Rondo -- we need you now!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Rondo -- we need you now!!!!

I, for one, have been part of the polarizing discussion of Rondo's role with the Celtics.  However, I know we need him and are a much better team when he is "on his game" (on his game).

Right now (and lately), I don't see the same Rondo that I saw earlier in the season (seems off his game).  I see the same Baby.  I see the same Ray.  I see the same Pierce (other than his 2 week period of nagging injuries).  Where is the Rondo from earlier in the seaon?  He had Rondo-like games against Miami and Golden State but he's just not been as "spectacular".  He's been, to say the least, average!  He's not shooting alot so his scoring is inconsistent and his assist numbers have dropped.

Is Rondo dealing with the loss of his buddy Perk?  Is Rondo's confidence waning by Delonte returning and being integrated with the Big 3 down the stretch like last night?  Is Rondo psyched out by all the talk of the big name PGs joining the Eastern Conference (DWill and possibly CP3 soon)?  Is Rondo hurt or ailing?

Or is he in "cruise control" for awhile, not to worry?

Something doesn't seem right with him and I'm not sure if it's physical or mental.  This is not about having ONE BAD GAME.  This is what I've seen from Rondo lately.

We've had personnel issues but the players who he's played alongside have been consistent, pretty much, for the entire season.

Whatever the reason, I cannot wait to see him get aggressive again and put pressure on his opponent.  Maybe with Devin Harris coming up tomorrow, he will get back to that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Rondo -- we need you now!!!!

Personally I think Rondo needs a break. If Ainge can land Ford. Iwould like to see West start some games and finish some games. I think Rondo is a little beat up.

When you have a team that has more guys that can score, hit jumpers, etc, it makes Rondo's weaknesses more glaring.  The good thing for him is it gives him more freedom to find guys in different spots. You can run pick and roll with Krstic and Krstic can step out and hit a 12 ft jumper. So now the help cannot help...we couldn't do that for Perk. The lane would shut down because they didn't respect Perk as a perimeter player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Could be with Delonte playing so well, it magnifies the things Rondo don't do well.  If teams guarded West the way they guard Rondo, he would score 40 every game. Rondo is not a scorer, so he has to really be on his game to help the Celtics win, and lately he has been very average, and an average Rondo is not good enough!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo -- we need you now!!!!:
    Personally I think Rondo needs a break. If Ainge can land Ford. Iwould like to see West start some games and finish some games. I think Rondo is a little beat up. When you have a team that has more guys that can score, hit jumpers, etc, it makes Rondo's weaknesses more glaring.  The good thing for him is it gives him more freedom to find guys in different spots. You can run pick and roll with Krstic and Krstic can step out and hit a 12 ft jumper. So now the help cannot help...we couldn't do that for Perk. The lane would shut down because they didn't respect Perk as a perimeter player.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Why do you think we need Ford, now that West is back and playing well. I just don't see the need for him!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I agree - West looks great.   No need for Ford.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo -- we need you now!!!!:
    I agree - West looks great.   No need for Ford.  
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Unless of course there is a injury and then there would be a great need for someone like Ford.  With  3 roster spots he would be a good addition.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

The reason that DWest looks great in part is because of the contrast with a non-shooting Rondo in the half court game.

I was surprised that doc took DWest out with a few minutes left last night and reinserted Rondo. At that point, it seemed like an odd substitution... particularly with the game under control and DWest and the team playing well.

Was it to save DWest... or maybe to somehow let Rondo know that he is still da man?

Could Rondo be heading south so to speak with changes in the wind?

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Rondo has been reported to have plantar fasciitis, pain in the heel of the foot that is painful and best treated with rest. If this is true, it's no wonder he is running and (particualrly) leaping less. Delonte West is a talented basketball player with a very complimentary skill set to Rondo, which is great for the team. Psychologically, Rondo is reported to be "stubborn", which can be good and bad. Sometimes stubborn is just an excuse to be lazy and not change when that is called for; othertimes it is a virtue when it relates to believing in oneself.  Rondo is not perfect (who is) so I know he is picked on too much on this board; but his stubborness can sometimes lead to 24 second shot violations (he just won't shoot sometimes) and that ain't good. Other than that, he's the starting point guard of the Celts, so I'm with him on the ride. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i'm not sure i agree that west looks all that great yet. i'm sure he'll get better, but i was hoping doc would get him out of there in the last few minutes and put rondo back in (yeah, i get that rondo can't shoot FTs, but there are ways around that). i just thought west took some very ill-advised shots and made some sloppy passes last night.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

coasting till the playoffs..like always. ill take it if he plays this postseason like he did the last 2.

Sections
Shortcuts