Rondo was NEVER the Celtics best player!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Re: Rondo was NEVER the Celtics best player!

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

the thing thats funny is, ppl on here say " THe All Star game is a  popularity contest." And it is. But, looking through this years roster, who isnt deserving of a spot on the team? I bet those same people would only name two guys, KG and Rondo.

Just as an example: This year Aldrige doesn't deserve to be an All Star!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

the thing thats funny is, ppl on here say " THe All Star game is a  popularity contest." And it is. But, looking through this years roster, who isnt deserving of a spot on the team? I bet those same people would only name two guys, KG and Rondo.

I don't get the point of your post.  Arguably,  kg and Rondo are the least deserving all star starters. Particularly kg, Rondo should be a starter at his position in the east. I voted for both because I like them(voted for pierce too) not because I believe they are the best player at their position. All the other players selected are extremely popular and they are having really good years  statistically (Howard is a little  debatable). Rondo deserves the start in my opinion because he leads the league in assists, and he had a great playoff series last year; however,  I believe Irving is a better player

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

Ask around the league Rondo bashers who has the most trade value on the team.  Rondo.           END OF DISCUSSION

1. The highest trade value doesn't mean he is the Best/most important player. His value was higher cause he is younger than PP and KG.

2. At the moment his value is almost zero.

3. So far the roumors say that Ainge tried to shop ROndo several times but no one bite.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrylfries. Show darrylfries's posts

3. So far the roumors say that Ainge tried to shop ROndo several times but no one bite.

Havn't seen any rumors myself.. Want to provided me with a link to some??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Ask around the league Rondo bashers who has the most trade value on the team.  Rondo.           END OF DISCUSSION

1. The highest trade value doesn't mean he is the Best/most important player. His value was higher cause he is younger than PP and KG.

2. At the moment his value is almost zero.

Great points... Ainge would never acknowledge trying to trade Rondo now because he has no value injured. 

The celtics are sub 500 because Pierce and kg are the 1 and 2 options on this team.  They cannot perform at that level every night because they are old. Ideally,  they should be the 3 and 4 options on a contending team

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Havn't seen any rumors myself.. Want to provided me with a link to some??

Come on, it was mentioned in the net, on boston.com, and in this forum several times. Actually it was discussed to death here in the last years. You really want me to google it again for you? That is lame...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

http://www.csnne.com/sportsnetNewEngland/search/v/70226418/wojnarowski-rondo-was-not-involved-in-trade-talks.htm

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrylfries. Show darrylfries's posts

Come on, it was mentioned in the net, on boston.com, and in this forum several times. Actually it was discussed to death here in the last years. You really want me to google it again for you? That is lame

Last years?  /Got any thing recent or just speculation.  Everone on the team has beeen discussed about concerning trades  Why single out Rondo he's no more likely to be traded than anyone else.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Last years?  /Got any thing recent or just speculation.  Everone on the team has beeen discussed about concerning trades  Why single out Rondo he's no more likely to be traded than anyone else.

What is your point? I was mentioned that everyone in he league knwos/thinks that Rondo has the highest trade value as an argument that he is the best celtic player.

My response was, that: A) "best" player doesn't mean highest trade value. And B) that the rumors give the impession that Ainge tried to shop Rondo but his value wasn't high enough for the players he was looking for.

I never mentioned that Rondo will more likely be traded (actually now he will NOT be traded) than anyone else.

By the way, I "singled" out Rondo cause this thread is about Rondo not about Terry^^

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

You don't need to look any further than Lee and Ray Alen to see that your statement is a bold face lie

Rally  Why don't you post a link where Lee and Allen commented on the teams best player. Nothing out there just    two washed up players whining because they don't get enough shots.  If things were as bad as you say Pierce Or Garnett would have pushed Rondo out  regardless of Doc   Anyway I'll wait for you to  post those comments by Lee an Allen.      '' Hood Behavior.    Racist Pig

Racist? because RONDO acts the way he acts and I call him out on it, I'm racist? Go to hell, You have a hood mentality too, pretty obvious. Get an education, one day and you'll realize that YOU are the racist pig, just like most who come outta the gate and use that weak shyt. Funny thing is, you've exposed just how racist you truly are and didn't even realize it. Stupid azz.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

What is your point? I was mentioned that everyone in he league knwos/thinks that Rondo has the highest trade value as an argument that he is the best celtic player.

My response was, that: A) "best" player doesn't mean highest trade value. And B) that the rumors give the impession that Ainge tried to shop Rondo but his value wasn't high enough for the players he was looking for.

I never mentioned that Rondo will more likely be traded (actually now he will NOT be traded) than anyone else.

By the way, I "singled" out Rondo cause this thread is about Rondo not about Terry^^

Again, those Rondo rumors were last season....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Again, those Rondo rumors were last season....

And? Did I say it was this year? Has it anyting to do with the topic? NO

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Accension13's comment:

I don't get the point of your post.  Arguably,  kg and Rondo are the least deserving all star starters. Particularly kg, Rondo should be a starter at his position in the east. I voted for both because I like them(voted for pierce too) not because I believe they are the best player at their position. All the other players selected are extremely popular and they are having really good years  statistically (Howard is a little  debatable). Rondo deserves the start in my opinion because he leads the league in assists, and he had a great playoff series last year; however,  I believe Irving is a better player

A13, and I truly don't believe he understands his point either. Most of these guys really don't.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

we'll see what the coming 18 months bring. if these anti-rondo trenders are correct, their truth will manifest itself and rondo will be gone at some point. if not, he'll be right back here doing what he does. the nba and their broadcast partners are gonna miss the quirky little freak. i certainly will, but this celtic sea change is undeniably going to be interesting.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I think the main question is does rondo make us a better team?  I think we r going to get the answer.  I think also I our remaining schedule is tougher.  May be wrong but it looks tougher. we will get a better look when they hit the road.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

What defines the best player? Difficult to judge IMO. For me personally, the most important player of the team is KG, by far. We always go as far as he can carry us.

But that doesn't mean Rondo is a bad player. It is no shame to that KG is more important than Rondo.

Agreed. Rondo is by far not a bad player. He just isn't the leader for any championship team. 2008, he was still in the box.

What do you claim, Rally? Rondo is not the leader or he is not the best player? Or the leader=the best player? What is your definition of "the best player"? Because it seems like you're just a hater.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Well, except Rondo was the best Celtics player during their seven game series with the Heat last year. Kind of an important time to be the best player, team would never have taken Miami to seven games without him. 

That said I've never felt the idea was that Rondo needed to be the best player on the Celtics, just a key piece. I'll be open to those views changing as the season plays out without him. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Who have you asked around the league?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Thats becasue fans that vote, such as yourself, generally dont understand the game

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

For example

ST

• Karllost
    • First: 2/19/2009
    • Last: 1/31/2013

posted at 1/27/2013 3:58 PM EST

• JamezHill24
    • First: 9/28/2009
    • Last: 1/27/2013

thatll be it..we played well..just too many mistakes at the end.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Fields4's comment:

What defines the best player? Difficult to judge IMO. For me personally, the most important player of the team is KG, by far. We always go as far as he can carry us.

But that doesn't mean Rondo is a bad player. It is no shame to that KG is more important than Rondo.

Agreed. Rondo is by far not a bad player. He just isn't the leader for any championship team. 2008, he was still in the box.

What do you claim, Rally? Rondo is not the leader or he is not the best player? Or the leader=the best player? What is your definition of "the best player"? Because it seems like you're just a hater.

Fields, Rondo is the most athletically talented player on the Cs. Rondo is NOT a good leader as we have all seen time and again in the way he carries himself all of the time. Rondo is NOT the best in-game-player on the Cs when it comes to consistantly contributing to team chemistry, making his teammates better, clutch time shooting, and wins. Honestly, his flashy tricks catch his fellow players off guard more than half of the time. This ain't the Globetrotters, man. He lacks good fundamentals, i.e. leaves his feet with nowhere to go with the ball, he throws too many bad, trick passes, he is still too streaky of a shooter in clutch time, etc. I see him as the Michael Vick of the NBA. Nobody can deny that Vick in his physical prime is an amazing talent and football player. BUT, his wide range of mad skill also has kept him from being an ultimate winner. RONDO has this same propensity for the WOW factor, but lacks in controlling and honing his skills enough to make it beneficial to meeting the REAL goal of winning. Stats are great, individually. Winning is the true signe of a great TEAM player. Sometimes, LESS is MORE, and More is just TOO MUCH. I don't hate, I just tell the truth. I love watching Rondo show his stuff. I just wish he were on another team where he wouldn't keep hurting my teams chemistry and their chances of consistantly wining. Remember, THIS YEAR is his first as the proclaimed TEAM LEADER. His shoulders have proven too scrawny to hold such a big load. Bad decision by Doc and Danny to put this on him. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

Fields, Rondo is the most athletically talented player on the Cs. Rondo is NOT a good leader as we have all seen time and again in the way he carries himself all of the time. Rondo is NOT the best in-game-player on the Cs when it comes to consistantly contributing to team chemistry, making his teammates better, clutch time shooting, and wins. Honestly, his flashy tricks catch his fellow players off guard more than half of the time. This ain't the Globetrotters, man. He lacks good fundamentals, i.e. leaves his feet with nowhere to go with the ball, he throws too many bad, trick passes, he is still too streaky of a shooter in clutch time, etc. I see him as the Michael Vick of the NBA. Nobody can deny that Vick in his physical prime is an amazing talent and football player. BUT, his wide range of mad skill also has kept him from being an ultimate winner. RONDO has this same propensity for the WOW factor, but lacks in controlling and honing his skills enough to make it beneficial to meeting the REAL goal of winning. Stats are great, individually. Winning is the true signe of a great TEAM player. Sometimes, LESS is MORE, and More is just TOO MUCH. I don't hate, I just tell the truth. I love watching Rondo show his stuff. I just wish he were on another team where he wouldn't keep hurting my teams chemistry and their chances of consistantly wining. Remember, THIS YEAR is his first as the proclaimed TEAM LEADER. His shoulders have proven too scrawny to hold such a big load. Bad decision by Doc and Danny to put this on him. 

Thanks for the detailed answer, Rally! I get your point now and agree with your statements.

But i also think it's not all on Rondo. Kobe Bryant needed Phil Jackson to keep him in check, KB is a great player but when he's out of control he becomes just a shot chucker. So maybe Rondo needs the teammates that suit better to his playing style.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Thanks for the detailed answer, Rally! I get your point now and agree with your statements.

But i also think it's not all on Rondo. Kobe Bryant needed Phil Jackson to keep him in check, KB is a great player but when he's out of control he becomes just a shot chucker. So maybe Rondo needs the teammates that suit better to his playing style.

Unfortunately, I think he would have the same problems with any team where there is a coach with a "palyers' coach" mentality. Not that I don't like DOC because I love his approach with most of the guys, BUT I actually think Doc's "players' coach" style only contributes to Rondo's demise with this group. You don't keep giving a spoiled child what they want just because they want it, right? So why did he/they give RR the keys to the kingdom when he meerly needed some consistant tough love? Is it because they all know that he is a head case that can't be satisfied unless he is dubbed the leader and "QB"? You do know he was an amazing QB in high school, don't you? It all makes so much sense.  Its his parents and Coaches who made this guy feel the way he does about himself and his abilities. Ask the folks at UK.....they were glad to see him go is all we hear.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

the rondo bashing is completely out of control. having some issues with his game is a far cry from declaring him a cancer or saying this team is better off without him. absurd. doc rovers coaches this team and is responsible for how they play. rondo has had his problems this year, but at least a portion of them can be directly related to the team as a whole - a team which has yet to find an actual identity.

to pick on a 26 year old kid who is also a well-deserved four time all star (and eastern conf starter this year) because the two team leaders and the coach declared it was his team is ridiculous. rondo is this team's best player and anyone with any knowledge of the NBA would agree with that. every credible source associated with the NBA ranks him in the top five at his position and in the top twenty overall in the NBA. he is the best faciliator in the game.

all this positing about his "attitude" is also a joke. the guy has argued with some refs and ray allen (the egomaniac good guy) was pissed because he wasn't getting the ball every time he demanded it and rondo's a bad guy? by all acounts rondo is a hyper competitive guy who is a bit of an odd duck. he's not crazy about the media and he's headstrong. no one out of the celtics camp has ever suggested that he is a bad guy. he's not getting arrested. does he need to be kept in check a little more? maybe. he's turned the ball over too much this year and his on ball defense has been lacking. there's been a pace problems with this team and some of it mnay have to do with rondo dominating the ball too much and not pushing it up the floor as much as he should. that's why there are coaches. the coach tells the players the style he wan't to play and they excecute it. doesn't seem like doc has had any issues with rondo this year at all. 

if this team plays better and freer (which remains to be seen) because they share the ball better than shame on doc for not reeling in rondo more. this team should have been running more and playing faster anyway. rondo shares in the fault but so does rivers, pierce, and garnett. and the team's defensive rotation woes (which affect rondo's man d) are doc's responsibility too. ainge also has to share in the team's biggest issues, which revolve around a dearth of quality big men. the lack of a shot blocker other than garnett and the lack of enough bigs to compete on the boards with most teams is directly related to the personnel they have. they simply do not have enough low post offesnse or defense and players like brando bass and collins cannot get it done. 

rondo has not controlled jason terry's poor shooting, brandon bass' poor play, jared sullinger's foul trouble, courtney lee's offensive issues, jeff green's wild inconsistencies, pierce and garnett's age and attendant limitations, wilcox's health, darko's departure, colllins' and complete lack of talent, or the other issues that have plagued the team. he deserves his portion of blame for the team's lack of success, no more no less. rondo needs to be more aggressive on the offensive end night in and night out; he needs to improve his free throw shooting. he is 26 years old and one step away from being the best pg in the league. he may never be a derrick rose or chris paul; his game may never get as fully rounded as these two elite players, but he is a unique talent with a special blend of skills.

clearly, rajon rondo is one of the most misunderstood athletes in recent boston sports history. it's not that some of the criticism against him is not valid; it's the share of the blame he is receiving that is completely out of whack with reality. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to bt33's comment:

the rondo bashing is completely out of control. having some issues with his game is a far cry from declaring him a cancer or saying this team is better off without him. absurd. doc rovers coaches this team and is responsible for how they play. rondo has had his problems this year, but at least a portion of them can be directly related to the team as a whole - a team which has yet to find an actual identity.

to pick on a 26 year old kid who is also a well-deserved four time all star (and eastern conf starter this year) because the two team leaders and the coach declared it was his team is ridiculous. rondo is this team's best player and anyone with any knowledge of the NBA would agree with that. every credible source associated with the NBA ranks him in the top five at his position and in the top twenty overall in the NBA. he is the best faciliator in the game.

all this positing about his "attitude" is also a joke. the guy has argued with some refs and ray allen (the egomaniac good guy) was pissed because he wasn't getting the ball every time he demanded it and rondo's a bad guy? by all acounts rondo is a hyper competitive guy who is a bit of an odd duck. he's not crazy about the media and he's headstrong. no one out of the celtics camp has ever suggested that he is a bad guy. he's not getting arrested. does he need to be kept in check a little more? maybe. he's turned the ball over too much this year and his on ball defense has been lacking. there's been a pace problems with this team and some of it mnay have to do with rondo dominating the ball too much and not pushing it up the floor as much as he should. that's why there are coaches. the coach tells the players the style he wan't to play and they excecute it. doesn't seem like doc has had any issues with rondo this year at all. 

if this team plays better and freer (which remains to be seen) because they share the ball better than shame on doc for not reeling in rondo more. this team should have been running more and playing faster anyway. rondo shares in the fault but so does rivers, pierce, and garnett. and the team's defensive rotation woes (which affect rondo's man d) are doc's responsibility too. ainge also has to share in the team's biggest issues, which revolve around a dearth of quality big men. the lack of a shot blocker other than garnett and the lack of enough bigs to compete on the boards with most teams is directly related to the personnel they have. they simply do not have enough low post offesnse or defense and players like brando bass and collins cannot get it done. 

rondo has not controlled jason terry's poor shooting, brandon bass' poor play, jared sullinger's foul trouble, courtney lee's offensive issues, jeff green's wild inconsistencies, pierce and garnett's age and attendant limitations, wilcox's health, darko's departure, colllins' and complete lack of talent, or the other issues that have plagued the team. he deserves his portion of blame for the team's lack of success, no more no less. rondo needs to be more aggressive on the offensive end night in and night out; he needs to improve his free throw shooting. he is 26 years old and one step away from being the best pg in the league. he may never be a derrick rose or chris paul; his game may never get as fully rounded as these two elite players, but he is a unique talent with a special blend of skills.

clearly, rajon rondo is one of the most misunderstood athletes in recent boston sports history. it's not that some of the criticism against him is not valid; it's the share of the blame he is receiving that is completely out of whack with reality. 

You simply don't make this guy the center peice to your team or its team leader. Everything you said here validates exactly that. THANKS! 

Sections
Shortcuts