Rondo's Shooting's Not That Bad

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Rondo's Shooting's Not That Bad

Compared to his defense! 
    I've said it beofre and I'll say it again:  As pathetic a shooter as he is the part of his game that aggravates me most is his defense.  He cannot keep anyone in front of him and easily gets picked off in a pick-and roll.  Seems like every PG that goes up against him puts up unreal numbers.  Tonight it was Darren (Who?) Collison: 8 for 9.  During the most important defensive possesion he blew by Rondo for a lay-up...and Rondo is 1st Team defense and an All-Star? 
    What a Joke!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Rondo's Shooting's Not That Bad

In Response to Rondo's Shooting's Not That Bad:
    Compared to his defense!  I've said it beofre and I'll say it again:  As pathetic a shooter as he is the part of his game that aggravates me most is his defense.  He cannot keep anyone in front of him and easily gets picked off in a pick-and roll.  Seems like every PG that goes up against him puts up unreal numbers.  Tonight it was Darren (Who?) Collison: 8 for 9.  During the most important defensive possesion he blew by Rondo for a lay-up...and Rondo is 1st Team defense and an All-Star?  What a Joke!
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan

It'll be interesting to see if Rondo gets 1st Team Defense again this year, particularly with Perk not backing him up anymore.

Doc's "Earth to Rondo" wakeup call didn't quite make it a full 48 minutes. Collison ate him up when the game was winding down.

I would like to see West replacing Rondo in the 4th quarters...PERIOD!  By that time, Rondo has already given us most all he's got to give.

Pud 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo's Shooting's Not That Bad:

you do realize that just bc Collison is a pg, doesnt mean that he scored all of his points on Rondo. in fact, Rondo has been playing much better d as of late, and its extremely sad to see ppl still trying to attack something that he obviously excels at when healthy and focused. his ON BALL defense has NOTHING to do with perk, thats a stupid claim. 

as for him being replaced, you did see the TWO CONSECUTIVE o rbs that Rondo gutted out at the end of tonites game right?? these are the kinds of plays Rondo makes at the end of games all the time (another example being the two hustle plays made against the knicks on anthony) yall need to stop beating the kid up for nothing...seriously. yes he was in a slump, but he appears to be out of it. you cant expect our pg to score 38 pts, 24 assists, 19 rbs and 14 steals every game. it shows wat kinda "fans" some of you are.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo's Shooting's Not That Bad:
    In Response to Re: Rondo's Shooting's Not That Bad : you do realize that just bc Collison is a pg, doesnt mean that he scored all of his points on Rondo. in fact, Rondo has been playing much better d as of late, and its extremely sad to see ppl still trying to attack something that he obviously excels at when healthy and focused. his ON BALL defense has NOTHING to do with perk, thats a stupid claim.  as for him being replaced, you did see the TWO CONSECUTIVE o rbs that Rondo gutted out at the end of tonites game right?? these are the kinds of plays Rondo makes at the end of games all the time (another example being the two hustle plays made against the knicks on anthony) yall need to stop beating the kid up for nothing...seriously. yes he was in a slump, but he appears to be out of it. you cant expect our pg to score 38 pts, 24 assists, 19 rbs and 14 steals every game. it shows wat kinda "fans" some of you are.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Doc finally spanks our PG, holds him out of a game... and suddenly the funk that he has been wallowing in disappears.  The coma lifts. The sulking is gone. The demons have been vanquished!

Rondo LIVES!!!

He comes out like a house afire and hits 8 of 10 shots in the first half, hits all his FTs and you wonder.... where has young Rondo been? Who lit the fire under this stranger we see playing out on the court wearing #9?

Didn't last though. Not for a full 48 minutes. Too good to be true.

And what sort of Jekyll/Hyde games is this kid playing? Good game up thru 3 quarters. Rondo is playing with heart.

In the fourth quarter, the old Rondo re-appears though. Two rebounds???? Terrific.. but that's it.

No points. No aggressiveness. No shots. Can't/won't play defense. Collison is eating him up.

The kid who had suddenly awaken from his dreadful slumber, despite the re-injured pinkie, the PF, the bad ankle.... all the old excuses that had mysteriously disappeared earlier in the game... has fallen back into bad habits.

The 1000 year stare is back. The demons are regaining advantage.

Play Delonte, doc, when the game is on the line.

Send Rondo yet another message.

He is fried, dried and mystified.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

It's funny how the Rondo lovers will NOT admit his shortcomings: "stop beating him up for nothing"?  after he gets torched by another no name point guard? I now see how Doc and Danny must also feel about him.
    I want Rondo to do well, we need him to do well, but enough excuses for this guy, he CANNOT defend!  If Doc sticks his head in the sand and stands by him no matter what, like a lot of fans here, we will not get very far.

Sections
Shortcuts