RONDOCULOUS: WE HAVE A PG! FIRST CELT WITH 40+ AND 10 ASSISTS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Re: RONDO is GOING TO GO OFF ON LIN +THE KNICKS?

In Response to Re: RONDO is GOING TO GO OFF ON LIN +THE KNICKS?:
    In response to "Re: RONDO is GOING TO GO OFF ON LIN +THE KNICKS?": Have you watched Lin play? He is a quality PG. Good penetrator. Good shot. Great court vision. D is weak, but give the kid a chance to get some experience. He has performed extraordinarily well given the pressure and game play demand he has had to deal with. He will have his slumps and highs, but he will continue to improve and if you think he is a flash mirage, you don't know basketball my friend. How long has Rondo been in the league? Lin has a handfull of NBA games under his belt with everyone gunning for him every night. He'll hold his own against Rondo. But one wouls expect an...all star with 5 more years under his belt, playing at home will prevail in the matchup.
    Posted by elDunker2

I may be one of few, but it didn't appear Sunday like Lin held his own against Rondo in anything but turnovers! He's not even in the same category as "the best point guard in the Association, bar none!"

As Always,

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Re: RONDO is GOING TO GO OFF ON LIN +THE KNICKS?

In Response to Re: RONDO is GOING TO GO OFF ON LIN +THE KNICKS?:
    In Response to Re: RONDO is GOING TO GO OFF ON LIN +THE KNICKS? : The kid has a great attitude and takes full responsibility when he has a poor game. Mature beyond his years. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

And after Sunday's rivoting performance of his jack-'em-up-from-anywhere skills, he'll have plenty of time to take full responsibility for a poor game!

As Always,

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

Re: RONDOCULOUS: LEGLER PICKS RR AS 6TH BEST PG!

In Response to Re: RONDOCULOUS: LEGLER PICKS RR AS 6TH BEST PG!:
    In Response to Re: RONDOCULOUS: LEGLER PICKS RR AS 6TH BEST PG! : If that's Legler's list, he's stupid.  Parker is a top 5, first of all.  He's not even listed in your names above (behind Lowry, Lin, and Jennings, and Miller - PLEASE!  There's a reason the Spurs have the 3rd or 4th best record and he's the best player on the team.  Rubio has done nothing and everyone on this Board will take Kyrie Irving over Rubio any day of the week.  Rondo isn't given the right respect, either.  Silly list.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

i stand corrected... parker is where rubio was. he didnt put him higher for parker really isnt  a distributor. he's more of a pure scorer although he does average 11.4 assists over 48 minutes unlike jennings who is at a paltry 5.4 assists per 48. he really hates jennings. everyone says top 5 for parker but who would you bump off for him? he's not better than nash, rondo, westbrook or anyone of those guys. perhaps he's better than lowrie but look at the stats. legler also really likes jose calderon, he has the best turnover-assists ratio in the league, shoots it at a high level. jose's issue was his team's record. parker was 7th followed by lowry, irving and lawson. calderon is like #11.. then rubio, lin, kidd and others in that second tier.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: RONDOCULOUS: LEGLER PICKS RR AS 6TH BEST PG! : i stand corrected... parker is where rubio was. he didnt put him higher for parker really isnt  a distributor. he's more of a pure scorer although he does average 11.4 assists over 48 minutes unlike jennings who is at a paltry 5.4 assists per 48. he really hates jennings. everyone says top 5 for parker but who would you bump off for him? he's not better than nash, rondo, westbrook or anyone of those guys. perhaps he's better than lowrie but look at the stats. legler also really likes jose calderon, he has the best turnover-assists ratio in the league, shoots it at a high level. jose's issue was his team's record. parker was 7th followed by lowry, irving and lawson. calderon is like #11.. then rubio, lin, kidd and others in that second tier.
    Posted by CAPITALIST_AVENGER

Everyone has an opinion, but IMO, Parker is better than Nash.  Nash is living off reputation and assists, only.  He's not really a factor in key games and plays no D.   Parker is scoring better and dishing in key situations.  Look at Duncan's minutes, ginobli has been out most of the season and guess who is the Rock of Gibralter for that team with its top 5 record?  Parker.  That isn't better than Nash?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

In Response to Re: RONDOCULOUS: LEGLER PICKS RR AS 6TH BEST PG! : Everyone has an opinion, but IMO, Parker is better than Nash.  Nash is living off reputation and assists, only.  He's not really a factor in key games and plays no D.   Parker is scoring better and dishing in key situations.  Look at Duncan's minutes, ginobli has been out most of the season and guess who is the Rock of Gibralter for that team with its top 5 record?  Parker.  That isn't better than Nash?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life
    i personally would agree with ya. parker's personal issues with eva longoria has clouded some people's judgment about basketball in same way 20k sex partners clouded others' view about chamberlain's basketballl prowess. i say parjer is #5 followed by rondo and then nash at 7. rondo's lows are very low, his highs are stratospheric, there is no consistenter balance like a parker. you can always count on a minimal standard from a parker regardless of the opponent or situation

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

Re: RONDOCULOUS: WES WELKER SNICKERS AT RR'S HANDS

LUV rr, but jeez, this guy has the WORSE hands i have ever seen of anyone his height..period! talking at any level of competition i have watched. the man cant catch the ball and blows more layups due to the ball slipping out of his hands than anyone else also. first the knicks, he cant catch a perfectly thrown ball for an easy layup, then again last night, he can put the game away on another perfect pass by pp with absolutely noone around in his zip code and he flt out muffs it AGAIN! can't he dunk, does he care, does he practice these plays? i played high school ball and we would practice this non-stop.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Re: RONDOCULOUS: 18-17-20 as RONDO JIZZES LIN +THE KNICKS as PREDICTED!

In Response to Re: RONDOCULOUS: 18-17-20 as RONDO JIZZES LIN +THE KNICKS as PREDICTED!:
    Rondo - Wilt - Oscar .....Nice company for a bricklayer!
    Posted by Mployee8

Very, very true!!!

As Always,

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

Re: RONDOCULOUS:WHERE WAS RONDO LAST NIGHT?

LAST NIGHT was a classic schedule loss and no way could the old guys get up after back to back high pressure OT games. we needed him to take over and go for 30 or so, but rr just can't score on a consistent basis. he needs a lot of help. this could give danny a dilemma...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: RONDOCULOUS:WHERE WAS RONDO LAST NIGHT?:
    LAST NIGHT was a classic schedule loss and no way could the old guys get up after back to back high pressure OT games. we needed him to take over and go for 30 or so, but rr just can't score on a consistent basis. he needs a lot of help. this could give danny a dilemma...

what i like to see after Rondo's bad games is how he responds. we will see Friday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

In Response to Re: RONDOCULOUS:WHERE WAS RONDO LAST NIGHT? : what i like to see after Rondo's bad games is how he responds. we will see Friday.
    Posted by JamezHill24
    thats my point i guess. he will respond because pp, ray allen (no field goals made with only 2 points) and KG are going to all bring the intensity and energy and bring their A game. rr will be caught up in their energy not the other way around... period! he should be able to take over games like yesterday, that will make him a true top 5 point guard guy. everyone of the top 5 guys could have taken over and made yesterday closer or won the game.  games like yesterday reveal that rr is not a true independent superstar, he nneds a total collective to give glimpses. the other team must be distracted with others for his greatness to come out. if they focus solely on stopping him as with other stars, he's average at best

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: RONDOCULOUS:WHERE WAS RONDO LAST NIGHT? : thats my point i guess. he will respond because pp, ray allen (no field goals made with only 2 points) and KG are going to all bring the intensity and energy and bring their A game. rr will be caught up in their energy not the other way around... period! he should be able to take over games like yesterday, that will make him a true top 5 point guard guy. everyone of the top 5 guys could have taken over and made yesterday closer or won the game.  games like yesterday reveal that rr is not a true independent superstar, he nneds a total collective to give glimpses. the other team must be distracted with others for his greatness to come out. if they focus solely on stopping him as with other stars, he's average at best

Rondo is a moon, not a star. The Big Three are legit stars.  They generate energy.

R9R simply reflects their energy. Otherwise he is ice cold... lunar....

like last night when the Big Three were tired and generating little to nothing for Rondo to feed on.

The result.... Rondo was an inert, indifferent 26 year old playing much older.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

Re: RONDOCULOUS: RONDO DOMINATED PAUL AS HE USUALLY DOES OTHER ELITE PGs

HE CAME HE SAW, and right in the home of paul, he smacked down the man's wife,  took his belt to the man's kids and slept in the man's bed with his wife while banishing him to the basement. that what rr did to paul and thats y he is so tough to figure out, the greatest enigma in the history of sports. no other presumed good to great player has been such constant trade bait and has such a gap in his rankings. rr is ranked anywhere from ONE (amongst pGs to amongst the worst). some would trade him for a second and a journeyman and some want howard or bynum straight up for him only. last night i sy you just have to roll the dice again. he will get doggged by a brandon jennings more regularly than an elite guy should be but more often than not with the lights on, for all the marbles against the cream of the crop, he delivers a double double on offense while totally frustrating on defense the consensus top or top 3 pg in the league!

if u can figure out rr, give danny and doc a call!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: RONDOCULOUS: LEGLER PICKS RR AS 6TH BEST PG! : i personally would agree with ya. parker's personal issues with eva longoria has clouded some people's judgment about basketball in same way 20k sex partners clouded others' view about chamberlain's basketballl prowess. i say parjer is #5 followed by rondo and then nash at 7. rondo's lows are very low, his highs are stratospheric, there is no consistenter balance like a parker. you can always count on a minimal standard from a parker regardless of the opponent or situation

You think KOME will go for Wilts record with women?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

In Response to Re: RONDOCULOUS: LEGLER PICKS RR AS 6TH BEST PG! : You think KOME will go for Wilts record with women?
    Posted by OneOnOne
    well, far as i know wilt didnt rape anyone.. if it was just a grab and pound, kome wins hands down!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Re: RONDOCULOUS: RONDO DOMINATED PAUL AS HE USUALLY DOES OTHER ELITE PGs

In Response to Re: RONDOCULOUS: RONDO DOMINATED PAUL AS HE USUALLY DOES OTHER ELITE PGs:
    HE CAME HE SAW, and right in the home of paul, he smacked down the man's wife,  took his belt to the man's kids and slept in the man's bed with his wife while banishing him to the basement. that what rr did to paul and thats y he is so tough to figure out, the greatest enigma in the history of sports. no other presumed good to great player has been such constant trade bait and has such a gap in his rankings. rr is ranked anywhere from ONE (amongst pGs to amongst the worst). some would trade him for a second and a journeyman and some want howard or bynum straight up for him only. last night i sy you just have to roll the dice again. he will get doggged by a brandon jennings more regularly than an elite guy should be but more often than not with the lights on, for all the marbles against the cream of the crop, he delivers a double double on offense while totally frustrating on defense the consensus top or top 3 pg in the league! if u can figure out rr, give danny and doc a call!

He did, he really did.  My favorite moment of the Rondo assault on Paul was when Paul was trying to get physical with him and Rondo, in right left fashion, smacked aside Paul's arm and pilled a strike to Pierce down low for the bucket.

One by one (during this last stretch) he's been taking down the other point guards who get routinely ranked above him.  It's been a great thing to watch.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

Re: RONDOCULOUS: DOMINATED BY NATE... REALLY?

LIKE RONDO BUT AGAIN, THIS GUY IS STILL A KEY PART OF THE SUPPORT STAFF RATHER THAN THE  FEATURED or starring playa he should be. again, its about closing the game. rr has been great against elites as of late but the nates constantly give him a tough time. elite guys go for 30 last night even if nate gets his. . warriors did whatever they wanted, as nate penetrated at will with full impunity confidence and caused all kinds of havoc.  hate to say it but i would trade rondo for lin straight up.. well, perhaps with a first thrown in from the knicks. they need a rondo so melo can get more shots, we need a shoot-first pg esp in crunch time. we need a pg who can routinely beat his guy to score and can take the 3 and get his shots when he wants. we dont have that and have to keep working around it but games like last night just bring all the constancy stuff back to the forefront.

heard ainge say a first and tyler hansborough will get ray.. y isnt this done already?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

Re: RONDOCULOUS: ANOTHER 14 assiss, he is what he is!

at this point, i'm prepared to let rondo just be rondo. no more am i calling for him to be more aggressive offensively or wishing we had a different or better PG or whatever, he is what he is, it is what it is. lets just enjoy the magic that he is. let's just flow with what he does best, enjoy what he brings. shocked he's not leaduing the league in assists. i think he;s been in double figures for like the past 12 games or so. his defense has been improving. even after the big 3 are done, likely to not happen til after his present contract is over, lets just keep surrounding him with scorers. having someone to keep things flowing and keep the up the tempo has its place and being unselfish has its point. you want AB out there? i like him but he's likely to be starring in dooling's role for the rest of his career rather than ever be a star PG.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Re: RONDOCULOUS: ANOTHER 14 assiss, he is what he is!

In Response to Re: RONDOCULOUS: ANOTHER 14 assiss, he is what he is!:
    at this point, i'm prepared to let rondo just be rondo. no more am i calling for him to be more aggressive offensively or wishing we had a different or better PG or whatever, he is what he is, it is what it is. lets just enjoy the magic that he is. let's just flow with what he does best, enjoy what he brings. shocked he's not leaduing the league in assists. i think he;s been in double figures for like the past 12 games or so. his defense has been improving. even after the big 3 are done, likely to not happen til after his present contract is over, lets just keep surrounding him with scorers. having someone to keep things flowing and keep the up the tempo has its place and being unselfish has its point. you want AB out there? i like him but he's likely to be starring in dooling's role for the rest of his career rather than ever be a star PG.

Agreed.  Rondo is "the best point guard in the Association, bar none."

As Always,

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

Re: RONDOCULOUS: CAN WE PLAY EVERY GAME ON ABC from now on?

rondonow has 14 out of his 18 triple doubles under the lights of prime time or national tv. he seems to be a lot more assertive in scoring with the light. esp as of late, he's more content with being a facilatator and racking up the assists. would be great if he could go on a streak where he puts the ball in the basket or have 10 oer more points in 15 games straight. some double didgit scoring will make everyone's life a lot easier.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Re: RONDOCULOUS: CAN WE PLAY EVERY GAME ON ABC from now on?

In Response to Re: RONDOCULOUS: CAN WE PLAY EVERY GAME ON ABC from now on?:
    rondonow has 14 out of his 18 triple doubles under the lights of prime time or national tv. he seems to be a lot more assertive in scoring with the light. esp as of late, he's more content with being a facilatator and racking up the assists. would be great if he could go on a streak where he puts the ball in the basket or have 10 oer more points in 15 games straight. some double didgit scoring will make everyone's life a lot easier.

Would we all like to see Rondo score more?  Unequivocally, YES!  Does he need to score more to help his team win?  Not always.  Can he score at will against any defender?  Most certainly!  When the games get bigger and the need arises, Rondo will be there, health permitting.

As Always,

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: RONDOCULOUS: GREAT STATS BEHIND HIS GREATNESS

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/paul-flannery/2012/04/17/what-advanced-stats-tell-us-about-rajon-ro

simply amazing stats and presentation. what i took from it all is that rr is so unique that conventional stats do not tell the whole story. he's a guy that must actually be watched and studied within the context of his specific team to be appreciated. rr isn't the kind of cat who can show up on any court or with any team and be the superstar. he needs a specific skillset and certain kind of guys. yet with our team things change when he's with the big 3 and with guys who are more based around the hoop. the man goes with the flow. just clear out all the shooting stuff and appreciate what the man brings in terms of flow, creativity  and versatility. the man has SIX triple doubles, noone else has more than ONE. that says a lot! all the playoff games will be under the lights, i epect to see him make these playoffs his personal signature!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

Re: RONDOCULOUS: BREAKING +setting RECORDS!

1. RAJON led his 8th career playoff triple double, moving past LeBron into a tie for the fifth most in NBA history. It was Rondo's second triple-double this postseason.

2. RAJON assisted on seven of KG's goals in Game 1 against the 76ers, the most assists from one teammate to another this postseason. Rondo has now assisted on 25 of Garnett's 57 field goals in the playoffs, which is also the most assists to a teammate with the top-three combinations all wearing Celtics green. 

3. RAJON now has 1 fewer triple-double in the last 5 postseasons than the rest of the players in the league combined. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Re: RONDOCULOUS: BREAKING +setting RECORDS!

In Response to Re: RONDOCULOUS: BREAKING +setting RECORDS!:
    1. RAJON led his 8th career playoff triple double, moving past LeBron into a tie for the fifth most in NBA history. It was Rondo's second triple-double this postseason. 2. RAJON assisted on seven on KG's goals in Game 1 against the 76ers, the most assists from one teammate to another this postseason. Rondo has now assisted on 25 of Garnett's 57 field goals in the playoffs, which is also the most assists to a teammate with the top-three combinations all wearing Celtics green.  3. RAJON now has 1 fewer triple-double in the last 5 postseasons than the rest of the players in the league combined. 

Well said.

As Always,

Sections
Shortcuts