19-26 range.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

bp

[/QUOTE]  + 37

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fierce's yammering aside I still say a logical trade would involve the Kings and Pistons:

Stauskas, Will Bynum, Derrick Williams, Jason Thompson, the Kings unprotected 2015 1st and if Rondo signs an extension a top 3 protected 2017 1st --> Boston

Gerald Wallace, Brandon Bass and Jason Terry and the worst of Boston's now four 1st rd picks in 2015 (prob the Cavs) --> Detroit

The Kings get the headlines and two borderline all-stars who are bbf's to go with their two current flawed borderline all-stars.

The Celtics save some short term cash dumping 32 million for 18 million, although after this season Danny might rather pay Wallace 10 million for just one year than pay Thompson 13 million over two seasons. But the team adds Stauskas, who fits in with Bradley better than McLemore and was a top 10 pick, and guarantees a better 2015 pick in that swap. Williams could still have some potential, better to give him 20 minutes and Turner 30 than to give Bass and Turner 25 and have Wallace getting the pine when he deserves to play.

The Pistons do this only if they sign Monroe. In this deal they free themselves of Smith's 3/42 in exchange for Wallace's 2/20 and a draft pick. A smart move since Smith needs to play PF and would be blocked by Monroe. Bass can get backup PF mins there and is a Van Gundy favorite and Wallace can help them with the SF defense they lost in Smith. Terry a veteran gunner to mentor Jennings. Pistons can make the playoffs for sure. 

[/QUOTE]

LOL   Detroit would be THRILLED to get a horrible contract in Wallace, a washed up Terry, a no upside backup in Bass and a pick...  Dude.  Try redoing your logic understanding that Smith is a more valuable asset than Rondo straight up!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

I like this young foundation:

C - Zeller/Thompson

PF - Sully/Olynyk

SF - Turner/Williams

SG - Bradley/Stauskas

PG - Smart/Pressey

Thompson is the only player over 25. Four guys are 22 or younger. 

Oly can play some center, Turner some SG and Stauskas some PG

Green and Thornton are all under 30 and on one year deals and the type of guys that will be appealing to contenders anytime between now and the deadline.

Williams and Turner are both enigmatic former #2 picks who get a shot under Danny and Brad to have career years on one year contracts. Maybe one sticks.

Then we have our own lotto pick and two more picks, Sacramento's is prob in the 12-20 range and the Clippers in the 19-26 range.  

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

How about :

Williams, Anthony and McLemore to the Pistons

Rondo to SAC

Monroe to BOS

I read yesterday that we are going after him next off-season, why not do it now?

With the above players, he'd have to take about 13 mill.

DET gets two expirings, and Williams

SAC gets to pair Rondo with Gay  and Cousins

We get Monroe to start at C, or play PF with Zeller.

I think Smart - Bradley - Green - Bass - Monroe  with Pressey - Thornton - Turner - Sully/Oly - Zeller is a nice young team.

Lose Bass, Green and Thornton - waive Wallace at the deadline, and move forward.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Hopefully Greg "The Paint Clogging Slug" Monroe ends up in LA where he belongs. So he and Randle can bumble around in the ten foot square under the basket crashing into each other for the next decade, all the while averaging 0.04 blks Per game...COMBINED.

That is his new nickname BTW. I can't take credit for it unfortunately. I think it was coined by EVERY GUARD HE HAS EVER PLAYED WITH.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Check out "Miles Plumlee versus the Kings" 12-13- 2013 to see how pathetic DeMarcus Cousins looks

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL   Detroit would be THRILLED to get a horrible contract in Wallace, a washed up Terry, a no upside backup in Bass and a pick...  Dude.  Try redoing your logic understanding that Smith is a more valuable asset than Rondo straight up!!

[/QUOTE]

LOL

DUDE

You clearly didn't watch Smith last year. 

Worthless

His contract is one of the worst in the NBA

Detroit should be thrilled to turn his 42 million over 3 years into 17 million of Bass/Wallace this year and then just 10 million of Wallace next year.

And they get a pick to boot

Terry is just an expiring swapped for Bynum to make the $ work

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Commenting on yet another "Lame" Rame production? My God, just have to hope High School comes back into session...these endless breaks between his remedial reading summer school classes and real senior year classes allow the Lame one to run wild while mom and dad are at work! LONG LIVE THE HYDRA-HEADED TRADE SCENARIO!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hopefully Greg "The Paint Clogging Slug" Monroe ends up in LA where he belongs. So he and Randle can bumble around in the ten foot square under the basket crashing into each other for the next decade, all the while averaging 0.04 blks Per game...COMBINED.

That is his new nickname BTW. I can't take credit for it unfortunately. I think it was coined by EVERY GUARD HE HAS EVER PLAYED WITH.

[/QUOTE]

Wellllll....I can think of ONE PG he hasn't played with....YET!