1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Rondo was a minus 4 tonight.....

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JamezHill24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jamez is incapable of even the slightest criticism of R9R.

R9R bumps the ref in the PO's last season, gets suspended.... and all Jamez could bring himself to say after much prodding and soul-searching.... was that the situation was "not optimal."

PERIOD!

There is a lot of dissatisfaction here at BDC and at other Celtic websites with Rondo. And it is building.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

dont remember using the word "optimal" there, but okay. I am aware of Rondo's weaknesses, defensively and offensively. But i think his good GREATLY OUTWEIGHS his bad. The same reason why i wont criticize Dwight Howard on a daily basis just bc he is bad at shooting free throws.

[/QUOTE]

You just hurt your case! Howards poor free throw shooting costs his team games and will continue to cost them games, are you putting Rondo in that category?

[/QUOTE]

ur telling me that you dont want Dwight Howard on your team bc he cant shoot free throws?? Tell me that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

R9R bumps the ref in the PO's last season, gets suspended.... and all Jamez could bring himself to say after much prodding and soul-searching.... was that the situation was "not optimal."

PERIOD!

There is a lot of dissatisfaction here at BDC and at other Celtic websites with Rondo. And it is building.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

dont remember using the word "optimal" there, but okay. I am aware of Rondo's weaknesses, defensively and offensively. But i think his good GREATLY OUTWEIGHS his bad. The same reason why i wont criticize Dwight Howard on a daily basis just bc he is bad at shooting free throws.

[/QUOTE]

You just hurt your case! Howards poor free throw shooting costs his team games and will continue to cost them games, are you putting Rondo in that category?

[/QUOTE]

He didnt hurt his case.  he basically said that Howard, like rondo, has strengths that very few players have, and also has glaring weaknesses.

[/QUOTE]

exactly. Thank you sir.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Also, Rondo is the best player on the team, period. Its obvious. so that means every other player on the team is worse than him. (im eliminating kg from this, bc hes priceless) So, where are your criticisms of all the other players on the team? If ur criticizing the top player on the team so harshly than you MUST have problems with the weaker players. Where are the posts? nowhere, bc you are a blatant Rondo HATER. just admit it, Pud has.

[/QUOTE]

Im not so critical of the other players because, generally speaking, they arent getting accolades heaped upon them as great defensive players and leaders like Rondo mysteriously receives..

Also, Im not so critical of KG getting blown by on drives or PP losing a step and fumbling the ball so much more often for one reason and one reason only.... because they are giving it their all.... Im more vocal about Rondo because I believe his shortcomings are brought on by LACK OF EFFORT, selfishness and a poor attitude.

[/QUOTE]

in that case, criticize the people who heap the praises and accolades, not the player. it doesnt make sense to hate on a player just bc someone says they are great.

thats a cop out. ive seen plenty, PLENTY of times where Paul lets someone drive past him bc PP was being lazy, or failing to come help in the lane. KG will always give us everything he has, ill agree, but as for the rest of the players, its ridiculous to suggest everyone else is giving 100% except for Rondo.

[/QUOTE]

Well you made me have to chime in,  NO ONE lets anyone drive past them more than Rondo including Pierce.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

PERIOD!

Pud

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ur telling me that you dont want Dwight Howard on your team bc he cant shoot free throws?? Tell me that.

[/QUOTE] Howard may work for the Celtics, because when it came time to foul, the other team wouldn't know which one to foul, Howard or Rondo!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

jru holliday is one of the best young pgs in the league and got outplayed by rondo. holliday shot 7-18 from the floor and had 15 points and 4 assists. he averages 18 and 9. 

every single top flight pg in the nba gets by their defender multiple times a game. every single one. if you don't know that you don't know nba basketball. no one STOPS derek rose, rondo, steve nash, chris paul, deron williams, russell westbrook. for that matter no one STOPS ty lawson, kyle lowrey, rubio, jennings, irving, parker, or holliday. they penetrate, they get to the basket. each and every one of them, multiple times throughout the game, no matter who they are playing against. they do it aginst one another; they do it against inferior pgs. get it? teams do their best to devise schemes to stop players like this. it's like shut down corners in the nfl - they virtually don't exist anymore. you can't hand check anymore, the rules (like with nfl receivers) favor the guy with the ball so there is not one on one stopping of pgs. it doesn't exist. 

rondo could probably do a little better job getting in front of his man to stop penetration some of the time, but we are not privy to scheme and cannot tell what is being asked of him. clearly, he has almost no protection behind him, particularly when garnett is out of the game, and that backline defense is a must for perimeter defenders. some of these issues are likely atrributable to lack of rotation. with that said, rondo is an excllent team defender. 

tonight rajon rondo had 5 turnovers, including a couple that led to fast break baskets. it is clear he has gotten a little careless at times and maybe needs to do a little better job taking care of the ball (thinks he gets a little too creative occasionally) even considering how much he has it in his hands and how many pays he makes night in and night out (with a lot of passes and assists comes turnovers). in fact, lookiing closer at the leaders in turnovers, rondo is #9, but ahead of him are names like irving, harden, holliday, bryant, westbrook, vasquez.. what do these names have in common? they are either pgs or the main facilitators for their team. they have the ball a lot . they make plays. gee, some all stars on that list. who is right behind rondo? howard; durant; lilliard; conley; carmelo anthony. see the pattern? 

now, you want to talk assist to turnover ratio? gets even better for rondo. not only he is 8th in the league in BEST assist to turnover ratio if one looks closely you see that he is the only person other than chris paul (who is 5th) who is playing full time/starters minutes. so, you then see that rondo is actually great with basketball.  

the rest of rondo's stat line reads 8-14 from the floor, including a number of shots from the perimeter. 0-2 from the line. 13 rebounds. 14 assists. 3 steals. 3 blocked shots. he harrassed the ball all night, ran the team, found open people. rajon rondo was not the reason why the celtics lost. in fact, without him they would have been down 10-12 points. 

jason terry shot 1-12 from the floor. paul pierce was 9-24 with four turnovers and number of fumbles and near turnovers. pierce has to realize he is aging and can't do soem of the things he used to do. he was never great when called upon to play point forward and he needs to cease and desist at this point in his career because he's a step slower. pierce and terry were a combined 1-15 from the three point line. 

rondo, pierce, lee, and garnett all choked huge shots down the stretch. 

bass had one shot. 

sullinger had no shots. 

the celts have no low post presence, with the exception of garnett, who gets most of his offense shooting turnaround and elbow jumpers. 

bad, bad game, but one positive was jeff green, who looked a engaged and active as he has all season. first time i have seen him appear to be in the flow and a real prt of the action. even saw him react to some calls and plays by teammates. he needs to show up every night. 

rondo is the celts best player, an current and future perennial all-star, a HUGE asset, a consensus top 10-15 player in the league, a consensus top 5 pg in the league's deepest position (I put him at #3 when rose is healthy), not a problem at all, and if you like basketball and are a celts fan how do you not thank god you get to watch him night in and night out? gutsy, dependable winner. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to sinus007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hi,

Yes, you do take good with bad with RR.

Yes, he had -4 last night, yes, he had 5 turnovers, etc. But why no one mentioned his main talents: court vision and understanding of the game of basketball, e.g. (Tommy picked that out right away) his long passes to the offensive zone that disrupted 'Wolves defense.

Oh well, there're always people who are not happy with what they have.

AK

[/QUOTE]

jacque vaughan had all of that too.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jamez:You may be aware of weaknesses in the abstract but you are unable to flesh them out or articulate them in real time.... and seem to resent greatly anyone who can and does... running to R9R's defense  every time.

I don't want DH on my team for many reasons including his inability to hit FTs. He's a tempermental, bigger than life loser who whines a lot and doesn't play team basketball with consistency.

One of those is plenty.... thank you.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jamez:You may be aware of weaknesses in the abstract but you are unable to flesh them out or articulate them in real time.... and seem to resent greatly anyone who can and does... running to R9R's defense  every time.

I don't want DH on my team for many reasons including his inability to hit FTs. He's a tempermental, bigger than life loser who whines a lot and doesn't play team basketball with consistency.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

hes a loser? yea, worked his tail off his entire life to become one of the best Centers in the NBA, one of the great Centers of all time imo, making millions upon millions, International SUPERSTAR, and hes a loser? 

i must ask, what does that make you?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

hes a loser? yea, worked his tail off his entire life to become one of the best Centers in the NBA, one of the great Centers of all time imo, making millions upon millions, International SUPERSTAR, and hes a loser? 

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for fleshing out your priorities. Making millions, international stardom and not working on your free throws while wrapping your arms around the coach whose throat you just cut(while smiling no less). Not to mention stealing somebodies cape that was ill-fitted
    for a man w/ NO RINGS. No imagination!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo was a minus 1 tonight.

5 turnovers led to how many Philly baskets.

[/QUOTE]

Probably not as hurtful as Terry's 11 missed shots.  How many points did his 13 rebounds prevent Philly from scoring?  How many points did his 3 steals and 3 blocks prevent?  I used to think you had some credibility, Kirk, but your personal crusade against Rondo is baffling.  Garnett turned the ball over 3 times that game as well.  Team defense and rebounding are what's killing this team....and age as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Garnett was a -10 in that game as well.  I guess that's Rondo's fault as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Not true.

Rondo plays incredible in the playoffs, but takes most of the regular season off.

Rivers is a great people coach, good on x's and o's, not so good with rotations.

Most succinct analysis of Doc I've seen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1.    Rondo is a great ball player, but he has a couple of glaring weaknesses that he can solve by changing his attitude.   He's improved his shooting and free throws, now he can work on what's next.   I do not want to see him traded.  I just want to see him put more effort into on ball defense during the regular season and I'd like to see him move the ball faster without looking to be the guy who gets the most assits.    If we all see this, its not hate, just objective criticism.

[/QUOTE]

Not sure where you got he has improved his free throws. He is shooting 59% from the line.  I don't want him traded though unless we get true value for  him.  I really like a lot of his game.  There are also things I don't like about him.

1.  He doesn't alway push  the ball.  I have seen a numerous times he has barely crossed midcourt before getting a violation. That means we get into our set with 14 or 15 seconds at the earliest. Then he controls the ball too much after that. I can live with the controlling the ball the amount of time he does if he would get those extra 3-4 seconds by pushing the ball.  That also lessens the other teams ability to set up their defense.

2.  Passing up layups is unacceptable. I would pull a guy that doesn't take a layup to kick it out for a outside shot.

3.  Not staying in front of his man and letting him create havoc getting into the lane.

Even Doc said he didn't like the ball movement the first game Rondo came back. This was after 2 games of Rondo out of the lineup when they did have ball movement. Yes Rondo had the triple double but no ball movement.

Of course I can name things just like this on other players but if Rondo is our star and is getting the accolades as a superstar he is open for this type negative press. 

With all that said he is a incredible talent. The 3 things I mentioned above are easily correctable problems. These are things Rondo can do if he wants.  I can live with the free throws, the occasional terrible pass,  but other problems should be as easy as Doc telling Rondo to do them,  or Rondo taking it on himself to do them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Probably not as hurtful as Terry's 11 missed shots.  How many points did his 13 rebounds prevent Philly from scoring?  How many points did his 3 steals and 3 blocks prevent?  I used to think you had some credibility, Kirk, but your personal crusade against Rondo is baffling.  Garnett turned the ball over 3 times that game as well.  Team defense and rebounding are what's killing this team....and age as well.

[/QUOTE]

You hit the nail right there. Terry's shooting for that game was it, period.  Everyone can name plays that would have won the game. I don't fault guys for missing shots, anyone.  Now if  they just flat can't shoot and don't have something else to offer then you get rid of them.  I doubt you will see another shooting nite that bad from Terry.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Acie,

I don't get it. What does Jacque Vaughn have to do with Rajon Rondo?

AK

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for fleshing out your priorities. Making millions, international stardom and not working on your free throws while wrapping your arms around the coach whose throat you just cut(while smiling no less). Not to mention stealing somebodies cape that was ill-fitted

[/QUOTE] I couldn't have said it better!!  Right on all accounts!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

all im saying is, you cant call someone a loser when 

A. you dont even know much about them off the court, meaning you dont know the person DH really is, you just know what youve seen on the court and what the media has reported. Way too many fans think they know a player just bc they watch them on tv and hear about them on SportsCenter, and its simply not the case.

B. Despite his negative rep lately for what he did to SVG, he is still a hugely successful player in this league. Idc what any of you guys say, if this offseason DH chose to come to Boston you would welcome him! So, with that success, if he is a loser, you must be pretty low on yourself as well.