Rondo's Selfishness Really Makes Me Mad

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Rondo's Selfishness Really Makes Me Mad

"Please read my post of why I think this and prove me wrong"

Why do you have to be proven wrong when you have no evidence. You're speculating. You have no idea what motivates Rondo. 

How about if you find some evidence to back up your case besides your own irrational notions and then we'll have a serious discussion. 

Here's another explanation: Rondo doesn't like to go the hole, especially in late game situations, because he's not comfortable at the foul line. He also passes because team basketball is important to him. He is trying to shoot more because Doc wants him to, but he is not yet clear on when to shoot and to pass in late game situations, and being fallible, he made some mistakes in that area last night. 

All these explanations are just as valid as yours if not moreso, given that no one on the team itself has mentioned your explanation and other players and Doc Rivers have mentioned some if not all fo the explanations I noted. 

For you to accuse Rondo of subverting the team for padding his stats is a pretty serious accusation and in my view completed unwarranted. How about supporting your team instead of whining in here?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo's Selfishness Really Makes Me Mad:
    " Please read my post of why I think this and prove me wrong" Why do you have to be proven wrong when you have no evidence. You're speculating. You have no idea what motivates Rondo.  How about if you find some evidence to back up your case besides your own irrational notions and then we'll have a serious discussion.  Here's another explanation: Rondo doesn't like to go the hole, especially in late game situations, because he's not comfortable at the foul line. He also passes because team basketball is important to him. He is trying to shoot more because Doc wants him to, but he is not yet clear on when to shoot and to pass in late game situations, and being fallible, he made some mistakes in that area last night.  All these explanations are just as valid as yours if not moreso, given that no one on the team itself has mentioned your explanation and other players and Doc Rivers have mentioned some if not all fo the explanations I noted.  For you to accuse Rondo of subverting the team for padding his stats is a pretty serious accusation and in my view completed unwarranted. How about supporting your team instead of whining in here?
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

You make some good points however, its hard to justify Rondo passing up layups.. Heck, he has no problem throwing up weird looking, horse-like layups during games.... I think cause they are snaeky shots, off the wrong foot etc so hes apt not to get fouled..

But breakaway layups??? Its not like last night was the first time.  There is just no explanation that justifies it.  Even sometimes when he dishes off to a teammate like last night when he gave it to BBD... thing is BBD was behind ROndo on the break and a defender too close for comfort chasing him.... but ROndo...ahead of them both, passed backwards to BBD..  

Whatever the explanation...it is wrong! How does DOc allow this??

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo's Selfishness Really Makes Me Mad : You make some good points however, its hard to justify Rondo passing up layups.. Heck, he has no problem throwing up weird looking, horse-like layups during games.... I think cause they are snaeky shots, off the wrong foot etc so hes apt not to get fouled.. But breakaway layups??? Its not like last night was the first time.  There is just no explanation that justifies it.  Even sometimes when he dishes off to a teammate like last night when he gave it to BBD... thing is BBD was behind ROndo on the break and a defender too close for comfort chasing him.... but ROndo...ahead of them both, passed backwards to BBD..   Whatever the explanation...it is wrong! How does DOc allow this??
    Posted by Karllost

That one with BBD was defintely not a good decision. If it is a clear 2 on 0 with Rondo leading the way then yes it the correct thing to do by rewarding the 2nd guy with a good easy basket. They got lucky with that BBD breakaway.

On another note. What is up with these refs that can't see the goaltending when it hits the backboard. That missed goatending call was the 2nd one in the last 2 games. As Tommy H. would say,  "these refs are horrible"

damfuno, did you hear Doc's post game interview. He was pissed and said that PP has to be given the ball more to shoot. I have never seen Doc so pissed as last night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo's Selfishness Really Makes Me Mad : That one with BBD was defintely not a good decision. If it is a clear 2 on 0 with Rondo leading the way then yes it the correct thing to do by rewarding the 2nd guy with a good easy basket. They got lucky with that BBD breakaway. On another note. What is up with these refs that can't see the goaltending when it hits the backboard. That missed goatending call was the 2nd one in the last 2 games. As Tommy H. would say,  "these refs are horrible"
    Posted by paesan59

Tommy H is right!  The NBA refs are the worse pro sports refs  going. They miss so many obvious calls, make the worse phantom calls...its just not possible the alleged best basketball refs available can be so weak..  Its mindboggling

College, HS & youth refs dont make so many bad calls... not even close

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo's Selfishness Really Makes Me Mad : Dang I missed it........watched it on streaming computer.........I hope he told RR the same thing.....
    Posted by damfuno

Here is the link to the interview. Needless to say Doc was pissed and actually snapped at a reporter.

http://espn.go.com/blog/BostonCeltics/post/_/id/4682069/postgame-notes-doc-put-up-the-warning-signs

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigJoedaddyBoston. Show BigJoedaddyBoston's posts

Rondo needs to grow up and learn how to shoot a jump shot

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

As the big three goes SO GOES RONDO, rondo can not produce consistently when the pressure is on at the end of games, play West if we do not have a ten point lead or more.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

If Rondo is scared to shoot FTs at the end of the game and thats why he doesn't drive.... then he should sit at the end of games .... seems simple to me ... at the end of games they play 4 on 5 ... no wonder we lost

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

If Rondo is scared to shoot FTs at the end of the game and thats why he doesn't drive.... then he should sit at the end of games .... seems simple to me ... at the end of games they play 4 on 5 ... no wonder we lost
    Posted by KGLove

But doc is hesitant to sit Rondo at the end of games because it might hurt his confidence... and cause morale problems.

Simple enough.

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts