Rondo to the Pelicans?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Rondo to the Pelicans?

if we're going to be a good team and rebuild, we have to trade the prince of the 61% career free throw shooter point guards.  really, before rondo there was no such thing as a career FT shooter that low.  other than TR Dunn?  and he was a lock down defender 2 guard as i remember.  so, nobody.

do this trade in a SECOND.  vasquez shoots 80% free throws, will never shy away from doing his job late in a game and has decent all around abilities, will not try to hog the ball to get every assist to cover up for himself stinking

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I wouldn't do this trade in a million years.

The trade I would do with them would be

To the Pelicans - Bass, AB, Melo and #1

To Celtics - Rivers, Ryan Anderson

you want incompetent austin home with daddy dearest rivers?  austin really has very little upside i this league.  rook year of 30% field goals on a basement team?  can you say BUST?

or are you really just have a nepotism fix?  i'm SURE doc would paly son-fish quite a bit here, regardless of what he did for us.  54.6% free throws?  what's the excuse for austin doing that?!  Surprised

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I don't want Vasquez. He's slower than molasses.

I would want Rivers because we need a shooter. I think he'll become a better shooter than he showed last year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to mbrann's comment:

In response to dirty52's comment:

Would Rondo still have triple doubles if he did not play with the Big 3?

Well...maybe he wouldn't be able to get 10 dimes every night without some decent shooters around. But he has greatness in him and this is extremely rare. It just doesn't come out all the time which is, of course, very frustrating for all of us.  But he is a smart kid and I think he will continue to make improvements to his jump shot and his overall consistency.

The problem is not his intellectual IQ. He is certainly smart enough.

The fly in the ointment is R9R's emotional IQ which roughly matches his career FT%. Low to mid 60's.

A prospective GM would have to worry about Rondo's ability to function outside of the Celtic/Doc bubble so carefully crafted to try to accommodate this temperamental player.

The one time he ventured out when he played for Coach K in 2010 FIBA was disaster.

Pud

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to dirty52's comment:

In response to mbrann's comment:

This is an interesting angle but I agree with the last couple of posts that Rondo is worth more than this. Just becuase a player has the same production numbers doesn't tell the full story. Rondo is a PITA but he is an elite player. He can lay down triple doubles in playoff games...this is a very special thing.

Would Rondo still have triple doubles if he did not play with the Big 3?

averaged 14 11 and 6 this season before injury, and finished the season with the most triple doubles. This is with a big 2 bc Ray left, and lets be honest, how BIG were KG and Pierce this year? That argument is old.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

How about this for a first move:

Rondo and Melo to the Pelicans for Vasquez, Robin Lopez, Austin Rivers and pick 6

This trade works in the trade machine.

After July 1st a bunch more trades are able to be made. I like:

Pierce and Lee to Golden State for Richard Jefferson and Andris Biedrins expiring contracts, Draymond Green and GS's lotto protected 1st rd pick in 2015.

KG (waives no-trade once PP is gone) and Terry to the Clippers for DeAndre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe and Willie Green (PO picked up).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

After that we have these 13 players on the 15 man:

C - Jordan, Lopez, Biedrins

PF - Bass, Sully

SF - J. Green, D. Green, Jefferson

SG - Bradley, Rivers, W. Green

PG - Vasquez, Bledsoe, Crawford

The remaining 2 spots are picks 6 and 16, so some players have to be released/bought out although the picks could certainly be packaged on draft night, along with say a Bass or Crawford (or Terry/Lee prior to those other trades that happen in July) for a star or top 3 pick. Would the Cavs trade picks 1 and 19 (along w/ $ filler like Gee/Miles) for Jeff Green and picks 6 and 16? Nerlens Noel is a Boston native.

Those 3 trades bring in only 15-16 million in contracts for 2015, then only Green's 915k for '16 (Vasquez and Bledsoe have qualifying offers of only around 6 million). Meanwhile moving RR, Terry and Lee saves 6-7 million in 2015 and another 5 million in 2016.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

It's a realistic trade except it's unlike Rondo will be traded until he proves that he can play on his knee. Right now he's worth less to other teams as they don't know how he will be upon return. 

I'm not sure why this writer doesn't realize Rondo is an injured player right now, it's written as if he's 100 percent healthy and ready to go. 

Also Bradley struggled so much without Rondo that I have a hunch Ainge/Doc want to play Rondo alongside Bradley for a bit to help determine not just Rond's value but Bradley's, because if Bradley plays as so-so as he did in the playoffs, he may not be good to build around...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

After that we have these 13 players on the 15 man:

C - Jordan, Lopez, Biedrins

PF - Bass, Sully

SF - J. Green, D. Green, Jefferson

SG - Bradley, Rivers, W. Green

PG - Vasquez, Bledsoe, Crawford

The remaining 2 spots are picks 6 and 16, so some players have to be released/bought out although the picks could certainly be packaged on draft night, along with say a Bass or Crawford (or Terry/Lee prior to those other trades that happen in July) for a star or top 3 pick. Would the Cavs trade picks 1 and 19 (along w/ $ filler like Gee/Miles) for Jeff Green and picks 6 and 16? Nerlens Noel is a Boston native.

Those 3 trades bring in only 15-16 million in contracts for 2015, then only Green's 915k for '16 (Vasquez and Bledsoe have qualifying offers of only around 6 million). Meanwhile moving RR, Terry and Lee saves 6-7 million in 2015 and another 5 million in 2016.   

Still trying to contemplate all of this, but Rame has the right idea here. If you look to rebuild (get rid of PP, KG, RR) then you have to go all in with it. I like shipping out Jeff Green in this scenerio for Noel and S&Ts. I'd look to trade Bass away as well. 

Its hard to assess, but I think with the right rotations and a few more moves at the deadline, we could be bad enough to position ourselves well in the lottery for Wiggins...

That should be the goal of a total rebuild, the shot at a transcendent player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I don't want Vasquez. He's slower than molasses.

I would want Rivers because we need a shooter. I think he'll become a better shooter than he showed last year.

he can also post up.  he abused the heck out of whoever we put on him this year when we played the pellycans

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

averaged 14 11 and 6 this season before injury, and finished the season with the most triple doubles. This is with a big 2 bc Ray left, and lets be honest, how BIG were KG and Pierce this year? That argument is old.

Jamez... you can come back from time to time next season and keep us apprised as to how Rondo is doing w/New Orleans. You should be glad.

A change of scenery will do both of you guys a world of good.

No more future HOFer dead weight around R9R's neck holding him back.

He'll be the Pigeon's Pheasants Parrots Pelican's star... no questions about it. 

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

deanderthal jordan books a big number for small accomplishments.  38% FT's last year and then 22% in the playoffs as he did the "shrinking violet" act perfectly with his bro' blake.  pathetic.  i'm sorry but i need basic skills in a big man.  there is no need to bring jordan and biendrins here.  bring just biedrins and then find someone else.  if you had jordan + biedrins then you'd have the only two bigs in pro ball who together don't add up to 50% free throws

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

biedrens is a 6 point/7 rebound/1 block guy. and he shoots 50% from the line. no thanks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

Rondo is too young and talented to trade right now. I give him until the deadline to see if his attitude and game improves. This trade is a joke. We already know Vasquez will never impact the game as much as Rondo and this being a weak draft it's easy to predict the #6 overall pick will most likely result in a solid starter AT BEST. Hope and pray Rondo grows up and see what he can do with this team until the deadline. If at that point Rondo still pulls his !@#$ then revisit all this trade talk. I'm not a Rondo lover by any means, I've just seen Rondo at his best and I'll bet on him every time before I bet on frigggin Vasquez and a weak lottery pick in possibly the weakest draft in awhile.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I wouldn't trade a healthy Rondo for Gervais and a lottery pick. Rondo is a freak,you don't find these kind of players growing on trees. If Rajon put his mind to it he could triple double every night,and score in the 20's with relative ease! However I do expect changes and i have a sneaky suspicion Doc's not coming back. Maybe they trade Doc for the #6 pick in the draft.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

I wouldn't trade a healthy Rondo for Gervais and a lottery pick. Rondo is a freak,you don't find these kind of players growing on trees. If Rajon put his mind to it he could triple double every night,and score in the 20's with relative ease! However I do expect changes and i have a sneaky suspicion Doc's not coming back. Maybe they trade Doc for the #6 pick in the draft.

doc and danny have made rondo into a real freak allright.  a team cancer.  one of the quickest guys in the league who will now neither run the ball nor penetrate- on the off chance he might draw a foul.

rondo can shoot devin durant to a standstill on all star weekend yet cannot (will not) take a steady diet of mid range J's so that teams "respect" his game and no longer collapse the lane.

rondo is a stinking nightmare.  7 years in the leauge and his game has gone nowhere.  it's never been okay to just try hard for the playoffs only.  that's rondo though! 

nobody else on the roster has gotten away with playing sloppy/lazy defense and not been benched.  but rondo has!  it's a big system of lies that NO REBUILDING TEAM can live through and NEITHER can a "one more run" team stand for rondo's pound the dots off the ball style of self preservation offense.  disgusting either way. 

good bye rajon, i hope.  he's a good enough player that he deserves coaches and mgt that will challenge him.  look at it that way.  not going to happen in BOS

Sections
Shortcuts