Rondo was a minus 4 tonight.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Rondo was a minus 4 tonight.....

i mean, are we gunna do this after every game?

Give it a rest. We all know Rondo doesnt play defense like Avery Bradley. We all know that at times he can hold the ball too long. Thats two things about his game that we could see change. Why is the guy hated so much bc of TWO THINGS? This guy has consistently averaged a double double this yr. Ill accept the bad bc there arent 2 other pg in this league that Pass AND Rebound like Rondo. There arent alot of pg that get their teammates WIDE OPEN jumpers OVER AND OVER AND OVER again bc of his penetration and deceptiveness. As for him passing up shots to get it to his teammates, yes it can annoy me but thats who he is. He is an unselfish passing point guard. Do you honestly think that if he wanted to he couldnt be a lethal scorer in this league? We all saw him throw 44 on the Heat in the playoffs. If he wants to pass instead of score, who cares? Its two points regardless of how you get it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

its funny, bc last year people said " If Rondo can shoot that jumper more consistently and hit his free throws, ill have no complaints and will accept him on this Celtics team." Well, one year later, his free throws havent really improved, but nobody even talks about them anymore. His shooting has clearly improved, yet people have found something else to complain about. Its like some of us as Boston fans will never be happy. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Explain something to me if you would

We are mostly all  Celtic fans here and we want our team to win. Why do you think so many have issues with Rondo?? Did we all just decide one day to single him out or has Rondo attracted criticism in some way??

Why not KG or Bass or PP the past few years?

See, i dont believe people just decided to pick on Rondo.... It's my belief people see his play, his attitude, his occassion disinterest and laziness etc etc etc

There's a reason behind it all because if there wasn't.... whats left?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Explain something to me if you would

We are mostly all  Celtic fans here and we want our team to win. Why do you think so many have issues with Rondo?? Did we all just decide one day to single him out or has Rondo attracted criticism in some way??

Why not KG or Bass or PP the past few years?

See, i dont believe people just decided to pick on Rondo.... It's my belief people see his play, his attitude, his occassion disinterest and laziness etc etc etc

There's a reason behind it all because if there wasn't.... whats left?

[/QUOTE]

whos this SO MANY? Theres 5 or 6 of you on 1 Boston Celtics forum. In the real world, its more than understood that Rondo is one of the best players in the league, and a top 3 pg. Theres a reason he had the #2 selling jersey in the NBA...get a clue.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Also, Rondo is the best player on the team, period. Its obvious. so that means every other player on the team is worse than him. (im eliminating kg from this, bc hes priceless) So, where are your criticisms of all the other players on the team? If ur criticizing the top player on the team so harshly than you MUST have problems with the weaker players. Where are the posts? nowhere, bc you are a blatant Rondo HATER. just admit it, Pud has.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Also, Rondo is the best player on the team, period. Its obvious. so that means every other player on the team is worse than him. (im eliminating kg from this, bc hes priceless) So, where are your criticisms of all the other players on the team? If ur criticizing the top player on the team so harshly than you MUST have problems with the weaker players. Where are the posts? nowhere, bc you are a blatant Rondo HATER. just admit it, Pud has.

[/QUOTE]

I heard a discussion on Felger and Mazz and they talked about Rondo not even being in the top 15 best players. They are nuts.  Rondo hit jumps and free throws now so look out.  When Bradley comes back they will be hawking the ball all over  the court.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I heard a discussion on Felger and Mazz and they talked about Rondo not even being in the top 15 best players. They are nuts.  Rondo hit jumps and free throws now so look out.  When Bradley comes back they will be hawking the ball all over  the court.

[/QUOTE]

Rondo is 12th on the ESPN player rankings this season.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8423104/2012-nba-player-rankings-11-15

[/QUOTE]

I think that is about right since they have a bias toward big man.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Folks are scared to criticise KG or PP.  We have a Bass basher, but KG who took too much money and can only play in 5-6 minute stretches, shows up every few games and Pierce who is a TO machine and has clearly lost a step and just want admit it. KG doesn't rebouund!!  KG doesnt play in the post. He cant go more than 6 minutes w/o getting a 6 minute breather.

Rondo probably could score 20 a night, but where would that leave PP or KG with their touches? Or Bass or Terry? Either way he will be a ball hog and folks will complain.  The minute he starts scoring more and we lose then it will be a problem.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think KG is still the best player on the team.  Difficult to compare a defensive center who can shoot with a young point guard but if I had to give up one of them, I'd give up Rondo and keep KG.  Of course, that's purely hypothetical.  I'm just using that to say that I think KG is the better overall player, still, and the more valuable to the team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Folks are scared to criticise KG or PP.  We have a Bass basher, but KG who took too much money and can only play in 5-6 minute stretches, shows up every few games and Pierce who is a TO machine and has clearly lost a step and just want admit it. KG doesn't rebouund!!  KG doesnt play in the post. He cant go more than 6 minutes w/o getting a 6 minute breather.

Rondo probably could score 20 a night, but where would that leave PP or KG with their touches? Or Bass or Terry? Either way he will be a ball hog and folks will complain.  The minute he starts scoring more and we lose then it will be a problem.

[/QUOTE]

Its not that KG can only play in 5 to 6 minute stretches.  Its that Doc, wisely, is not overplaying KG so as to keep him fresh for the playoffs.  If necessary, I bet KG could play 36 mins per game.   But, by season's end, he'd be weary.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

KG is the best player on the team......by far. 

[/QUOTE]

I think part of the reason the Celtics are struggling is because KG is not consistently playing in the low post like he did last year from February through the playoffs.  His game has drifted outside again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Im not so critical of the other players because, generally speaking, they arent getting accolades heaped upon them as great defensive players and leaders like Rondo mysteriously receives..

Also, Im not so critical of KG getting blown by on drives or PP losing a step and fumbling the ball so much more often for one reason and one reason only.... because they are giving it their all.... Im more vocal about Rondo because I believe his shortcomings are brought on by LACK OF EFFORT, selfishness and a poor attitude.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Speaking for myself only, I have no bias on any players. As a ball player when I watch professionals, i want to see the game played right. I have critisized PP this year as well for his turnovers, sloppy play at time and Ill advised drives to the hoop that result in charges. JG has been timid at times.   I think Barbosa is incapable of making an assist sometimes, I mean thats what this forum is for is to let our frustrations out, voice our opinions and some will see it differently but only 2 people here HATE rondo and we know who they are. Everyone else is just passionate and wants whats best for the team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Speaking for myself only, I have no bias on any players. As a ball player when I watch professionals, i want to see the game played right. I have critisized PP this year as well for his turnovers, sloppy play at time and Ill advised drives to the hoop that result in charges. JG has been timid at times.   I think Barbosa is incapable of making an assist sometimes, I mean thats what this forum is for is to let our frustrations out, voice our opinions and some will see it differently but only 2 people here HATE rondo and we know who they are. Everyone else is just passionate and wants whats best for the team.

[/QUOTE]

+1.    Rondo is a great ball player, but he has a couple of glaring weaknesses that he can solve by changing his attitude.   He's improved his shooting and free throws, now he can work on what's next.   I do not want to see him traded.  I just want to see him put more effort into on ball defense during the regular season and I'd like to see him move the ball faster without looking to be the guy who gets the most assits.    If we all see this, its not hate, just objective criticism.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Year 7 and Rondo is going to change his attitude?

You've got to be kidding me.

He was born with that ego-mania... and will likely die with it too.

Too much me....me...me-ball.

Go to his website and linger a while.

Narcissism on parade.

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Im not so critical of the other players because, generally speaking, they arent getting accolades heaped upon them as great defensive players and leaders like Rondo mysteriously receives..

Also, Im not so critical of KG getting blown by on drives or PP losing a step and fumbling the ball so much more often for one reason and one reason only.... because they are giving it their all.... Im more vocal about Rondo because I believe his shortcomings are brought on by LACK OF EFFORT, selfishness and a poor attitude.

[/QUOTE]

in that case, criticize the people who heap the praises and accolades, not the player. it doesnt make sense to hate on a player just bc someone says they are great.

thats a cop out. ive seen plenty, PLENTY of times where Paul lets someone drive past him bc PP was being lazy, or failing to come help in the lane. KG will always give us everything he has, ill agree, but as for the rest of the players, its ridiculous to suggest everyone else is giving 100% except for Rondo.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Jamez is incapable of even the slightest criticism of R9R.

R9R bumps the ref in the PO's last season, gets suspended.... and all Jamez could bring himself to say after much prodding and soul-searching.... was that the situation was "not optimal."

PERIOD!

There is a lot of dissatisfaction here at BDC and at other Celtic websites with Rondo. And it is building.

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

R9R bumps the ref in the PO's last season, gets suspended.... and all Jamez could bring himself to say after much prodding and soul-searching.... was that the situation was "not optimal."

PERIOD!

There is a lot of dissatisfaction here at BDC and at other Celtic websites with Rondo. And it is building.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Also there are a lot of people at BDC that think pud is creepy, obsessive and kinda dumb.

This sentiment is also building

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]

PERIOD!

Pud

[/QUOTE]

dont remember using the word "optimal" there, but okay. I am aware of Rondo's weaknesses, defensively and offensively. But i think his good GREATLY OUTWEIGHS his bad. The same reason why i wont criticize Dwight Howard on a daily basis just bc he is bad at shooting free throws.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

PERIOD!

Pud

[/QUOTE]

dont remember using the word "optimal" there, but okay. I am aware of Rondo's weaknesses, defensively and offensively. But i think his good GREATLY OUTWEIGHS his bad. The same reason why i wont criticize Dwight Howard on a daily basis just bc he is bad at shooting free throws.

[/QUOTE]

You just hurt your case! Howards poor free throw shooting costs his team games and will continue to cost them games, are you putting Rondo in that category?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

PERIOD!

Pud

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You just hurt your case! Howards poor free throw shooting costs his team games and will continue to cost them games, are you putting Rondo in that category?

[/QUOTE]

He didnt hurt his case.  he basically said that Howard, like rondo, has strengths that very few players have, and also has glaring weaknesses.