Rondo vs DW

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Rondo vs DW

Of course, still lots of rough patches to go..he's had to defer to the big3 for some time,.mind you..Rome was'nt ....well you know...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/3/3/2843083/rondo-getting-support-from-all-around

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo vs DW:
    Yesssssssssssssssssssssss
    Posted by Ortiz123

Ortiz, choose your words wisely when you're talking to Fierce, he's got an infallible memory!Laughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I'm sure that C's management loves The Cooz meddling in their affairs.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to "Re: Rondo vs DW":
    DWill is playing on an awful team.  Give him the options that Rondo has and he will be the top PG in the league.  Having said that, one of the traits of Rondo that we don't notice is his ability to step up for challenge.  He is moody, etc. and does not get up consistently for reguler season games.  Perhaps I have heard something like that before (Dennis Johnson).  But Rondo has dominated his share of playoff games.  And DJ had his fair share of success with the Celts.  He was a very respected player. Posted by prakash
    You may not know that Larry said he was his best teammate ever and Magic said he was the best backcourt defender he ever faced. DJ was a finals MVP with the Sonics when he was Rondo's age. Rondo does not belong in the conversation with DJ just yet, and he is not trending like he ever will.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

DJ was big.

And always one of the toughest guys on the court. People did not knock him down. Add ML Carr and the C's were a nasty bunch that you didn't mess with.

This team, as yet, doesn't have that mean streak. They don't protect their little guy. When he hits the deck... one of their's should also.

Pietrus was a step in the right direction.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

DJ was big. And always one of the toughest guys on the court. People did not knock him down. Add ML Carr and the C's were a nasty bunch that you didn't mess with. This team, as yet, doesn't have that mean streak. They don't protect their little guy. When he hits the deck... one of their's should also. Pietrus was a step in the right direction.
    Posted by MrJohnnyMost

I have noticed that RR isn't driving to the hoop as dangerously as he has been in the past..He just sort of uses more intelligence and picks his spots. Called playing smarter!

NBA success is a team effort and the "C's" never have been in the superstar camp too much. Rondo does have some spectacular days/nights and fits in well with the newer faster players as well as the big 3. I trust Cousy and  wouldn't fire a near upper tier player like Rondo, at least at this point.(npi)

I appreciate your suggestion.."pay back" was and is one good way to keep your opponent under control but as with the NHL it takes a lot away from the players skills and the fan enjoyment, at least for me. You want to see blood and broken bones?  watch the cage.

Best! Gary

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo vs DW : Rondo's first test will come against Lin and the Knicks tomorrow. If what you say is true, that Rondo is maturing, then it's a Celts win tomorrow, right?
    Posted by Fiercest34

Actually, he's had several tests already and passed.  playing against DWill was a bigger test than playing against Lin so I wouldn't say win win just because Rondo plays well or plays poorly.  Too much depends on everyone else's play, as well.  The two biggest keys will be Celtics rebounds and turnovers.  The third biggest factor will be the play of Paul Pierce on offense.  Rondo's play is but the 4th factor (although he could be a part of the turnover issue I mentioned).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Rondo is not really the problem.  The problem is we are too old.  And while they all may be saying the right things, I think they will move him if the right deal comes along.........he is our most "valuable" asset due to his age.  Some contracts, like Ray's, are more tradeable at this point.  But..........a trade of Rondo could help us NOW and in the future, while a trade of Ray will surely only help us in the future.

I think this season ended for us when Jeff Green went down.  With him, no way we lose the first 3 games (maybe one or two, but not 3).  And he would have been Rondo's running mate in the open floor.  I think he would be averaging double figures, and off the bench, that is exactly what we need.

We might also point to the failed attempt to get David West.......I hope he realizes now the mistake he made.....THIS team, without JON and WITH West and Green would be at worst a 3 seed in the East.

Not Rondo's fault, not Danny's fault....but time to move on, and let's see what he can do before March 15!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo vs DW : if your really trying to post whos better, why not also post what Rondo does better?  APG - Rondo 9.8, Williams 8.3 RBG - Rondo 4.9, Williams 3.4 TPG - Rondo 3.7, Williams 4.2 FG% -Rondo 48%, Williams 41% btw, i think D Williams is the better player, i just dont like when ppl hide stats to influence ppl in their favor. Posted by JamezHill24
    As i made clear, i did not include your addl. Statistics above because there is not a big statistical difference on these stats, except fot maybe rebounds...which is the least important for a PG. and take away Rondo's proponderence of layups and his FG percentage is also comparatively poor. DW crushes Rondo in PPG, FT% and 3PT%. so take it all in consideration and DW is clearly the better PG.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo vs DW : Rondo's first test will come against Lin and the Knicks tomorrow. If what you say is true, that Rondo is maturing, then it's a Celts win tomorrow, right? Posted by Fiercest34
    First test for Rondo? What are you talking about? Rondo is what he is and we have seen the same Rondo for years. Lin is virtually an unexperienced rookie. Its a test for Lin perhaps.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

DJ was big. And always one of the toughest guys on the court. People did not knock him down. Add ML Carr and the C's were a nasty bunch that you didn't mess with. This team, as yet, doesn't have that mean streak. They don't protect their little guy. When he hits the deck... one of their's should also. Pietrus was a step in the right direction. Posted by MrJohnnyMost
    Right on! This team must be agressive, hungry and mean to win against top tier teams.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

<<<<<<<<DW can't do this to DH like RR can!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In response to "Re: Rondo vs DW": As i made clear, i did not include your addl. Statistics above because there is not a big statistical difference on these stats, except fot maybe rebounds...which is the least important for a PG. and take away Rondo's proponderence of layups and his FG percentage is also comparatively poor. DW crushes Rondo in PPG, FT% and 3PT%. so take it all in consideration and DW is clearly the better PG.
    Posted by elDunker2

Clearly better? No. He shoots more and plays no defense whatsoever. Rondo gambles and is still top 5 at PG defense. D-Will is lucky to crack top 15 at PG defense. He's marginally better than Rondo if at all and loses his PG matchup against opposing players far more than Rondo. He's also bigger than Rondo and is worse rebounder because he is soft. If you talking contracts too next year if Deron gets max he's note even close to the value of Rondo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

Don't forget passion for the game and competitiveness. Rondo is one of the "fiercest" competitors in the NBA. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo vs DW : Rondo's first test will come against Lin and the Knicks tomorrow. If what you say is true, that Rondo is maturing, then it's a Celts win tomorrow, right?
    Posted by Fiercest34

Actually it will be a first test for Fierce (aka... I'm only the messenger!) since he stopped  pounding R9R to death.

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo vs DW : Actually, he's had several tests already and passed.  playing against DWill was a bigger test than playing against Lin so I wouldn't say win win just because Rondo plays well or plays poorly.  Too much depends on everyone else's play, as well.  The two biggest keys will be Celtics rebounds and turnovers.  The third biggest factor will be the play of Paul Pierce on offense.  Rondo's play is but the 4th factor (although he could be a part of the turnover issue I mentioned).
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

A voice of reason,...If it was only up to Rondo to play well, and expect an automatic win,,then i think people are just searching for things to debate.

So if Rondo does play well, and celts loose, then Rondo is somehow at fault??
    I don't get the reasoning...but lets see what happens. Of course Rondo has to make up for the lack of a Center...a bit much don't you think...
    If knicks lose, is that Lin's fault? Was it DW's fault the Nets lost???
    I heard it was because he is on a lousy team. Go figure

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo vs DW : Ortiz, choose your words wisely when you're talking to Fierce, he's got an infallible memory!
    Posted by Fields4

I will always root for a Celts win.. but everyone has to play well for that to happen. To say that only Rondo must play well,to  guarantee a win, well thats something else...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

Boston isn't a lousy team, they are a Pau Gasol away from being Champs... Just ask Fiercest34.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Boston isn't a lousy team, they are a Pau Gasol away from being Champs... Just ask Fiercest34.
    Posted by cantstopme

Nope. He told me Kaman and Jennings would improve their defense and shooting and put them over the top like all inefficient scorers and poor defensive players do. I have to admit Jennings career best 40% shooting is impressive this year !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

Hey if Fiercest34 said it, i believe it! He has more posts recorded on BDC than everyone combined. I'm convinced he is DA, and i trust his opinions, no matter how nutty and irrational they may seem on the surface... 

I mean c'mon, the kid predicted JO would get injured during this season, he is a Celtic Messiah!!! 

In Fiercest34 We Trust!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo vs DW : You're a facking liar. I never said Kaman and Jennings would improve the Celtic defense. Show us the post where I said Kaman and Jennings would improve the Celtic defense.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Nope your a blatant liar. You kept claiming team defense blah blah blah. Save your breathe while claiming inefficeint scorers who shoot low percentages would help their shooting. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Posted by Fiercest34

What grade would you give him????

Sections
Shortcuts