Rondo Upset; Wants Josh Smith

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: Rondo Upset; Wants Josh Smith

27, we may see one or two of those picks or none. Thanks for not going into full blown panick mode and talk about being in the lottery for the next 3 years. DA knows the draft in general is a weel educated crapshoot and he would rather other teams roll the dice and then use picks to entice other teams to roll the dice tahn roll them himself. Even last year with our 2 picks he used our pick to take a guy that would've been a lottery pick but had some risk so he droppped down the second pick was gravy since we dumped a one trick prima donna that wanted way too much money and got a probable 20 pt 5 reb guy with a great attitude. If Melo never plays after his rookie contract that deal was steal. Kristic is back in Russia where he wanted to be and Perk played barely 20 minutes and put up 4 pts and 4rebs for 9 mil. the guy is freakin magician as a personel guy. Call me crazy but, not only are we not going to be in the lottery next year I'm guessing by the end of this coming season I wouldn't be suprised if we darkhorse contenders maybe even better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to Duke4's comment:

THE DUKE  ....I have to say that I do agree with one post I read a while back....the Lakers always seem to be able to rebuild on the fly...a year or two in "down mode" and then they are back...I wish we could see the same thing in Boston....alas, the young guys want major money, nice weather, and cities like Los Angeles (night life, hollywood, movie stars, the ocean and beaches) or South Beach.....Texas and Florida offer the additional incentives in that there are no state taxes (and, once again, it's all about the money)....Boston's basketball tradition is lost on these guys....as is it's long and storied part American history, it's culture, etc....

I also agree that the odds are very slim in rebuilding via the lottery overnight....smart drafting is the key (see San Antonio)....we have a slew of first round picks over the next five drafts...I'd love to see really competitive basketball as we rebuild....just my opinion...

DA picked up 4 1s for 3 men who all very likely could have easily left the Cs for NOTHING in return!!! Doc coulda gone to TV, PP optioned out, and KG retire because he was t playing unless at least one of the other 2 were back. AMAZING WHAT DA DID. FREE 1st round picks are nice, but they all mean guaranteed money to the player. DA is not looking to use those picks. Hes looking to trade them For quality athletes in the short term. Competative B-ball in a flash. Watch ....

I agree. DA seems to covet draft picks not for the draft but for using them to get players he knows can play in the league.

This is what Danny is doing using these picks to rebuild on the fly.  We will never see any of these picks in celtic's uniforms.  I think a huge move is coming,  perhaps at mid season when Rondo's trade value is up or the summer of next year at the latest.

Careful... knowing Rondos fragile ego and self importance.. if hes healthy he just may strike back at the Celtics, like he did when Perk was traded, and dog it big time next season... so DA has a real weak hand to negoptiate from.... whats he care, hes not in his contract year...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to Duke4's comment:

THE DUKE  ....I have to say that I do agree with one post I read a while back....the Lakers always seem to be able to rebuild on the fly...a year or two in "down mode" and then they are back...I wish we could see the same thing in Boston....alas, the young guys want major money, nice weather, and cities like Los Angeles (night life, hollywood, movie stars, the ocean and beaches) or South Beach.....Texas and Florida offer the additional incentives in that there are no state taxes (and, once again, it's all about the money)....Boston's basketball tradition is lost on these guys....as is it's long and storied part American history, it's culture, etc....

I also agree that the odds are very slim in rebuilding via the lottery overnight....smart drafting is the key (see San Antonio)....we have a slew of first round picks over the next five drafts...I'd love to see really competitive basketball as we rebuild....just my opinion...

DA picked up 4 1s for 3 men who all very likely could have easily left the Cs for NOTHING in return!!! Doc coulda gone to TV, PP optioned out, and KG retire because he was t playing unless at least one of the other 2 were back. AMAZING WHAT DA DID. FREE 1st round picks are nice, but they all mean guaranteed money to the player. DA is not looking to use those picks. Hes looking to trade them For quality athletes in the short term. Competative B-ball in a flash. Watch ....

I agree. DA seems to covet draft picks not for the draft but for using them to get players he knows can play in the league.

This is what Danny is doing using these picks to rebuild on the fly.  We will never see any of these picks in celtic's uniforms.  I think a huge move is coming,  perhaps at mid season when Rondo's trade value is up or the summer of next year at the latest.

Careful... knowing Rondos fragile ego and self importance.. if hes healthy he just may strike back at the Celtics, like he did when Perk was traded, and dog it big time next season... so DA has a real weak hand to negoptiate from.... whats he care, hes not in his contract year...

This is exactly why I think DA reasons that it is OK to get 75-cents on the dollar for a player with a bad rep and a healing ACL and trades Rajon THIS SUMMER. If he is allowed to play for the C's this year, I agree that HE alone could really damage us. Those who say "No way! He would only hurt his own value and payday!" are again giving this dude waaaaay too much credit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Rondo doesn't have that kind of leverage, he should be worrying about fitting in and playing better not making demands. 

He's likely to get shipped out of town once he is healthy anyhow. Ainge wants to lose and Rondo doesn't. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

POOR precious rajon!!!  could you imagine smith + rondo- the dynamic duo in the league that put together still doesn't shoot 100% free throws combined???  lololololllllolll

GREAT JOB unloading washed up chum so far, let's keep going and trade the head case after a good showcasing and a snow job that "we really care" what rajjy has to say.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Im hoping we get rid of the squirt  asap... If he returns, who knows what hes lost from the acl.... and who knows how low Rondo is willing to stoop to punish the C's... not to mention how he may try to impose his ego on our unknown new HC and teammates...

Its gonna be tough watching this kid have it his way again... what choice would we have... bench him so hes worth even less for trade bait??

Sections
Shortcuts