Rondo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Rondo?

According to former ESPN scribe Chris Sheridan, Doc Rivers, fed up with being disrespected by point guard Rajon Rondo, attempted to fight the former Kentucky Wildcat after a game this past season.

Per Sheridan:

A source close to the Celtics tells Chris Sheridan of SheridanHoops.com that Rondo dropped an F-bomb on Rivers in the locker room during a team meeting, and Rivers went after Rondo and tried to fight him before the fracas was broken up.

Rondo has always had a bit of a ‘unique’ personality and this isn’t the first time he’s mouthed off (assuming he did) or created a bit of havoc with his actions, so it will certainly be interesting to see how this all plays out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: Rondo?

If this is true, it was either Rondo or Doc that had to go. Ainge probably told Doc he would try to move Rondo but couldn't assure him it would happen. So Doc wanted out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

If true, Rondo needs to go. Especially if Doc leaves the team and throws the pelutent one under the bus.  That makes a key player and a coach who left because of Rondo.  Good luck getting a new coach who knows he will need to compete with a self annointed anti-leader to direct the team.

Danny "waits too long" Ainge will lose more trade value in moving Rondo now.  Sometimes you just need to pull the trigger, as in one in the hand is better than two in the bush, otherwise we keeping taking steps backward.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Nobody can say when this incident happened.  It would help to know.  I heard Bob Ryan over a week ago saying he suspected that not coaching Rondo was one of the reasons for Doc wanting to leave.  Well I guess it was.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:
    [QUOTE]

None of this is true and Rondo would whip Rivers in less than a minute.   Doc I'm sure would agree and would never won't to spoil one of his 2000 dollar suits.  

Eldunker..

>"Now Rondo is the cause of Doc leaving more BS from Eldunker."

ummm.  I didn't write the articles, nor make the accusations.  I said IF true then...

> "Allen is a traitor and said he left to win a championship not that Rondo pushed him out"

a traitor!? What are you an 8 year old?!?  Of course he said he left to win a championship. Allen also made a number of vieled hints that he and Rondo were not on the same page and why would Allen want to cause a media controvery.  He's a man of class and took the high road.

> "Do you ever tell the truth Eldunker"

LOL.  So you're saying that the truth is... that in no way was friction between Rondo and Allen a contributory reason he left the Celtics,  and the truth is that the allegations (not mine) are not true because Doc would lose a fight and ruin his suit.  UMMMMKAY.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

None of this is true and Rondo would whip Rivers in less than a minute.   Doc I'm sure would agree and would never won't to spoil one of his 2000 dollar suits.  

Eldunker..

Now Rondo is the cause of Doc leaving more BS from Eldunker.

Allen is a traitor and said he left to win a championship not that Rondo pushed him out

Do you ever tell the truth Eldunker

Yo Darryl, sorry I missed you! I was actually in Boston for work when you shouted out here from Whitlows. I use to live in the Clarendon accross the street from the METRO and know Whitlows very well. I wil shout out when I actually hit DC this summer, should be soon. First one's on me.  

Now then, RR needed to go even before we heard abou this. I KNOW I KNOW! same old me hatin' on Rondo. Nope, just know what I see. He's a mess, and we need to get something for him before he gets back. I know value is low right now, but we still gotta do it. He will WRECK any team chemistry for any new guys. Peace!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I thought everyone was saying Rondo was Doc's boy and that the problem was Doc let Rondo do anything he wanted.  Now we here that Doc wanted to beat Rondo up.

Just lets you know how little posters here know about what really is going on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I think you got it mixed up.

Nobody says Rondo was Doc's boy.  

Rondo did what he wanted because he refused to listen to Doc.  If anything, Doc was forced to be Rondo's boy, so to speak.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

I thought everyone was saying Rondo was Doc's boy and that the problem was Doc let Rondo do anything he wanted.  Now we here that Doc wanted to beat Rondo up.

No, Doc had no authority over Rondo and therefore he was Rondos bytch. Now its starting to leak. Regardless, he needed to go long ago and hopefully he will, regardless of what happens with DOC. But, thats just me, the labelled "Rondo Hater"

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Nothing new. Of course Rondo is hard to coach. That much was clear to us fans just from watching him during games.  He is an enigma. He is immature. Lazy attitude. Played hard when he wanted to. He flies of the handle(ref incidents). No surprise story here. Didn't Allen leave as well due to Rondo issues.....Doc needs to go as does Rondo.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

[QUOTE]

Eldunker..

Allen left because Danny almost traded him before the trade deadline.  Allen's ego was too bruised to return to the C's. 

ummm.  I didn't write the articles, nor make the accusations.  I said IF true then...

> "Allen is a traitor and said he left to win a championship not that Rondo pushed him out"

a traitor!? What are you an 8 year old?!?  Of course he said he left to win a championship. Allen also made a number of vieled hints that he and Rondo were not on the same page and why would Allen want to cause a media controvery.  He's a man of class and took the high road.

LOL.  So you're saying that the truth is... that in no way was friction between Rondo and Allen a contributory reason he left the Celtics,  and the truth is that the allegations (not mine) are not true because Doc would lose a fight and ruin his suit.  UMMMMKAY.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

[QUOTE]

Eldunker..

Oops!  TO repeat, Allen left because his ego was bruised after Danny was willing to trade him.  It's very simple! Additionally, The C's realized they were a better team with Bradley's increased playing time.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Eldunker..

Allen is a traitor and said he left to win a championship not that Rondo pushed him out

Yo Darryl, sorry I missed you! I was actually in Boston for work when you shouted out here from Whitlows. I use to live in the Clarendon accross the street from the METRO and know Whitlows very well. I wil shout out when I actually hit DC this summer, should be soon. First one's on me.  

Now then, RR needed to go even before we heard abou this. I KNOW I KNOW! same old me hatin' on Rondo. Nope, just know what I see. He's a mess, and we need to get something for him before he gets back. I know value is low right now, but we still gotta do it. He will WRECK any team chemistry for any new guys. Peace!

Why would others not want to play with Rondo unless they have trouble getting open.  Isn't it obvious that KG and Paul benefitted from Rondo's passes.  Rondo teammates score.  The more they score, the more they earn.  WHere is the problem?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"That makes a key player and a coach who left because of Rondo"

Ray Allen left because of Lebron. Not hard to understand.

Doc wants to coach a contender, not a team in rebuilding mode that has NO SHOT at a title. 

Doc hasn't officially left yet but we know he's not the right coach for a rebuilding team anyhow. 

You don't push Rondo out the door to punish your own team. Ainge has always been open to trading Rondo for the right pieces. If he decides to trade him no matter what to honor your message board whining then he will get nothing in return. 

Just a heads up many of today's players are hard to coach. Howard and Chris Paul have gotten rid of multiple coaches. Now Doc wants to coach the very stubborn Chris Paul who has shown he has no problem pushing a coach out the door. 

You keep making up the idea that 'petulant' Rondo drives players and coaches away. That's your fantasy, and it's a fantasy. Yes he can be a pain. Think Bosh and Wade aren't a pain to coach sometimes? The best NBA coaches figure out how to work with the talent they have. 

Not whine about. You could learn from that example also. 

p.s. the "petulant" Rondo you describe was also in street clothes helping to coach the team from the sidelines in the playoffs because he wants to win so badly. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

The Rondo apologists scrambling now...  but no need to.. If that punk Rondo is the reason Doc wants out..I say hurrah!!! Thats one down, one more to go..

Doc couldnt control Rondo and its no wonder.. he has no business being a coach.. Had no experience prior to taking the Celtics job and it showed...

Now hes jumping at players for a fist fight..nice coaching style Doc..

Doc knows if KG isnt by his side, hes utterly worthless... KG keeps it together and has respect from the players.. Doc is a nobody, never won a title as a player or coach until the Big 3 let him ride their coattails. 

Im sure he jumped at Rondo knowing the team would intervene b4 he got his assk wupped

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Eldunker..

Ray is a 2 time NBA champion thanks to Rondo & Doc pushing forcing him out....

Ive noticed youre not very intelligent.. nothing personal

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Here's my hunch. I think Wyc has said enough is enough...clean up the messy PR.

I believe that if Ainge and Doc have had a real heart to heart talk about Rivers leaving then I think Rondo is moved. Ainge and Doc may not have a choice and Wyc said work it out, Doc may have said I will come back and coach BUT Rondo MUST go. I wouldn;t be surprised if Doc and Ainge say he's returning on Monday and on Thursday's draft...Rondo is moved or a PG is drafted.

Doce comes back, KG comes back, PP comes back and Rondo is moved at some point before the season in a S&T for a FA.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to ET27's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

Eldunker..

Why would others not want to play with Rondo unless they have trouble getting open.  Isn't it obvious that KG and Paul benefitted from Rondo's passes.  Rondo teammates score.  The more they score, the more they earn.  WHere is the problem?

The problem is between Rondo's ears. He has changed for the worse with the onset of "Rondo's Team". He cant lead. He doesnt know qhat that means. Chemistry will never exist with him trying to lead. Toxic. Gotta go.  Last years 0-8 to 8-0 said it all.  Get what they can. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

My guess is that R9R will be moved for future draft choices.

No team will give us anyone decent for our petulant PITA.

Can't blame them.

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kensfarvox. Show kensfarvox's posts

Rondo & KG are tied as my favorite players. If Rondo is the reason Doc wants to leave, and if KG is willing to sacrifice himself to the Clippers as a lure to get Doc out of here; well, the tie remains. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to kensfarvox's comment:

Rondo & KG are tied as my favorite players. If Rondo is the reason Doc wants to leave, and if KG is willing to sacrifice himself to the Clippers as a lure to get Doc out of here; well, the tie remains. 

Rondo is toxic. AI type toxic. DA has his hands FULL 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

The Rondo apologists scrambling now...  but no need to.. If that punk Rondo is the reason Doc wants out..I say hurrah!!! Thats one down, one more to go..

Doc couldnt control Rondo and its no wonder.. he has no business being a coach.. Had no experience prior to taking the Celtics job and it showed...

Now hes jumping at players for a fist fight..nice coaching style Doc..

Doc knows if KG isnt by his side, hes utterly worthless... KG keeps it together and has respect from the players.. Doc is a nobody, never won a title as a player or coach until the Big 3 let him ride their coattails. 

Im sure he jumped at Rondo knowing the team would intervene b4 he got his assk wupped

IN A NUTSHELL, Karl!  Hell, it woulda been harder to NOT WIN one championship than it was to win the one he did, with having those 3-HOF-ers! All DOC did was lead the pre game prayer. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

I AGREE ! 

NO ONE KNOWS MORE ABOUT WHAT THE CELTICS REALLY NEED TO DO THAN DANNY AINGE , WE'LL SEE ON THURSDAY NIGHT.....

DID I MENTION I'VE BEEN HAVING VIVID DREAMS OF VICTOR OLADIPO GETTING DRAFTED BY THE CELTICS ?

WOULDN'T SURPRISE ME AT ALL IF THE CELTICS PULL OFF A BLOCKBUSTER WITH PHOENIX FOR THE #5 PICK IF OLADIPO IS STILL ON THE BOARD.

IN DANNY I TRUST....

Sections
Shortcuts