Rondo was NEVER the Celtics best player!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Rondo was NEVER the Celtics best player!

Rondo has never really been the "BEST player" on the Cs. He is likely the most athletically skilled, flamboyant, and most likely to author a highlight, or to build the most impressive idividual stats, but certainly was not the "BEST player" on the team. 

Fact is, we lost a guard who held the ball far too long in the offensive sets. He kept the rock out of those natural scorers' hands for far too many precious seconds of nearly each and every possession. If we are gonna lose a player this year, then certainly let it be a guard. We have plenty of those who will now shoot better than they have thus far this season simply as a product of being able to stay engaged and focussed instead of waiting for the "leader" to toss the ball to them with less than 5-seconds on the shot clock. 

Paul Pierce has been almost disinterested, if not declared done. He will now return to who we all remember in that the offense will return to what he is most comfortable with, it will run through PP again. This R9R event will prove just how off track Danny and Doc got with giving an instable leader the keys to the kingdom. See, in the end, the TEAM takes on the personality of its leader. Hence we have been an undisciplined, streaky, unemotional, inconsistant team...just like RR is despite his crazy skills.  I'd rather have a proven leader and winner...Welcome back Paul, we've missed you, Captain! Now, lets do what you do.....WIN!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Re: Rondo was NEVER the Celtics best player!

In response to RallyC's comment:

Rondo has never really been the "BEST player" on the Cs. He is likely the most athletically skilled, flamboyant, and most likely to author a highlight, or to build the most impressive idividual stats, but certainly was not the "BEST player" on the team. 

Fact is, we lost a guard who held the ball far too long in the offensive sets. He kept the rock out of those natural scorers' hands for far too many precious seconds of nearly each and every possession. If we are gonna lose a player this year, then certainly let it be a guard. We have plenty of those who will now shoot better than they have thus far this season simply as a product of being able to stay engaged and focussed instead of waiting for the "leader" to toss the ball to them with less than 5-seconds on the shot clock. 

Paul Pierce has been almost disinterested, if not declared done. He will now return to who we all remember in that the offense will return to what he is most comfortable with, it will run through PP again. This R9R event will prove just how off track Danny and Doc got with giving an instable leader the keys to the kingdom. See, in the end, the TEAM takes on the personality of its leader. Hence we have been an undisciplined, streaky, unemotional, inconsistant team...just like RR is despite his crazy skills.  I'd rather have a proven leader and winner...Welcome back Paul, we've missed you, Captain! Now, lets do what you do.....WIN!!!

All points I must agree with. As much talent as Rondo has, he just has not lived up to it in my opinion. Too much of a diva. Some night he seemed like playing and other it seemed he did not. I think the offense will run a bit quicker and more players will be involved, which the Cs need. I am looking forward to the rest of the season. A week ago I would not have said that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

So who was their best player? PP? And how about KG?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Good post.... I can see the argument that can be made for most of what you said. Rondo is a player I really like,  but he has always been a bit of an enigma to me. When he is on his game, the unconventional things he does are amazing. He is an incredible competitor, but he has a lot of flaws that make you wonder how valuable is he really.  I also believe that too much of the celtics offense is made to cater to him. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

To me,  kg has always been the c's best player. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

17.4 points, 6.8 rebounds and 11.9 assists through 16 playoff games last year. Should have been benched with these numbers. Almost any point guard in the league can put up playoff numbers like this. much and without Rondo they would have swept thr Heat last year . This is a thread for dummies.

+1

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

And to think he was voted starting point guard in the All Star game. Gee the whole basketball world is wrong and a few stupid so called Celtics fans are right. Not likely

Yao ming was also voted starter in all star games ahead of Shaq, Duncan, Bynum,  and Gasol. One year he was voted starter and he didn't play. Fan vote is a popularity contest.  Does not mean they were right. 

In general,  there are a lot more uninformed people in the world than there are people that make thought out rationale decisions

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

And to think he was voted starting point guard in the All Star game. Gee the whole basketball world is wrong and a few stupid so called Celtics fans are right. Not likely

All star games are about highlites, and stats. Its all hype. Get educated. You, my friend, are a victim of all the hype! Real stars are consistant throughout the majority of the 82, not just when the spot light is on them. Give me the athelticism and consistancy that C-Lee will now show you every night. He has suffered most from Rondo's poor leadership and constant cotrol of the ball and clock. Fact is, all of them have.....WATCH!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Accension13's comment:

Yao ming was also voted starter in all star games ahead of Shaq, Duncan, Bynum,  and Gasol. One year he was voted starter and he didn't play. Fan vote is a popularity contest.  Does not mean they were right. 

In general,  there are a lot more uninformed people in the world than there are people that make thought out rationale decisions

It is great to see that more than just "fans" contribute in these forums once in while. I am a diehard fan, BOSTON through and through, but not to the point of lying to myself about any one player........You get it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Accension13's comment:

To me,  kg has always been the c's best player. 

+10

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

17.4 points, 6.8 rebounds and 11.9 assists through 16 playoff games last year. Should have been benched with these numbers. Almost any point guard in the league can put up playoff numbers like this. much and without Rondo they would have swept thr Heat last year . This is a thread for dummies.

No, you're missing the point, man. Rondo is a stat machine, WE ALL KNOW THAT! He just sucks as a team leader. As we see with his "HOOD" behavior, he can't even lead himself. He acts like a dik! We see it constantly. That does not bode well for team chemistry or the develpment of younger/new players. Now go stare at your Rondo poster....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

Rondo is the best player on the team by far...you might not like his attitude or whatever (i'm not going to argue about that) but at this stage in their career on the court nobody is even close to Rondo on the celtics and if they were we wouldnt be 21-23. Rondo might not fit this team, or he might not have the attitude of a leader but to say "Rondo was NEVER the Celtics best player!" is completely false come on man go watch the playoffs last year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

+10

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

this is hilarious. ask anyone on the Celtics, players and coach, poll them and i bet 100% say Rajon Rondo. Then, go around the league and pool the players, and coaches, then go pool the analysts. See what the overwhelming answer is...

haha whats wrong with our fans??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

the thing thats funny is, ppl on here say " THe All Star game is a  popularity contest." And it is. But, looking through this years roster, who isnt deserving of a spot on the team? I bet those same people would only name two guys, KG and Rondo.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from truthsaint. Show truthsaint's posts

I rarely post but will offer my 2 cents. Count me among those that think Rondo is the best player on the Celtics. If Iwere the Doc, I'd tell him to run the ball every single time he touches it, and sprint to the hoop and/or get fouled, or drop off the ball to any trailer. I've followed the Celtics since '69...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

this is hilarious. ask anyone on the Celtics, players and coach, poll them and i bet 100% say Rajon Rondo. Then, go around the league and pool the players, and coaches, then go pool the analysts. See what the overwhelming answer is...

haha whats wrong with our fans??

You don't need to look any further than Lee and Ray Alen to see that your statement is a bold face lie. Do you know what 100% is? You are in denial. RONDO is the most talented on the team, YES, but he is not the best player on the TEAM. I am starting to believe that you just aren't intelligent enough to know the difference, just like most of the players you refer to. Sorry, but we all know it is true.............Now Jamez, go dry your eyes, cuz your boyfriend is gonna be shown up by what the C's do from here on out. YOU TOO BELIEVE THE RONDO HYPE! The Cs are just being good teammates.....something that GONDO never has been....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

What defines the best player? Difficult to judge IMO. For me personally, the most important player of the team is KG, by far. We always go as far as he can carry us.

But that doesn't mean Rondo is a bad player. It is no shame to that KG is more important than Rondo.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Damn, man. Thanks for burying your own point about GONDO.......you are a rock.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

the thing thats funny is, ppl on here say " THe All Star game is a  popularity contest." And it is. But, looking through this years roster, who isnt deserving of a spot on the team? I bet those same people would only name two guys, KG and Rondo.

Damn, man. Thanks for burying your own point about GONDO.......you are a rock.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

What defines the best player? Difficult to judge IMO. For me personally, the most important player of the team is KG, by far. We always go as far as he can carry us.

But that doesn't mean Rondo is a bad player. It is no shame to that KG is more important than Rondo.

Agreed. Rondo is by far not a bad player. He just isn't the leader for any championship team. 2008, he was still in the box.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts