Rondo to Knicks still breathing heavy!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: Rondo to Knicks still breathing heavy!!!

bumped

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

Sorry. You are wrong, and I did the research.

Like I said, don't be a fool.

Here:

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/12/trading-future-draft.html

Of course, in spite of the Stepien rule, a team could still end up without a first-round pick on an annual basis, since the rule only applies to future first-rounders. So a team like Toronto, which traded away its 2013 first-round pick, is now free to move its 2014 first-rounder, if it so chooses. In other words, a team can give up back-to-back first-round picks if the first of those two drafts has already passed.

This somehow makes you right?

HAHAHA

The Knicks have given up their first rd picks in 2014 and 2016 to the Nuggets.

How can they give the Celtics... at THIS YEAR'S TRADE DEADLINE... a pick before the 2018 draft?

Has the 2014 draft happened already?

Did you even read the information you tried to provide? I bolded it for you above to help with your obvious reading comprehension difficulties.

Wrong again 'Fiercy'

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

And now there's even a Tyson Chandler added to the mix. In other words, they will do whatever it takes to get Melo to commit to staying and we need to take advantage of that! With this position, DA could get a third team involved, be really creative, and really show us the mad scientist that he is. GO GETTem DA!

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/537926/20140209/rondo-trade-rumors-celtics.htmGetting interesting! Better get your Kleenex ready Gondo lovers!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

And now there's even a Tyson Chandler added to the mix. In other words, they will do whatever it takes to get Melo to commit to staying and we need to take advantage of that! With this position, DA could get a third team involved, be really creative, and really show us the mad scientist that he is. GO GETTem DA!

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/537926/20140209/rondo-trade-rumors-celtics.htmGetting interesting! Better get your Kleenex ready Gondo lovers!

I guess the issue would be why would the celtics want amare, Shumpert, Felton and chandler? Yuck. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about?

Olynyk for Hayward is not happening.

So what's the point?

[/QUOTE]

The point is that I view and use this forum the way it is meant to be. Fun speculation about things that likely won't happen.

You view it as a way to post 50 times a day, rail on those who you discover have made a small errord, refuse to participate much in said speculation b/c you are terrified of being 'wrong' and just bully others people b/c you are mentally ill and live an empty life.

1,500 posts since you were banned a month ago???

HAHAHA

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

This somehow makes you right?

HAHAHA

The Knicks have given up their first rd picks in 2014 and 2016 to the Nuggets.

How can they give the Celtics... at THIS YEAR'S TRADE DEADLINE... a pick before the 2018 draft?

Has the 2014 draft happened already?

Did you even read the information you tried to provide? I bolded it for you above to help with your obvious reading comprehension difficulties.

Wrong again 'Fiercy'

That's because you don't have enough creativity.

If we do it your way then the Celts can't get the Knicks' 2015 1st round pick.

But if we do it my way, we can get the Knicks' 2015 1st round pick.

Celts trade Rondo to Knicks for whatever package plus THE RIGHT TO SWAP THE 2015 CLIPS PICK WITH THE KNICKS' 2015 1ST ROUNDER!

Get it?

HAHAHAHA

You just don't get how you already lost this.

A. The idea of 'swapping pick' was already mentioned in the article I cited and is not a 'new idea' that you have uncovered.

B. This is not the Knicks TRADING their 1st round pick. The right to swap is not a trade.

The Celtics got threee 1st rd picks from the Nets last summer and the right to 'swap picks' in 2017. Nowhere does it say the Nets gave the Celtics FOUR 1st rd picks in the trade.

You were wrong

Get it?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

What are you talking about?

Olynyk for Hayward is not happening.

So what's the point?

Another point is that if you don't feel like the deal would ever happen.... then don't comment on it!

Making sarcastic little jabs like the bully you are when there is 'no point' in discussing something makes you come off like an even bigger loser than we all already know you are.

Trade Olynyk even if he hasn't completed one full season with the Celts?

Some don't learn from past mistakes

Those are your words 'Fiercy'.

Gordon Hayward is 13 months older than Olynyk.

That would be a 'mistake' in your opinion huh?

Well either man up and explain why... or shut up and don't act like a bully and a loser if you see 'no point' in speculating about such a trade. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

HAHAHAHA

You just don't get how you already lost this.

A. The idea of 'swapping pick' was already mentioned in the article I cited and is not a 'new idea' that you have uncovered.

B. This is not the Knicks TRADING their 1st round pick. The right to swap is not a trade.

The Celtics got threee 1st rd picks from the Nets last summer and the right to 'swap picks' in 2017. Nowhere does it say the Nets gave the Celtics FOUR 1st rd picks in the trade.

You were wrong

Get it?

Like I said, do research first.

Regarding that 2017 pick from Brooklyn, read below.

2017 first round draft pick from Brooklyn
    Boston has the right to swap its 2017 1st round pick for Brooklyn's 2017 1st round pick; if Boston exercises this swap right, then Boston will convey its 2017 2nd round pick to Brooklyn protected for selections 31-45 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Boston's obligation to Brooklyn will be extinguished) [Boston-Brooklyn, 7/12/2013]

http://www1.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

For a complete list of incoming picks the Celts have, check below.

Boston

2014 first round draft pick from Philadelphia
    Philadelphia's 1st round pick to Boston (via Miami) protected for selections 1-14 in 2014 or 1-14 in 2015; if Philadelphia has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Boston by 2015, then Philadelphia will instead convey its 2015 2nd round pick and 2016 2nd round pick to Boston [Miami-Philadelphia, 6/28/2012 and then Boston-Golden State-Miami, 1/15/2014]

2014 first round draft pick from Brooklyn
    Brooklyn will convey the less favorable of its 2014 1st round pick and Atlanta's 2014 1st round pick to Boston (via Atlanta's right to swap for Brooklyn) [Atlanta-Brooklyn, 7/11/2012 and then Boston-Brooklyn, 7/12/2013]

2015 first round draft pick from L.A. Clippers
    L.A. Clippers' 2015 1st round pick to Boston [Boston-L.A. Clippers, 6/25/2013]

2015 second round draft pick from Sacramento
    Sacramento's 2015 2nd round pick to Boston protected for selections 31-55 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Sacramento's obligation to Boston will be extinguished) [Boston-Sacramento, 2/17/2009]

2016 first round draft pick from Brooklyn
    Brooklyn's 2016 1st round pick to Boston [Boston-Brooklyn, 7/12/2013]

2016 second round draft pick from Miami
    Miami's 2016 2nd round pick to Boston [Boston-Golden State-Miami, 1/15/2014]

2017 first round draft pick from Brooklyn
    Boston has the right to swap its 2017 1st round pick for Brooklyn's 2017 1st round pick; if Boston exercises this swap right, then Boston will convey its 2017 2nd round pick to Brooklyn protected for selections 31-45 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Boston's obligation to Brooklyn will be extinguished) [Boston-Brooklyn, 7/12/2013]

2017 second round draft pick from Sacramento
    Sacramento's 2017 2nd round pick to Boston protected for selections 31-55 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Sacramento's obligation to Boston will be extinguished) [Boston-Sacramento, 2/24/2011]

2018 first round draft pick from Brooklyn
    Brooklyn's 2018 1st round pick to Boston [Boston-Brooklyn, 7/12/2013]

Uh-huh....

You have done nothing to help your cause.

I said this:

Knicks can't trade a 1st rd pick until 2018

You said this:

That's not true.

You should do more research.

It is true. The Knicks cannot trade one of their first rd picks (at this point in time) until 2018.

Swapping picks does not count as trading a pick.

You were wrong. Like you are 75-80% of the time when you take me on.

Get it?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

I guess the issue would be why would the celtics want amare, Shumpert, Felton and chandler? Yuck. 

Right.  Again, lost in all the noise on this thread is that the Knicks have nothing to give.  There is not a franchise out there more moribund than the Knicks.  They are truly in dire straits.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

How about this:

without any draft picks - let the teams sort that out:

DET - Jeff Green

NYK - Rondo and Bogans

BOS - Chandler, Villenueva and Monroe!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Ainge will not trade Olynyk for Gordon Hayward.

1. Oly hasn't even completed his rookie year.

Too early to tell what Oly will become in 2-3 years.

2. Hayward is a RFA who's asking for 12m per year.

I doubt Ainge would be willing to give Hayward that kind of money.

Hayward would've been locked by Jazz, before the season started, if Hayward agreed to 10m per year.

But he's asking for 12m per year. 

Thank you!

Was it really that hard?

You provided two solid reasons for why you disagree with that trade proposal beyond just hit and run bullying and sarcasm.

I would think long and hard about giving Hayward 12 million a year as well.

Olynyk is still an overall unknown, but I think most of us can agree he will not be Dirk. He may be a good 5th starter getting 15 points and 7 boards a game and shooting 37% on 3's as a matchup nightmare.

Or he may be a complementary 8th or 9th man who never takes the next step because he simply is too slow/unathletic and gets abused on defense so he always has a negative +/-.

Too early to tell.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

You see no benefit to shedding a proven malcontent/head case and Wallace all in the same deal???? AND, one could argue that you are investing in the dysfunction that a Mel/Rondo led team may be facing. Based on the history of both players, the Knicks are better off not making the trade. It could be a franchise killer. I like the deal for MANY REASONS. Sure, there's a cahnce it could work, but I bet there's not a sports psychologist out there that would bet his carreer on it working.......just an assumption of course.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

You see no benefit to shedding a proven malcontent/head case and Wallace all in the same deal???? AND, one could argue that you are investing in the dysfunction that a Mel/Rondo led team may be facing. Based on the history of both players, the Knicks are better off not making the trade. It could be a franchise killer. I like the deal for MANY REASONS. Sure, there's a cahnce it could work, but I bet there's not a sports psychologist out there that would bet his carreer on it working.......just an assumption of course.....

I think if Rondo were moved they could do better than getting back a collection of trash from the Knicks.  None of Chandler, Amare, Shumpert or Felton has any value to a team like the Celtics. If i move Rondo, I want to get back youth and or picks.

And the Knicks franchise has already been killed. That team is a mess.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Uh-huh....

You have done nothing to help your cause.

I said this:

Knicks can't trade a 1st rd pick until 2018

You said this:

That's not true.

You should do more research.

It is true. The Knicks cannot trade one of their first rd picks (at this point in time) until 2018.

Swapping picks does not count as trading a pick.

You were wrong. Like you are 75-80% of the time when you take me on.

Get it?

That's because you're missing the point.

I'm merely telling you that if we want a 1st round pick from the Knicks earlier than 2018, it can be done.

And stop with that 75-80% crap.

Every time I ask for proof about you winning against me, you can't show anything.

The last time we disagreed on a trade was Anderson Varejao for Jared Sullinger.

More recently it was George Hill for Rondo was a fair deal.

Everybody laughed at you for saying something like that.

So just stop with that nonsense of you winning 75-80% of the time.

It's simply not true.

If you care so much about me posting that percentage you are welcome to hit the archives and find the 8-10 examples I gave of some of my arguments with you.

I believe I won around 6-7 of them. 2-3 were too early or impossible to determine. You won maybe 1 of them?

How has Boozer and the Bulls highly valuable 1st rd pick in the teens for an expiring contract worked out for you?

Rondo and Wallace for Hill, Granger and two first rd picks in 2016 and 2018 is still fair enough to discuss in my book. Why do you constantly fail to provide all the facts?

George Hill is NOT the biggest asset in that trade. Draft picks and cap space are. Do you get these things? The Celtics move on from 12 million in '15 and a max extension for Rondo next year to $0. They move an untradable 20 million invested in a 32 year old Wallace to a very tradable 16 million invested in a 28 year old Hill.

Get it? The Celtics save 16 million.

If they traded him to the Knicks with Wallace for Amar'e, Shumpert and Tim Hardaway Jr. The Celtics save nothing in '15 and 8 million in '16 with draft picks in '18 and '20. Practically the same deal except Hardaway Jr. and Shumpert (a FA after next season) have more value than Hill.

I am not in favor of either of those trades. But I 100% made my points on them as being 'fair enough to discuss' and showed Fierce to be wrong in his attacks on me. So that is another win:-)

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Ainge will not trade for a player who's going to be a RFA.

That's why guys like Evan Turner, Gordon Hayward, and Greg Monroe will not become Celtic players at the trade deadline.

You don't have leverage over players who's going to become RFAs.

Just look at what happened with the Pelicans and Eric Gordon.

Now the Pelicans are having a hard time getting rid of Eric Gordon.

For every Gordon there is a Batum or a Hibbert whose clubs matched and were happy doing so.

Restricted free agency may not provide GM's the leverage they want, but it is a form of gambling and in the end they are guaranteed of never losing the player it just means overpaying. I disagree with your assessment that Ainge 100% not trade for such a player.

However, in Hayward's case it is harder to trade for him than in Monroe's case. The max Monroe can be offered is the 4/58 Gordon and Hibbert were offered. If someone gives him that I have no problem matching if I am Ainge, even if the team would rather have him at the 4/48 Joakim Noah signed for.

When it comes to Hayward, I would give him or match a team who offers him the Batum 4/46. If some team is stupid enough to offer the 4/58 max for a 3rd-4th best player then the C's probably don't match and have lost Olynyk and 1-2 draft picks for nothing.

Sections
Shortcuts