Rondo to Lakers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rondo to Lakers?

Lets face it, Steve Nash is done.  No way an old and bad back Nash and an old and coming off a serious inlury Kobe can compete with younger faster backcourts next year.  In an effort to retain Howard, the Lakers trade: [works on REALGM)

Gasol, Chris Duhan, Darius Morris, Andrew Goudelock and 2014 second round pick  for

Rondo, Bass, Terry and Lee    

Lakers get a young assist happy Rondo to feed Bryant and Howard underneath, incentivizing retention of Howard as their first priority.

Boston gets all star quality big man help in Gasol to match with Garnett and dumps horrible contracts and disappointing play of Bass, Terry and Lee to help in the rebuilding process.  Duhan as a cheap serviceable backup PG and Morris as a cheap young serviceable backup SG and Goudelock, the D league MVP PG/SG (averaged 18PPG against the Spurs in the playoffs when Bryant went down).  

then: Pierce and his contract (packaged with Shavlick and LA second round pick) traded to Clips for PG Bledsoe and C Jordan.

PG:  Bledsoe [Pierce trade] - Duhan or Goudelock 

SG:  Bradley - Morris or Goudelock, Crawford, DWill (more trade material here for backup SF)

SF:  Green - draft pick [Shabazz]

PF:  Gasol - Sully

C:  Garnett - Jordan or similiar [Pierce trade], Melo

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Rondo to Lakers?

No way.............for one thing, the lakers cannot trade their pick next year, as you cannot trade your #1 pick 2 years in a row.

Rondo for Howard can also NOT happen because the lakers, being over the tax apron, are ineligible to do sign and trades.

Bill Russell won more NBA titles with the Boston Celtics than Wilt, Kareem and Shaq COMBINED did as Lakers!!

No Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - 2-1 vs majic- last word!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

[QUOTE]

No way.............for one thing, the lakers cannot trade their pick next year, as you cannot trade your #1 pick 2 years in a row.

Rondo for Howard can also NOT happen because the lakers, being over the tax apron, are ineligible to do sign and trades.

Bill Russell won more NBA titles with the Boston Celtics than Wilt, Kareem and Shaq COMBINED did as Lakers!!

No Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - 2-1 vs majic- last word!

The rule states the Lakers need to be under the tax apron after the sign and trade. So they can make a sign and trade as long as they end up under the tax apron after the sign and trade.

[/QUOTE]

What is the apron?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Lets face it, Steve Nash is done.  No way an old and bad back Nash and an old and coming off a serious inlury Kobe can compete with younger faster backcourts next year.  In an effort to retain Howard, the Lakers trade: [works on REALGM)

Gasol, Chris Duhan, Darius Morris, Andrew Goudelock and 2014 second round pick  for

Lakers get a young assist happy Rondo to feed Bryant and Howard underneath, incentivizing retention of Howard as their first priority.

Boston gets all star quality big man help in Gasol to match with Garnett and dumps horrible contracts and disappointing play of Bass, Terry and Lee to help in the rebuilding process.  Duhan as a cheap serviceable backup PG and Morris as a cheap young serviceable backup SG and Goudelock, the D league MVP PG/SG (averaged 18PPG against the Spurs in the playoffs when Bryant went down).  

then: Pierce and his contract (packaged with Shavlick and LA second round pick) traded to Clips for PG Bledsoe and C Jordan.

SG:  Bradley - Morris or Goudelock, Crawford, DWill (more trade material here for backup SF)

I think you do not understand the trade value of Rondo.  And how bad the Celtics will be with a broken down overpaid Gasol.  What you suggest sounds crazy even if you hate Rondo.  Let's rebuild without the flotsam from the Lakers we would have to take on with this trade.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

It would be great if years from now, some Celtic management insider reveals the various trade proposals that have not been leaked to the press.  I bet Danny has pitched Rondo a dozen+ times already only to get turned down. Maybe none of us understand the the trade value of Rondo.  I just hope we find out soon.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

It would be great if years from now, some Celtic management insider reveals the various trade proposals that have not been leaked to the press.  I bet Danny has pitched Rondo a dozen+ times already only to get turned down. Maybe none of us understand the the trade value of Rondo.  I just hope we find out soon.  

CTR ALT DEL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Why would we help the Lakers?  The Lakers with a re-signed Dwigit, an aging Kobe, and no cap room will be dead in the water

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

The Celtics and Lakers would never, ever, under any circumstances, make a deal that involves top of the line players. Never has happened, at least not in recent memory, and never will.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

The Celtics and Lakers would never, ever, under any circumstances, make a deal that involves top of the line players. Never has happened, at least not in recent memory, and never will.

As our "mutual friend" might say.........."oh it's twue, it's twue....."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

As our "mutual friend" might say.........."oh it's twue, it's twue....."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Can we delete this thread??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I prefer Pierce, Lee and Bass for Gasol and World Peace

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Again, I agree.  You may recall at the beginning of last season I wanted GREEN, Lee and Bass for Gasol and Jamison..........situations have since changed, and I think this would be a nice trade....................but WE don't trade with them!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Again, I agree.  You may recall at the beginning of last season I wanted GREEN, Lee and Bass for Gasol and Jamison..........situations have since changed, and I think this would be a nice trade....................but WE don't trade with them!!!

[/QUOTE]

True, we don't trade with LA

The only trade for Howard that makes sense is Howard and Nash for Rondo, Bass and Lee

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Unrealistic perhaps, but I definitely like the creativity! LA would certainly do this deal and that team would be pretty awesome!

Though you realize that we'd have like 2/3 of our salary devoted to centers ....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from solich8. Show solich8's posts

Where is all the Rondo haters and why wouldn't they be advocating for such a trade? If Rondo is such a cancer, plays for himself and not the team, can't shoot, and leads the league in turn overs, why wouldn't the Rondo haters be all over getting him to our worst rival? If he is that bad, wouldn't it be a blessing for the hated Lakers to take on all of his deficiencies? Come on Rondo haters, lets be consistent!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

[QUOTE]

Unrealistic perhaps, but I definitely like the creativity! LA would certainly do this deal and that team would be pretty awesome!

Though you realize that we'd have like 2/3 of our salary devoted to centers ....

[/QUOTE]

I think this would be a bad trade for L.A.

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts