Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Rondos contract and luxury tax

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Rondos contract and luxury tax

I was of the understanding that a team with a player that ends up n/a because of a year ending injury would qualify for a relief of luxury tax. Does thst not still apply? Or am I confusing this issue with another scenerio.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Re: Rondos contract and luxury tax

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to heirplain's comment:

I was of the understanding that a team with a player that ends up n/a because of a year ending injury would qualify for a relief of luxury tax. Does thst not still apply? Or am I confusing this issue with another scenerio.

"You're confusing this issue with another scenario."

What was it then.. I do recall some kind of relief for a team that lost a high $ player due to injury.

Thanks

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Re: Rondos contract and luxury tax

"You're confusing this issue with another scenario."

What was it then.. I do recall some kind of relief for a team that lost a high $ player due to injury.

If the Celtics lost Rondo to injury before Jan. 15, 2013, the Celtics could file for a disabled player exception. That would have enabled the Celtics to sign or trade for a player worth half of Rondo's salary of 11m. In other words, the Celtics could've gotten a 5.5m player. But since Rondo got hurt after Jan. 15, it is what it is.

Thanks Pierce..as usual you are contract wise but sometime team foolish. (not in this case!). I do! appreciate the clarificatiion!

[/QUOTE]

6. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts