Rondos contract and luxury tax

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Rondos contract and luxury tax

I was of the understanding that a team with a player that ends up n/a because of a year ending injury would qualify for a relief of luxury tax. Does thst not still apply? Or am I confusing this issue with another scenerio.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Re: Rondos contract and luxury tax

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to heirplain's comment:

I was of the understanding that a team with a player that ends up n/a because of a year ending injury would qualify for a relief of luxury tax. Does thst not still apply? Or am I confusing this issue with another scenerio.

"You're confusing this issue with another scenario."

What was it then.. I do recall some kind of relief for a team that lost a high $ player due to injury.

Thanks

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Re: Rondos contract and luxury tax

"You're confusing this issue with another scenario."

What was it then.. I do recall some kind of relief for a team that lost a high $ player due to injury.

If the Celtics lost Rondo to injury before Jan. 15, 2013, the Celtics could file for a disabled player exception. That would have enabled the Celtics to sign or trade for a player worth half of Rondo's salary of 11m. In other words, the Celtics could've gotten a 5.5m player. But since Rondo got hurt after Jan. 15, it is what it is.

Thanks Pierce..as usual you are contract wise but sometime team foolish. (not in this case!). I do! appreciate the clarificatiion!

[/QUOTE]

6. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts