Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Rondo

Win or lose the series, after last night I will no longer pay attention to, or even read, any posts bashing Rondo.  Is he the best PG in the league? Probably not.  Is his game absolutely unique?  Yes.  Does he have as much heart and guts as anyone in the NBA?  Yes.  I'll take his perceived flaws.  He's our and I love him.  (Mrs. Number6 has wanted to marry him for years. :-) )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NaturesCamo. Show NaturesCamo's posts

Re: Rondo

In Response to Rondo:
    [QUOTE]Win or lose the series, after last night I will no longer pay attention to, or even read, any posts bashing Rondo.  Is he the best PG in the league? Probably not.  Is his game absolutely unique?  Yes.  Does he have as much heart and guts as anyone in the NBA?  Yes.  I'll take his perceived flaws.  He's our and I love him.  (Mrs. Number6 has wanted to marry him for years. :-) )
    Posted by Number6Fan[/QUOTE]
    finally. all people do on here is bash Rondo. And i realize everyone has their flaws but come on, i think he's huge for the team, even when he doesn't score much, he's commanding the floor. So much heart. anyways, I liked your post

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Rondo rules, pure and simple.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Rondo:
    [QUOTE]Win or lose the series, after last night I will no longer pay attention to, or even read, any posts bashing Rondo.  Is he the best PG in the league? Probably not.  Is his game absolutely unique?  Yes.  Does he have as much heart and guts as anyone in the NBA?  Yes. 

I'll take his perceived flaws.  He's our and I love him.  (Mrs. Number6 has wanted to marry him for years. :-) )

Heart and guts????? Well sometimes yes, sometime no. It all depends.

Where was the heart/guts of our Barney Fife (now turned Robocop) PG after the Perkins trade?

BTW... sounds like maybe you and the Mrs would like a secret three some with Barney/Robocop since you both are hot for him.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

So Pud, you'd be happier with West running the point? 

Take your pick:  You can either have RR, a passer with no jump shot, or you can have West, a semi-talented shooter who turns the ball over on about 1/3 of his possessions.  Maybe you missed his two air balls last night, one of which led to a pretty quick fast break for points by Wade.

And Arroyo isn't the answer, Pud.  Rondo brings a lot more to the table than West does right now. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Rondo : Heart and guts????? Well sometimes yes, sometime no. It all depends. Where was the heart/guts of our Barney Fife (now turned Robocop) PG after the Perkins trade? BTW... sounds like maybe you and the Mrs would like a secret three some with Barney/Robocop since you both are hot for him. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    GO away.Crudder and runrunrun are playing circle games and need your jerky help.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]So Pud, you'd be happier with West running the point?  Take your pick:  You can either have RR, a passer with no jump shot, or you can have West, a semi-talented shooter who turns the ball over on about 1/3 of his possessions.  Maybe you missed his two air balls last night, one of which led to a pretty quick fast break for points by Wade. And Arroyo isn't the answer, Pud.  Rondo brings a lot more to the table than West does right now. 
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

The team plays better with West.

And yes... West will shoot air balls sometimes but he does shoot the ball, does spread the floor,  and unlike Rondo, he is fearless and he will make plays.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i call rondo "the one armed swordsman" now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Rondo may have swung the momentum with his heart and guts. All honest bashers will now give him some dues.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Rondo : Heart and guts????? Well sometimes yes, sometime no. It all depends. Where was the heart/guts of our Barney Fife (now turned Robocop) PG after the Perkins trade? BTW... sounds like maybe you and the Mrs would like a secret three some with Barney/Robocop since you both are hot for him. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

/>>ignore<<

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kytroll. Show kytroll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo : /> />ignore<<

I agree, and Susan probably agrees too. Only someone who hasn't been paying attention wouldn't notice Pud is also RicoMployee8Kyceltic. People are responding to someone making thousands of posts just to be anti-social. I guess he couldn't spend his whole life putting ants under magnifying glasses on sunny days.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Rondo showed true Celtic pride. I think everyone that is nicked up will play if Rondo suits up. Hey it may improve his shot. :-)

Rajon "True Grit" Rondo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I can't believe that ANYONE is still trying to deconstruct Rondo though thankfully the numbers are very small.  His pure heart and guts yesterday say more about him than anything else.  In case anyone was wondering, I think we all know now he is a true Celtic.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Rondo took all of his doubters out back behind the woodshed last night, and gave them a whooping. That heart is what seperates the Celtics from other contenders (minus the Grizzlies and Derrick Rose). Rondo has made me the proudest I have ever been as a fan. I could care less about his faults. You can't teach toughness and heart.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I am glad to have West around and even gladder to have Rondo around.

Let's hope they can both still play.

West may turn the ball over but he is a big play guy.  He like Rondo have elephant sized hearts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Yes they do... well said Concord!  In all this celebration for Rondo's MRI, I am waiting and hoping to hear the same for West.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I don't mean this to sound arrogant, but I think it takes a special understanding of the game to appreciate what Rondo does. That's why you hear the coaches and analysts, who are all former players, marvel about what he does for his team. The casual fan often sees a guy who can't shoot and writes him off.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]I can't believe that ANYONE is still trying to deconstruct Rondo though thankfully the numbers are very small.  His pure heart and guts yesterday say more about him than anything else.  In case anyone was wondering, I think we all know now he is a true Celtic.
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

exactly. he showed TRUE CELTIC HEART. and its crazy...for everyone that bashes the guy, i can guarantee that wen he went down like that everyone thought "there goes the season." shows that they hate him, but understand his importance. Rondo brought Celtics fans to their feet and played FOR THE TEAM. 

no selfishness, no quit, no arrogance. just a Celtic heart.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

The both bring their unique talents to the floor..Give the opposition a different look.. I like rondo giving full pressure yesterday..That is a unique talent..changes to whole confort zone for the heat..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ironceltic33. Show ironceltic33's posts

Rondo is a true Celtic. He came back after an injury that would put most guys out for at least a week or more. He bleeds green. End of story.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

What Rondo did last night (after the injury) was truly inspiring... how he was able to come out and play again is beyond my comprehension..

Up to that point, he wasnt having such a good game. After bending his arm in a way that makes us cover our eyes and scream "eeewwwwww""  he actually played much better than before the injury..

I dont know about the past or what he'll do in the future... but last night, how Rondo did what he did made me sit up and take notice.  He bought himself alot of benefits of the doubt for the future...   and maybe motivates the C's to put out and drive themselves harder ...  what a show

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

while rondo may have tremendous heart to come back from that awful injury, let us not forget that up until that point, he had played a HORRIBLE game.  he was INEPT on the offensive end in all forms of the game.  no shooting, NO aggressiveness, LOTS of turnovers.

so let us separate the issues, he was an airhead through the third quarter, killing the team with sloppy and un-agressive play.  then he somehow gets his head on straight after what i view to be a CHEAP SHOT by wade dragging him down like that.

rondo has great heart and spirit to come back from an injury like that in-game.  and somehow he did better afterwards with one arm than he did previously with two.  maybe he was angry.  i would have been. 

while this was a great celtic moment that can never be diminished, rondo will go about marginalizing himself again soon with listless and un-aggressive play.  it's a real shame.  he doesn't have to be like that.  look at a little pukqe like jj barea. i think rondo is faster than him.  look at all the havoc barea causes every time he's on the floor.  that's his job!@!  rondo could do the same thing.

and don't tell me that this team "doesn't need scoring" from the #1 position.  this year more than ever with age and injuries the scoring has come very difficultly (is that a word?) so much of the time.  the more rondo stirs the pot creating mismatches and up tempo scenarios, even if just for a stop and go where he burns his man, the more we win.  when rondo shows up and does the right thing for 82 games then maybe i'll become an unconditional fan.  for now i have to gird my loins for the next gaffe in aggressiveness that's almost surely coming up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

when rondo shows up and does the right thing for 82 games then maybe i'll become an unconditional fan.  for now i have to gird my loins for the next gaffe in aggressiveness that's almost surely coming up.

that's nice, acie. and when that inevitable blunder transpires you can always get some relief by showing everyone here your azz.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]when rondo shows up and does the right thing for 82 games then maybe i'll become an unconditional fan.  for now i have to gird my loins for the next gaffe in aggressiveness that's almost surely coming up. that's nice, acie. and when that inevitable blunder transpires you can always get some relief by showing everyone here your azz.

Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

-

I wish Bobby would tell acie that he should not feel so all alone:  everybody must get stoned.

And the one-armed point-guard shaker, he plays a bugle horn, com'on he said we'll make Thug Wade regret that he was born.

Sections
Shortcuts