Rondo's missed layup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from renecito713. Show renecito713's posts

Re: Rondo's missed layup

Rondo wasn't even in the ball game if I remember correctly, both times we pushed up a big lead. It was the Bench and paul. Actually, I'm sure of it. West, Green, Paul, BB, and JO pushed our lead up the first and second time. Rondo was brave and I give him a ton of credit for going out there, but Doc realized a little too late he was hurting more than helping when he kept Rondo out late game. It's not classless to point out the truth. It's a different ball game if Rondo hits that lay up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo's missed layup:
    Rondo wasn't even in the ball game if I remember correctly, both times we pushed up a big lead. It was the Bench and paul. Actually, I'm sure of it. West, Green, Paul, BB, and JO pushed our lead up the first and second time. Rondo was brave and I give him a ton of credit for going out there, but Doc realized a little too late he was hurting more than helping when he kept Rondo out late game. It's not classless to point out the truth. It's a different ball game if Rondo hits that lay up.
    Posted by renecito713

Yes Rondo was plenty brave... but the C's played better with Rondo on the bench.

Bravery only gets you so far. You need a two armed PG who can shoot his position, something Rondo has a problem with when completely healthy.

With only one arm and plenty of PG valor.... the wheels come off at crunch time.

No doubt, Rondo would have squalled if doc tried to sit him... so there we have it. Doc caving to Rondo's ego to the detriment of the team.

Sound familiar??? It should.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pud,
    I actually don't disagree with you about this game.  But who is a worse guy in your opinion.  Rondo or Bin Laden?  

Doc is too blame not Rondo. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Pud, I actually don't disagree with you about this game.  But who is a worse guy in your opinion.  Rondo or Bin Laden?   Doc is too blame not Rondo. 
    Posted by concord27

doc is the coach. He caves to Rondo's ego. Always has. Always will.

Yes, doc is the grown up. He is to blame.

BTW... I appreciate your "not disagreeing" with me. Is this a first for us?

People will begin to talk...  you know.

And a thoughtful question for you.... Who is the worst person, Pud or Osama?

Pud 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Thge Iso play with 19 left and dribble dribble then drive was stupid everyone else stood around didnt help

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

In Response to Rondo's missed layup:
    That's when we lost it... The main thing about great players is not that sometimes they make impossible shots, but that they NEVER miss the easy ones. (Ivan Lendl)
    Posted by rdmbrazil

This is literally the dumbest thing I have ever read. Everyone misses shots. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo's missed layup : He was fouled in the act, you know jiu jitsu cager wade wouldve gotten the call.
    Posted by DeweyCBoston

YES!

Rondo was PUSHED... but whatever.  Still gotta finish strong at the rim I guess

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Rondo missed an uncontested layup.  Let's accept it and stop claiming that somehow he was fouled.  He missed a layup at the most critical of times.

THAT was not why we lost the game.  Our execution in the 4th quarter was horrendous especially with 19.5 seconds left.  Guys took horrible shots and made bad passes resulting in turnovers.  We played decent enough D to win.  The score was 86-86 at the end of regulation.  If we hold Miami to 86 points, we're supposed to win.

We were a comedy of errors down the stretch culminated with Rondo's missed layup.  The Celtics lost this game more than the Heat won it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I agree Petey62.

I guess Doc doesn't realize that playing only 7-8 guys is klilling his team down the stretch. He should've benched BBD after game #2 and not given him undeserved minutes.

The extended minutes are causing the late turnovers and failure in execution.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Couldn't execute a simple pick and roll to get a decent shot off to break a tie is the play that might and I'm saying might...put an end to their season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Couldn't execute a simple pick and roll to get a decent shot off to break a tie is the play that might and I'm saying might...put an end to their season.
    Posted by walk2run

And to the Big Three plus One as we know them. And doc too.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawaiibob. Show hawaiibob's posts

Cross-posting here:

The Celtics win or lose as a team;period! As a team, we're all in for Wednesday;period!

Can I get an amen?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo's missed layup : I did not see a foul.  Maybe you did, but I'm not blaming it on the refs.  We need to accept that we lost it, not the refs.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

well, the KG foul they called for DW was bretty embarrasing.  drive directly at the defender and put up a weak shot, defender sends it into the seats, easy block - since when is that a foul in the playoffs - love it when the refs call decide the game.    god forbid they call a fould for JO when he gets hacked underneath, but DW and LJ, get special rules that are just for them on the floor - definitely makes it easier to win when you don't have to play by the same rules.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

The Celtics simply cannot win without Rondo. Check the numbers, they're actually staggering. One cheap play by D-wade and the arm goes snap and that was that...very sad to say!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

It was a big play and really can't happen but you can't knock Rondo at this point.  The James 3 was the biggest shot of the game.

The other play that sticks out for me, was when Green couldn't handle the Rondo pass when they had a 3-1 break pretty late.  They were already up 5 (I think) at that point, they convert that and it is a 4 point swing. 

Oh well, it feels pretty bleek today but maybe they will surprise us tomorrow.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

I can't say anything against Rondo. Sorry, dude has my complete support.

Why not blame Ray Allen for missing that technical FT? Or Delonte for missing that critical FT in the 4th quarter? Or KG for going 1-10?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Both teams played well enough to win in regulation. Pierce had great offense and good defense, KG had horrible offense, but great defense. Rondo had his moments, and Ray had his moments. Even JO played well for stretches. There is no such thing as a perfect game, but it certainly helps when everyone is playing good defense.

KG's game is very confidence based. As a result, I would have liked to see them find a way to get the ball to him early and often. Instead the Heat fronted him and the Celtics went elsewhere. Later in the game, he tried jump shooting and lost confidence.  He even missed a dunk. The team must make adjustments before the next game. This had to be one of his worst offensive games ever.

While I would always prefer someone other than Rondo taking the shot at important times, what are the chances that he could miss an uncontested lay-up.

This was a team loss. With this group, it is not over until it is over. ... on to South Beach.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

Making a layup is part of a team's execution. It's hard to win if you don't make the plays. Miami made the plays and they still could (should) have lost. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Hmm,

At the end of regulation, when the Heat decided to have Lebron isolate, and Doc put KG on Lebron. Lebron did not drive, instead he had to take a contested jump shot over a guy that is 7'1" tall. Lebron did not execute.

Sh*t happens.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfaninnewyork. Show soxfaninnewyork's posts

In Response to Rondo's missed layup : Rondo shouldn't even have been playing, except maybe spot duty. 38 minutes of one armed PG play was valiant but certainly not winning basketball. We would have been better served with Arroyo and West.. but then again Rondo would have insisted...and Doc would have caved.   Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

You're right    Arroyo hasn't been used at all.  Rondo still plays like he's on the schoolyard.  No other guard has as many turnovers/bad passes like him.  So, with all the good things he does, he negates it with turnovers, missed foul shots, and lousy passes 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfaninnewyork. Show soxfaninnewyork's posts

WITH ALL THE GOOD THINGS HE DOES (WHICH IS NOT ALL THE TIME)
    HE NEGATES THEM WITH TURNOVERS, LOUSY PASSES, AND WAY TOO MANY MISSED FOUL SHOTS.

THE OTHER FACTOR IS THE BONEHEAD TRADES MADE BY DANNY AINGE.
    KRSTIC(NETS REJECT) GREEN, MURPHY (NETS REJECT) AND PETROVIC (DID I SPELL IT RIGHT?) ALL SITTING ON THE BENCH EXCEPT FOR GREEN, GETTING SPLINTERS.
    WHAT A WASTE GIVING UP KENDRICK, NATE, ERDIN, AND HARANGODY.
    HE'S A JERK.  GIVING UP EDDIE HOUSE AND TONY ALLEN WAS ALSO DUMB 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo's missed layup : It was bigger than the Rondo layup miss Calmy. Pierce did not defend that well and here is why. After Ray hits a monster 3, you felt the Cs had a bit of momentum on their side. Therefore, in no way shape or form can you then give the Heat any crack at taking a 3 to re-tie the game. Pierce should have been right up on Lebron so it would have forced him to go to the paint. A 2 at that moment is way better than a 3. And Pierce just was not on him tight enough. It is what it is. They have another game to play so let's see what happens. It is very hard to pin it on any one play or player for that matter. Lack of excecution down the stretch and on the final play did the Cs in.
    Posted by antiqueman1

Good post.  Good points. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Hmm, At the end of regulation, when the Heat decided to have Lebron isolate, and Doc put KG on Lebron. Lebron did not drive, instead he had to take a contested jump shot over a guy that is 7'1" tall. Lebron did not execute. Sh*t happens.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime

If you understand what was going on, you'll understand that Doc did not put KG on LeBron.  There was a pick and they switched.  Rather than switch back while Lebron was running out the shot clock, they stayed that way.  I put that on Paul for not getting back.  Then, after switching, he let Bosh get in front of him.  There was no other switching so don't blame Ray.  It was Paul's man.  

You're right though - sh*t happens and now we move on to the next game and win it.  This team has to just show its fight with its back to the wall.   Never say die until there's no time on the clock.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo's missed layup : well, the KG foul they called for DW was bretty embarrasing.  drive directly at the defender and put up a weak shot, defender sends it into the seats, easy block - since when is that a foul in the playoffs - love it when the refs call decide the game.    god forbid they call a fould for JO when he gets hacked underneath, but DW and LJ, get special rules that are just for them on the floor - definitely makes it easier to win when you don't have to play by the same rules.
    Posted by jeezem

True that Wade gets calls that others don't.   But, that's because he's going hard to the basket.  Refs are rewarding that.  We go too soft and fade away too often.  you're right......Refs definitely favor miami and its easier when you get the calls they got, but we still could have won that game!  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

that was a shocking miss and it was with his right hand, and so the injury played no role and no one was near him; he missed a wide open layup in the last minute of a tied playoff game- rondo is great and he is gutsy but that was awful and inexcusable!!! you don't see things like that from really great players

Sections
Shortcuts