Rondo's missed layup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RdmCeltic. Show RdmCeltic's posts

Rondo's missed layup

That's when we lost it...

The main thing about great players is not that sometimes they make impossible shots, but that they NEVER miss the easy ones. (Ivan Lendl)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

Re: Rondo's missed layup

In Response to Rondo's missed layup:
    [QUOTE]That's when we lost it... The main thing about great players is not that sometimes they make impossible shots, but that they NEVER miss the easy ones. (Ivan Lendl)
    Posted by rdmbrazil[/QUOTE]

Have you ever dislocated or broken your elbow crazy ivan... youre trying to crucify our hero, dude, cmon, show some class, ok?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

Agree 100%.  Absolutely cannot miss that shot with 48 seconds left.  I know he's injured, but if he can't make that shot, he shouldn't be in the game.  It was the exact same play from KG to Ray earlier that Ray stuffed. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]That's when we lost it... The main thing about great players is not that sometimes they make impossible shots, but that they NEVER miss the easy ones. (Ivan Lendl)

If Rondo didnt play we wouldve lost in regulation.
    He is the heart and soul of this team now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondo shouldn't even have been playing, except maybe spot duty.

38 minutes of one armed PG play was valiant but certainly not winning basketball.

We would have been better served with Arroyo and West.. but then again Rondo would have insisted...and Doc would have caved.  

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo's missed layup:
    [QUOTE]Agree 100%.  Absolutely cannot miss that shot with 48 seconds left.  I know he's injured, but if he can't make that shot, he shouldn't be in the game.  It was the exact same play from KG to Ray earlier that Ray stuffed. 
    Posted by rpn313[/QUOTE]

Big Baby missed layups in the game, Garnett missed a dunk and several of the big three booted passes that wer easy scores, why blame Rondo? It sounds like yall have it out for him. I have pulverized my radial head (the bone he dislocated) and I guarantee he was in massive pain, yet performed at 80%. He kicked butt given the situation.  He lost the full contact jiu jitsu with wade the cheap shot artist....It was Docs call and Doc is no fool. The reticence to call fouls on Wade and James was the difference here, nothing more.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's missed layup : Big Baby missed layups in the game, Garnett missed a dunk and several of the big three booted passes that wer easy scores, why blame Rondo? It sounds like yall have it out for him. I have pulverized my radial head (the bone he dislocated) and I guarantee he was in massive pain, yet performed at 80%. He kicked butt given the situation.  He lost the full contact jiu jitsu with wade the cheap shot artist....It was Docs call and Doc is no fool. The reticence to call fouls on Wade and James was the difference here, nothing more.
    Posted by DeweyCBoston[/QUOTE]

Because Rondo's miss was at a more critical point in the game.  Its like being in a football game and saying that you dropped a 10 yard pass for a first down in the first quarter and its the same as dropping a touchdown pass with 48 seconds to go that puts you up.   That was a massively important layup and he should have made it. 

The refs always favor the Heat, but in the end, we have to play and we cannot blame the refs.  We blew the game with poor execution at the end of the game, and Rondo's was the worst offense in a series of bad executions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's missed layup : Big Baby missed layups in the game, Garnett missed a dunk and several of the big three booted passes that wer easy scores, why blame Rondo? It sounds like yall have it out for him. I have pulverized my radial head (the bone he dislocated) and I guarantee he was in massive pain, yet performed at 80%. He kicked butt given the situation.  He lost the full contact jiu jitsu with wade the cheap shot artist....It was Docs call and Doc is no fool. The reticence to call fouls on Wade and James was the difference here, nothing more.

Maybe yall missed the two or three big hits Rondo took on Defense. God forbid they might call Lebron for charging (his favorite moves). Rondo got clobbered in the effort. Arroyo? Does he play for Boston? Rondo deserves credit, he wouldve played if it fell off, dude,

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's missed layup : Because Rondo's miss was at a more critical point in the game.  Its like being in a football game and saying that you dropped a 10 yard pass for a first down in the first quarter and its the same as dropping a touchdown pass with 48 seconds to go that puts you up.   That was a massively important layup and he should have made it.  The refs always favor the Heat, but in the end, we have to play and we cannot blame the refs.  We blew the game with poor execution at the end of the game, and Rondo's was the worst offense in a series of bad executions.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

He was fouled in the act, you know jiu jitsu cager wade wouldve gotten the call.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

No we lost it when KG had his dad play for him tonight

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

A lesser player is sitting on the bench in street clothes.  If you want to blame the loss on someone, how about KG (1-10 FG) and two or three turnovers and dropped passes. 

These guys played hard and lost, it's not fair to blame Rondo. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

Goodbye LeBron & Wade, Im Outta Here!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Rondo's missed layup : Rondo shouldn't even have been playing, except maybe spot duty. 38 minutes of one armed PG play was valiant but certainly not winning basketball. We would have been better served with Arroyo and West.. but then again Rondo would have insisted...and Doc would have caved.   Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Such a joke!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's missed layup : Because Rondo's miss was at a more critical point in the game.  Its like being in a football game and saying that you dropped a 10 yard pass for a first down in the first quarter and its the same as dropping a touchdown pass with 48 seconds to go that puts you up.   That was a massively important layup and he should have made it.  The refs always favor the Heat, but in the end, we have to play and we cannot blame the refs.  We blew the game with poor execution at the end of the game, and Rondo's was the worst offense in a series of bad executions.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

No, its like getting facemasked and dropping the ball in the fourth quarter with :48 seconds remaining. Ref doesnt call it, no review or appeal available. Please apples to apples dust to dust...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's missed layup : No, its like getting facemasked and dropping the ball in the fourth quarter with :48 seconds remaining. Ref doesnt call it, no review or appeal available. Please apples to apples dust to dust...

adios, off to south beach boys!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

idk about some of these posts but Im with those that say you just simply cannot miss that shot really ever but especially at that juncture of the game...the injury didnt even play a role there...it's the rondo spin, he lays the ball up with a spin thats all his own and it allows him to make circus shots but it also means misses on regular layups because you simply dont need the spin when shooting a regular layup...to me that's just choking pure and simple, your team made a winning basketball play and you blow an uncontested layup

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]A lesser player is sitting on the bench in street clothes.  If you want to blame the loss on someone, how about KG (1-10 FG) and two or three turnovers and dropped passes.  These guys played hard and lost, it's not fair to blame Rondo. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

I'm not one of the ones blaming Rondo.  I'm just saying his late missed layup was massively important.  I think the total team lost it with poor execution down the stretch.  We saw this late in the season and its now come back to hurt us.  They played hard, i loved them, but their legs just gave out and the shots did not fall coupled with Miami showing some real heroics!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's missed layup : No, its like getting facemasked and dropping the ball in the fourth quarter with :48 seconds remaining. Ref doesnt call it, no review or appeal available. Please apples to apples dust to dust...

I did not see a foul.  Maybe you did, but I'm not blaming it on the refs.  We need to accept that we lost it, not the refs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Hard to win when Delonte West is your back up point.  And Glen Davis should have had more playing time

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

And Shaq being a liability as he misses free throws

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

You're obviously not a "great player" because you've got nothing better to do than second guess someone on a message board and then stuff your face with pizza.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

[QUOTE]Agree 100%.  Absolutely cannot miss that shot with 48 seconds left.  I know he's injured, but if he can't make that shot, he shouldn't be in the game.  It was the exact same play from KG to Ray earlier that Ray stuffed. 
    Posted by rpn313[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Gotta blame Doc and his "I played my whole career with one arm, " crap statement he made on ESPN.  And Shaq isn't worth a damn either.  Doc needs to get real. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

It was one of many key moments... BUT...

A 13 point 4th quarter ???? Outrebounded 45 to 28 ???

I have no idea what that "play" was at the end of regulation.  They'd have done better to go wide 4 corners and let PP solo in the middle. What was that mess???

As we have seen, this Miami team is very beatable. We had them tonight.

Now, we're in the coffin, talking to the angels. Can we climb out?

Yes, but not if these guys have to play 40 plus minutes. Don't blame the players. They played their guts out. This was Grady staying with Pedro.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Cant argue that Rondos missed layup was key... 

but our offense disappeared... either missing open shots or in a crisis with the shot clock winding down. 

With all that, with KG playing a poor game, with Rondo and his elbow, with Ray not scoring most of the game... how the heck were we in a position to win the game in the final seconds?

Sections
Shortcuts