Rondo vindicated,and real reason for recent struggles come to light

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Rondo vindicated,and real reason for recent struggles come to light

Ray is 0-12 for 3 in the fourth in last 5 games. Tongiths game showed real reason for recent struggles. They aren't making shots,and are missing shots they have made all season until coming home,after the trade deadline.

Kristic is no longer effective and Garnett,Pierce and Allen are struggling shooting the ball.
    Rondo is getting them the ball,but they are missing their shots alot of the time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Rondo vindicated,and real reason for recent struggles come to light

Vindicated??  Says who?  He still can't shoot and never will, leads PGs in turnovers, is the worst free throw shooter perhaps in the history of NBA guards, is inconsistent, makes boneheaded plays at clock expiration, and does not have any leadership skills... He isn't vindicated. he's now forever exposed as a horribly incomplete player who rode on the coatails of other NBA allstars.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from olivern. Show olivern's posts

History repeating itself....

http://www.wildcatnation.net/forum/showthread.php?s=0e6626c9906f711f1ccc9cebe9cfd9dd&t=2740

Similar puzzlement on the 2006 Kentucky game threads w/respect to effort and consistency - then he plays a better half and all is well again...

I expect he will be more energized in the playoffs, especially when his pinky feels better Smile

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondo gets vindicated sitting on the bench "injured"? LOL!

Same vindication, I imagine, when Rondo  left TEAM USA.

When Rondo leaves, dark clouds begin to dissipate.

Using Rondo-logic, that then vindicates sunlight.

I get it.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

To say Rondo is vindicated for the recent struggles by the Celtics is to be blind.  Literally blind. Craziest comment I have read on this BB in the last few weeks.

Rondo's struggles recently are what has brought this team to its knees. 
    Starters are playing deep into games and draining themselves becoming fatigued. Rondo has been nowhere to be found on offense and playing with no energy. 
    Which for him is like saying he is playing with one hand. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I dont see this as vindication. Celtics won last night but it wouldnt matter what they did... the results of last nights game have nothing to do with how Rondo has been performing.

There is no way to vindicate his bad play lately..  thats akin to saying Rondo really hasnt been playing poorly.. if you believe that, I wonder what games you've been watching

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Kenny Anderson
    Chucky Atkins
    John Bagley
    Marcus Banks
    Dana Barros
    Chauncy Billips
    J.R. Bremer
    Dee Brown
    Sam Cassell
    Calbert Cheaney
    Bimbo Coles
    Chris Chorciani
    Ricky Davis
    Tony Delk
    Dan Dickau
    Sherman Douglas
    Tyus Edney
    Joseph Forte
    Marlon Garnett
    Rickey Green
    Michael Hawkins
    Chris Herren
    Mike James
    Greg Minor
    Doug OIverton
    Milt Palacio
    Gary Payton
    Kevin Pritchard
    Gabe Pruitt
    Brian Shaw
    Erick Strickland
    Sebastian Telfair
    Wayne Turner
    David Wesley
    Delonte West
    Shammond Williams

Take your pick. :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SavCeltic. Show SavCeltic's posts

No, not really vindicated!  I love Rondo, but he like the rest of the guys has been playing really crumby recently.  The problem is the overall offense.  The ball is "sticking" in one guys hands or on one side of the floor, and there is no movement.  I counted 12 possessions from last nights game where the first look at a shot came with under 6 seconds on the shot clock...and that is not due to Minnesota's defense.  I love how Pierce stepped up in the 4th last night, but when he starts the offense, he generally gets the shot and no-one else is involved.

The offense must start with Rondo pushing the ball up the floor to get an easy shot or at least get into the offense early in the clock...it doesn't always have to be a fast break.  Penetrate and dish or play inside-out and swing the ball to the other side of the floor.  If we get more than three passes, we will get a good shot.  That's what happened earlier in the year, but it has gone away.  Rondo is not the entire reason for the offensive woes, but he is a contributor and he is really the one who can break the slump if he controls the tempo of the game...and he, quite frankly, hasn't been doing that lately.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Rondo definitely has not been vindicated by being out last night as we continue to struggle.  He IS part of the problem.

First off, the Big 3 are not playing consistently.  These guys are having too many games where they score in the lower teens.  The Celtics will not be successful when two of them score in the 11-14 point range.  Pierce had to get hot and score 12 points in the 4th quarter just to total 23 points for the game.  Ray got to 11 points by making 2 FTs after an intentional foul with 12 seconds remaining.  And KG made two late jump shots (4 points) just to get his total of 13 points.  Honestly, that's totally unacceptable if the Celtics expect to win against the elite teams.

Who knows?  Maybe they are conserving their energy for the playoffs but it's been awhile since all 3 had a game with 20 points each.  When you look at what Miami's 3 Heatles did last night, now THAT'S impressive.  I'd settle for our Big 3 having a 20 points 6 rebounds night from each of them.

As for Rondo, lately, he's been underperforming too.  He walks the ball up the court and pounds the ball out front until the shot clock goes below 10.  That is when we get into our offense on far too many possessions.  That stagnates our offense too.  As the Big 3 are struggling, you'd "hope" your PG who can score, steps up his offensive game and provides some relief.  However that isn't happening either.

So the problem is in the Big 4 more than the bench not performing consistently.  Yes, the bench has been inconsistent and we have to get better with our defensive rotations but it's with the offense where we our not "gelling".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo vindicated,and real reason for recent struggles come to light:
    To say Rondo is vindicated for the recent struggles by the Celtics is to be blind.  Literally blind. Craziest comment I have read on this BB in the last few weeks. Rondo's struggles recently are what has brought this team to its knees.  Starters are playing deep into games and draining themselves becoming fatigued. Rondo has been nowhere to be found on offense and playing with no energy.  Which for him is like saying he is playing with one hand. 
    Posted by concord27

Why do people say literally when they want to emphasize a figurative point?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Jrleftfoot
    I meant literally.  To make a statement that Rondo has been vindicated by what was seen last night is to be blind to what is going on with the Celtics on the basketball floor.  Rondo has been the most significant part of the problem equal to the injuries. He went from the big advantage we had to huge liability right before our literal eyes.  If you read my posts I would hope you could see that I would know the difference.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Can someone explain how the team winning a game in which he does not play vindicates him? By the way Doc let's guys play injured, like Delonte with a bone chip for instance; it seems that Doc benched Rondo to help him clear out his head...hoping it somehow works.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I would have said the opposite about Rondo being vindicated.  The Celts started off moving the ball and playing defense and got up by over 20 points early in the game.  That's happened ONE TIME over the last month while Rondo was there.  Notice how well it moved without him?   

Rondo is NOT the only problem on this team.  The starters are playing inconsistent and uninspired ball and the bench is giving us nothing other than Green and BBD.  On top of that, We have no real center.   So, I'm not blaming it all on Rondo.  But, we can see that the team played better in the beginning without him.  And, at crunch time, did you see how West (with a bad foot!!) stayed in front of their point guard and made them take tough shots + no easy passes?  that's what we are asking of Rondo.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo vindicated,and real reason for recent struggles come to light:
    Can someone explain how the team winning a game in which he does not play vindicates him? By the way Doc let's guys play injured, like Delonte with a bone chip for instance; it seems that Doc benched Rondo to help him clear out his head...hoping it somehow works.
    Posted by futbal

I suspect that Doc has to play 20 questions with Rondo to find out what might be bothering him.

We find out after the fact that Rondo has re-injured his pinkie. The original injury went unnoticed/unreported. Then we have the PF and the ankle injuries that raise more questions than they answer.

With Delonte, he reports that he has a bone spur from a practice injury that will need surgery. In the meantime, Delonte says that he will take  injections and play with the pain. 20 Questions not necessary... and he gets to step up and play when needed.

Which player has cred and which one does not?

Which one is hustling and which one is moping around, making you scratch your head, searching for reasons for his poor play?

Which one knows his @ss from a hole in the ground?

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Kenny Anderson Chucky Atkins John Bagley Marcus Banks Dana Barros Chauncy Billips J.R. Bremer Dee Brown Sam Cassell Calbert Cheaney Bimbo Coles Chris Chorciani Ricky Davis Tony Delk Dan Dickau Sherman Douglas Tyus Edney Joseph Forte Marlon Garnett Rickey Green Michael Hawkins Chris Herren Mike James Greg Minor Doug OIverton Milt Palacio Gary Payton Kevin Pritchard Gabe Pruitt Brian Shaw Erick Strickland Sebastian Telfair Wayne Turner David Wesley Delonte West Shammond Williams Take your pick. :-)
    Posted by Number6Fan

Great list.... I pick the situation where over the last 20 years or so it really does not matter very much who the point guard is......

in the last 20 years the Lakers have won 6, the Bulls have won 6, and the Spurs have won 5... sprinkly in the Cs who carried Rondo to a final, the Heat where white chocolate was irrelvant, and the Pistions who were lead by 4 all-stars and you find that any number of point guards won rings where they could have been replaced by just about anyone else on the planet - only Parker and Billups are even what I would consider good point guards in the last 20 years...  the names that I do know from teams that won titles are Duncan, the Admiral, Hakeem, Michael, Scottie, Big Ben, 'sheed, Prince, Rodman, Shaq, Wade...... oh and some point guards..........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

In Response to Rondo vindicated,and real reason for recent struggles come to light:
    Ray is 0-12 for 3 in the fourth in last 5 games. Tongiths game showed real reason for recent struggles. They aren't making shots,and are missing shots they have made all season until coming home,after the trade deadline.  Kristic is no longer effective and Garnett,Pierce and Allen are struggling shooting the ball. Rondo is getting them the ball,but they are missing their shots alot of the time.
    Posted by notrade

This only shows how much Rondo depends on the Big 3.  It also shows how one-dimensional a player that Rondo is. It also hard to shoot when everytime the Big 3 touches the ball for more then a few seconds they are doubled by Rondo's man...and Rondo can do nothing to make them pay for double off him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

who cares what the reason is we need to fix this NOW

Sections
Shortcuts