Rondo's Assists

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Rondo's Assists

In Response to Re: Rondo's Assists:
    that is what I meant about major minutes and tired legs............also my wife just told me the guy on ESPN radio was Larry Bird......
    Posted by damfuno

Rondo likes to pound the ball into the floor until he has virtually assured himself of an assist and then when he passes the ball thinking he has an assist the shot is blocked or passed to someone like Krstic and therefore no assist.

That is why their points per game have not really gone down but Rondo's assists have gone down.

His assists were driven early in the season by having Shaq in the lineup and each and every injury hurts his assists... why?

Well he cannot shoot and therefore when he has plenty of guys that can shoot he gets assists and the more players that entire the lineup that cannot shoot he loses assists and the worst case scenario, players that he passes the ball to find better shots and make the extra pass and make him even less relevant.

When you compound this situation with Doc saying I want you to take the ball to the hole a lot more often and make jumpers, etc. and he cannot comply, his game fails.

Then add whatever ailments and psychological weaknesses he has and you have someone that scored ZERO last night.

As I have said any number of times if there was a complete player in the lineup all this time, none of this would be an issue.  If Kirk Hinrich would have been the point guard the last several years, none of this would ever even be discussed.

Early in the year it was 14 assists per game - 5 because of who he played with, 5 because he can't shoot and avoids shooting, and 4 because oh by the way he is a point guard.

Now the guys that he is playing with are tired and don't have great legs and their shooting percentage has gone down, he cannot shoot he cannot shoot he cannot shoot he cannot shoot he cannot shoot, 4 assists because he is a point guard. 

So now when he gets 8 assists we see what a decent point guard averages - what we don't want to admit to is that because he s ucks in just about every other phase of the game, he cannot put up 12 assists nor can he score.

Last night.... ZERO points.... about 20 less than decent point guards.......

Hurt?  Whatever.... 64 games into the season, never shoots, never goes to the hole, never makes free throws, never takes or makes threes, and cheats on defense by trying to make steals, etc.

Elite point guard....... gotta go change my depends again, sick and tired of it.... only so many are covered by insurance.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Early in the season and even on Team USA, Rondo always made that hard drive to the bucket, blowing by his defender for a layup..

Havent seen that   in a while... his layups have been more the horse variety and sometimes when he does get through, he doesnt put it up.

He may just be confuesed with his game and it could be Doc tinkering with him.... Docs idea Rondo should shoot isnt working out...  trying to turn Rondo into a player he isnt may be having an effect on his entire game..

We saw this happen with Nate... molding him into a PG where he just couldnt do it... and in the process Nate seemed to lose his shot too..

Maybe DOc should have been satisfied with the Rondo we had early in the season...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Early in the season and even on Team USA, Rondo always made that hard drive to the bucket, blowing by his defender for a layup.. Havent seen that   in a while... his layups have been more the horse variety and sometimes when he does get through, he doesnt put it up. He may just be confuesed with his game and it could be Doc tinkering with him.... Docs idea Rondo should shoot isnt working out...  trying to turn Rondo into a player he isnt may be having an effect on his entire game.. We saw this happen with Nate... molding him into a PG where he just couldnt do it... and in the process Nate seemed to lose his shot too.. Maybe DOc should have been satisfied with the Rondo we had early in the season...
    Posted by Karllost

Are you actually blaming Doc because Rondo can't shoot and it has affected the rest of his game?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I still believe that Rondo is injured and he needs to rest.  It would even be helpful for him not to play for a few games.  Maybe even playing reduced minutes for the remainder of the season could help. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]When Ray or KG go a combined 6-20..it is hard to get assists..

Yup. and when the allstars are on its EASY to get assists.

Can't have it both ways.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

that is what I meant about major minutes and tired legs............also my wife just told me the guy on ESPN radio was Larry Bird......
    Posted by damfuno

WHO IS LARRY BIRD?!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelitcsFoo. Show CelitcsFoo's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo's Assists : WHO IS LARRY BIRD?!
    Posted by beavis

Larry Bird is the guy who isn't walking through that door........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Rondo's Assists:
    ESPN had an interesting graph today that showed Rondo's assist average each month from the beginning of the season.........EVERY month it has gone down........I take from that two things.......with our age ....as the season wears on and with all the injuries our big 3 have had to play major minutes and their legs are at best partially worn down........and Rondo for whatever reason has also worn down and teams have used the Kobe defense which says leave him alone and double team the hot hand........I also heard on ESPN radio......not sure which ex Celtic it was but apparently it was Danny Ainge era and a good shooter........he was asked if he could help Rondo's shooting.......his answer yes but it would take a long time.......so don't ever count in the immediate future for Rondo to be a shooter......
    Posted by damfuno

Who cares if his assists have gone down - he still averages over 38 per game and the next closest guy, Steve Nash, only averages 11.3....

oh wait Rondo only averages 11.7 less than half an assist more than Nash - please remind me again how Rondo's strengths outweigh his weaknesses.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Wrong. back when doc told Rondo to be more aggressive, he was excelling. getting to the line more often, shooting more was WORKING. people were on here saying i like the new aggressive Rondo, hopefully he keeps it up. even Rondo Critic AcieMVP was seeing the POSITIVE change. nice try dudder, but its only been the last 3 weeks or so that he has slowed down and started playing as poorly as he has. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

and why is that BAD that he only leads the league by a little bit?? im confused..didnt think you could get bashed for being number 1. thats new.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

and why is that BAD that he only leads the league by a little bit?? im confused..didnt think you could get bashed for being number 1. thats new.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Ummmmm because posters / fans think his strengths outweigh his weaknesses - so for example he is barely better than his peers in a couple of categories and the worst in the league at a few others. 

Reading here you would believe that Rondo averages 38 assists per game and then there are a bunch of other guys averages around 10 and Rondo averages 17 steals per game with a bunch of other guys around two so that those two strengths somehow outweigh his weaknesses such as...

being the worst shooter in the league, being the worst free throw shooter in the league, one of the worst finishers in the league, the worst 3 point shooter in the league, etc.

So if one is barely better than his peers in a few categories and among the worst in many important cateegories how can that individual be considered elite at his position and how could his strengths outweigh his weaknesses.

Look at it this way:

Rondo gets an A+ in math and his peers get As and Bs

Rondo gets an A+ in science and his peers get As and Bs

Rondo's peers get As and Bs in history and Rondo fails

Rondo's peers get As and Bs in spelling and Rondo fails

Rondo's peers get As and Bs in geography and Rondo fails

Rondo's peers get As and Bs in social studies and Rondo fails

Add it all up and Rondo is elite and the best student..... that is the mindset here.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

... being the worst shooter in the league, being the worst free throw shooter in the league, one of the worst finishers in the league, the worst 3 point shooter in the league, etc.  
    Posted by TheDUDDER

someday dudder will realize that none of these claims are actually correct.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

You make up the dumbest arguments Dudder. Face it your a Rondo hater. That's pretty well established. Is he the best? Nope. He's 100% without question top 10 in the league at PG so what is your point? D Will CP3 and Rose are the best. Nash and Westbrook you could argue are marginally better. After that there is nobody.
    Posted by tompenny

Well, if I had my choice, in addition to the 5 names you listed, I would take Parker, Curry, Billups, Davis, Evens, Ellis, Harris, Jennings and Kidd over Rondo in a heartbeat.  Then Rondo would be a toss-up with Jameer Nelson, Mo Williams and a couple of other flawed PGs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo's Assists : Well, if I had my choice, in addition to the 5 names you listed, I would take Parker, Curry, Billups, Davis, Evens, Ellis, Harris, Jennings and Kidd over Rondo in a heartbeat.  Then Rondo would be a toss-up with Jameer Nelson, Mo Williams and a couple of other flawed PGs.
    Posted by Eldunker

Now we are talking.  Again gigantic flaws ignored and overrated stengths overrated....... any other way to view is just pure ignorance and homerism.

Somehow when Aaron Brooks lights up Rondo with 24 and 9 then Brooks is  a joke, etc.  Of course the offense would really s uck if they had a point guard that could shoot from anywhere on the floor and make 90% of his free throws.

The absolute laundry blindness with which people watch their teams with a complete lack of objectivity is pretty astonishing and incomprehensible,

Oh well better to be stupid and ignorant than correct I guess.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo's Assists : someday dudder will realize that none of these claims are actually correct.
    Posted by JamezHill24

let's see ... one's goal in life is to avoid shooting, avoid finishing, avoid getting to the line, avoid shooting 3s..... entire teams shoot better than 40%, entire teams shoot better than 75% from the line, entire teams shoot more than 48% from the field, Rondo does not of that.....  he also barely leads the league in steals and assists and does not lead the league in rebounds from the point guard position so somehow one is supposed to believe that given all of these facts Rondo is somehow an elite point guard.....

So none of these things about Rondo is true.....

Let's see a normal point guard views taking jumpers as part of his job description - Rondo avoids it - I guess we grade that as an Incomplete or failure to participate

Let's see a normal point guard views taking and making 3s at a reasonable rate as part of his job description - Rondo avoids it at all costs or we see that as an incomplete grade or failure to participate

Let's see a normal point guard takes about 5 or 6 free throws per game and makes 80 or 90% of them - Rondo avoids getting to the rim at all costs and when he gets there missses most - incomplete or failure to participate

Rondo's stengths make up for his weaknesses so he averages 5% more assists than the next best guy

Rondo' strengths make up for his weaknesses  so he averages 5% more steals per game than the next guy......

Rondo has a 3 on 1 break and looks into the back court so that he does not have to be involved

Rondo's coach says he needs to be a more complete player and he has a p oo p oo in his diaper

He was excused from Team USA because his coach says we cannot afford to have players on the floor that cannot shoot

His own coach uses the excuse of length in losing the finals but then says that his point guard's inability to shoot really hurt them in the playoffs......

need I go on?

If Rondo was scoring 23 a game but only averaged 8 assists and 5 rebounds per game they would not be better?  No of course not, that would be last week's player of the week in the West, Russell Westbrook.  Somehow on BDC there is a debate that Westbrook is not better - well maybe 2 years from when Westbrook is in year 5 he might be as good as Rondo.... lllllllmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooo

If Rondo actually could shoot and still average 11 assists per game.. no of course not, that would be Steve Nash...

Stop hitting snooze... wake up.....

Interview with Rondo -

Hey Rajon - how do you consider yourself as a free throw shooter?  Well most of my best peers take between 5 and 6 a game and they shoot between 80 and 90 percent......  ok so where do you rank yourself?   Incomplete - I can't be bothered with that aspect of the game - if I go a week without taking a free throw it is better for my team.

Hey Rajon - how do you consider yourself from the 3 point line?  Well most of my peers shoot at least in the 30s but I try to avoid that but I still consider myself as one of the best point guards in the league - haven't you seen my assist stats..... why yes Rajon I have seen your assist stats you are marginally better than the rest of the guys and they all take and make jumpers, 3s, and free throws.

Hey Rajon - what do you think about your jumper?  Well it is not really part of my game and the point guards that take jumpers don't understand their roles they don't understand they are supposed to pass.

Really? then why do they score so much but only average a couple fewer assists than you?  Rajon - What are you some sort of math major?

Hey Rajon by how many steals per game do you lead the league?  About 10 steals per game.

Hey Rajon why do you think that once you relieve yourself of the ball do you never get the ball back?  Um well once I don't have the ball it is up to the other guys to get me an assist.

Hey Rajon some say that if you were 5% less athletic you would be a backup - what do you think of that?  Just look at the last 15 games.... I am a back up......

None of these claims are actually correct......  in Bizzaroworld..... thank goodness for Sienfeld, it always provides someone an out.......

I hate when facts ruin a good story..... Hey Kyle Lowry when you destroy Rondo tonight do you think that the Cs fans should reconsider Rondo's skills?  Nope, he is definitely within the top 30 starting point guards in the league.

Sections
Shortcuts