Rondo's got that Shot... Just Missed is All.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Rondo's got that Shot... Just Missed is All.

Rondo, has that shot, the little runner in the lane, it's just too bad it didn't drop for him that time.  He would have been a hero, and we probably would have won. 

People would be saying, what a gutsy player, what a clutch shot.

He's got to take that shot if it is there because it's his shot and he's made many of those shots.  That's how to break out of a slump, by shooting not by passing up shots.  Same thing next game, I want him to take that shot.

I expected the shot to drop and was surprised to see it rim out.

It's a frustrating and disappointing loss to a team that we should have beat by double digits, so there is ample blame to be apportioned around.

Too bad Rondo's great line of 11 Pt's, 11 rebounds, & 7 steals got swallowed up by the ending.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Re: Rondo's got that Shot... Just Missed is All.

At least you and Genaro have some perspective here. Everybody else thinks the sky is falling. Let the O'neals come back and Rondo to get his head straight...C's still have time to get their defensive chemistry back into a groove...and then the offense will naturally follow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondo is shooting 36% for the month (14 for 48 the past 5 games) and just lost the assist lead to SNash for the first time this season. 11.47 to 11.46 assists per game... and falling.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rajon Rondowski...I hope you a new handle planned for next year, because your boy is not gonna be the PG for the Boston Celtics.  Count on it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo's got that Shot... Just Missed is All.:

[QUOTE]At least you and Genaro have some perspective here. Everybody else thinks the sky is falling. Let the O'neals come back and Rondo to get his head straight...C's still have time to get their defensive chemistry back into a groove...and then the offense will naturally follow.

Posted by mbrann[/QUOTE]

-

Isn't it just sickening how all the Know Nothings (no-nothings) come out of the woodwork with their panicky crapoola after each and every Celtic loss.

Not only do they come out with the panicky B.S. but in full attack mode:  attacking the team, the players, the coaches, the management, the entire organization! 

We haven't had that many losses this season so I guess they take every opportunity to vent their hatred.  Look back over the C's 20 losses and each and every one was characterized as a total catastrophe, sky is falling, end of the world as we know it, the team is finished, blah blah blah, by these types of fans on this board. 

They really aren't fans, so much as emotionally invested observers who freak out every time the team does not live up to their exalted expectations.  Let these so called fans hold themselves up to as high a bar as they do others, then you'd see a much more understanding person.

Pathetic.

The C's will be alright:  they will get sufficient rest going into the playoffs, injured guys will return, the new guys will gel and acclimate themselves further into Celtic's style ball, and woe be the team that underestimates the C's once the playoffs roll around.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's got that Shot... Just Missed is All. : - Isn't it just sickening how all the Know Nothings (no-nothings) come out of the woodwork with their panicky crapoola after each and every Celtic loss. Not only do they come out with the panicky B.S. but in full attack mode:  attacking the team, the players, the coaches, the management, the entire organization!  We haven't had that many losses this season so I guess they take every opportunity to vent their hatred.  Look back over the C's 20 losses and each and every one was characterized as a total catastrophe, sky is falling, end of the world as we know it, the team is finished, blah blah blah, by these types of fans on this board.   They really aren't fans, so much as emotionally invested observers who freak out every time the team does not live up to their exalted expectations.  Let these so called fans hold themselves up to as high a bar as they do others, then you'd see a much more understanding person. Pathetic. The C's will be alright:  they will get sufficient rest going into the playoffs, injured guys will return, the new guys will gel and acclimate themselves further into Celtic's style ball, and woe be the team that underestimates the C's once the playoffs roll around.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

Rondowski and rayman7 are the only real Celtic fans on this board.

The rest of us are truly pathetic.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Rondo's got that Shot... Just Missed is All.:
    [QUOTE]Rondo, has that shot, the little runner in the lane, it's just too bad it didn't drop for him that time.  He would have been a hero, and we probably would have won.  People would be saying, what a gutsy player, what a clutch shot. He's got to take that shot if it is there because it's his shot and he's made many of those shots.  That's how to break out of a slump, by shooting not by passing up shots.  Same thing next game, I want him to take that shot. I expected the shot to drop and was surprised to see it rim out. It's a frustrating and disappointing loss to a team that we should have beat by double digits, so there is ample blame to be apportioned around. Too bad Rondo's great line of 11 Pt's, 11 rebounds, & 7 steals got swallowed up by the ending.

The worst shooter in the league just missed a shot by this much....... well that one and the other 9 that he missed...... what if he just shot 45% like a normal point guard that other teams at least make an attempt to guard?  well his teammates would not be doubleteamed and they win going away - just like in the finals.......  somehow if it comes down to the last shot and if he misses it was an off night but if he makes it he is a hero...... um 37% from the floor since Doc told him to start shooting and taking the ball to the rim, 8 ppg, 9 assists per game, 2 of the 14 games where he shot better than 50% from the line and ZERO % from 3.... please stop the sugar coating.......  at some point the worst shooter in the league is the worst shooter in the league regardless of what color jersey he is wearing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Rondo's got that Shot... Just Missed is All. : The worst shooter in the league just missed a shot by this much....... well that one and the other 9 that he missed...... what if he just shot 45% like a normal point guard that other teams at least make an attempt to guard?  well his teammates would not be doubleteamed and they win going away - just like in the finals.......  somehow if it comes down to the last shot and if he misses it was an off night but if he makes it he is a hero...... um 37% from the floor since Doc told him to start shooting and taking the ball to the rim, 8 ppg, 9 assists per game, 2 of the 14 games where he shot better than 50% from the line and ZERO % from 3.... please stop the sugar coating.......  at some point the worst shooter in the league is the worst shooter in the league regardless of what color jersey he is wearing.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

ummm..he shoots 47%..and thats including this terrible slump he had been in..he was around 50%. and bc he missed it it wasnt an off nite..he had a good game regardless of missing that shot. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's got that Shot... Just Missed is All. : ummm..he shoots 47%..and thats including this terrible slump he had been in..he was around 50%. and bc he missed it it wasnt an off nite..he had a good game regardless of missing that shot. 
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

if there is anyone on the planet that thinks that Rondo could actually shoot 47% from the field if he played like an actual player they must go directly to jail and not collect $200... he is the worst shooter in the league - he is basically like Perk, if it is not a dunk, it is not going in.... since the trade deadline he is shooting 37% from the field, 8 ppg, 9 apg, ZERO % from 3, and had 2 of the 14 games where he shot greater than 50% from the line.... the absolute worst shooter in the league..... 47% from the field?   lmao.....  nobody guards him and he barely catches iron most of the time, if you gave Gilbert Arenas the shots Rondo is gifted he would shoot 90% from the field, uncontested jumpers from 15 feet away a dozen times a game?????  barely catching iron....   please.... 47%.... another depends to change.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

[QUOTE]Rajon Rondowski...I hope you a new handle planned for next year, because your boy is not gonna be the PG for the Boston Celtics.  Count on it.
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]
    got your neck stuck out pretty far there, eldunker. maybe that's become more comfortable for you and lots of others here lately. let's see what the playoffs bring.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mulcogi. Show mulcogi's posts

Hang in there true Celtic fans. I know you put up with a lot on here. I see the_dudder is back working his normal trip. You can resist this negativity. Remember each Celtic victory is one closer to hangin #18. This team is primed to win it all this year. While it is true they may not, what fun is there for Celtic fans to wallow in doom and gloom when THIS YEAR'S TEAM is poised for the best record in the EC, a difficult but winable playoffs, and a return to the NBA finals. They will do this with the return of Shaq and the other injured players. As for the doom and gloomers, I know many of you will be happy with a C's victory, but for what ever reason, you just can't lend your full support.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Hang in there true Celtic fans. I know you put up with a lot on here. I see the_dudder is back working his normal trip. You can resist this negativity. Remember each Celtic victory is one closer to hangin #18. This team is primed to win it all this year. While it is true they may not, what fun is there for Celtic fans to wallow in doom and gloom when THIS YEAR'S TEAM is poised for the best record in the EC, a difficult but winable playoffs, and a return to the NBA finals. They will do this with the return of Shaq and the other injured players. As for the doom and gloomers, I know many of you will be happy with a C's victory, but for what ever reason, you just can't lend your full support.
    Posted by mulcogi[/QUOTE]

Interesting how you assign doom and gloom to me when I have said over and over again that if they are healthy they are the best and deepest and most talented team...  I have also said any number of times that without Shaq they have no shot at a title... please enlighten me as to how this may mean that I am shedding doom and gloom....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I'm with you Bailey, but we have to be concerned with some of the things that have been done.  Rondo being off has really compounded the adjustment of the new players along with the injuries.  The choice of Murphy was a really terrible one and seeing Powe the other night only compounded the bad feeling over it.

Why didn't they think of a player who was so loved for his effort and skills. This team needs toughness.

The toughness Tony Allen had was also something really missed this year. TA had finally started playing well for the Celtics and to get rid of him over such a small amount of money seemed really unwise.  I am of course revising history but there is theme here and it seems to be running up against our championship hopes this year.  Hope I am wrong and I usually am.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from matthew30093. Show matthew30093's posts

im suprised, after all these years, that we put so much stock in the regular season. i mean, i have complete faith that the c's are gonna repeat what they accomplished last year! truly. here is the mindset, in my opinion, of the big 3 (c's, heat and bulls):
    c's; stay injury free. get homecourt if possibe so that we dont have to face the heat and the bulls.
    heat; we gotta win now, we gotta win now, theres so much pressure, we gotta win now, we gotta prove ourselves, we gotta win now (we honestly know that we are the most talented team but we arent the best team yet)
    bulls; we are doing so good. we might upset boston this year, we aint worried about the heat.
    and thats about it. you see, winning is 90% confidence at this level. look at last year. the finals were even with the lakers up until perk got hurt. then that doubt creeped in. i mean nobody wants to admit it but that is what it is. in '08 do you think the lakers would have played so poorly if bynum was at the 5 spot? surely that would have been a different series if he were playing. i know the laker nation was suprised to even be IN the finals in '08. member gasol had just come over mid-season.
    anyway, i think, i believe, the c's are gonna ride to the finals. they are the defending east champs! they are not gonna lay down for chicago and the heat are gonna get exposed, depending on the seeding by either us, the bulls or believe it or not orlando.
    regarding orlando, i believe also that dwight is on his way out. does danny know something? you following me? rumor down in orlando has dwight leaving for the lakers but it would make sense for danny to trade perk if..... follow me now?
    what do you think?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from matthew30093. Show matthew30093's posts

[QUOTE]Still in DISNEYLAND...
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

rumor coming out of the orlando sentinal has dwight wanting to go west to the lakers. colin herd of espn reported on this story about a month and a half ago. he did not name his source however he reported "a very credible columnist from the sentinal and person close to the team" knows what's in dwight's head.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's got that Shot... Just Missed is All. : if there is anyone on the planet that thinks that Rondo could actually shoot 47% from the field if he played like an actual player they must go directly to jail and not collect $200... he is the worst shooter in the league - he is basically like Perk, if it is not a dunk, it is not going in.... since the trade deadline he is shooting 37% from the field, 8 ppg, 9 apg, ZERO % from 3, and had 2 of the 14 games where he shot greater than 50% from the line.... the absolute worst shooter in the league..... 47% from the field?   lmao.....  nobody guards him and he barely catches iron most of the time, if you gave Gilbert Arenas the shots Rondo is gifted he would shoot 90% from the field, uncontested jumpers from 15 feet away a dozen times a game?????  barely catching iron....   please.... 47%.... another depends to change.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I think he could shoot 47% because HE IS SHOOTING 47%

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's got that Shot... Just Missed is All. : got your neck stuck out pretty far there, eldunker. maybe that's become more comfortable for you and lots of others here lately. let's see what the playoffs bring.

Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

-

All the Chicken Little's have their necks stuck out after each and every Celtic loss, but I don't see any No Nothings coming on the board to tell us just why that is.  Why?

Why such a bad over-reaction after each and every loss?

Why the attacks and the vitriol against a team that you supposedly love?

Eio, eio, eio, Old Macdonald?

You farm is inhabited by a bunch of Emotionally Invested Observers (EIO's).

Fans pull for their team through thick and thin, EIO's cry and attack and whine when the going gets tough.

The sky is falling, they''re finished, they're terrible -- EIO's, this is truly pathetic.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's got that Shot... Just Missed is All. : - Isn't it just sickening how all the Know Nothings (no-nothings) come out of the woodwork with their panicky crapoola after each and every Celtic loss. Not only do they come out with the panicky B.S. but in full attack mode:  attacking the team, the players, the coaches, the management, the entire organization!  We haven't had that many losses this season so I guess they take every opportunity to vent their hatred.  Look back over the C's 20 losses and each and every one was characterized as a total catastrophe, sky is falling, end of the world as we know it, the team is finished, blah blah blah, by these types of fans on this board.   They really aren't fans, so much as emotionally invested observers who freak out every time the team does not live up to their exalted expectations.  Let these so called fans hold themselves up to as high a bar as they do others, then you'd see a much more understanding person. Pathetic. The C's will be alright:  they will get sufficient rest going into the playoffs, injured guys will return, the new guys will gel and acclimate themselves further into Celtic's style ball, and woe be the team that underestimates the C's once the playoffs roll around.

Im in love.

Oh yeah is Rondo wrecking right now? OH WAIT WHAT?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]Why???? Here we go 1. Rondo can't hit and outside shot or free throw even if his life depend it on it. 2. We are next to last in rebounding. 3. No inside defense. 4. Age is showing on KG, Pierce and Allen. (no longer consider them the big 3) 5. We traded our center and gave away Semith counting on 2 dinosaurs who    haven't played much or helped this year and most here have them as saviors. OK now get out of Disneyland please.

Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

-

If you hate the team and have given up on them, then move on and take your whining to another team, another board. 

Those aren't reasons,  those are excuses to vent your hatred and negativity.

E, I, E, I, O.  Emotionally Invested Observer.  Farmer McDonald. 

Sections
Shortcuts