Rondo's missed 3 pointer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rondo's missed 3 pointer

It wasn't so much that they dared Rondo to shoot the ball and he missed the wide open potential game winner in the closing seconds...it was rather THE crucial moment in time that will have a lasting impact on his confidence (or lack thereof).  I believe that single moment will affect the rest of his play this season and the strategy of opposing teams to make Rondo shoot in closing minutes...IF he had made that shot at that critical first time he was challenged, I believe it would have made a huge difference in his confidence and redefined and elevated his game for the long term.  As it is, he will continue to be dogged by his lack of confidence and the continued perception of his inability to shoot from the outside.  Bummer.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Re: Rondo's missed 3 pointer

He will be fine. Have you seen the guy lately? He is a machine this season. He is out to prove he is the best PG in the NBA. He isn't going to let this miss bother him. He is going to work harder.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo's missed 3 pointer:
    [QUOTE]He will be fine. Have you seen the guy lately? He is a machine this season. He is out to prove he is the best PG in the NBA. He isn't going to let this miss bother him. He is going to work harder.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

....Plus he did make a very important jumper 2 minutes before the last shot. Also, in after the game interview PP said (expressing his and I believe team's opinion) that he'd take this shot from RR any time. Also, in 2 games Celtics will have an option to use DW in situations like that.

AK

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Gary Washburn writes about this miss in the current Globe entitled.... "Rondo jumped at his Chance" putting the 1000 pound gorilla on the table for discussion.
    A bit sappy and condescending... but maybe its a start at publically acknowledging Rondo's shooting woes and his efforts to coming to terms with them.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2010/11/09/rondo_jumped_at_his_chance/

Give it a read.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

No regular season single shot should affect a good player long term. Even Bird missed game winning shots.

I would rather have him develop confidence in the regular season by taking some shots and living with some misses than in the play-offs, when the stakes are higher.

... so we lost the game. Now is the time to experiment, not in May or June.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

When Rondo threw up the that shot I had visions of that Iraqi guy throwing his shoe at George W! Both missed, go figure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I thought it was a good shot and that we could live with it.  Rondo is a pugnacious guy who will be even more determined to make a big shot to end a game the next time the opportunity comes.  Don't worry about Rondo and confidence.  He is one of the little guys who forgets he is smaller. He thinks he is bigger.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

I Guess Eddie House should never shoot again either after that miss against the Jazz

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Did you not see the drive to the basket and slam by Rondo.  he isnt worried.  I like him to set the table for the other players.  as long as he can get about 10 points I would be happy.  He is a true point guard.  He has a pass first, shot last mentality. 

Sections
Shortcuts