Rondo's Gambles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Rondo's Gambles

In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles : When I watch other games, I see point guards blowing past other point guards with ease and causing bigs to rotate  I see other guards going under the screen and getting burned.  Watch some other teams and see what other point guards are doing out there.  Even AB gets blown past.  Imaging AB trying to guard Rose.  Rose is going to eat his lunch and burp in his face.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

I actually think AB would be our best defender against Rose..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I think the same fate awaits Rondo as BB....Hopefully we can get the same caliber of player or players in the deal...I really like Rondo, but what irks me the most, is that he gets too fancy during the game. Westbrook is like that also. They try too hard for the spetacular when the simple pass or dribble will do. When it works its awsome, creating a "Did you see that" moment. But when it does'nt work, it creates opportunities for the other teams.
    But I love his grit and hustle...Stay tuned...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stooltips. Show stooltips's posts

[QUOTE]Why does someone have to be labeled a Rondo hater for offering their opinion or making observations? Rondo has always been a poor or lazy defender since I can remember. He gambles constantly and sometims just cant stay in font of his man period. He also may be the worse player in the NBA in fighting through picks, it is pathetic. On many occassions our 1/2 court defense breaks down because Rondo loses his man badly. All you have to do is watch the game to notice this, whats all the controversy??
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]
    Why last year would NBA head coaches vote Rondo first team all defense with more votes than all but Howard?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles : Why last year would NBA head coaches vote Rondo first team all defense with more votes than all but Howard?
    Posted by stooltips[/QUOTE]

Maybe they should try coaching him.

That could easily change some votes.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stooltips. Show stooltips's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles : Maybe they should try coaching him. That could easily change some votes. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    So if those coaches had known what the more savvy fans here know, they'd have rethought their vote? Am I getting that right? Because that strikes me as preposterous.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles : So if those coaches had known what the more savvy fans here know, they'd have rethought their vote? Am I getting that right? Because that strikes me as preposterous.

I wonder if Doc voted for him. Do you know?

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stooltips. Show stooltips's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles : Sometimes Rondo's gambling pays off. And since the Celts were winning a lot of games last year, 56 wins, Rondo looked good.  Let's see if Rondo will still make it to the All-Defensive team this year when the Celts don't have a great regular season record. And you don't have to make a new account just to defend Rondo on this board.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    I don't know what to make of your last line. Why would I do that? How come you post all day long and half the night every day and every night?  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stooltips. Show stooltips's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles : I wonder if Doc voted for him. Do you know? Pud
    Doc voted for someone else per the rules.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Somebody's loaded for bear!

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stooltips. Show stooltips's posts

I've been reading this board for years, Fiercest34, without posting. In fact, my membership dates back to the championship season. Can you fathom such a thing? :)
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles : You would not have known that if you were new here. Since you know a lot about me it means you've been here all along. Will you tell us who you really are?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I believe in stool.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]I believe in stool. Pud

NOT!!!

:)

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles : You really expect us to believe that you've been here since 2008 and never posted before tonight? That's stool.

Yes its completely believable ...   I read the threads here occasionally for three or four years before ever posting...    which I continue to do quite occasionally...   the idiot bantor on this board is often amusing but rarely does it rise to the level of meriting a response.     Getting sucked into the Rondo bashing dementia is a serious hazard though.   I have to say though that the current crop of Rondo bashers just don't cut it compared to the original Dudder. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles : You would not have known that if you were new here. Since you know a lot about me it means you've been here all along. Will you tell us who you really are?

Fierce, how long do you think it takes someone reading this board to figure out who here doesn't have a real world life.        I'd say four days MAX....     in your case....   oh nevermind.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles : Why last year would NBA head coaches vote Rondo first team all defense with more votes than all but Howard?

Well, that means sh...
    Kobe was all-defensive last year as far as I know. Last year (not in general) Kobe was horrible at defense. Maybe the head coaches are just clueless and going by stats (steals) only.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to "Re: Rondo's Gambles": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles : Yes its completely believable ...   I read the threads here occasionally for three or four years before ever posting...    which I continue to do quite occasionally...   the idiot bantor on this board is often amusing but rarely does it rise to the level of meriting a response.     Getting sucked into the Rondo bashing dementia is a serious hazard though.   I have to say though that the current crop of Rondo bashers just don't cut it compared to the original Dudder.  Posted by videoburns[/QUOTE] Puudupuddin is Dudder. Ever see the movie "Shutter Island" By the way, from one who knows how to make arrogant posts, you may want to lighten up a bit on the "demented idiots", maybe name calling is "hazardous" for all.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles : Yes its completely believable ...   I read the threads here occasionally for three or four years before ever posting...    which I continue to do quite occasionally...   the idiot bantor on this board is often amusing but rarely does it rise to the level of meriting a response.     Getting sucked into the Rondo bashing dementia is a serious hazard though.   I have to say though that the current crop of Rondo bashers just don't cut it compared to the original Dudder. 
    Posted by videoburns[/QUOTE]

Its getting rather trendy to be hatin' on lil' Rondo nowdays.

A year ago, it was just the Pud/Dud/Acie/?? bad actors catching grief from the Rondo=Gawd crowd of koolaid drinkers, the very same folks who inspired the transformative "Tainted Championship" thread after lil' Gawd shot 25% FTs in the Finals and then catapulted to greater glory building his "brand" with Team USA. Only to fizzle.

And then there was  last year's swoon after the Perk trade.... or was it the POTUS comment? And the bottle throwing tirade. And the efforts to shop lil' Gawd for Westbro or a rental CP3.

We brave few, now swelling in ranks with bandwagoners, need to find another ax to grind... since its now apparent that DA is a hater too... and Rondo is a short timer.

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Whats really hard to understand is some people relying upon what some writers say, or the voting for all star teams etc... instead of their own two eyes. If a sportswriter came out and made a case that JON is playing the best ball of his career, some people would use that and advocate for how great JON is playing  instead of watching the games and making their own assessment.

I really dont care what the coaches, sportswriters or fans say in a poll... Ive watched Rondo play defense for his entire NBA career and hes is not good. He does have a knack for anticipating passes and stealing but he also "lets" his opponent get by him all too often and misses the swipe at the ball... and roams...   Sure, Rose is gonna get past most PGs, prob them all... but at least put up an effort...and Rondo has been left in the dust by much lesser players than ROSE...consistently..

Regarding picks, littl;e Nate Robsinson fought thru them all the time... I cant recall Rondo fighting thru a pick...i really cant. Hes either underneath and loses his guy completely.

This is my opinion from watching Rondo his entire career...not being a hater..just sommenting on his defense..

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Gambles : I'm not doing anything illegal here. I don't have a life? How do you know that?  I'm not stateside so how do you know when I sleep and when I go to work?

I have a sneaky suspicion that you either post at work or don't work.  To each their own.  If this is your thing, so be it.  This place might get boring without you.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts