RONDO...HIS MOMENT OF TRUTH

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

RONDO...HIS MOMENT OF TRUTH

This next game will be the moment he either raises this team or sinks this team...there is a lot of pressure on him to come through!  If he does, then he will right the wrong...if he does not, then much commotion will continue about who he really is......he will be able to define himself in this one game!!!!!!! 

Good Luck!  May the force be with him! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: RONDO...HIS MOMENT OF TRUTH

In Response to RONDO...HIS MOMENT OF TRUTH:
    [QUOTE]This next game will be the moment he either raises this team or sinks this team...there is a lot of pressure on him to come through!  If he does, then he will right the wrong...if he does not, then much commotion will continue about who he really is......he will be able to define himself in this one game!!!!!!!  Good Luck!  May the force be with him! 
    Posted by Tabuckiss[/QUOTE]

This kid had nearly 500 NBA games under his belt so he has quite a track record to consider.

His play can range from utterly brilliant to  Gawd awful depending on the game, depending on his horoscope, his biorhythms, his mood levels, the # of snakes crawling around in his cranial vault, the heaviness of his monthly flow or some other factor known only to Buddha.

Whether Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde shows up for this particular game makes little to no difference in the overall scheme of things.

Love him or hate him, no one makes a fool out of you quicker than Rajon Rondo.

That you can count on.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueprint555. Show blueprint555's posts

Game 3 come saturday

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donquique. Show donquique's posts

Agree a 100 percent with Pud. Who knows which rondo will show. Praying for the Bulls playoff series near triple double Rondo to show up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Does it matter which Rondo shows up when the next game, the other one comes back..  Thats the problem, the coin toss  the C's go through each game with him

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: RONDO...HIS MOMENT OF TRUTH:
    [QUOTE]Does it matter which Rondo shows up when the next game, the other one comes back..  Thats the problem, the coin toss  the C's go through each game with him
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  Rondo has to play better and be consistent for the remainder of the playoffs in order for the Celtics to have any chance of advancing.  Just not sure that this will happen. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I guess I'm seeing this series differently than some others. Rondo has made mistakes for sure, but at least he left 100% of himself on the court. The 1 thing that has pizzed me off on Rondo was his leaving Bibby open twese (twice) in game 2 for Bibby to sink uncontested 3s....other than that, imperfect but at least giving it his all...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

On Rondo...

Does anyone doubt that this kid will get them the ball if they're open???

Well then, the problem lies elsewhere... maybe "the big 3?"

These guys have become spot shooters. Only Pierce can make his own shot and he's even money to be stripped of the ball in the process. It's nobody's fault. They're very slow and it's age, not heart or desire.

So, we're back to Rondo.

He has to make it all happen and it's a little different every night. Does he wait for them, or just go? This results in the wild inconsistency.

Personally, I'd like to see him just go and the rest of the guys follow. But Doc has those ideas about avoiding any "Olympics." You can do both, but the commitment has to made on the first.

When Tommy's Celtics were nearing their end he picked up an athletic squirrel named Charley Scott and told him to run it up. If they don't follow, shoot it yourself. It worked and they won it all in 76 with Silas and Nelson, of whom "the Pistol" said, "Those guys couldn't outrun the Mills Brothers."

This Miami team is the one we can beat. They walk it up.

Go Atlanta! I don't want to see Chicago.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Johnny, I trust you are high above court side. I remember that team in 76; all heart --- what Dave Cowens would do to KG (even in his prime) wouldn't be funny; hey, he handled Kareem in his prime.  My question for you if you would, is do you think Doc Rivers will let Rondo (and maybe Green) run up ahead and let it go like Tommy did  with Charlie Scott. I think the players love Doc's passion and will still play for him, but I just don't see him having the flexibility of mind to use the assets Danny got him effectively. Look at Kristic, the guy was playing inspired basketball when he got here, and now, (maybe because he never had learned about defensive rotations) looks like a beaten man, an outcast. Who is that on? Anyway, back to your point, the Celtics have looked much better breaking out on transitions all year, in game 1, etc. since that plays to Rondo's strength, and as you pointed out, away from the weaknesses of our veterans who have lost the quickness needed to make their own shots consistently.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

[QUOTE]On Rondo... Does anyone doubt that this kid will get them the ball if they're open??? Well then, the problem lies elsewhere... maybe "the big 3?" These guys have become spot shooters. Only Pierce can make his own shot and he's even money to be stripped of the ball in the process. It's nobody's fault. They're very slow and it's age, not heart or desire. So, we're back to Rondo. He has to make it all happen and it's a little different every night. Does he wait for them, or just go? This results in the wild inconsistency. Personally, I'd like to see him just go and the rest of the guys follow. But Doc has those ideas about avoiding any "Olympics." You can do both, but the commitment has to made on the first. When Tommy's Celtics were nearing their end he picked up an athletic squirrel named Charley Scott and told him to run it up. If they don't follow, shoot it yourself. It worked and they won it all in 76 with Silas and Nelson, of whom "the Pistol" said, "Those guys couldn't outrun the Mills Brothers." This Miami team is the one we can beat. They walk it up. Go Atlanta! I don't want to see Chicago.
    Posted by MrJohnnyMost[/QUOTE]
    solid post, mr. most. that's bringin' it.

i'm thinking / hoping if we can somehow get past this pesky issue of awesome miami athleticism, chicago's playoff inexperience in the advanced rounds will serve the celtics well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonFan87. Show BostonFan87's posts

Rondo needs to push the tempo and get the ball to the open man, but it really is going to come down to whether the big 3 can hit their shots consistently...it will be great if rondo can drive to the hoop on bibby/chalmers, since they both cant keep up with him...he needs to take advantage of that mismatch

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I honestly think the entire team needs to step it up. If Ray Allen and PP have another stinker, we can start thinking off-season. If even one of the big four fail to show up, its over.

yes, the pressure is definitely on Rondo to perform but please realize that he is only the PG. He can get the Ball to PP, KG and Ray Allen, that you can't question, he is a great passer. Its what they do with the rock that will matter.

PP and Ray Allen combined for a miserable 20 points 10 rebounds and 3 assists to go along with 2 turnovers. Not good enough. West and Green had more points, 21, then PP and Allen. if our big 4, as a collective group, do not show up game 3, we will be looking at an insurmountable 0-3 deficit.

When LeBron has almost as much points, 35, as KG PP and Allen combined, 36, you know that Rondo isn't the only reason we are down 0-2.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

[QUOTE]Johnny, I trust you are high above court side. I remember that team in 76; all heart --- what Dave Cowens would do to KG (even in his prime) wouldn't be funny; hey, he handled Kareem in his prime.  My question for you if you would, is do you think Doc Rivers will let Rondo (and maybe Green) run up ahead and let it go like Tommy did  with Charlie Scott. I think the players love Doc's passion and will still play for him, but I just don't see him having the flexibility of mind to use the assets Danny got him effectively. Look at Kristic, the guy was playing inspired basketball when he got here, and now, (maybe because he never had learned about defensive rotations) looks like a beaten man, an outcast. Who is that on? Anyway, back to your point, the Celtics have looked much better breaking out on transitions all year, in game 1, etc. since that plays to Rondo's strength, and as you pointed out, away from the weaknesses of our veterans who have lost the quickness needed to make their own shots consistently.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

I don't think Doc will ever do that (the Olympics quote) and I'm not even sure he should. Pierce has been known to just watch (game 2) or even turn his back (game 6 last years finals, just before the half) if he's unhappy. We need him, so it's up to Rondo to pick his spots and there's our inconsistency. We can beat this team but Rondo will have to be general, commando, weatherman, and psychologist.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]I honestly think the entire team needs to step it up. If Ray Allen and PP have another stinker, we can start thinking off-season. If even one of the big four fail to show up, its over. yes, the pressure is definitely on Rondo to perform but please realize that he is only the PG. He can get the Ball to PP, KG and Ray Allen, that you can't question, he is a great passer. Its what they do with the rock that will matter. PP and Ray Allen combined for a miserable 20 points 10 rebounds and 3 assists to go along with 2 turnovers. Not good enough. West and Green had more points, 21, then PP and Allen. if our big 4, as a collective group, do not show up game 3, we will be looking at an insurmountable 0-3 deficit. When LeBron has almost as much points, 35, as KG PP and Allen combined, 36, you know that Rondo isn't the only reason we are down 0-2.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely right. miami is good; the big 4 all have to play well in order for us to have a chance. In terms of points you want KG, RA and PP to have around 55-60 points combined.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pud,

For you to concede Rondo can be utterly brilliant is for me a step forward.  I will concede that you are 100% right that we do not know what Rondo will show up game to game. Last year in the playoffs he showed up enough that he was a real force.  What's happened so far this playoffs season with Rondo has us holding our breath and you have nailed the biggest issue this team faces.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

According to the "Association" Rondo and Perk were BF on the road...so maybe when he was in Miami, he was really missing Perk and couldn't shake it....
    Now that he is home, he may very well surprise us and do his damage! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

WITHOUT Shaq, Rondo needs to play his brains out for us to win.  WITH Shaq on the floor, we can perservere a substandard Rondo. 

Shaq, with his basic presence and both tangible and intangible contributions, is our key to playoff success more than Rondo.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Rondo will have many more game/playoff moments to define his career. This is Garnett and Allen's last real shot to go down with style. If the Big 3 don't make the shots, Rondo's play is almost irrelevant. I will say, if good Rondo and the big three are all flowing, Miami is going to be in for one long weekend.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]On Rondo... Does anyone doubt that this kid will get them the ball if they're open??? Well then, the problem lies elsewhere... maybe "the big 3?" These guys have become spot shooters. Only Pierce can make his own shot and he's even money to be stripped of the ball in the process. It's nobody's fault. They're very slow and it's age, not heart or desire. So, we're back to Rondo. He has to make it all happen and it's a little different every night. Does he wait for them, or just go? This results in the wild inconsistency. Personally, I'd like to see him just go and the rest of the guys follow. But Doc has those ideas about avoiding any "Olympics." You can do both, but the commitment has to made on the first. When Tommy's Celtics were nearing their end he picked up an athletic squirrel named Charley Scott and told him to run it up. If they don't follow, shoot it yourself. It worked and they won it all in 76 with Silas and Nelson, of whom "the Pistol" said, "Those guys couldn't outrun the Mills Brothers." This Miami team is the one we can beat. They walk it up. Go Atlanta! I don't want to see Chicago.
    Posted by MrJohnnyMost[/QUOTE]

Well, JohnnyMost, I agree with a lot of your points, but there are one or two points I'd like to challenge in your post:

1. Miami is not a walk it up team.  Miami lives and thrives off of steals and fast breaks.  When we hit a shot and when we get back on D, they HAVE to walk it up, but in general - they LOVE to make a steal and run. 

2. Yes, I do doubt that if one of the big 3 is open, Rondo may or may not get them the ball.  That's the problem with Rondo.  how many times have we seen him start throwing the hero passes rather than giving the ball to someone who's one pass away and open?  How many times is that pass stolen?  Sometimes he's great and sometimes he's into throwing terrible passes.  How many times have we seen him hold the ball (especially at the end of a quarter) and not get the ball to Paul nor Ray, holding it so long that he has to take a terrible end of quarter desperation shot?  Rondo does NOT always know when to drive and when to pass.  When he does that well, he's great.  When he doesn't, he's hurting the team.

3. This team was built with a TEAM concept.  That means each player plays a role.  They are BUILT with the idea that our point guard is not a Rose type scorer.  he's supposed to get the ball to others int he right spot and call the right play.  So, he's not a hero - he's only doing what the Coach asked him to do when he passes.  

I agree that the problem with the Big 3 is not heart nor desire, but I do think its just a matter of a bad game and folks are too down on them for that.  Ray had 25 points in Game 1 - shot GREAT in the games against NY Knicks, and is shooting something like 60%% from 3 point land in the playoffs.  He has one bad game and all of a sudden, fans want to bench him and say he's too old.  He had ONE BAD GAME FOLKS!!!!!!   Remember Game one?  Remember the knicks series?

KG had a bad game 1.  So he and Ray did not have a good game together.  Rondo and Pierce are the ones who haven't played great ball either game.  We need to get 2 or 3 of the 4 playing well in one game and this whole thing turns around.   So, I am with you that we can turn this around at home and win the next two games with only a few adjustments - one of them being Mr Rondo making smart passes with few turnovers and being aggressive.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RONDO...HIS MOMENT OF TRUTH : Well, JohnnyMost, I agree with a lot of your points, but there are one or two points I'd like to challenge in your post: 1. Miami is not a walk it up team.  Miami lives and thrives off of steals and fast breaks.  When we hit a shot and when we get back on D, they HAVE to walk it up, but in general - they LOVE to make a steal and run.  2. Yes, I do doubt that if one of the big 3 is open, Rondo may or may not get them the ball.  That's the problem with Rondo.  how many times have we seen him start throwing the hero passes rather than giving the ball to someone who's one pass away and open?  How many times is that pass stolen?  Sometimes he's great and sometimes he's into throwing terrible passes.  How many times have we seen him hold the ball (especially at the end of a quarter) and not get the ball to Paul nor Ray, holding it so long that he has to take a terrible end of quarter desperation shot?  Rondo does NOT always know when to drive and when to pass.  When he does that well, he's great.  When he doesn't, he's hurting the team. 3. This team was built with a TEAM concept.  That means each player plays a role.  They are BUILT with the idea that our point guard is not a Rose type scorer.  he's supposed to get the ball to others int he right spot and call the right play.  So, he's not a hero - he's only doing what the Coach asked him to do when he passes.   I agree that the problem with the Big 3 is not heart nor desire, but I do think its just a matter of a bad game and folks are too down on them for that.  Ray had 25 points in Game 1 - shot GREAT in the games against NY Knicks, and is shooting something like 60%% from 3 point land in the playoffs.  He has one bad game and all of a sudden, fans want to bench him and say he's too old.  He had ONE BAD GAME FOLKS!!!!!!   Remember Game one?  Remember the knicks series? KG had a bad game 1.  So he and Ray did not have a good game together.  Rondo and Pierce are the ones who haven't played great ball either game.  We need to get 2 or 3 of the 4 playing well in one game and this whole thing turns around.   So, I am with you that we can turn this around at home and win the next two games with only a few adjustments - one of them being Mr Rondo making smart passes with few turnovers and being aggressive.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Point 1- I think Miami should run, but they don't rebound well enough right now. Miami may be starting to figure out that they're better when Wade calls the tune and Lebron gets his in the flow. But when, if, it gets tight I look for them to stand and watch their superstars go one against the world.

Point 2 - We disagree. He wants to dish! Rondo plays probably more minutes than anyone and 3 or 4 turnovers is not bad. I think he probably has twice as many rebounds as turnovers. Throw in some steals and you're way ahead with this kid.

When to drive... well, that's the question isn't it. On a younger team, you'd say go. But these guys are so old they don't even follow their own shots. They need to get back on D and don't have enough juice to do both. So Rondo's errant drives bounce around the rim with no follow ups. Green is supposed to help here, but hasn't. Baby tries.

Point 3 TEAM... no disagreement here. They have had some bad games where good shots didn't fall. I believe they will, but if they don't it won't be Rondo's fault. It will be age and wobbly legs that does them in. Not this kid.

We win 2 at home and head to Miami with the wind at our back. Easy...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to RONDO...HIS MOMENT OF TRUTH:
    [QUOTE]This next game will be the moment he either raises this team or sinks this team...there is a lot of pressure on him to come through!  If he does, then he will right the wrong...if he does not, then much commotion will continue about who he really is......he will be able to define himself in this one game!!!!!!!  Good Luck!  May the force be with him! 
    Posted by Tabuckiss[/QUOTE]

Good call Tabuckiss, that did end up being his moment of truth, but with a good game tonight, he furhter cements his legacy,

as for Pud, another failure of a post from you, focusing on negatives about a player, which of course we can do with everyone....One thing is for sure, Rondo is clearly a better player than Kobe if you factor in Kobes fault as well...what clowns you guys are.....Pud and Dud that is...what a pair of jokers.  How is your boy Jack o matic doing on OKC.  Westbrook is who this team needed you guys said?!  the guys leading the league in turnovers and shots and bad decisions...lol and starting to p iss of Durant....great player there...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

I had no idea he was going upstage "wheelchair (aka PP)" and return to the stage with one arm!  If we go all the way, the MVP will be the doctor and trainer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

ITS ALL ABOUT 18! 

Sections
Shortcuts