Rondo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: Rondo?

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Here's my hunch. I think Wyc has said enough is enough...clean up the messy PR.

I believe that if Ainge and Doc have had a real heart to heart talk about Rivers leaving then I think Rondo is moved. Ainge and Doc may not have a choice and Wyc said work it out, Doc may have said I will come back and coach BUT Rondo MUST go. I wouldn;t be surprised if Doc and Ainge say he's returning on Monday and on Thursday's draft...Rondo is moved or a PG is drafted.

Doce comes back, KG comes back, PP comes back and Rondo is moved at some point before the season in a S&T for a FA.

And me and the other "Rondo Haters" get acknowledged for being the smart ones now? HA!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

In response to 37stories' comment:

I thought everyone was saying Rondo was Doc's boy and that the problem was Doc let Rondo do anything he wanted.  Now we here that Doc wanted to beat Rondo up.

Just lets you know how little posters here know about what really is going on.

I AGREE ! 

NO ONE KNOWS MORE ABOUT WHAT THE CELTICS REALLY NEED TO DO THAN DANNY AINGE , WE'LL SEE ON THURSDAY NIGHT.....

DID I MENTION I'VE BEEN HAVING VIVID DREAMS OF VICTOR OLADIPO GETTING DRAFTED BY THE CELTICS ?

WOULDN'T SURPRISE ME AT ALL IF THE CELTICS PULL OFF A BLOCKBUSTER WITH PHOENIX FOR THE #5 PICK IF OLADIPO IS STILL ON THE BOARD.

IN DANNY I TRUST....

Hey, dreaming about other men is kinda personal!  HAHA! Just couldnt help myself man......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Seems with each passing season the Rondo haters are vindicated more and more.. I betcha coach K didnt rerally want Rondo off the Olympic team cause he didnt have a shot... I bet it had something to do with chemistry...

Of course the love affair some here have with ROndo will never end..no matter how much he cursed Doc or ruined the team with diva ball... they just living in koolaid land and lost any objectivity  or maybe they just dont know any better

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I think you got it mixed up.

Nobody says Rondo was Doc's boy.  

Rondo did what he wanted because he refused to listen to Doc.  If anything, Doc was forced to be Rondo's boy, so to speak.

Oh all sorts of people have said that Doc and Rondo are close and that Doc babies him.

I am not sure how Doc could be "forced" to do anything. He has a contract.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Doc's leaving for the same reason Ray left  (RONDO's selfishness) and for those who can't remember, the team functioned better together when Rondo went out.  Why?  Because while they had less talent than Rondo, the played TOGETHER!   They didn't have enough fire power to overcome missing Rondo's talent AND Sully and Barbosa and Pierce getting old but for sure.  But, there's no denying Rondo is a head case/ball hog and while Doc cajoled and pleaded with Rondo to move the ball (anyone could see that), Rondo just walked it up and tried to make that one hero pass that got him an assist.

I would love to have seen Danny get a lot for Rondo but its likely too late now.  Everyone knows how much of a head case he is.  Upsdie is that his salary is low so maybe someone will do the trade.

I, for one, would rather see Rondo traded than to see Doc go.   If Chris Paul had taken that trade for rondo, many would be singing another tune about Doc's coaching as they'd see what happens when a good point guard actually listens to Doc the way Parker listens to Pop!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Lets all get mad about Rondo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to darrylfries' comment:

None of this is true and Rondo would whip Rivers in less than a minute.   Doc I'm sure would agree and would never won't to spoil one of his 2000 dollar suits.  

Eldunker..

Now Rondo is the cause of Doc leaving more BS from Eldunker.

Allen is a traitor and said he left to win a championship not that Rondo pushed him out

Do you ever tell the truth Eldunker

Ray is a 2 time NBA champion thanks to Rondo & Doc pushing forcing him out....

Ive noticed youre not very intelligent.. nothing personal

What happened to you?  You used to be a good poster.  Calling people names and fighting constantly.  Why engage those that you have personal disagreements with?  Who are you to judge people's intelligence on a board of mostly stupid opinions.  99% of what all of us say here is not relevant.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to PHX85014's comment:

I thought everyone was saying Rondo was Doc's boy and that the problem was Doc let Rondo do anything he wanted.  Now we here that Doc wanted to beat Rondo up.

Just lets you know how little posters here know about what really is going on.

I AGREE ! 

NO ONE KNOWS MORE ABOUT WHAT THE CELTICS REALLY NEED TO DO THAN DANNY AINGE , WE'LL SEE ON THURSDAY NIGHT.....

DID I MENTION I'VE BEEN HAVING VIVID DREAMS OF VICTOR OLADIPO GETTING DRAFTED BY THE CELTICS ?

WOULDN'T SURPRISE ME AT ALL IF THE CELTICS PULL OFF A BLOCKBUSTER WITH PHOENIX FOR THE #5 PICK IF OLADIPO IS STILL ON THE BOARD.

IN DANNY I TRUST....

Hey, dreaming about other men is kinda personal!  HAHA! Just couldnt help myself man......

Rondon't and Danny Strange.....they should both be gone!

NICE!!! That made me LOL, for sure!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jefflippa. Show Jefflippa's posts

Scapegoat? Rondo being thrown under the bus for Doc's bad behavior?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Jefflippa's comment:

Scapegoat? Rondo being thrown under the bus for Doc's bad behavior?

We've now seen Rondo interact/push/chest bump Refs MULTIPLE TIMES, seen and heard him interact with Ray and chase him away, heard that Rondo had to be shut down by Pierce for not listening to the coach at halftime, and seen him stubbornly hold the ball forever and not pass to others until HE wants to.  Then, after all that evidence, you still believe Rondo is being thrown under the bus, again, and he's not the culprit.   Perhaps you should think about this:

where there's smoke, there's fire.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Remember the story about Rondo breaking the TV when the team was watching tape?  This story falls into that category.

Wonder why Doc never benched Rondo when he didn't do what Doc wanted him to do? I can never recall  that happening and it woud have been the obvious thing to do.  This latest  incident casts aspersions as much on Doc's capabilities as it does on Rondo's.

If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the UP button

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Have updated my icon to reflect Celtic's new reality.  Don't expect to be changing it anytime soon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

The only problem with trading Rondo now is this story of Doc going after him is out there along with all the other stuff. Who wants to take that on? How can the C's rehab his reputation to even get a #1 pick for him?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

HEY GUYS- here's a thought- THEY BOTH NEED TO GO- neither are "good for a team"- rivers is pathetically inept and unless you have bill russell or larry bird on the team who are self coachers and can extend influence to the rest of the players, fuggeddaboutit.  doc is not a coach.  he's a pull string toy of 7 different rah rah phrases and they all don't work any more. 

ubumtu was his big invention- a hen's ear worth of snake oil. 

and this is rich- this latest PT barnum detail- doc wanted to fight rondo for being stubborn- DOC SPENT YEARS NOT COACHING RONDO- what do you expect?  tubby smith sat rondo's hiney down when he got out of control or his effort / basic competency ran dry.  doc and danny NEVER DID THAT- just handed the 50% FT shooter and flat liner of a jump shooter (unless it's all star weekend and he's competing against durant that is!) the starting job, minutes ad nauseaum, NO repurcussions for lousy defensive or offensive efforts.

get rid of both of these sad clowns and start over.  with rondo, don't rush it, BS him along like he's all that, showcase him and then trade him fast to whoever wants a problem they will regret.  maybe a good strict coach could make lemonade out of rondo the lemon, who knows.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

The only problem with trading Rondo now is this story of Doc going after him is out there along with all the other stuff. Who wants to take that on? How can the C's rehab his reputation to even get a #1 pick for him?

there are mind boggling trades in the modern NBA every season where head cases, flakes, flunkeys get traded around the league.  rondo is not untradeable.  dress him up, fluff him up, talk to him, make him seem a little approachable and some idiot GM will think "that's just what we need!" and offer a package.

i mean what the heck, if the clappers are making all this flap over an INEPT coach like doc rivers, i'm SURE someone will want to take on rondo.  if rondo's EFFORT was consistent game in, game out, and you could get him thinking = MAX CONTRACT = I HAVE TO HIT THAT JUMPER, then a team could end up with a heck of a player.  an expensive one with perhaps fleeting interest, the personality of rod strickland, but who better to do it than ANYBODY BUT US, eh?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Lets all get mad about Rondo.

We are snake, we are!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Good points brought up... Doc never used his power as HC to deter Rondo, never sitting him for a game or even a stretch... probably just kept begging him to play team ball while the Celtics lost and lost. A total waste as a coach.

Then he got the brain storm to annoint Rondo team leader!! THis is ROndos team now... KG & PP take a back seat for the little squirt... IF he wasnt a big enough head case before, wow....its now RONDAs team!!!

DOc created a monster which wsa always in the making but DOc fed it HGH and everything else under the sun to speed it along... what a disaster and Docs only way to cope with it was his phony attempt to fight ROnda...

DOc Rivers is not a good coach... KG is the coach of this team... how often have players, announcers, writers etc all chimed in that KG changed the culture of the Celtics??? Not DOc Rivers but KG! He brought the team together, demanded focus and intensity and hard practices etc.... only Doc allowed the diva to derail KGs fine coaching. Now Doc wants to bolt the C's cause hes over his head again and take coach KG with him to do his job again in LA..

Pray Doc is gone next season and then hope DA gets rid of Rondo right before Wyc fires him...

Bring Larry back to rebuild the organization and team...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

If Rondo is the problem then see if Atl who wants resign Smith then we'll give them Rondo and Terry and  Atls 1sts for Horford and L Williams and our 1st.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to darrylfries' comment:

None of this is true and Rondo would whip Rivers in less than a minute.   Doc I'm sure would agree and would never won't to spoil one of his 2000 dollar suits.  

Eldunker..

Now Rondo is the cause of Doc leaving more BS from Eldunker.

Allen is a traitor and said he left to win a championship not that Rondo pushed him out

Do you ever tell the truth Eldunker

Ray is a 2 time NBA champion thanks to Rondo & Doc pushing forcing him out....

Ive noticed youre not very intelligent.. nothing personal

What happened to you?  You used to be a good poster.  Calling people names and fighting constantly.  Why engage those that you have personal disagreements with?  Who are you to judge people's intelligence on a board of mostly stupid opinions.  99% of what all of us say here is not relevant.

Thanks for the compliment... now Ive evolved from a good poster into a great one.

Truthfully, I've found more satisfaction confronting idiots and speaking my mind than I did reading their nonsense and remaining quiet. Considering this is a message board about basketball and not life & death, with the exception of the importance morons like Fungus place on it... expressing myself more openly feels a lot better.

Regarding calling names, well I never used to but feel fighting fire with fire is ok here.. and it makes me feel good too.. really good. I'll make sure I go to confession so I can always reload free of past indiscretions

Take note that I discuss basketball free of personal comment with most...  not hard to be civil with civil people

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

re: last season.  enough blame  to  go around for everybody

http://www.celticstitletown.com/apps/blog/show/28968625-rondology-blame-game-aflame

If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the UP button

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

What a mess. The fix will likely not be easy or soon.

I just hope it will not another 20 years before the Celtics are relevant again.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Seems with each passing season the Rondo haters are vindicated more and more.. I betcha coach K didnt rerally want Rondo off the Olympic team cause he didnt have a shot... I bet it had something to do with chemistry...

Of course the love affair some here have with ROndo will never end..no matter how much he cursed Doc or ruined the team with diva ball... they just living in koolaid land and lost any objectivity  or maybe they just dont know any better

chemistry or just the insistence that basic competency, hustle, effort, individual defense, individual offense, team offense all be performed in a consistent manner, not the laissez faire rondo style.

now keep in mind that K is no stranger to ghost coaching the pro's on olympic teams- sure he can adjust his style to the lower volume that it has to be with pro players vs. college players.  that rondo is THE ONLY ONE EVER that he did not want on the team is a real eye opener. 

and look at some of the whackos he put up with- laettner to name one....

Sections
Shortcuts