Rondo was great against the Grizzlies

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Rondo was great against the Grizzlies

Garnett passed up a layup to pass it to Ray Allen for 3,which is dumb for a 7 footer. He missed costing the Celtics 2 points and Rondo an assist. 

The Celtics also missed alot of layups and easy shots in the first quarter. They make the easy shots and the Celtics are up by 5 ,after 1 instead of down by 5.

Kristic and Garnett are more to blame for missing easy shots,and allowing the Grizzlies to stay in the game.
    Rondo also wasn't guarding Leon Powe,or blocking out their bigs out.
    Rondo had 11 boards,and was awesome on defense shutting down Conley and recording 5 or 6 steals.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAKER-Troll. Show LAKER-Troll's posts

Re: Rondo was great against the Grizzlies

Now, if he could consistently hit a shot longer than 4 away from the basket.

D-Fish wipes the floor with rondo. Wink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

No doubt, Rondo is the best NBA player of all time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

The Celtics (Rondo) were pushing the pace, which was great. They usually get nice scoring chances in transition. His ill-timed shot at the end of the game was far from great; it was a potential moral breaker. But count on Doc and the veterans (ie, Big 3) to move onward and upward.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rondo was playing great early in the game, even thought the C's trailed. He was driving, pressuring the defense...

For some reason, it kinda stopped later on he was dribbling the ball, winding the shot clock down...stagnating the offense.

I dont know it hes getting tired, cant keep focused or what.. ITs up to Doc to know what to do... and its not looking like he does.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If you consider 2 for 12 great, then yeah, he was great!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

He was better in some facets of his game but his shooting killed the chance to win.
    His decision to not go to the basket at the end of the game on his steal was the killer.  I wonder if he is now afraid to go to the foul line.  I cannot believe he stopped short of the basket.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo was great against the Grizzlies:
    [QUOTE]He was better in some facets of his game but his shooting killed the chance to win. His decision to not go to the basket at the end of the game on his steal was the killer.  I wonder if he is now afraid to go to the foul line.  I cannot believe he stopped short of the basket.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

You wonder if he is NOW afraid to go to the line.... well maybe the record 26% from the line in the finals was the impetus to being afraid and or maybe all the good point guards in the league make 3 times as many foul shots as Rondo will take all year would be some indication of whether he is afraid.

Let's see if you are the worst in the league and everyone is watching and you avoid it if at all possible then maybe yeah you are afraid.....

I guess that is what makes him elite.  So like last night when Chris Paul went 8 for 9 from the line, he said to himself - I am so glad I am not an elite point guard - if I was one of the best, I would be avoiding getting to the line because I would be afraid to miss some shots....  of course Chris Paul doesn't really count because he is a shoot first point guard which allows him to shoot 8 of 15 from the line and make 8 of 9 from the line but of course because he is a shoot first point guard he probably only had 3 assists, right.... well NO, he had 24 points and 12 assists.... so when Rondo does not score any points but has 12 assists he is an elite point guard because he is a pass first point guard......  gotta go change my depends again....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo was great against the Grizzlies : You wonder if he is NOW afraid to go to the line.... well maybe the record 26% from the line in the finals was the impetus to being afraid and or maybe all the good point guards in the league make 3 times as many foul shots as Rondo will take all year would be some indication of whether he is afraid. Let's see if you are the worst in the league and everyone is watching and you avoid it if at all possible then maybe yeah you are afraid..... I guess that is what makes him elite.  So like last night when Chris Paul went 8 for 9 from the line, he said to himself - I am so glad I am not an elite point guard - if I was one of the best, I would be avoiding getting to the line because I would be afraid to miss some shots....  of course Chris Paul doesn't really count because he is a shoot first point guard which allows him to shoot 8 of 15 from the line and make 8 of 9 from the line but of course because he is a shoot first point guard he probably only had 3 assists, right.... well NO, he had 24 points and 12 assists.... so when Rondo does not score any points but has 12 assists he is an elite point guard because he is a pass first point guard......  gotta go change my depends again....
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

p.s. I would be so ready to put Chris Paul in Rondo's class if Paul would have gotten his 12 assists last night but instead of making 8 of 15 he only made 3 of 15 and instead of making 8 of 9 from the line he only went to the line three times and made only 1 one of them - you see this would have meant that he would not have been guarded and he would have avoided getting to the line, etc.  If he could just step up and play that way, then I would somehow someway be hard pressed to put Paul in Rondo's class but until then, not sure how I can.......  these depends are getting expensive....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo was great against the Grizzlies : p.s. I would be so ready to put Chris Paul in Rondo's class if Paul would have gotten his 12 assists last night but instead of making 8 of 15 he only made 3 of 15 and instead of making 8 of 9 from the line he only went to the line three times and made only 1 one of them - you see this would have meant that he would not have been guarded and he would have avoided getting to the line, etc.  If he could just step up and play that way, then I would somehow someway be hard pressed to put Paul in Rondo's class but until then, not sure how I can.......  these depends are getting expensive....

Dudder: Have you heard.... the new Depends now come in colors?

I can't wait to get all color coordinated myself.

What goes with green?

Yellow?

Brown?

For hunting season this year, I'm going to splurge  on  a supersize package of the snugg fitting, ultra absorbent adult pullups...  in CAMO.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo was great against the Grizzlies : Dudder: Have you heard.... the new Depends now come in colors? I can't wait to get all color coordinated myself. What goes with green? Yellow? Brown? For hunting season this year, I'm going to splurge  on  a supersize package of the snugg fitting, ultra absorbent adult pullups...  in CAMO. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

I know I can usually get 4 days out of each, inside, outside, front, back but then when I sign on here I end up changing more than I think I should have to.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Rondo  is great every night, with the exception of of the nights when he shoots jumpshots. I often wish that Derek Fisher was our PG.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo  is great every night, with the exception of of the nights when he shoots jumpshots. I often wish that Derek Fisher was our PG.
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

Funny that would mention that.. a few weeks ago his coach told him he needs to be more aggressive getting to the rim and also to take a lot more of those uncontested gifts provided by the opponents - and not so coincidentally this is when he has started to prove his true colors............

My son is 11 and we play horse a lot and he always says to me "dad if you could not hit those 18 foot jumpers I would beat you every time".......  Rondo - please read.......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Depends

I ordered a special carton of custom Depends with a picture of Rondo's smug mug.  I wear them inside out with Rondo's face catching the detritus, if you will.  Makes life soo much more pleasant.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dudder your point is well taken.  We have what we have and what I consider to be is a formerly very effective point guard.  

He could always make a lay-up or even dunk.  Yet on a bad shooting night he stops short.  We would have won most likely if he makes that play.

The shooting issue is very valid and appears to be not correctable at the moment. He has to take the ball to the hole with a vengeance.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Dudder your point is well taken.  We have what we have and what I consider to be is a formerly very effective point guard.   He could always make a lay-up or even dunk.  Yet on a bad shooting night he stops short.  We would have won most likely if he makes that play. The shooting issue is very valid and appears to be not correctable at the moment. He has to take the ball to the hole with a vengeance.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

"Yet on a bad shooting night".... is there another kind?

"He has to take the ball to the hole with a vengeance".... but can't because he is a terrible finisher and gets a wet diaper when there is even a remote chance he has to go to the free throw line.....

So when you add it all up you get Steph Curry without the going to the line, making 3s, making freebies, making jumpers, etc.  Or you get a 20 year old John Wall who is 5 years younger........

Maybe the light is finally dawning on some of the posters / fans / bloggers..... as I have said 100 times, the amount by which Rondo can be overrated cannot be overstated.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo was great against the Grizzlies : "Yet on a bad shooting night".... is there another kind? "He has to take the ball to the hole with a vengeance".... but can't because he is a terrible finisher and gets a wet diaper when there is even a remote chance he has to go to the free throw line..... So when you add it all up you get Steph Curry without the going to the line, making 3s, making freebies, making jumpers, etc.  Or you get a 20 year old John Wall who is 5 years younger........ Maybe the light is finally dawning on some of the posters / fans / bloggers..... as I have said 100 times, the amount by which Rondo can be overrated cannot be overstated.

Actually he is the third best finishing guard in the league, according to the stats around the basket.  he is also ten times the defender Stephen Curry is. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]If you consider 2 for 12 great, then yeah, he was great!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

More phases to the game than offense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo was great against the Grizzlies : Actually he is the third best finishing guard in the league, according to the stats around the basket.  he is also ten times the defender Stephen Curry is. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Yeah well sometimes when your team struggles to get to 90 points against the worst teams in the league it would be ok to have a player that can actually shoot - you may give up a little defense to get a lot more offense......  call it the eyeball test but when just about every shot Rondo takes clangs off the rim and when it is a layup it is a result from a steal and is an uncontested layup but for the most part it is a prayer off the back board with lots of spin and luckily goes it but is seemingly more often blocked than just about anything else..... stats would have you believe Rondo shoots the ball at 47% also..... pick any number of point guards that are not shooting 47% from the field and give it the eyeball test and determine whether you think they are worse shooters than Rondo - Rondo's 47% includes never shooting anything other than an uncontested jumper or layup, most point guards take shots as part of their team's offense and many of them make 3s at greater than 40% and actually take contested jumpers because they are part of the team's offense..... I know that must really s uck to accept but the whole watching a team other than the Cs against the Washington Generals would generally provide you with a little more perspective.

Anyone that can come here an objectively call Rondo a good finisher very simply has not an objective cell in their entire being.

If I get within 2 feet of the basket and pass up routine layups and kick it out to one of the 3 greatest scorers and thereby avoid a missed shot and a bad finish - I guess I could be considered a good finisher.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo was great against the Grizzlies : Yeah well sometimes when your team struggles to get to 90 points against the worst teams in the league it would be ok to have a player that can actually shoot - you may give up a little defense to get a lot more offense......  call it the eyeball test but when just about every shot Rondo takes clangs off the rim and when it is a layup it is a result from a steal and is an uncontested layup but for the most part it is a prayer off the back board with lots of spin and luckily goes it but is seemingly more often blocked than just about anything else..... stats would have you believe Rondo shoots the ball at 47% also..... pick any number of point guards that are not shooting 47% from the field and give it the eyeball test and determine whether you think they are worse shooters than Rondo - Rondo's 47% includes never shooting anything other than an uncontested jumper or layup, most point guards take shots as part of their team's offense and many of them make 3s at greater than 40% and actually take contested jumpers because they are part of the team's offense..... I know that must really s uck to accept but the whole watching a team other than the Cs against the Washington Generals would generally provide you with a little more perspective. Anyone that can come here an objectively call Rondo a good finisher very simply has not an objective cell in their entire being. If I get within 2 feet of the basket and pass up routine layups and kick it out to one of the 3 greatest scorers and thereby avoid a missed shot and a bad finish - I guess I could be considered a good finisher.

Stats would have you belive rondo shoots the ball at 47% because 47% of the time Rondo shoots the bal it goes in the hoop. That's how stats work.  As for a good finisher Rondo isn't a good finisher he is a great finisher. In fact only two guards finish better within five feet of the basket. 

Sorry your lack of understainding of basktball is alarming. I know you want the celtics to be the timberwolves and lead the league in scoring, but great teams don't do that. Great teams like the celtics are effcient on offense and great on defense.

btw, Rndo is the highest rated defense point guard in the game right now. I'm sure you'll disagree for magic reasons that have nothing to do with reality. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo was great against the Grizzlies : Stats would have you belive rondo shoots the ball at 47% because 47% of the time Rondo shoots the bal it goes in the hoop. That's how stats work.  As for a good finisher Rondo isn't a good finisher he is a great finisher. In fact only two guards finish better within five feet of the basket.  Sorry your lack of understainding of basktball is alarming. I know you want the celtics to be the timberwolves and lead the league in scoring, but great teams don't do that. Great teams like the celtics are effcient on offense and great on defense. btw, Rndo is the highest rated defense point guard in the game right now. I'm sure you'll disagree for magic reasons that have nothing to do with reality. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

And most of the time when faced with the prospect of attempting to finish - he passes the ball to someone 18 feet further away from the rim than he is and other point guards take the shot and then go to the line 5 times more often than Rondo....  and when faced with leading an uncontested fast break Rondo turns around looking / hoping / praying to find a teammate to give the ball to to pad his assist stats and avoid taking a shot and having to go to the line.. .but have it your way... some of us actually watch the games.....

If there is some part of you that thinks that Rondo is one of the best finishers in the league then you need to trade your green glasses for some objectivity glasses.....

When standing within 12 feet of the rim and a clear path to the rim he backs the ball out and looks for someone that can actually shoot and passes it to them....  if he cannot make an assist he realizes that he has absolutely no other value to the team.... if there is any other perspective it is a warped one.....

Sections
Shortcuts