Rondo vs DW

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Rondo vs DW

DW 12pts 1 stl 8 asst
    RR  14      5     13

Lets hear about how Rondo just cant measure up with the top tier guards???
    He outplayed DW the whole game...period. DW could not break the press.
    and looked flustered much of the time..Is not the creator, rebounder, or defensive pest that Rondo is. Better shooter, ill give him that....At this point you just don't trade RR
    unless there is DH to be had...or someone close to it..Even Cousy ses you just dont find point guards like that anymore...I think he knows a little about the subject..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Rondo vs DW

DW is a top tier PG playing on a Gawd awful team. AS selection BTW... not a replacement.

Could have something to do with it.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Of course he can measure up. Now he needs to do it in close games in the 4th quarter. Anyone who thinks he's not capable is not being objective. But, we need Rondo to keep up the pressure in those tough games. I think he's up to it and we're about to see a better effort by everyone including Rondo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

The same might be said of rondo..but i think the celts are actually one or two players away from making noise in the playoffs...Bradley,Rondo, Petrieus, Kg,are defensive hounds that will keep us in most games..We need depth at Center and a scorer coming off the bench to compete with the elites..the transition to a young, running, defensive pressure team is already showing signs of success...call me crazy

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

DWill is playing on an awful team.  Give him the options that Rondo has and he will be the top PG in the league.  Having said that, one of the traits of Rondo that we don't notice is his ability to step up for challenge.  He is moody, etc. and does not get up consistently for reguler season games.  Perhaps I have heard something like that before (Dennis Johnson).  But Rondo has dominated his share of playoff games.  And DJ had his fair share of success with the Celts.  He was a very respected player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo vs DW:
    [QUOTE]DW is a top tier PG playing on a Gawd awful team. AS selection BTW... not a replacement. Could have something to do with it. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

the excuses never stop. if Rondo loses a matchup, its "rondo cant keep up with the best." when he beats a matchup its quickly "well, he is on a horrible team, how do you expect him to play well?" but u said it urself, he was an all star..so that excuse goes out the door.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

D williams was KILLING rondo in the 1st qtr..it was bad. then rondo stepped up to the challenge and dominated the rest of the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Swap Rondo for DW straight up and the Cs are very, very competitive this year.

DW will be a very highly pursued (20+mil long term contract) FA that most teams would die to sign after this season. DH would luv to play with him.

Poor Rondo... nobody seems to want him... including DA. When R9R finally tests the FA market, he will make a fraction of DW.

Maybe the market knows something.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Boston needs to keep Rondo, the guy's a legend!

Laughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Boston needs to keep Rondo, the guy's a legend!
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

And you are a clown!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

One game has no statistical relevance. I have seen Jose Calderon make Rondo look like a girl on the court in ONE game. Anyone in their right mind would take DW over Rondo in a blink. Unforetuneately NJ would laugh at the idea of trading down. DW PPG - 21.7 Rondo - 14.2 DW FT - 85% Rondo - 59% DW 3PT - 36% Rondo - 23 Assists, Steals and TO numbers are very similiar.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

It's crickets....

If DWill would have outplayed Rondo there would have been all kinds of posts about it.  Since Rondo outplayed DWill, the haters are silent.  Can't even acknowledge the fact.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

I'd like to know how many here, if we were offered the option, would NOT trade Rondo for DWill.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

DWill all day and any day over The Brick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Got the dooshy Elven32 on perma ignore. This one is so bad the mods might even knock him out, let's hope so. 

Meantime, D Will is better than Rondo, period. 

Rondo did outplay him last night, doesn't matter, we all know that, it's not a one game sample. 

This is a key point in Rondo's career. His scoring/shooting is improving, free throw shooting a bit, but he's struggling with consistency and attitude. 

I'm going to hold off on a full assessment till I see some more weeks of play out of him. 

Having said that it is awful quiet in these parts when Rondo turns in a good game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]One game has no statistical relevance. I have seen Jose Calderon make Rondo look like a girl on the court in ONE game. Anyone in their right mind would take DW over Rondo in a blink. Unforetuneately NJ would laugh at the idea of trading down. DW PPG - 21.7 Rondo - 14.2 DW FT - 85% Rondo - 59% DW 3PT - 36% Rondo - 23 Assists, Steals and TO numbers are very similiar.
    Posted by elDunker2[/QUOTE]

if your really trying to post whos better, why not also post what Rondo does better? 

APG - Rondo 9.8, Williams 8.3
    RBG - Rondo 4.9, Williams 3.4
    TPG - Rondo 3.7, Williams 4.2
    FG% -Rondo 48%, Williams 41%

btw, i think D Williams is the better player, i just dont like when ppl hide stats to influence ppl in their favor.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]I'd like to know how many here, if we were offered the option, would NOT trade Rondo for DWill.
    Posted by docomospur[/QUOTE]

Billy King (Nets GM who is begging DW to resign) would no doubt  refuse Rondo w/secure contract ... for a 3 months DW loaner.

Rondo w/Nets would give Charlotte and NO a run for their $$$ for worst record in NBA and no chance of getting DH.

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo vs DW : Billy King (Nets GM who is begging DW to resign) would no doubt  refuse Rondo w/secure contract ... for a 3 months DW loaner. Rondo w/Nets would give Charlotte and NO a run for their $$$ for worst record in NBA and no chance of getting DH. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Rondo's that bad huh?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

I’m laughin’ at ya.

Rondo is the real Elvis.

DWill, slow CP3, and hotdogging Westbrook, are just Vegas impersonators.

Rondo can’t shoot?

Right… and Ted couldn’t hit the other way.

Did you ever see Richie (call me Dick) Allen fall on his face whiffing on a fastball, down and in? He did that because that was the pitch he wanted when it counted. Innings later, with men on base, it was… touch ‘em all.

He foxed them.

Now I’m going to tell you a secret.

Rondo can make that shot anytime he wants. Why should he… against the Nets, who we can beat, drunk or sober? No. He wants it when it counts.

We may get Miami in the first round. They will be confident. Does Rondo want to drive and get his nose broken like the foolish Kobe? He has had that experience already when dirty Wade broke his elbow.

No. He will be like Paul Pierce at the smorgasbord, getting all he can eat and safely from afar. He is foxing them. You will see.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Rondo vs DW:
    [QUOTE]DW 12pts 1 stl 8 asst RR  14      5     13 Lets hear about how Rondo just cant measure up with the top tier guards??? He outplayed DW the whole game...period. DW could not break the press. and looked flustered much of the time..Is not the creator, rebounder, or defensive pest that Rondo is. Better shooter, ill give him that....At this point you just don't trade RR unless there is DH to be had...or someone close to it..Even Cousy ses you just dont find point guards like that anymore...I think he knows a little about the subject..
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

+ 1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

In response to "Re: Rondo vs DW": [QUOTE]I’m laughin’ at ya. Rondo is the real Elvis. DWill, slow CP3, and hotdogging Westbrook, are just Vegas impersonators. Rondo can’t shoot? Right… and Ted couldn’t hit the other way. Did you ever see Richie (call me Dick) Allen fall on his face whiffing on a fastball, down and in? He did that because that was the pitch he wanted when it counted. Innings later, with men on base, it was… touch ‘em all. He foxed them. Now I’m going to tell you a secret. Rondo can make that shot anytime he wants. Why should he… against the Nets, who we can beat, drunk or sober? No. He wants it when it counts. We may get Miami in the first round. They will be confident. Does Rondo want to drive and get his nose broken like the foolish Kobe? He has had that experience already when dirty Wade broke his elbow. No. He will be like Paul Pierce at the smorgasbord, getting all he can eat and safely from afar. He is foxing them. You will see. Posted by MrJohnnyMost[/QUOTE] Lol. Ohh, I didn't realize that Rondo could have made those outside shots whenever he wanted over the past several yers. He just intentionally missed those thousands of shots to set Miami up for the playoffs this year..!!! Unforetuneately Rondo could shoot lights out but without any bigs, we go down anyway. Hey did I ever tell you about this gretat Nigerian bank investment?...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Hey did I ever tell you about this gretat Nigerian bank investment?...
    Posted by elDunker2[/QUOTE]

How did you know?

I got that E-Mail.

I'm in the dough for sure!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I believe Rondo is gaining confidense as each game passes. He used to flake out when he missed a couple. Now i see him continue to shoot through the rough patches. He is understanding the game a little more. Just like he understands that trade rumors are part of the game. Its a sign of maturity. Time will tell of course. Those that can't admit that his game has evolved and progressed over time just refuse to see the obvious.  
    Room for improvement? Yep....that's what's scary..a very high ceiling...Did'nt Lebrains pass out a game winner the other night???

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss

Sections
Shortcuts