Rondo to the Lakers is the only possibility

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Rondo to the Lakers is the only possibility

I think our only option is to send Rondo to the Lakers for their 2014 pick and Nash.  L.A. may be the only city big enough to accomodate Rondo's ego, so he may agree to sign an extension there.  I think it's either this or let him walk for nothing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Re: Rondo to the Lakers is the only possibility

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think our only option is to send Rondo to the Lakers for their 2014 pick and Nash.  L.A. may be the only city big enough to accomodate Rondo's ego, so he may agree to sign an extension there.  I think it's either this or let him walk for nothing.

[/QUOTE]

Oh I think this summer there will be some team that came up short in the playoffs this year that will give up some sort of package for Rondo. I agree that he needs to get moved though. His skill set whille playing with a bunch of scrubs is not worth big money.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

HOU!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i say build a competitive core around him. this can be achieved over the summer. clever danny's got beaucoup options. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Nash (and Robert Sacre's expiring 915k to make the $ work) and a pick in the 4-8 range for Rondo this offseason is fine with me. LA wouldn't trade a top 3 pick for him of course.

The Lakers would have just Rondo and Kobe under contract, probably would pick up Kendell Marshall's 915k to backup Rondo.

That is 36.5 million under the cap.

They can give Melo a max contract (4/88) where he takes less like Dwight did to leave LA to leave NY and still have 4 million left to try and get a big man, or maybe keep Nick Young. Use the MLE on a big man.

Or LA can sign and trade Pau to the Grizz for Zach Randolph (16.5m player option) and use the remaining 9 million under the cap to sign Luol Deng to a 4/40 contract. He might take a paycut to play in LA.

Rondo-Kobe-Deng-Randolph and MLE big man, with a trash bench, could be a fiesty 1st rd playoff team in 2015 when Phoenix owns the Fakers 1st rd pick. Then Randolph and Rondo are free agents and LA will be 28-30 million under the cap and can hope that Rondo and Kevin Love split the space and sign for discounts.

Still a legit C away away from being a title contender. They'd have to wait until the summer of 2016 when Kobe's cap crippling idiotic 25 million is off the books to put that contender together. And by then Kobe will be a 38 year old 6th man.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

He's not good enough to build around. move him for something, or he walks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's not good enough to build around. move him for something, or he walks.

[/QUOTE]

I would love to have him stay for A reasonble salary. Not for max money though.  Gotta get something for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

who says so, ky? this board? that's rich. what's the definition of walking - he splits for nothing? you know that's not happening.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nash (and Robert Sacre's expiring 915k to make the $ work) and a pick in the 4-8 range for Rondo this offseason is fine with me. LA wouldn't trade a top 3 pick for him of course.

The Lakers would have just Rondo and Kobe under contract, probably would pick up Kendell Marshall's 915k to backup Rondo.

That is 36.5 million under the cap.

They can give Melo a max contract (4/88) where he takes less like Dwight did to leave LA to leave NY and still have 4 million left to try and get a big man, or maybe keep Nick Young. Use the MLE on a big man.

Or LA can sign and trade Pau to the Grizz for Zach Randolph (16.5m player option) and use the remaining 9 million under the cap to sign Luol Deng to a 4/40 contract. He might take a paycut to play in LA.

Rondo-Kobe-Deng-Randolph and MLE big man, with a trash bench, could be a fiesty 1st rd playoff team in 2015 when Phoenix owns the Fakers 1st rd pick. Then Randolph and Rondo are free agents and LA will be 28-30 million under the cap and can hope that Rondo and Kevin Love split the space and sign for discounts.

Still a legit C away away from being a title contender. They'd have to wait until the summer of 2016 when Kobe's cap crippling idiotic 25 million is off the books to put that contender together. And by then Kobe will be a 38 year old 6th man.

[/QUOTE]

We may disagree on this, but I say there is NO WAY MEM trades ZBo for Gasol.  Randolph is the better player now, and he has a player option.  (Of course, knowing him, he'll probably opt out).  Gasol will want at least two years........why would MEM do that?  If ZBo walks, they can sign him for nothing.............

Also, it is my belief that Gasol will stick it to the lakers when the year is over.  He will walk, and they will get nothing for him.  No sign and trade, no picks, nothing.  The man has been completley disrespected by management and the fan base here.............the REAL 2010 Finals MVP should not want this organization to get anything for him!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

not a smart post. 

I'm sick of Rondo getting trashed in this forum. The guy isn't perfect in his captain role or on the field. 

But the fact is that plenty of athletes have big egos. For many it's part of their makeup. 

Yes, fair enough, criticize Rondo, he earned it. But the incessant bashing is absurd. 

Meantime Sullinger, one of the darlings of this forum, is arrested for a domestic violence issue, and no one has any criticisms of that whatsoever. He gets a pass for being a "team guy." Yeah, great teammate. Those kinds of off field incidents really put the team first. 

Rondo has never been remotely implicated in anything like that. 

And he helped win a ring for the franchise, first in 20 years. 

Yet he is constantly bashed in here and Sullinger is constantly praised. 

What a load of hypocrisy. 

It will be hard to trade Rondo but only because it's very tough to trade expiring contracts like his that are not huge in salary. If Rondo had two more years on his (reasonable) contract he would not be hard to trade at all. 

As such, yes, it will be hard to trade him, just like most modest expiring contracts are hard to trade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We may disagree on this, but I say there is NO WAY MEM trades ZBo for Gasol.  Randolph is the better player now, and he has a player option.  (Of course, knowing him, he'll probably opt out).  Gasol will want at least two years........why would MEM do that?  If ZBo walks, they can sign him for nothing.............

Also, it is my belief that Gasol will stick it to the lakers when the year is over.  He will walk, and they will get nothing for him.  No sign and trade, no picks, nothing.  The man has been completley disrespected by management and the fan base here.............the REAL 2010 Finals MVP should not want this organization to get anything for him!!

[/QUOTE]

I get where you are coming from.

But the skill difference is barely noticeable. They are both putting up identical 17/10 stats this year, Gasol has the better PER by almost 2 points. He may be 1 year older, but he will likely age better due to his height and passing as long as he stays injury free. Randolph could drop-off quickly like a Derrick Coleman, those two always reminded me of each other.

Gasol may want to stick it to LA, but he doesn't get on the team with his brother for more than the MLE. He has 7-8 million reasons to do a sign and trade.

Z-Bo will 99% pick up his 16.5 million option. No way he gets more than like a 3/33 or so on the open market.

Memphis has a decision to make on Ed Davis and a RFA. He may be a bust, but at age 24 and 6'10" and still just 2 years removed from a promising 10/6.5 #'s in half a season of 24 mins per game, he's worth keeping. His Per 36 min #'s are 13.5/10. Gasol could sign there for 11-13 million and save the Grizz like 4m over Randolph to put towards Davis.

So the Grizz keep Davis, play him 26-30 minutes, have Marc Gasol at C playing 32-34 minutes and Gasol can play both positions (Randolph can't play C) and be kept at reasonable minutes. Memphis also STOLE Kosta Koufos from Denver. He is better than a 16 minutes backup and will get paid much more than 3m after next season. The Grizz can use him as a trade chip this summer if they had Pau. They are an athletic wing away from making some real noise in that situation.

I'd trade Jeff Green for Koufos, Jon Leuer and Quincy Pondexster. $ of 7 for 9 works.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

not a smart post. 

I'm sick of Rondo getting trashed in this forum. The guy isn't perfect in his captain role or on the field. 

But the fact is that plenty of athletes have big egos. For many it's part of their makeup. 

Yes, fair enough, criticize Rondo, he earned it. But the incessant bashing is absurd. 

Meantime Sullinger, one of the darlings of this forum, is arrested for a domestic violence issue, and no one has any criticisms of that whatsoever. He gets a pass for being a "team guy." Yeah, great teammate. Those kinds of off field incidents really put the team first. 

It will be hard to trade Rondo but only because it's very tough to trade expiring contracts like his that are not huge in salary. If Rondo had two more years on his (reasonable) contract he would not be hard to trade at all. 

As such, yes, it will be hard to trade him, just like most modest expiring contracts are hard to trade.

[/QUOTE]

The only thing not smart about this post is if people don't think Ainge and Cupcake will ever make deals together.

Ainge made a trade with LA in 2005, but with the two finals match-ups since maybe they won't deal anymore?

If you are talking Rondo for an expiring contract and a pick in thr 4-8 range this summer you can't consider that a stupid offer. What if that is Marcus Smart or Exum, and those guys become the next Wade/Harden and Penny Hardaway?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But the skill difference is barely noticeable. They are both putting up identical 17/10 stats this year, Gasol has the better PER by almost 2 points. He may be 1 year older, but he will likely age better due to his height and passing as long as he stays injury free. Randolph could drop-off quickly like a Derrick Coleman, those two always reminded me of each other.

Gasol may want to stick it to LA, but he doesn't get on the team with his brother for more than the MLE. He has 7-8 million reasons to do a sign and trade.

Z-Bo will 99% pick up his 16.5 million option. No way he gets more than like a 3/33 or so on the open market.

Memphis has a decision to make on Ed Davis and a RFA. He may be a bust, but at age 24 and 6'10" and still just 2 years removed from a promising 10/6.5 #'s in half a season of 24 mins per game, he's worth keeping. His Per 36 min #'s are 13.5/10. Gasol could sign there for 11-13 million and save the Grizz like 4m over Randolph to put towards Davis.

So the Grizz keep Davis, play him 26-30 minutes, have Marc Gasol at C playing 32-34 minutes and Gasol can play both positions (Randolph can't play C) and be kept at reasonable minutes. Memphis also STOLE Kosta Koufos from Denver. He is better than a 16 minutes backup and will get paid much more than 3m after next season. The Grizz can use him as a trade chip this summer if they had Pau. They are an athletic wing away from making some real noise in that situation.

I'd trade Jeff Green for Koufos, Jon Leuer and Quincy Pondexster. $ of 7 for 9 works.

[/QUOTE]

Great post - here, though, is still the question.  If you are MEM, and ZBO opts in, do you even entertain a sign and trade offer for Pau?

He could go to ATL, NO or PHO next year....or he could stay with the lakers, which I think is doubtful.

Lots of FA PF's this summer - he will have to take a cut:

Gasol, Boozer (amnesty), Hump, Brand.

Better yet - Pau Gasol to DAL.........wow, that would be great.  Dirk, Monta and Pau.

Nice!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

There is no question that Rondo is a gifted athlete and can drive to the basket with the best of them and is also probably the best rebounding guard. But he needs at least 1 and better 2 Allstar calibre PFs and or a Center who are both prolific scorers to whom to pass off to. As was evidenced, he  excelled with KG, PP & RA.  But he is not in the scoring capacity from the perimeter as a Paul, Curry, Westbrook, Rose(when healthy), Kidd & Nash (when younger) of maybe giving us 20-25 pts per game.

I don't see us picking up any Allstars, Love, Melo etc. so we may need build through the draft. Can we wait with Sully, Oly & hopefully Embiid and if not, get Omer Asik, for Rondo to work with them?

Golden State did wait a few years & look what they did to us last night. They are a young team that has largely been built through the draft. Steph Curry, would love to see him in Green, and would trade him straight up any day for Rondo, Klay Thompson & Harrsion Barnes were all drafted in the first round. And none of them is a Center so they get Bogut & Jermaine O'Neil, playing like a rookie with blocks & dunks but certainly didn't with us two years ago when Shaq went down.(maybe he was hurt). Of course, they do have a PF, David Lee, who can give them 10-15 scoring and 10+ rebounding.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

There is no question that Rondo is a gifted athlete and can drive to the basket with the best of them and is also probably the best rebounding guard. But he needs at least 1 and better 2 Allstar calibre PFs and or a Center who are both prolific scorers to whom to pass off to. As was evidenced, he  excelled with KG, PP & RA.  But he is not in the scoring capacity from the perimeter as a Paul, Curry, Westbrook, Rose(when healthy), Kidd & Nash (when younger) of maybe giving us 20-25 pts per game.

I don't see us picking up any Allstars, Love, Melo etc. so we may need build through the draft. Can we wait with Sully, Oly & hopefully Embiid and if not, get Omer Asik, for Rondo to work with them?

Golden State did wait a few years & look what they did to us last night. They are a young team that has largely been built through the draft. Steph Curry, would love to see him in Green, and would trade him straight up any day for Rondo, Klay Thompson & Harrsion Barnes were all drafted in the first round. And none of them is a Center so they get Bogut & Jermaine O'Neil, playing like a rookie with blocks & dunks but certainly didn't with us two years ago when Shaq went down.(maybe he was hurt). Of course, they do have a PF, David Lee, who can give them 10-15 scoring and 10+ rebounding.

If your best player cannot close out games to win, your team has no chance to do much. RR is supposedly the C's best player. It means we need an even better player than him to be a closer. Why keep him under those circumstances? Makes no sense to build around a high priced, volatile, complementary piece. does anybody really believe that the last trophy was won thanks to Rondo? Really? Lets just say that RA, KG, and PP woulda been outta luck without Rondo. BS!!!  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]

not a smart post. 

[/QUOTE]

All true. We can only hope RR will never go into politics, since it'll be civil war for sure.

He must be the most polarizing bb player ever.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Great post - here, though, is still the question.  If you are MEM, and ZBO opts in, do you even entertain a sign and trade offer for Pau?

He could go to ATL, NO or PHO next year....or he could stay with the lakers, which I think is doubtful.

Lots of FA PF's this summer - he will have to take a cut:

Gasol, Boozer (amnesty), Hump, Brand.

Better yet - Pau Gasol to DAL.........wow, that would be great.  Dirk, Monta and Pau.

Nice!

[/QUOTE]

Pau on Dallas is nice, and Cuban could overpay. Great posts from you as well.

If I am Memphis it depends a lot on Davis. If I knew he'd be even just a 12/9 if played 30 mins a game the next 2-3 years and I could get him this summer for the contract we are looking to give Avery (4/28) then I would rather have the Gasol brothers, who know e/o so well, and a 25 year old former lotto pick in Davis, all making around 30-35 million... then lose Davis, pay Randolph 15+ for the next 3-5 years (including the option year) and have just 1 more year of a luxury in Koufos before he leaves for some Asik 8-9m a year contract to start somewhere.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

The "so called" star cannot shoot...he does not play D anymore....As captain he refused to follow the direction of both his coach and GM and didn 't stay with the team to enjoy his birthday party, according to the GM (I guess the radio babbling tounges had good sources!)...he has a long documented history of being selfish and bullheaded, difficult to play with and a supreme egotist...Is it any wonder they could not deal him? You don't think other NBA players have heard all the real deal facts from ex-Celtics, even those who claim to be his "friends"? We're seeing how good he really is when he doesn't have a supporting cast of 3 future HOF's...

Build around this malcontent?  BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'm perfectly willingt to wait and see what happens...If he's still here after his contract runs out and he resigns with the C's I'll be back to say I was wrong...but I won't be...

* I doubt anyone will trade for this guy

* He's spiteful and will do what he can to stick it to the C's and walk, refusing to sign any extended contract with another team unless he makes the complete decision...That's Pure Rondo!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

not a smart post. 

[/QUOTE]

All true. We can only hope RR will never go into politics, since it'll be civil war for sure.

He must be the most polarizing bb player ever.

[/QUOTE]

It's because he's Rondo...he puts himself first! ALWAYS

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

The "so called" star cannot shoot...he does not play D anymore....As captain he refused to follow the direction of both his coach and GM and didn 't stay with the team to enjoy his birthday party, according to the GM (I guess the radio babbling tounges had good sources!)...he has a long documented history of being selfish and bullheaded, difficult to play with and a supreme egotist...Is it any wonder they could not deal him? You don't think other NBA players have heard all the real deal facts from ex-Celtics, even those who claim to be his "friends"? We're seeing how good he really is when he doesn't have a supporting cast of 3 future HOF's...

I'm perfectly willingt to wait and see what happens...If he's still here after his contract runs out and he resigns with the C's I'll be back to say I was wrong...but I won't be...

* He's spiteful and will do what he can to stick it to the C's and walk, refusing to sign any extended contract with another team unless he makes the complete decision...That's Pure Rondo!

Wrongdo being Wrongdo! I'm with ya MEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! He gotta go, and will.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Wrongdo being Wrongdo! I'm with ya MEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! He gotta go, and will.

The Globe sports page has an article about how much Red would have loved/admired/welcomed Rondo to his team... in the tradition of DJ and Chief who had reputations as malcontents before coming to Beantown.

http://www.boston.com/sports/touching_all_the_bases/2014/03/sunday_mail_rondo_dj.html

Red may have taken a flier on CaptainPoutyPout but no doubt would have shipped him out to a farm team the first time he defied coaches... until he matured or played out his contract, whichever came first.

And given those options, Rondo might have shaped up and fitted into Red's winning program.... but probably not. 

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

[QUOTE]

The Globe sports page has an article about how much Red would have loved/admired/welcomed Rondo to his team... in the tradition of DJ and Chief who had reputations as malcontents before coming to Beantown.

http://www.boston.com/sports/touching_all_the_bases/2014/03/sunday_mail_rondo_dj.html

Red may have taken a flier on CaptainPoutyPout but no doubt would have shipped him out to a farm team the first time he defied coaches... until he matured or played out his contract, whichever came first.

And given those options, Rondo might have shaped up and fitted into Red's winning program.... but probably not. 

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Pud...the die has been cast by the little malcontent himself...even many of his supporters here cannot stand by what he did, or at least acknowledge that his continuing here past the current contract is not appropriate for all parties...

Frankly...I'll say this as well...if DA comes out of this "Rondo" hassle without a thing, he may be gone as well......his gutless approach to  "Capt'n Rondo" and what he did to Stevens and the team is a shameful joke

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

UNLESS THEY DECIDE TO KEEP RONDO AND SEE HOW HE DOES WITH 2 OF THE TOP 10 ROOKIES ON NEXT SEASON'S TEAM.....KEEP RONDO, DRAFT THE RIGHT GUYS , AND BRING BACK THE BIG 3 FOR SCALABRINE MONEY......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

UNLESS THEY DECIDE TO KEEP RONDO AND SEE HOW HE DOES WITH 2 OF THE TOP 10 ROOKIES ON NEXT SEASON'S TEAM.....KEEP RONDO, DRAFT THE RIGHT GUYS , AND BRING BACK THE BIG 3 FOR SCALABRINE MONEY......

[/QUOTE]

Where are they getting a second top 10 pick this year if they keep Rondo? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[/QUOTE]

Pud...the die has been cast by the little malcontent himself...even many of his supporters here cannot stand by what he did, or at least acknowledge that his continuing here past the current contract is not appropriate for all parties...

Frankly...I'll say this as well...if DA comes out of this "Rondo" hassle without a thing, he may be gone as well......his gutless approach to  "Capt'n Rondo" and what he did to Stevens and the team is a shameful joke

[/QUOTE]

To allow Rondo to walk would be for DA to acknowledge that drafting R9R and then giving him a 5 year extention and tolerating a lot of "monkey business" along the way was a huge mistake.

To take little or nothing in trade would be a similar admission.

To resign and attempt to build around him.... worse yet.

MEMO to DA: Stop digging!!!

Pud