RONDO's BACK!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: RONDO's BACK!!

It's almost tip time.  I hate I dont have the NBA league pass.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: RONDO's BACK!!:
    [QUOTE]It's almost tip time.  I hate I dont have the NBA league pass.....
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Spend the money. It's worth it.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RONDO's BACK!! : Spend the money. It's worth it. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

That's all you have to say? Where's your buddy celtsboy11 years old?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

[QUOTE]It's almost tip time.  I hate I dont have the NBA league pass.....
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

go to channelsurfing.net or atdhe.net and watch for free...a little shaky, but worth the price of admission...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

does any1 think or know if pierce got injured on that fastbreak late in the game? i hope not

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SusanLovesCelts. Show SusanLovesCelts's posts

Nice solid game tonight guys.  It helped me stop worrying a bit. I never thought I'd utter these words but I'm looking forward to Kendrick returning. Delonte too. We're going to be so solid when and if we ever get to full strength. Smile

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Rondo needs to do like Shaq, and talk to Ray about free throws!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

It's good to have Rondo back. He was rusty as expected. His presence makes a big difference.
       I may be wishing for a lot here, but I really hope K.G is available for Wednesday vs. the Spurs. I know the news said maybe 2 weeks, but wishing doesn't hurt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

[QUOTE]does any1 think or know if pierce got injured on that fastbreak late in the game? i hope not
    Posted by allen2034[/QUOTE]It definitely looked like he turned his ankle on the break away dunk when he landed.  I would guess a mild sprain.  My 2 cents would be if that was done in the first quarter he would have played again in the same game.  Usually, if it is a bad sprain, the player ends up dropping to the floor.  Pierce seemed to jump up and down on the ankle right after he turned it and walked back to the bench with a slight limp.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Having Rondo back tonight was huge!  Aside from the TOs, his management of the game was masterful.  His ability to get his teammates the ball in the right spots at the right time was/is uncanny, and bodes well for future contests as injured players return.  The chemistry between Rondo, PP and Ray was, well, like old times; what a beautiful sight to see.  I cannot wait for the return of KG, Perk and Delonte; this team, when healthy, is loaded !  Injuries notwithstanding, there is no team in the Association that can beat the Celtics in a seven-game series. As Always,
    Posted by JamLock[/QUOTE]

Agree with you.  It really was great to have Rondo back.  Hopefully, KG won't be out very long, but we can't really be sure.  I am also anxious for Perk to return, but not sure how effective he will be and probably will just play limited minutes when he returns.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not being sarcastic, but it seems his best attribute is that it keeps the playmaking opportunities out of the hands of Allen and Pierce.  They can do what they do best instead of masquerading as playmakers...
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]
      word

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not being sarcastic, but it seems his best attribute is that it keeps the playmaking opportunities out of the hands of Allen and Pierce.  They can do what they do best instead of masquerading as playmakers...
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]
    wow. i should think rondo brings a bit more to the table than this.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Rondo's back but his ankle still isn't right. He's not penetrating or cutting like he usually does. Sprained ankles can linger for quite a while. It gets to a point where Rondo is now where you can play, but you're not 100%. Never the less, Rondo's passing abilities has made a big difference since his return.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo's back but his ankle still isn't right. He's not penetrating or cutting like he usually does. Sprained ankles can linger for quite a while. It gets to a point where Rondo is now where you can play, but you're not 100%. Never the less, Rondo's passing abilities has made a big difference since his return.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Great passing tonight. World class... if only against the pitiful Wolves.

And he hit a couple of meaningful baskets tonight at crunch time. Helps me to forget the two Hack-a-Rondo clunkers last night.

He is clearly not 100%.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

16 assists, looks almost as lop sided in the box score as Love's rebounding. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SusanLovesCelts. Show SusanLovesCelts's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RONDO's BACK!! : wow. i should think rondo brings a bit more to the table than this.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

BaileyPowe, that is the greatest avatar ever! Larry Legend.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Rondo needs to do like Shaq, and talk to Ray about free throws!!"

You seriously think that Rondo has never talked to Ray about free throw shooting? Of course he has. But if you talked to Obama about running the country that wouldn't make you president either. 

In too much of a hurry to note that Rondo's presence and 16 assists really helped this team tonight? 

Pud: one of the more sensible Rondo comments I've seen you make, thanks - the criticism is valid when it's balanced and fair. As I've been mentioning before I think Rondo does have enough of a good streak shooting ability now. The real concern remains his free throws which he must be confident about hitting in late game situations. It's not so much hack-a-Rondo I worry about - it's his own confidence heading to the hole. Tonight he laid off of that - I think you're right that he's not 100 percent. 

But he did help, and Pierce is more valuable to this team in a natural scorer's role. 

At this point let's just see them rack up some wins and not get far behind in the standings. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RONDO's BACK!! : Great passing tonight. World class... if only against the pitiful Wolves. And he hit a couple of meaningful baskets tonight at crunch time. Helps me to forget the two Hack-a-Rondo clunkers last night. He is clearly not 100%. Pud

Now you're being nice, huh? Is that because your buddy celtsboy11 got banned for life?

HAHAHA!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]"  Rondo needs to do like Shaq, and talk to Ray about free throws!!" You seriously think that Rondo has never talked to Ray about free throw shooting? Of course he has. But if you talked to Obama about running the country that wouldn't make you president either.  In too much of a hurry to note that Rondo's presence and 16 assists really helped this team tonight?  Pud: one of the more sensible Rondo comments I've seen you make, thanks - the criticism is valid when it's balanced and fair. As I've been mentioning before I think Rondo does have enough of a good streak shooting ability now. The real concern remains his free throws which he must be confident about hitting in late game situations. It's not so much hack-a-Rondo I worry about - it's his own confidence heading to the hole. Tonight he laid off of that - I think you're right that he's not 100 percent.  But he did help, and Pierce is more valuable to this team in a natural scorer's role.  At this point let's just see them rack up some wins and not get far behind in the standings. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Criticism of Rondo is not required to be "fair and balanced" when this kid is so very far "out of balance" himself with his skill set and attitude/confidence.

Tonight he hit open 9 and 14 footers at crunch time... something totally unremarkable for an NBA PG... except that it was Rondo. 

That makes it big time news as Heinsohn runs his mouth scoffing at those who say that Rondo can't shoot while he himself demeans Rondo the way no critic ever could.... with his patronizing comments.

The Hack-a-Rondo FTs were simply ghastly. Rondo should have the option of saving face by simply giving the ball out of bounds to the other team.

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RONDO's BACK!! : Criticism of Rondo is not required to be "fair and balanced" when this kid is so very far "out of balance" himself with his skill set and attitude/confidence. Tonight he hit open 9 and 14 footers at crunch time... something totally unremarkable for an NBA PG... except that it was Rondo.  That makes it big time news as Heinsohn runs his mouth scoffing at those who say that Rondo can't shoot while he himself demeans Rondo the way no critic ever could.... with his patronizing comments. The Hack-a-Rondo FTs were simply ghastly. Rondo should have the option of saving face by simply giving the ball out of bounds to the other team. Pud

Hahaha... your actions on this board are pathetic.  Pick a stance and stick with it instead of increasing the boundaries of your stance to make it large enough that every piece of evidence that suggests otherwise can be covered.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Yesterday Rondo hit two clutch shots down the stretch and I'm glad he had the confidence to attempt them.

However, I'd much rather see him attempt those types of shots "throughout" the game.  It just "seems" that hitting those shots at crunchtime were a huge accomplishment (if you listen to Tommy) by Rondo because he didn't attempt and make those shots throughout the game.

If he is going to be guarded the way Ridenour guarded him (playing totally off of him), Rondo has to get that running start and attack the rim "thoughout" the game.  That will MAKE them respect him and open things up even more for everyone else.

As easy as Rondo got to the paint and hit the teardrop and then followed that with a routine foul line jump shot, that is what he should be doing in the 1st 3 quarters, not just at crunchtime.

I will take that teardrop attempt in the lane 4 or 5 times anytime before he tries to get another assist by passing to Baby.  The assists are great but he's passing up potential baskets while getting them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Yeah Petey i agree with you. Many times Rondo does suffer from overpassing when he has a 5 foot floater or a layup. He needs to be a bit more selfish at times. It's almost like he's going for assisits out there. Hate to be critical of a great game overall but he can improve in some area's. He also needs to know who he's setting up for shots and not feed brick layers. I would love to see Rondo average about 15 ppg although i'm not sure if it will ever happen. He's super rusty but should be back to 100% soon barring any set backs. Lasty, please keep shooting the FT's...anything less than 70% is pathetic.