Rondo will be gone by Labor Day.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Rondo will be gone by Labor Day.......

In Response to Re: Rondo will be gone by Labor Day.......:
    [QUOTE]here we go again..Bill, uve lost credibility with me. you go back and forth more than almost everyone on this board.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]Forget my credibilty, would you build a team around a point guard that goes after the ref's on a regular basis ??? (PLAYOFF GAME)  Oh yea, can't shoot either !!!!!.... If Danny can get value/draft picks.... Then do it !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo will be gone by Labor Day....... :   So, does the TRUTH bother you ????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Hi,
    If this is truth, would you mind providing us with a link or some other proof?
    Thank you very much.

AK

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo will be gone by Labor Day....... : Forget my credibilty, would you build a team around a point guard that goes after the ref's on a regular basis ??? (PLAYOFF GAME)  Oh yea, can't shoot either !!!!!.... If Danny can get value/draft picks.... Then do it !!!!

Do you even have any idea who is under contract next year?  It would make absolutely no sense at all to get rid of rondo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo will be gone by Labor Day....... : nothing is perfect.  but you gripe about davis' size as being his downfall.  we traded for a guy who is shorter than davis and flat out INCAPABLE of playing ANY MINUTES at the 5 position , so there KG is, all 36 years old of him trying to do it with mirrors. if doc couldn't stand davis that badly and you had to get rid of him, then you had to play bass 20 minutes a game and GET ANOTHER FIVE, not 232 pound ryan hollins, but someone with some body mass to them. davis right now is playing starting five and he ran roy hibbert, who is 7-2 off the floor last night by beating him all over the floor.  he got his shot blocked a lot but was relentless and never quit, just like he never did here and got to the line a LOT, he was the only reason ORL was in that game at half time.  davis did not have a good shooting night yet shot better % than any other magic starter and jameer nelson is a crap stain of a point guard- they quit doing the pick and roll that got davis 8 FTA's in the first HALF.  and that's how orlando died- they went three happy and missed nearly all of them after davis was soo good drawing fouls in the first half, playing the FIVE POSITION. and then you have bass, turns up completely MIA in our first game vs. ATL, so badly that KG has to come over and try to stop josh smith after it's too late and he's already got his thing all wound up and rolling. the bottom line is that if you had to have bass then you HAD to get a competent LARGER SIZED veteran 5 who could do the smashing of the nba elite bigs that davis did.  danny did nothing.  bass is the SAME statistical and PER MINUTE rebounder than davis was last year and davis has been a BETTER rebounder per minute this year.  and the celts will not make it past the hawks.  if we had davis to do the dirty work and help seal the middle on help defense, things might be very different.  i'm not saying we'd go all the way for the cup, but at least KG could play against 4's instead of 5's and then trying to mop up bass's mess after being pushed around by 300 pound collins for half the game. there's a reason why bass has been a journey man.  and there is a reason why the magic wanted davis so badly- so dwight would never have to get F'd around with by him again- he gave dwight nightmares trying to get position. imagine KG trying to hassle bynum or duncan, marc gasol.  yup.  KG will end up with an injury or dead tired after 20 minutes of playing time in game 1, if KG had started out on josh smith, there is NO WAY that smith ends up with 22 and 18.  but then you let bass, 6-8 and 250 to get abused by the 6-11 300 pound collins. it's really funny/sad how everyone said nothing when davis was playing GREAT for us last year up until the patellar tendon injury, not a small injury and they say NOTHING this year but fake (because they're not true) that bass is such a better "athlete" yet is the same per minute rebounder davis was for us.  it's a joke. bass cost us game one.  he couldn't guard smith so he played hatchet man / ineffective defense on collins.  everything he touched turned up steaming pile of you know what and nobody says a word.  complete hypocrisy. just WATCH this guy play and get beyond the "he's a great athlete" CRAP and you'll see that he loves to get lost on picks, turn his head and his footwork leaves a lot to be desired of, on top of not being a consistent or prolific rebounder.  we got three, four more years of this coming?
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Come on, MAN! BBD is a tweener.....too small, no hops, to be a 5....too slow, no handle, limited mobiity to be a 4. Brandon is a better shooter, rebounder/leaper, defender, runs well, better compliment to Rondo and AB onthe break. Stop the love. BBD ain't walking through the door, THANK GOD!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo will be gone by Labor Day....... :   So, does the TRUTH bother you ????

You can't handle the TRUTH!!!

The truth is Rhondo is the best PG in the NBA.  I'll take a PG that adverages 12 Point and 12 Assists a game over any of the premadonna PGs that score 24 and get 6 Assists.  Those 12 assists add up to 22 point in case you are a new viewer of this game.  RR makes the C's go without him they are not even in the playoffs so I'll give him and game off for misbehavior.

Oh and the TRUTH will give you 36 point and 14 assist if he needs to and I'm not taking about Rhondo!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo will be gone by Labor Day....... : Forget my credibilty, would you build a team around a point guard that goes after the ref's on a regular basis ??? (PLAYOFF GAME)  Oh yea, can't shoot either !!!!!.... If Danny can get value/draft picks.... Then do it !!!!

would you build a team around a young, selfish small forward that wanted to be great, threw his team under the bus multiple times and oh yea, got kicked out of a pivotal playoff game?? 

dont forget we once had a very immature Paul Pierce, did you want to get rid of him too? im sure you did.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo will be gone by Labor Day....... : Not going to happen but I, too, would love it !!! Bynum & Howard are the 2 best BIG MEN in the game. We really haven't dominated under the boards since Parrish, McHale & Bird days. We are a good jump shooting team and have had some PGs who can dribble to the basket and/or make an assist but mostly to another to make a jump shot. Rondo is very good in many categories but still not in the class of Rose, Westbrook, Paul etc. in being able to score. Dominating Big Men are very hard to get. PGs are easier & look how A.Bradley has developed. What if we get Doc's son ! Would be nice to have +10 in rebounds for a change & also someone who can block 3-5 shots which also gives us a chance to retain the ball. Get Howard for Rondo. Yes Indeed. I live in SF Bay area...am I California Dreaming ???
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]
    The celtics under Doc,s leadership will be out rebounded most of the time.Doc does not believe the value of offensive rebound.The players are told to shoot e retrieve fast to avoid a fast break oportunity to the other team,so right there you lose 10-12 rebounds.D,ont blame the players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo will be gone by Labor Day....... : nothing is perfect.  but you gripe about davis' size as being his downfall.  we traded for a guy who is shorter than davis and flat out INCAPABLE of playing ANY MINUTES at the 5 position , so there KG is, all 36 years old of him trying to do it with mirrors. if doc couldn't stand davis that badly and you had to get rid of him, then you had to play bass 20 minutes a game and GET ANOTHER FIVE, not 232 pound ryan hollins, but someone with some body mass to them. davis right now is playing starting five and he ran roy hibbert, who is 7-2 off the floor last night by beating him all over the floor.  he got his shot blocked a lot but was relentless and never quit, just like he never did here and got to the line a LOT, he was the only reason ORL was in that game at half time.  davis did not have a good shooting night yet shot better % than any other magic starter and jameer nelson is a crap stain of a point guard- they quit doing the pick and roll that got davis 8 FTA's in the first HALF.  and that's how orlando died- they went three happy and missed nearly all of them after davis was soo good drawing fouls in the first half, playing the FIVE POSITION. and then you have bass, turns up completely MIA in our first game vs. ATL, so badly that KG has to come over and try to stop josh smith after it's too late and he's already got his thing all wound up and rolling. the bottom line is that if you had to have bass then you HAD to get a competent LARGER SIZED veteran 5 who could do the smashing of the nba elite bigs that davis did.  danny did nothing.  bass is the SAME statistical and PER MINUTE rebounder than davis was last year and davis has been a BETTER rebounder per minute this year.  and the celts will not make it past the hawks.  if we had davis to do the dirty work and help seal the middle on help defense, things might be very different.  i'm not saying we'd go all the way for the cup, but at least KG could play against 4's instead of 5's and then trying to mop up bass's mess after being pushed around by 300 pound collins for half the game. there's a reason why bass has been a journey man.  and there is a reason why the magic wanted davis so badly- so dwight would never have to get F'd around with by him again- he gave dwight nightmares trying to get position. imagine KG trying to hassle bynum or duncan, marc gasol.  yup.  KG will end up with an injury or dead tired after 20 minutes of playing time in game 1, if KG had started out on josh smith, there is NO WAY that smith ends up with 22 and 18.  but then you let bass, 6-8 and 250 to get abused by the 6-11 300 pound collins. it's really funny/sad how everyone said nothing when davis was playing GREAT for us last year up until the patellar tendon injury, not a small injury and they say NOTHING this year but fake (because they're not true) that bass is such a better "athlete" yet is the same per minute rebounder davis was for us.  it's a joke. bass cost us game one.  he couldn't guard smith so he played hatchet man / ineffective defense on collins.  everything he touched turned up steaming pile of you know what and nobody says a word.  complete hypocrisy. just WATCH this guy play and get beyond the "he's a great athlete" CRAP and you'll see that he loves to get lost on picks, turn his head and his footwork leaves a lot to be desired of, on top of not being a consistent or prolific rebounder.  we got three, four more years of this coming?
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]
    It is hard to believe that you really miss big baby Davis.Bass has been a plus to the celtics.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]I think its too early to forecast where Rondo will be on Labor Day.  Like PP said, it's one game and the series is not over.  Right now, Rondo will be a Celtic on Labor Day. I, for one, did not believe the headlines saying the Celtics would win this series in 5 games.  We've always had tough games with the Hawks, regular season and playoffs.  Rondo just made stealing one of the first two a little more difficult but I still believe we can win the series.  This team is quite capable of winning a playoff road game without Rondo and I expect them to accomplish that tonight. If Rondo had not blown up, Smith was going to the FT line for two shots with the Hawks up by 4 points.  There is nothing that suggests even then that the Celtics would pull the game out so let's not suggest Rondo costs us game one.  Our first quarter costs us game one. As for Rondo, if he doesn't come back in game 3 and totally dominate and lead us to victory and on to win the series, I then would think there is a high probability that you are right.  But even then we'd have to look at the performances of PP and KG and BB on this series.  It won't be all on Rondo's shoulders. Basically, the Celtics will not lose this series because of anything done thus far.  If PP or KG cannot be more productive, if the Celtics cannot start a game or close out a game stronger, if the Celtics bench doesn't provide more of a contribution, THOSE will be the reasons the Celtics lose this series - not Rondo getting tossed in game one and suspended for game two.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Rondo will be a Celtic beyond labor day... no doubt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo will be gone by Labor Day....... : would you build a team around a young, selfish small forward that wanted to be great, threw his team under the bus multiple times and oh yea, got kicked out of a pivotal playoff game??  dont forget we once had a very immature Paul Pierce, did you want to get rid of him too? im sure you did.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

When finally surrounded by quality talent..... CPP matured immediately and subdued his ego.

When surrounded by quality talent and mentors galore almost from the get-go, R9R has not.

The comparison of maturation levels between CPP and R9R could not posssibly be any starker.

And now, R9R is reduced to soiling his diapers and throwing tantrums... at refs... when unhappy.

That will come back to curse this franchise in ways that should make your head spin.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo will be gone by Labor Day....... : would you build a team around a young, selfish small forward that wanted to be great, threw his team under the bus multiple times and oh yea, got kicked out of a pivotal playoff game??  dont forget we once had a very immature Paul Pierce, did you want to get rid of him too? im sure you did.
    Jamez nobody is saying Rondo won't be here, but this is his second run in with a ref this year coupled with the bottle of water thrown at the video monitor playoff time last year.  It is a problem Rondo put his team in position to lose game one and game two, which is inexcusable unless he is mental patient and we know he is not.

I see what Rondo can do but you can't softsoap insubordinate behavior it is unacceptable.  His teammates bailed him out last night. If they lost this series due to his behavior he would never be forgiven. He needs to grow up right now.  He needs to show us now he can be like Paul Pierce immediately, it is time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo will be gone by Labor Day....... : When finally surrounded by quality talent..... CPP matured immediately and subdued his ego. When surrounded by quality talent and mentors galore almost from the get-go, R9R has not. The comparison of maturation levels between CPP and R9R could not posssibly be any starker. And now, R9R is reduced to soiling his diapers and throwing tantrums... at refs ... when unhappy. That will come back to curse this franchise in ways that should make your head spin. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Unidimensional argument.

Paul was also a jerk at times until he got surrounded by talent.  By then he was more advanced in his age and had faced a good bit of adversity.  He matured and adapted.  Despite my thinking so, Paul Pierce is not acknowledged as a top 10 player in the league at any time in his career.

Rondo is much younger, is a different personality and has started facing adversity lately.  I see him growing up.  You see him as soiling diapers.  Rondo has an as amazing a feel for the game as Paul Pierce.  He too will probably not be acknowledged as a top 10 player in the league at any time.  The Celts are fortunate to have him.

Having said that, it is possible that Rondo gets traded.  Danny will be looking to net a windfall from a desperate team that is a perfect fit for him.  Sacramento is the only team that comes to mind.

BTW, your belief of Rondo being a curse on this franchise makes me wonder if there is a Dud in Pud?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo will be gone by Labor Day....... : Unidimensional argument. Paul was also a jerk at times until he got surrounded by talent.  By then he was more advanced in his age and had faced a good bit of adversity.  He matured and adapted.  Despite my thinking so, Paul Pierce is not acknowledged as a top 10 player in the league at any time in his career. Rondo is much younger, is a different personality and has started facing adversity lately.  I see him growing up.  You see him as soiling diapers.  Rondo has an as amazing a feel for the game as Paul Pierce.  He too will probably not be acknowledged as a top 10 player in the league at any time.  The Celts are fortunate to have him. Having said that, it is possible that Rondo gets traded.  Danny will be looking to net a windfall from a desperate team that is a perfect fit for him.  Sacramento is the only team that comes to mind. BTW, your belief of Rondo being a curse on this franchise makes me wonder if there is a Dud in Pud?
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

Wow.. great line. I've always wondered if there isn't maybe an azz in prakazz.

Do you really think that the refs aren't going to retaliate against R9R and against his teammates too if these childish tantrums directed against referees continue?

Refs don't like to be humiliated. They will extract their pound of flesh.

Trust me on this.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Down by four and the hawks had the ball, but he cost us a win???? Really????  Try looking at the bench and the rest of the starters stinking it up!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo will be gone by Labor Day....... : Wow.. great line. I've always wondered if there isn't maybe an azz in prakazz.   Do you really think that the refs aren't going to retaliate against R9R and against his teammates too if these childish tantrums directed against referees continue? Refs don't like to be humiliated. They will extract their pound of flesh. Trust me on this. Pud

Pretty lame.

As for trusting your judgement, it is hard.  When you can't see the obvious mercurial brilliance in a player like Rondo, I can't put much credibility in your opinions.

BTW, it is good that you toned down the hyperbole a bit.  Now at least your material is tolerable for me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo will be gone by Labor Day....... : When finally surrounded by quality talent..... CPP matured immediately and subdued his ego. When surrounded by quality talent and mentors galore almost from the get-go, R9R has not. The comparison of maturation levels between CPP and R9R could not posssibly be any starker. And now, R9R is reduced to soiling his diapers and throwing tantrums... at refs ... when unhappy. That will come back to curse this franchise in ways that should make your head spin. Pud

thats not a good argument at all..you cant make excuses for one guys behavior just bc you like him, yet say the other (whom you ironically dislike) is inexusable.

your saying "paul was a jerk, but then he got what he wanted so he changed" ?? 

i wont say Rondo's behavior is ideal..he has a short fuse that gets him into trouble at times..but again, its very, VERY similar to another franchise Boston Celtics player that is now beloved by ALL and headed to the Hall of Fame.

the kids 26 and has already matured from where he was when he entered the league, guys didnt even wanna play with him 5 years ago, remember that?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Rondo made a big mistake, and now he has the rest of the playoffs to redeem himself. Patience is required with Rondo, and most often it is rewarded. Bass versus Baby is classic stability versus potential (and headaches) and the Cs brass went with stability. I liked Baby but he platuead last year because he became a prema donna as his attitude hurt his game. If Bass can just stay in his roll of hitting jumpers, playing good d (improved as the year has gone on) and grabbing boards, he'll be fine for the team. Avery is already over the playoff jitters, what a find this guy was by Danny.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ucantmakethisup. Show ucantmakethisup's posts

Rhondo is not perfect, but it's that head of his that you are so quick to complain about that makes him the astonishing, dazzling player that he is.  Yes, he's got physical gifts and skills, but the way he uses them!  That's what's amazing.  Take one step back and look at his mistakes in the context of everything he's done with and for the Celts.  

In Response to Rondo will be gone by Labor Day.......:
    [QUOTE]   Danny will not be building a team around a HEAD CASE point guard that can't shoot jumpers & foul shots !!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo will be gone by Labor Day....... : Pretty lame. As for trusting your judgement, it is hard.  When you can't see the obvious mercurial brilliance in a player like Rondo, I can't put much credibility in your opinions. BTW, it is good that you toned down the hyperbole a bit.  Now at least your material is tolerable for me.

Mercurial brilliance, indeed.

It was the little bantam hen chest bump that failed to amuse the ref two games ago.

Perhaps prakash  has been blinded by the light.

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo will be gone by Labor Day....... : thats not a good argument at all..you cant make excuses for one guys behavior just bc you like him, yet say the other (whom you ironically dislike) is inexusable. your saying "paul was a jerk, but then he got what he wanted so he changed" ??  i wont say Rondo's behavior is ideal..he has a short fuse that gets him into trouble at times..but again, its very, VERY similar to another franchise Boston Celtics player that is now beloved by ALL and headed to the Hall of Fame. the kids 26 and has already matured from where he was when he entered the league, guys didnt even wanna play with him 5 years ago, remember that?

I'm not making excuses for CPP.

Why don't you stop making excuses for R9R?

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ucantmakethisup. Show ucantmakethisup's posts

Rhondo is not perfect, but it's that head of his that you are so quick to complain about that makes him the astonishing, dazzling player that he is.  Yes, he's got physical gifts and skills, but the way he uses them!  That's what's amazing.  Take one step back and look at his mistakes in the context of everything he's done with and for the Celts.  

[QUOTE]   Danny will not be building a team around a HEAD CASE point guard that can't shoot jumpers & foul shots !!!!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo will be gone by Labor Day....... : Pretty lame. As for trusting your judgement, it is hard.  When you can't see the obvious mercurial brilliance in a player like Rondo, I can't put much credibility in your opinions. BTW, it is good that you toned down the hyperbole a bit.  Now at least your material is tolerable for me.

He actually made a Rondo-Kevorkian reference the other day.  You must have missed it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS75. Show RS75's posts

What Rondo did was inexcusable but so is the vitriol poured all over him by some on this board. I suppose most of you were disgusted by Pierce and Garnett getting thrown out of crucial games too, and vented your anger on them at those times!

As to the thread headline, we'll see.  Personally, I do not think Rondo will be traded.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

You ever tried comedy?  When did you ever speak with Danny to get his insight on such an absurd assertion?  Was it a meeting that the press is aware of or just one of your many fantasies?  While you are throwing slangs, such as HEAD CASE around, have you looked in the mirror and found the HEAD CASE you seek?  I can look at the games and see "the best point guard in the Association, bar none" but I can only imagine the limited mental appitude you possess based on your belligerent rhetoric.

As Always,

Sections
Shortcuts