Rondo's Gambles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Rondo's Gambles

Rondo....please stay away Vegas or Foxwoods for that matter...numerous times you gambled tonight and your man was left wide open. The Cs paid for it too! Play your man...you're killing us!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Re: Rondo's Gambles

In Response to Rondo's Gambles:
    [QUOTE]Rondo....please stay away Vegas or Foxwoods for that matter...numerous times you gambled tonight and your man was left wide open. The Cs paid for it too! Play your man...you're killing us!
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

You`re kidding,right.The 5 Knick guards who played scored a total of 20 points on 6 of 21 shooting.None of them made more than 3 shots .How exactly was Rondo killing us?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles : By gambling and Rondo getting beat by his man, our bigs are forced to help out. Rondo's man may not have scored but the big men of the Knicks did. Tyson Chandler got 20 points tonight. Chandler usually doesn't score that many.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Chandler  scores 20 and it`s Rondo`s fault.You may not have noticed ,but lots of low-scoring centers were putting up numbers when he was out.Was that Bradley`s fault ,or is it because Jermaine plays 15 to 20 minutes a night and we have nobody else who can defend in the post? Varajao scored a bunch of points ,and he`s not exactly a scoring machine.Every thing is Rondo`s fault to you guys.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles : Chandler  scores 20 and it`s Rondo`s fault.You may not have noticed ,but lots of low-scoring centers were putting up numbers when he was out.Was that Bradley`s fault ,or is it because Jermaine plays 15 to 20 minutes a night and we have nobody else who can defend in the post? Varajao scored a bunch of points ,and he`s not exactly a scoring machine.Every thing is Rondo`s fault to you guys.
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]

Not everything................global warming is NOT Rondo's fault!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In response to "Re: Rondo's Gambles": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles : By gambling and Rondo getting beat by his man, our bigs are forced to help out. Rondo's man may not have scored but the big men of the Knicks did. Tyson Chandler got 20 points tonight. Chandler usually doesn't score that many. Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE] Thanks Fiercest....some folks don't have a clue even if you loan them one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Rondo needs to gamble less, that's indisputable, but he is not killing the team either, that's a ridiculous exagerration. Tyson Chandler having his way with us has something to do with our pathetic interior defense also. 

The anti-Rondo folks on this thread must have missed Pierce after the game saying how great it was to have Rondo running the game so he could concentrate on finishing. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustWords. Show JustWords's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles : Chandler  scores 20 and it`s Rondo`s fault.You may not have noticed ,but lots of low-scoring centers were putting up numbers when he was out.Was that Bradley`s fault ,or is it because Jermaine plays 15 to 20 minutes a night and we have nobody else who can defend in the post? Varajao scored a bunch of points ,and he`s not exactly a scoring machine.Every thing is Rondo`s fault to you guys.

+1

I hear Rondo ruined my omlette this morning too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustWords. Show JustWords's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo needs to gamble less, that's indisputable, but he is not killing the team either, that's a ridiculous exagerration. Tyson Chandler having his way with us has something to do with our pathetic interior defense also.  The anti-Rondo folks on this thread must have missed Pierce after the game saying how great it was to have Rondo running the game so he could concentrate on finishing. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.

At first I thought the criticisms were logical.  Now they're such a constant drone that they sound like the complete opposite. The point has been made, it has SOME validity, but now it's become some strange sort of mantra for a perverted, sad religion.  It honestly makes me feel sorry for the people who can't quit it. 

Reminds me of this friend I have who gets into horrible, drunk cussing fits whenever the Red Sox don't play well.  It's not pretty, and and saps the fun right out of the entire experience.  Sometimes I wonder if it's the beer or the Sox he needs a 12 stepper for. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Moore may be our best all around point, I just wish we didn't haft to play four on five.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Rondo left his man wide open at the end but he missed the three. That's a fact. My opinion is Rondo was awful in the third Q team got down by10. Bradley subbed in team got back into the game. Rondo subbed back in with 4 mins to go and played well excepting allowing the aforementiined open look at the end.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Has there ever been a player who divides opinion more than Rondo?
    I wonder how it is within the team.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

So nobody else doubles down and helps out besides Rondo?  I can't believe the lunacy in this thread! Ive seen folks blow past Avery.  or when Avery is too aggressive and gets in foul trouble and the team in early foul trouble.  Rondo showed no respect for the same guards showing him no respect!!!! The shot was missed, why get your panties in a bunch?  WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!  A WIN IS A WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]So nobody else doubles down and helps out besides Rondo?  I can't believe the lunacy in this thread! Ive seen folks blow past Avery.  or when Avery is too aggressive and gets in foul trouble and the team in early foul trouble.  Rondo showed no respect for the same guards showing him no respect!!!! The shot was missed, why get your panties in a bunch?  WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!  A WIN IS A WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

I assume your talking about the end of the game.  You don't double down with a 2 pt lead and lead a wide open 3pt shot.  Bradley is still learning,  Rondo should already know.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Avery Bradley is certainly not the answer, but he has improved.  Rondo was not effective in his first game back.  Too deny that is not being truthful, so how can you discuss how he played?

Rondo when you look at him in the 2010 finals was a game changer.  Now he is a still weak shooting point guard who has even older players to set up and can't get open.  His defense seems inconsistent and he at worst is a player that other teams do not have to cover on the perimeter. This is a problem.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles : Fools gold. You really think we would be able to beat the Bulls or the Heat when Rondo fails to score a single point in the 4th qtr.?  We were just lucky we played a bad team last night. The Knicks are just 8-15 this season.  How could you brick 2 FTs in the 4th qtr. when the game is tied? You expect the Celts to win every game with Rondo bricking FTs in the 4th qtr.?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    I don't think we can beat the BULLS or HEAT period!!!!  I wouldnt matter if Rondo scored.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles : I don't think we can beat the BULLS or HEAT period!!!!  I wouldnt matter if Rondo scored.  
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Which is why we need to make a trade!
    KG? - nope
    PP - NO WAY
    bench players - don't make enough money

That leaves JON, Ray or Rondo!

Who, of those 3, can get us a better return?   RONDO!!

Floating around out there is cybersapace is a trade rumor of Rondo, JON and Daniels for Nash, Hill and Gortat - and I would make that trade!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

Rondo's criticism seems to reside mostly (not all), in the frustrations of former jump shooting point guards who have fantasies about how they could have done it better if only they could have had a chance. As for me...former power player who loves how Rondo gets the ball inside and how he is willing to come help with the rebounding.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo's criticism seems to reside mostly (not all), in the frustrations of former jump shooting point guards who have fantasies about how they could have done it better if only they could have had a chance. As for me...former power player who loves how Rondo gets the ball inside and how he is willing to come help with the rebounding.
    Posted by gtown07[/QUOTE]

He is a great rebounder for a PG, no doubt.  BUT - if we had a 10 rpg guy out there, he wouldn't need to be.  And his driving to the hoop is great, I love it too.......for THREE quarters.  Once it becomes a slow down game in the 4th, he cannot produce any offense.  THAT is the problem- it's got nothing to do with ego.  I coach now, and while he is the best PG, sometimes I would have to think about subbing him late in games becuase he can't shoot!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

No he said that was Ray's fault!!