RONDO VS LEBRON

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

RONDO VS LEBRON

They both have 6 TRIPLE DOUBLES in their playoff histories, one thing that rondo has done it with 16 less games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: RONDO VS LEBRON

In Response to RONDO VS LEBRON:
    They both have 6 TRIPLE DOUBLES in their playoff histories, one thing that rondo has done it with 16 less games.
    Posted by ojmega

LeBron has never played with 4 hall of famers..... stop the nonsense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to RONDO VS LEBRON:
    Posted by ojmega

p.s. CP3 has had a couple in the last week when he was missing his team's second best player........... please stop with the ball washing.......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

In Response to Re: RONDO VS LEBRON:
    In Response to RONDO VS LEBRON : LeBron has never played with 4 hall of famers..... stop the nonsense.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

ALWAYS some kind of excuse you know that JOHN PAXSON, BJ ARMSTRONG Played with 3 hall of famers and never did it once. Tony Parker has great players around him never had a triple double in a playoff game. Derek Fisher played with a great squad where kobe and shaq was and never had a triple double so stop drinking the haterade

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: RONDO VS LEBRON : ALWAYS some kind of excuse you know that JOHN PAXSON, BJ ARMSTRONG Played with 3 hall of famers and never did it once. Tony Parker has great players around him never had a triple double in a playoff game. Derek Fisher played with a great squad where kobe and shaq was and never had a triple double so stop drinking the haterade
    Posted by ojmega

don't engage, just ignore, you are talking to a racist, a hateful lonely man who comes here to attack, hurt and fight..

oh and he's not a celtic fan

As for Rondo... if he avg's more combined pts/ast/reb than LBJ... we win the series in 6...

Of course that prob won't happen... it'd mean we'd need say a 19p-14a-8r from Rondo compared to a 26p-8r-6a LBJ...

but if you told me rondo would have 2 trip-dub's to James 1 this series it'd be good to know

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

In Response to Re: RONDO VS LEBRON : ALWAYS some kind of excuse you know that JOHN PAXSON, BJ ARMSTRONG Played with 3 hall of famers and never did it once. Tony Parker has great players around him never had a triple double in a playoff game. Derek Fisher played with a great squad where kobe and shaq was and never had a triple double so stop drinking the haterade
    Posted by ojmega

LOL well stated...   and listen to the sweet sound of Dud silence.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I would never compare the 2, but to get 10+ rebounds at 6 foot is pretty damn hard regardless of the 4 HOF's. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In must situation the prince is much better, for the entire game it just depends on the game and the point guard that Rondo is matched up against.   One is a thief and the other is a thug that can take what he wants. poor subject

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Dudder, it must be boring on the Bulls blogging sight huh?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to RONDO VS LEBRON : LeBron has never played with 4 hall of famers..... stop the nonsense.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

so what does 4 hall of famers have to do with his triple doubles? are you kidding me? the hall of famers arent putting the ball in the basket. and the hall of famers arent grabbing the rebounds. granted they are helping on the assists, but Rondo can get assists off of neone from ray allen, to big baby, to delonte west. enough of the bashing. you HATE this guy!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to RONDO VS LEBRON : p.s. CP3 has had a couple in the last week when he was missing his team's second best player........... please stop with the ball washing.......
    Posted by TheDUDDER

p.s cp3 had ONE this week. please stop with the ball washing......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Posted by ojmega

Yip, don't expect logic to persuade the dudder though. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Posted by TheDUDDER

neither has Rondo. Rondo has played with 3 in the playoffs past their primes, but still very effective. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

We are more of a team as well...

I can see:

Rondo and West getting 20 points combined to Bibby/Chalmers 12

Ray/Paul/Green getting 50 to LeBron/Wade/Jones 60

KG 16 to Bosh's 18

JON/Baby/Krstic 14 to Anthony/Z/Juwan's 10

That is 102 all

Shaq and Mike Miller are the wildcards for each team.

If  either steps up to avg 12-14 mins w/ 6-7 points it would push their club over the top.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from champton37. Show champton37's posts

Jamezhill is right rondo is killing the playoffs i think cp3 took note and now is showing off as well
    But as far as triple doubles are concerned rondo is raw

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

We are more of a team as well... I can see: Rondo and West getting 20 points combined to Bibby/Chalmers 12 Ray/Paul/Green getting 50 to LeBron/Wade/Jones 60 KG 16 to Bosh's 18 JON/Baby/Krstic 14 to Anthony/Z/Juwan's 10 That is 102 all Shaq and Mike Miller are the wildcards for each team. If  either steps up to avg 12-14 mins w/ 6-7 points it would push their club over the top.
    Posted by rameakap

I reckon we hold more of an edge inside. I see KG shutting bosh down and being more aggressive on offense, outscoring him for the series. I also think baby bounces back from this poor knicks series to average 10-12 points. shaq could decimate miami's weak front line if he plays. I hope JO keeps up his strong play.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: RONDO VS LEBRON : I reckon we hold more of an edge inside. I see KG shutting bosh down and being more aggressive on offense, outscoring him for the series. I also think baby bounces back from this poor knicks series to average 10-12 points. shaq could decimate miami's weak front line if he plays. I hope JO keeps up his strong play.
    Posted by teh-n00b

Yes that could all come true, on your points:

1. Look to the PER battle KG vs. Bosh... not exactly just outscoring him. I am hoping Bosh gets his 18 w/ a PER of 17 (he was at 19.4 reg season) and KG gets his 16 w/ a PER of 21.5 (He was at 20.6 reg season).

I think KG can bring almost the same D he did in '08. but if he does... he is too old to also go off for 20 every game. maybe 1-2x a series he gives us 20+. but holding Bosh to 18p-8r-1b while getting 16p-11r-2b would be incredible.

2. Is it health w/ Baby? If he is healthier than vs. NY b/c of the week off I can see it. but he matches up w/ Joel Anthony and thats about it. Anthony is a Turiaf type. Turiaf outplayed Baby.

So I am worried there. If Baby has his energy and a couple games where he gives us his brush off the contact, 2-3 power layups, 1-2 jumpers, 3-4 from the line spittle flying everywhere screaming to the sky performances it could be THE diff.

I am just hoping/expecting he avg's 7p 4r in 20-22 mins compared to Anthony's 3p 5r in 27-29.

3. The Nov-Jan Shaq could tear them up in the paint. He will be way off w/ his timing the first few games tho. We can't expect that shaq till maybe the finals (knock on wood). I'm pretty sure we won't get that Shaq, 16 mins, 9 points, 5 reb's. I just hope beyond hope for 11 mins, 6 points, 3 reb's.

4. JON has been (thru 4 playoff games) an exact wash w/ what Perk brought in like 60 playoff games here. Be nice to get Shaq back and just ask JO to keep up the 25 min, 6 point, 4 rebound 3 block pace. No Shaq, we'll have to push him to 31-33 mins w/ 1 more bucket and double the boards.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

In Response to Re: RONDO VS LEBRON : Yes that could all come true, on your points: 1. Look to the PER battle KG vs. Bosh... not exactly just outscoring him. I am hoping Bosh gets his 18 w/ a PER of 17 (he was at 19.4 reg season) and KG gets his 16 w/ a PER of 21.5 (He was at 20.6 reg season). I think KG can bring almost the same D he did in '08. but if he does... he is too old to also go off for 20 every game. maybe 1-2x a series he gives us 20+. but holding Bosh to 18p-8r-1b while getting 16p-11r-2b would be incredible. 2. Is it health w/ Baby? If he is healthier than vs. NY b/c of the week off I can see it. but he matches up w/ Joel Anthony and thats about it. Anthony is a Turiaf type. Turiaf outplayed Baby. So I am worried there. If Baby has his energy and a couple games where he gives us his brush off the contact, 2-3 power layups, 1-2 jumpers, 3-4 from the line spittle flying everywhere screaming to the sky performances it could be THE diff. I am just hoping/expecting he avg's 7p 4r in 20-22 mins compared to Anthony's 3p 5r in 27-29. 3. The Nov-Jan Shaq could tear them up in the paint. He will be way off w/ his timing the first few games tho. We can't expect that shaq till maybe the finals (knock on wood). I'm pretty sure we won't get that Shaq, 16 mins, 9 points, 5 reb's. I just hope beyond hope for 11 mins, 6 points, 3 reb's. 4. JON has been (thru 4 playoff games) an exact wash w/ what Perk brought in like 60 playoff games here. Be nice to get Shaq back and just ask JO to keep up the 25 min, 6 point, 4 rebound 3 block pace. No Shaq, we'll have to push him to 31-33 mins w/ 1 more bucket and double the boards.
    Posted by rameakap

essentially, I don't disagree with you on any of these points: I'm just more of an optimist whereas you're clearly a realist.

KG is playing much better and is healthier than a year ago, when in the corresponding series he abused another soft power forward in jamison, scoring at least 18 points in every game, while holding jamison to 7,16,20,14,9 and 5.

I'm not sure what's up with baby either, but he's generally played very well against the heat this season.

you're right about shaq: if he plays, he won't be himself at first. but he's not essential to winning the series, more of an added bonus.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Cant agree that Rondos triple doubles are discounted because he plays with 4 HOFers.

Obviously he only plays with 3... Shaq is a HOF'r but clearly has played so little this season and wasnt on the team the other years ROndo had his 3x2's

Also, if Rondo played with a lousy team, maybe his stats would be even more impressive, like PP's were in the lean years.

THe implication was since Rondo plays with these HOFers, it makes his 3x2's easier to come by. But, with 3 HOFers, shouldnt they be gobbling up most of the rebs, pts & assists (maybe not assists in this case)????

If PP was playing with MJ & Kobe, could he still avg 24-25 ppg or w/e it was pre Big3? 

Sorry, Rondo is a good assist man when hes playing right. Causes switches and opens up players and can deliver the ball right too.

Getting 10 boards for a shrimp PG is pretty darn good as well.

Rondo is an aggravating player for many reasons but I cant see diluting his triple-double accomplishments.

btw, triple double has become a standard of excellence for many people..just that I dont buy into that notion.  A 10-10-10 line may or may not be a great feat depending on who the player is and the impact it had on the game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

Posted by TheDUDDER

And LeBron has a me first attitude when he has the ball and Rondo has a team first attitude. Clearly Rondo will pass LeBron in playoff triple doubles if they keep getting to the playoffs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: RONDO VS LEBRON : so what does 4 hall of famers have to do with his triple doubles? are you kidding me? the hall of famers arent putting the ball in the basket. and the hall of famers arent grabbing the rebounds. granted they are helping on the assists, but Rondo can get assists off of neone from ray allen, to big baby, to delonte west. enough of the bashing. you HATE this guy!

You get assists when hall of famers put the ball in the basket, so yes that is how you get a triple double, 5 layups and 8 missed jumpers gets you 10 points, and then you get 10 rebounds.
    Posted by JamezHill24

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

My discussion was taken to the wrong place. Of course on a 1 on 1. There is no chance that Rondo would win. What I am saying is that he is more oriented to be a team player. Lebron gets a triple double is because the assists come last. We know he will get his pts/rebs. He only passes when he is in a bind not because he wants to. He has come in to Miami and took the main thing WADE did take over and be clutch in the last minutes of the game. Wade goes cold really cant. Lebron tries he doesnt get it done. They should let bosh take the last shot truly. I am a celtic fan but i am realistic he has a better J than the other 2. I hope they realize that after losing to the celts. They dont worry me in close games they CHOKE. Rondo is a facilitator first not because he has no where to go.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tekaronhiakha. Show tekaronhiakha's posts

In the last 3 seasons Rondo has 6 to Brons 3

Sections
Shortcuts