Rondo's Gambles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Rondo's Gambles

In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles : We can beat the Bulls and the Heat.  The Celts are #1 in the NBA in 3pt shooting, 42.7%. And the Celts are only allowing opponents 86.96 pts per game this season. Defense and shooting, ingredients of a championship team.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Well if we lose Ray we WILL NOT be the number 1 3pt shooting team.  Of course our defense should be better.   Pietrus would give us a lot of what Ray gives us , adding defense.  Of course  he doesn't shoot as well as Ray or create  shorter jump shots either.  Pietrus does hit the 3 ball pretty good though.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles : Then trade Rondo instead. Low post scoring is more important than Rondo right now. We're not going far in the playoffs if JO is the starting Center.

Well I don't throw many trade offers out there since I don't research this stuff.  I will leave the trades to you guys and just throw my opinion out there some.  With what I know and have seen with Rondo and could get a legit big man yes i would do that.  If I could use Ray  I would as well.  Dont think we are going to get a good big man without using both.  I wouldn't want Ray gone for any reason other than he has the best contract for another team and his long ball and clutch shooting would be very attractive for some team.  A big man using only Rondo from our core (not including JO as core) and getting a big man seems the best way to go and still remain very competitive.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles : If we get that big man that can rebound and score inside then we will be more than competitive.

Key word "IF"

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles : Ainge will not be doing his job if he didn't try.

I have no reason to believe he isn't or hasn't tried to improve the club.  It takes 2 to tango.  I am also pretty sure that he has his own thoughts on what could improve the club that more than likely are not the ones that get thrown out  there on this board.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo left his man wide open at the end but he missed the three. That's a fact. My opinion is Rondo was awful in the third Q team got down by10. Bradley subbed in team got back into the game. Rondo subbed back in with 4 mins to go and played well excepting allowing the aforementiined open look at the end.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

Rondo left his man wide open because he had double team Melo.

This board has an interesting bipolar characteristic.  We suck!  We can win it all!  Bradley sucks!  Bradley is good!  Rondo is great!  Rondo sucks!  The fact is, the Celts were going to take 20 games to figue things out.  They are a 4-6 seed in East.  They have a decent chance to make the Eastern Conference finals.  And they have always been vulnerable to reasonably skilled teams that are physically superior.  That is the telling gap that has gotten bigger.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles : Rondo left his man wide open because he had double team Melo. This board has an interesting bipolar characteristic.  We suck!  We can win it all!  Bradley sucks!  Bradley is good!  Rondo is great!  Rondo sucks!  The fact is, the Celts were going to take 20 games to figue things out.  They are a 4-6 seed in East.  They have a decent chance to make the Eastern Conference finals.  And they have always been vulnerable to reasonably skilled teams that are physically superior.  That is the telling gap that has gotten bigger.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

Which is, again, why we need to make a trade.  I am not a Rondo hater, or a Bradley hater - I am a believer in Danny.  IF we are to make the ECF, we are one player short - a rebounder.  I don't want to lose Rondo OR Ray, but if that's what it takes for us to win this year, it has to be done!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

DA called RR  "Inconsistent" last yr..  he is not ready for long minutes now due to his injury and now eye area swelling.
    .doc rivers need to limit RR minutes..

PLAY THE BENCH!

Thars gold in them thar bench players

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]Has there ever been a player who divides opinion more than Rondo? I wonder how it is within the team.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

I wonder how it is within his head.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles : Which is, again, why we need to make a trade.  I am not a Rondo hater, or a Bradley hater - I am a believer in Danny.  IF we are to make the ECF, we are one player short - a rebounder.  I don't want to lose Rondo OR Ray, but if that's what it takes for us to win this year, it has to be done!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

OK.  I have no problems with that.  But that does not translate to Rondo sucks! 

I believe that if Danny is able to acquire a capable big man for Rondo, he should do it.  We will then need a servicable point guard to be complete.  KG and Paul are good enough to adjust their games and fill the passing hole.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Lets not forget that Rondo is returning from a wrist injury...Im sure that plays a roll in his shooting consistancy..having said that, he brings a different level of hustle and makes the offense run smoother  with his passing. There is room for both Bradley and Rondo at this point. If were are to make a run in the playoffs, we will need them both. I don't see Bradly or Moore handling the playoff pressure well at this point. But if there is a deal to be made by trade deadline, well we know what Danny will do...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

The ESPN announcers criticized Rondo for leaving his man open at the end of the game...maybe they're psychotic Rondo haters too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Why you are bashing Rondo who was part of the team that won one world championship title and been in another final as well his team made in the top four seedings in the eastern conference every year!!!

How often you see a team that can do that.  

Leave Rondo, Ray, Pierce and Garnett alone as welll for most bench players!!  Trading these guys will not make the team any better cuz you are going to substract one and add one!!! 

Ainge can just let the team just go for the rest of the season with whoever they have now!!  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Why does someone have to be labeled a Rondo hater for offering their opinion or making observations?

Rondo has always been a poor or lazy defender since I can remember. He gambles constantly and sometims just cant stay in font of his man period. He also may be the worse player in the NBA in fighting through picks, it is pathetic.

On many occassions our 1/2 court defense breaks down because Rondo loses his man badly. All you have to do is watch the game to notice this, whats all the controversy??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]The ESPN announcers criticized Rondo for leaving his man open at the end of the game...maybe they're psychotic Rondo haters too.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]
    I really don't think many of us our Rondo haters.  I defended him wildly in 2010 and last year until  Feb.  Things change and Rondo has not improved as a shooter and has become injury prone.  This was complicated by his lack of professionalism after the Perk trade.  

I love the way he gets in there and changes games with his unique talents but when have seen it resulting in us winning games. When have seen it result in him scoring in the fourth quarter? When have you not seen him uncovered around the perimeter while other teams double our other more capable scorers.

It is time to trade him or see him become a dynamic game winning player again like pronto.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo needs to gamble less, that's indisputable, but he is not killing the team either, that's a ridiculous exagerration. Tyson Chandler having his way with us has something to do with our pathetic interior defense also.  The anti-Rondo folks on this thread must have missed Pierce after the game saying how great it was to have Rondo running the game so he could concentrate on finishing. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Defiinitely agree with you.  Some Celtics fans like to blame Rondo for everything.  

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Rondo's Gambles : You`re kidding,right.The 5 Knick guards who played scored a total of 20 points on 6 of 21 shooting.None of them made more than 3 shots .How exactly was Rondo killing us?
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!

As Always,

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Rondo's Gambles": Thanks Fiercest....some folks don't have a clue even if you loan them one.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

Right!!!!!! More anti-Rondo humor. I prefer the opinion of Rondo's teammates as well as those of Danny and Doc to those of clueless ones such as yourself. Have you tried Letterman? There may be openings for another comedian.  Just a thought as Rondo is the best point guard in the Association, bar none.

As Always,

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]Why does someone have to be labeled a Rondo hater for offering their opinion or making observations? Rondo has always been a poor or lazy defender since I can remember. He gambles constantly and sometims just cant stay in font of his man period. He also may be the worse player in the NBA in fighting through picks, it is pathetic. On many occassions our 1/2 court defense breaks down because Rondo loses his man badly. All you have to do is watch the game to notice this, whats all the controversy??
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]
    When I watch other games, I see point guards blowing past other point guards with ease and causing bigs to rotate  I see other guards going under the screen and getting burned.  Watch some other teams and see what other point guards are doing out there.  Even AB gets blown past.  Imaging AB trying to guard Rose.  Rose is going to eat his lunch and burp in his face.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I never shared my opinion about Rondo's until yesterday. I am not a hater either but some things cant be covered and his inabilities and the way he is hurting the team are some of them.

Sections
Shortcuts