Rondo to Knicks still breathing heavy!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Rondo to Knicks still breathing heavy!!!

UH-OH! Sounds pretty reasonable to me!!! Gondo and Wallace to Knicks for any two of Tim Hardaway Jr. and Iman Schumpert or Felton, or Amre??? Take your pick of the lot and Do it DA!

http://www.ibtimes.com/knicks-trade-rumors-celtics-rondo-new-york-metta-world-peace-out-1554194

and this original "source" story shows Amare and Felton on the table too:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2014/02/07/a-to-z-trade-talks-selling-carmelo-anthony-kyrie-irving-rajon-rondo/5295879/

And now we have one that includes Tyson Chandler:

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/537926/20140209/rondo-trade-rumors-celtics.htmGetting interesting! Better get your Kleenex ready Gondo lovers!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Re: Rondo to Knicks still breathing heavy!!!

I don't think they have the assets that we would want to pull off a Rondo trade.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think they have the assets that we would want to pull off a Rondo trade.

[/QUOTE]

Then you are over valuing a recovering Rondo. You aren't giving enough weight to how sending Wallace helps the rebuild. And you don't really understand the talent levels of the four players from the Knicks that are on the table. It goes beyond a Rondo for player A/B swap. It would be a huge step froward in a rapid rebuild this in fact happens.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I'd rather ttrade for Melo than trade Rondo to NY. I'm not in favor of trading for Melo I'd be upset if we traded Rondo to NY

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

I'd rather ttrade for Melo than trade Rondo to NY. I'm not in favor of trading for Melo I'd be upset if we traded Rondo to NY

The fact that you prefer to have Melo speaks to your level of understanding. Melo is an instant death sentence to any team's chances for consistant winning for any team not having a Durant or Lebron type #1 who would force Melo to be the default #2. That is the only way Melo gets to the big dance, if he learns to play team ball. As a #2, he has no choice.....Melo and Rondo together would be an absolute nightmare......2 #2s fighting to be #1 with Rondo as the "Captain".....OMG! Hopefully the Knicks see soon! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

The words " I'm not in favor of trading for Melo" are actually in the post and who has the deficient level of understanding?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

The words " I'm not in favor of trading for Melo" are actually in the post and who has the deficient level of understanding?

You clearly stated, "I'd rather trade for Melo than trade Rondo to NY." Regardless of what else you wrote, THAT statement in itself proves your lack of understanding. Think before you write and you won't contradict your own intent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

This is the best New York can offer:

http://www.celticslife.com/2014/02/report-knicks-still-lusting-after-rondo.html

Boston trades: Rajon Rondo, Gerald Wallace, Jeff Green

New York trades: Amar'e Stoudemire, Iman Shumpert, Tim Hardaway Jr, 2018 1st round pick, 2020 1st round pick, right to swap 1st round picks in 2017 and 2019.

Like the above article says, I may not find that enough if I am Ainge.

I am still hoping for Wallace, Bass and Rondo for Greg Monroe, Brandon Jennings, Charlie V's expiring and a small deal like Will Bynum's to make the $ work.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

New York trades: Amar'e Stoudemire, Iman Shumpert, Tim Hardaway Jr, 2018 1st round pick, 2020 1st round pick, right to swap 1st round picks in 2017 and 2019.

I am still hoping for Wallace, Bass and Rondo for Greg Monroe, Brandon Jennings, Charlie V's expiring and a small deal like Will Bynum's to make the $ work.

Agreed. I too prefer the Detroit trade, but I would be satisfied with either as it would mean better long term health for team chemistry without having such volatile psyche/personality on the squad trying to resemble a "Captain". How volatile and "Captain" became one is beyond me. It has to be merely to drive up perceived value. Only legit explanation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I usually like your trade ideas, but I don't like that one.  I don't like Charlie V or Jennings.....although it would be tempting to get rid of Wallace.

I proposed Bass for Asik.......Hump to CHA for Gordon and #26.  We then trade Bradley, #26 and #19 to Utah for Hayward and #21.

Green for Asik also works.......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I usually like your trade ideas, but I don't like that one.  I don't like Charlie V or Jennings.....although it would be tempting to get rid of Wallace.

I proposed Bass for Asik.......Hump to CHA for Gordon and #26.  We then trade Bradley, #26 and #19 to Utah for Hayward and #21.

[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... interesting.

Adding players like Asik and Hayward at the expense of Bradley and Bass are upgrades for sure, but not major title contender/stop the rebuild ones. Definitely not if you swap Green for Bass.

I think the future of this team if they keep Rondo is to move young 21-22 year old guys like Bradley and Sully (and the Hump expiring) for more vets in their late 20's to go with RR, Green, Bass, Favarani, Bayless, etc.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If they move Rondo the above deal with Detroit is great.

It is Rondo for Monroe as the centerpieces. A 29 year old Rondo will want a max deal after 2015. A 24 in June Monroe will ask for the Hibbert 4/58 contract but probably settle for just a little more than what Joakim Noah (4/48) and Larry Sanders (4/44) were given. i'd go 5/65 to keep him here that extra year when he will only be 28. Monroe has shown he is more C than PF next to Drummond. Sully is more PF than C. They would pair perfectly together. Monroe's was a 15/9.5 ages 21-23. Ages 24-28 he could be unleashed here as a 20/10 guy. Sully could also be a 20/10 guy. Imagine that!

Ainge would most likely add Smart in the draft if we pick outside the top 3 but within the top 6. If we pick top 3 and get Wiggins/Perker he can trade Green for a young guard.

Say it is Smart and DA keeps Bayless. Between the two of them and Bradley always paired with Jennings in the backcourt you have guys who can guard SG's and let Jennings guard PG's, but let Jennings play off the ball and be a scorer. He is only a 35% career 3% guy, but as he matures (only 24) and isn't asked to play so much PG that will improve. Definitely better than Rondo there. He scored 50 in a game once. The deal is really a Bass-Jennings swap as far as both being the second best players in the deal and making similar $. Bass one more year around 7. Jennings 2 more around 8.5 a year. Highly tradable as well.

Obviously Charlie and Wallace are contract saving swaps. The rest of Charlie V's 8.5m expiring to be free of Wallace's 20m over the next 2 years. WOW! what a steal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How about TWO three team trades:

First: 

To the Pistons --> Rondo, Wallace, Ben Gordan(exp), Josh McRoberts

To the Bobcats --> Humphries(exp) and Villanueva(exp)

To the Celtics --> Monroe, Stuckey(exp), Jennings and Will Bynum (maybe '14 pick in the 24-27 range from Bobcats)

Second:

To the Rockets --> Bass and Favarani (playoff quality backups at both PF/C)

To the Celtics --> Asik and Gordon Hayward

To the Jazz --> Olynyk and the Celtics 1st rd pick from the Nets/Hawks this year and top 3 protected first rd pick next year. Or if the C's get the '14 pick from Bobcats they can include that and the Clippers '15 pick instead of their own top 3 protected pick in 2015, whatever they/Jazz can agree on.

The Jazz are angling for Parker or Wiggins in the draft. Kanter backed up by Gobert is a good long-term C situation. Same with Favors backed up by Olynyk. They love Burke at PG (Bradley may be too small to play with him) and Alec Burks is a good backup at both guard sports anyhow. They would have the Nets/Hawks 1st and the Warriors 1st to add depth at either guard spot and a 6'6"+ wing player. Maybe they have another 1st in this draft as well or if not TWO in 2015. They would also not have to give 40-50 over 4 years to Hayward, who would be their 3rd-4th (maybe even 5th!) best player when all is said and done as Wiggins/Parker will be the #1 option. Olynyk at 3.3 more years and 6 million total is better than paying Bradley an extension starting at 6m a year next year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Only Kleenex I have, will be handed over to you and Dolan. Now put the Jergens down fellas, and awaken from your wet dreams. My, how some love to indulge in self-abuse.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Getting interesting! Better get your Kleenex ready Gondo lovers!"

You do realize that Rondo is also a huge favorite of the Cetlics owner don't you? 

I'm ok with Rondo being traded for the right pieces, especially if Wallace can be included in the deal. But, just be aware that the owner and to some extent Ainge are determined not to trade Rondo if they can avoid it. 

The rumors you are floating are credible but they come from the Knicks side not the Celtics. 

I really can't stand it when folks here trash talk players who contributed to championships teams with condescending nicknames, sad state of affairs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

2014-15 Projected Roster:

C - Monroe, Asik

PF - Sully, (Monroe and Green), Joel Anthony

SF - Green, (Hayward)

SG - Hayward, Bradley, (Smart and Johnson)

PG - Jennings, Smart, Pressey

- C's probably just keep the super cheap Johnson/Pressey duo over extending Bayless

- Smart should be expected to win PG job from Jennings by mid-season

- Jennings/Bradley as backup guards to terrorize second units as Bradley shuts down the best offensive player and Jennings can't be guarded by most teams 3rd-4th best guard would be incredible. They would each still play 20-24 minutes a game as Hayward would play a lot of SF and Green a lot of PF.

- Bogans termination deal, Pierce's TPE that opens for use in July and Anthony's expiring contract could all net assets this summer. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

C - Monroe (26 mins) and Asik (22 mins). One gives ++ defense and the other ++ offense at this position

PF - Sully (34 mins), Monroe (8 mins) and Green (6 mins)

SF - Green (28 mins) and Hayward (20 mins)

SG - Hayward (14 mins), Bradley (26 mins), Jennings (8 mins) 

PG - Smart (30 mins), Jennings (18 mins)

Everyone is rested as nobody plays more than 34 minutes but nobody in this 8 man rotation plays less than 22 mins.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

2014-15 Projected Roster:

C - Monroe, Asik

PF - Sully, (Monroe and Green), Joel Anthony

SF - Green, (Hayward)

SG - Hayward, Bradley, (Smart and Johnson)

PG - Jennings, Smart, Pressey

- C's probably just keep the super cheap Johnson/Pressey duo over extending Bayless

- Smart should be expected to win PG job from Jennings by mid-season

- Jennings/Bradley as backup guards to terrorize second units as Bradley shuts down the best offensive player and Jennings can't be guarded by most teams 3rd-4th best guard would be incredible. They would each still play 20-24 minutes a game as Hayward would play a lot of SF and Green a lot of PF.

- Bogans termination deal, Pierce's TPE that opens for use in July and Anthony's expiring contract could all net assets this summer. 

[/QUOTE]

I love that team.....BUT.....would you consider Exum over Smart?

Did you trade our other pick?  I was hoping to get Chris Walker with that one.....lol

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Right now, any trade for Rondo out there (Pistons or Knicks) both wouldnt help us become legit contenders. we would be better trying to do it alone.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

rondo, gw and bass for amare, hardaway, udrih and multiple 1st rd picks from the knicks

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts