Rondo Trade Idea

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Rondo Trade Idea

BOS: Knight, Ridnour, Defino, Giannis, Udoh, Middleton, 2014 Bucks 1st, Asik

MIL: Rondo, Brooks, Wallace, Bass

HOU: Ilyasova

Bucks Line-up: more likely a playoff team (8th seed)

Rondo / Neal / Wolters

Mayo / Brooks

Butler / Wallace

Bass / Henson

Sanders / Pachulia

Celtics 2014 lineup: (Udoh, Ridnour, Humphries, Bogans expire)

Knight (2.8), Pressey (.5), Crawford, 2014 Bucks pick

Bradley, Delfino (3.3), Lee (5) 2014 Nets pick

Green (9), Giannis (2), 2014 Celtics pick

Sullinger (2), Olynyk(2), Middleton (.8)

Asik (15), Favarani (2)

Thats like a $45M payroll going into 2014, certainly enough to extend bradley and go after an RFA (*cough* hayward *cough*).  Our big man rotation is pretty solid. Danny surely loves the potential oozing out of Giannis. Middleton is decent and Knight could make a jump to become a solid shooting backup PG in the league. We dump Wallace and Bass salary, while turning Rondo into another potential lottery pick. Delfino & Udoh are hurt for the season so it helps the Bucks without helping the Celtics much. I don't like giving up Rondo, but a deal like this would certainly be enough for me.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ljsawrr

I had to use Sanders for Delfino in the machine because he was a FA, untradable before Dec 15

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: Rondo Trade Idea

In response to R9R's comment:

Rondo / Neal / Wolters

Mayo / Brooks

Butler / Wallace

Bass / Henson

Sanders / Pachulia

Asik (15), Favarani (2)

Thats like a $45M payroll going into 2014, certainly enough to extend bradley and go after an RFA (*cough* hayward *cough*).  Our big man rotation is pretty solid. Danny surely loves the potential oozing out of Giannis. Middleton is decent and Knight could make a jump to become a solid shooting backup PG in the league. We dump Wallace and Bass salary, while turning Rondo into another potential lottery pick. Delfino & Udoh are hurt for the season so it helps the Bucks without helping the Celtics much. I don't like giving up Rondo, but a deal like this would certainly be enough for me.

I had to use Sanders for Delfino in the machine because he was a FA, untradable before Dec 15

Well, I never thought I'd see the day when you got serious about ways for trading your namesake young fella. You have obviously moved past saying 'Rondo is a Celtic and he won't be traded.' to this. OK, it also apears that you have evoled from the emotional attachment, and so I will reciprocate and move past picking on you constantly and stick to talking about how BEST to capilaize on Rajon Rondo whether a Celtic or not. As for your trade idea, it sounds pretty attractive. Whether or not the NBA has restrictions for such a massive overhaul and transaction would be a big question. Even if the numbers match, would it too big of a deal to approve?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Rondo / Neal / Wolters

Mayo / Brooks

Butler / Wallace

Bass / Henson

Sanders / Pachulia

Asik (15), Favarani (2)

[/QUOTE]
    Well, I never thought I'd see the day when you got serious about ways for trading your namesake young fella. You have obviously moved past saying 'Rondo is a Celtic and he won't be traded.' to this. OK, it also apears that you have evoled from the emotional attachment, and so I will reciprocate and move past picking on you constantly and stick to talking about how BEST to capilaize on Rajon Rondo whether a Celtic or not. As for your trade idea, it sounds pretty attractive. Whether or not the NBA has restrictions for such a massive overhaul and transaction would be a big question. Even if the numbers match, would it too big of a deal to approve?

[/QUOTE]

Oh Rally...

The bias of your own perspective. I have never, ever said that Rondo would not be traded. I do not share that emotional attachment that supercedes reason. I've always thought, and still do, that the right path is to use this year to build around Rondo, but that doesn't mean there aren't alternative paths. Trading Rondo is a serious option, one that may make sense.

My thinking above is that at the current pace, the Celtics pick will be in the top10, hopefully top 5. The way the Nets have struggled so far make me hopeful that their pick could be as high as 20. Trading Rondo to the perenial "win"-now Bucks would help them sneak into that 8th seed which they are really struggling at right now (2-7) without giving up Sanders, Henson or Mayo. However, they still may slip. I think their pick could easily fall somewhere between 10-20. If we deal Rondo, we absolutely need to look for a replacement PG in this draft. Smart would be an excellent choice, but I'm not sold on using a top5 pick on him, yet. Hopefully we will be in a position to draft Jabari parker with our pick and potentially use the Bucks & Nets picks to move up into that 8-10 range and grab an elite PG.

Either way, we've seen some productivity out of Crawford & Pressey. They can be solid backup PGs. Knight could develop, thats a third option. My opion is that as solid as Rondo is, this league is getting very heavy in PGs, so I'd rather focus on attaining an elite SF who can compete with the Lebrons and Georges of the world. I think the 2014 team above is perfect. All young, good players. Nothing rotting. Noone who is clearly not part of the future. The only lingering veteran salary would be Delfino, Green and Lee. All three can be either movable or productive.

The question is, are the Bucks willing to give so much for Rondo. Thinking back over it, I may not include Middleton in the trade, that may be one piece too many for the Celtics.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There's no way the Bucks will give up a 2014 1st round pick, no way.

[/QUOTE]

+ 1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

There's no way the Bucks will give up a 2014 1st round pick, no way.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree. There is no way a rational GM & ownership would give up an almost certain lottery pick in this draft. However, this is the Milwakee Bucks.

The Bucks would trade that pick for a shot to be relevent and get into the playoffs (even at an 8th seed). I think Rondo, Mayo, Butler, Ilyasova/Henson and Sanders/Zaza could be enough in the weak east.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Another idea, I wonder if a bigger trade with Houston would be possible, something like this:

BOS: Asik, Beverly, 2014 1st

HOU: Rondo

or

HOU: Rondo, Bass, Crawford

BOS: Asik, Lin, Beverly, 2014 1st and the 2014 Thunder 1st

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

Just look at that Bucks team, they're pathetic!

Not even Rondo can make them an 8th seed.

[/QUOTE]

agree! they are too desperate. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

[QUOTE]

Rondo / Neal / Wolters

Mayo / Brooks

Butler / Wallace

Bass / Henson

Sanders / Pachulia

Asik (15), Favarani (2)

[/QUOTE]

I stopped reading when I saw Ilyasova to the Rockets.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[/QUOTE]

I stopped reading when I saw Ilyasova to the Rockets.

[/QUOTE]

Because ...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I wouldn't be surprised if Danny tries to trade Rondo but many teams won't consider trading for him until he is healthy and has played a few games this season.  Since we don't know when Rondo will be back he may not be traded this season.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJandHondo. Show KJandHondo's posts

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised if Danny tries to trade Rondo but many teams won't consider trading for him until he is healthy and has played a few games this season.  Since we don't know when Rondo will be back he may not be traded this season.  

[/QUOTE]

+1 Everyone on here is coming up with these giant trades with 1st rounders for Rondo when we have no idea when and what he will look like when he comes back. If it takes him to late December to come back he gets a little less then 2 months to play at an elite level to kinda justify these trades.  Rose got a year and a half to get back to 100% and he has looked very different from the player hes was pre-injury.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

This trade could never happen, too many moving parts.  Trades like this almost never do happen.  Having said that, it is actually pretty fair to all parties involved.  Assuming Milwaukee plays a little better, that is.  If they stayed in line for a top 3 pick, they would probably not go for it.

Sections
Shortcuts