Rondo's Suspicious Behavior is an Omen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rondo's Suspicious Behavior is an Omen

I get the feeling that Rondo is working WITH Danny and Brad on a common objective... to be traded to a contender.

The timing of his return.  The statements to the media.  Rondo's behavior.  Lets face it, Rondo like every other NBA player, would prefer to play with a competitive team that has a chance at winning and not a team beginning a lengthly and arduous rebuilding process.   

The "Captain" thing is just another Danny ploy IMO, to position his player as a leader to enhance his trade value.

The talent on this Celtics team, coupled with Brad's system, and Rondo's upcoming contract demands, is not the best environment for Rondo or the Celtics.

The two questions in my mind is will Rondo be traded by the Feb 20 deadline or at the end of the season and who will be our next PG.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Rondo's Suspicious Behavior is an Omen

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I get the feeling that Rondo is working WITH Danny and Brad on a common objective... to be traded to a contender.

The timing of his return.  The statements to the media.  Rondo's behavior.  Lets face it, Rondo like every other NBA player, would prefer to play with a competitive team that has a chance at winning and not a team beginning a lengthly and arduous rebuilding process.   

The "Captain" thing is just another Danny ploy IMO, to position his player as a leader to enhance his trade value.

The talent on this Celtics team, coupled with Brad's system, and Rondo's upcoming contract demands, is not the best environment for Rondo or the Celtics.

The two questions in my mind is will Rondo be traded by the Feb 20 deadline or at the end of the season and who will be our next PG.   

[/QUOTE]

LOL.  Now there is a new angle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

GM, coach and the player all scheming together for a trade is a little far fetched for me.  If Rondo plays well and prove that he can excel without star players like he had in the past, I think there will be teams looking and happy to trade for his service.  But then again the Celtics might not want to if that is the case.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to scubber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

GM, coach and the player all scheming together for a trade is a little far fetched for me.  If Rondo plays well and prove that he can excel without star players like he had in the past, I think there will be teams looking and happy to trade for his service.  But then again the Celtics might not want to if that is the case.

[/QUOTE]

There are a few teams with the Cap and/or the need to upgrade their PG postion (Phoenix, Knicks, Houston, LA, Orlando ...    

Even if Rondo plays very well for the C's (which I expect Brad/Danny to faciltate) and given the other logic in the OP -  Rondo's upcoming contract demand of $18-20M for 5 years is a non-starter for Danny at this point in the rebuild IMO.  He may be worth that to some other teams competing in the playoffs, but he is not worth that to the C's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Yeah! Making Rondo one of 20 Celtics captains of all time is surely a sign they they are looking to move on from him!

Lets pretend that Danny would resort to such low measures. Who are we trading Rondo to that is a contender? There are four teams that I am interested in possibly trading Rondo to, and neither are contenders because all of them hold a chance at a top 3 pick. The only possibility is shipping him with Green and/or Bass to create a contender. Options:

1. Magic. Give them Rondo and Green, take back Harkless expirings and their 2014 unprotected pick. They "compete" next year with Rondo, Oladipo, Afflalo, Green, Harris, Davis and Vucevic

2. Kings. Give them Rondo, take back expirings, Isaiah Thomas and their 2014 pick. They compete next year with Rondo, McClemore, Gay, Williams and Cousins.

3. Bucks. Give the Bucks Rondo and Green and take back expirings, Knight and their unprotected 2014 pick. They "compete" next year with Rondo, Mayo, Green, Henson, Sanders

4. Utah. I maybe do something different here. Give them Rondo and Green for Burke and Hayward, the rights to swap 2014 picks and a 2014 2nd round pick. They "compete" with Rondo, Burks, Green, Favors, Kanter and still get a likely top5 player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of the trade Rondo crowd you are one of the few, I find to be sane. In fact, I like a lot of your posts. but I think you are in error. I mean which contender do you send him too?

Heat? have a decent point guard and what would they give up? Lebron obviously no. Wade too old to help us in a rebuild and injury prone. Bosh? leaves the heat without any real length.

Indiana?George, uhm indinaa won't do that Hibbert either. Granger maybe, but he is injury prone and older. 

Spurs/Warrirs/clips/Thunder? Point guard covered. why start over even if they thought Rondo was a slight upgrade.

Rockets? What do they have to offer, Lamb and Asik? No thank you. 

I mean what true contender is left?

Well to someone for picks perhaps?Which contender has any good picks? we have 17 in the next five years already anyway. That's a quite a few, not sure we need more.

No, I think we are keeping rondo like we kept Pierce in 07. With the draft picks we have when a star becoms avilible danny will make a move. not to mention we could score in the lottery ourselves.

If Rondo is getting traded it makes much much more sense to do at next years trade deadline.

because we can A see how trades, drafts and free agency shakes out and Rondo will be coming up on the end of his contract.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BULLCRAP !

RONDO IS STAYING.....

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought Eldunko said Monroe and Jennings for Rondo?

Monroe and Jennings Celtic players yet?

[/QUOTE]

I thought fungus said PauGasol for Rondo.

Is Pau a Celtic yet?

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Rondo to the Pacers for Lance stephenson and what ever else they would have to give us to make the salaries work.  I doubt the Pacers would do this trade, because they probably believe they can win a ring with the team they have now. But than again,they need a pure point guard, and Bird has always liked Rondo's game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Rondo to the Pacers for Lance stephenson and what ever else they would have to give us to make the salaries work.  I doubt the Pacers would do this trade, because they probably believe they can win a ring with the team they have now. But than again,they need a pure point guard, and Bird has always liked Rondo's game.

I don't know too much about Lance but maybe Larry Joe has the bonafides to improve RR's jumpshot...

I was more than halfway hoping that jumpshot would be censured so that I could put jumpsnot in its place. It's a real shame they wouldn't

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know too much about Lance but maybe Larry Joe has the bonafides to improve RR's jumpshot...

I was more than halfway hoping that jumpshot would be censured so that I could put jumpsnot in its place. It's a real shame they wouldn't

[/QUOTE] That snot funny. Lance can be a real headcase, but so can Rondo. That should make it a fair trade.  It may be too late for anyone to improve Rondo's jumpsnot, he just has a bad release point. kind of one handed off to the side thing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] That snot funny. Lance can be a real headcase, but so can Rondo. That should make it a fair trade.  It may be too late for anyone to improve Rondo's jumpsnot, he just has a bad release point. kind of one handed off to the side thing.

[/QUOTE]

RR still has plenty of time to improve his jumper...HAHA!

But making him a captain with the idea of trading him is far-fetched. Everybody in the league knows his strengths and shortcomings, so the captain thing is irrelevant in that regard.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nice! I think you're right. The release point literally needs to be right between the eyes(above of course unless he likes his steak like leather).

For the 'his hands are too big crowd', I would suggest pulling the Ronnie Lott card & clipping 8 of his digits. I would never question his mental/physical toughness again. Ever

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nice! I think you're right. The release point literally needs to be right between the eyes(above of course unless he likes his steak like leather).

For the 'his hands are too big crowd', I would suggest pulling the Ronnie Lott card & clipping 8 of his digits. I would never question his mental/physical toughness again. Ever

[/QUOTE]

It would be impossible for anyone to play well with 2 fingers.  Even Magic Johnson couldn't have pulled it off.

I do think that If you were to kidnap Rondo and cut off four of his fingers that he could still average 10 points a game. Because you could never take his brain.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Well I mean you could take his brain if you kidnapped him and killed him. But if you didn't kill him and left him with four fingers...look out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It would be impossible for anyone to play well with 2 fingers.  Even Magic Johnson couldn't have pulled it off.

I do think that If you were to kidnap Rondo and cut off four of his fingers that he could still average 10 points a game. Because you could never take his brain.

[/QUOTE]

Good morning Sunshine!

I did omit that fact that I meant his tips(which was what Lott had done). I'll try & be more concrete next time.

You are 100% correct about me taking his brain though. That has become your past time(not that there's anything wrong with that-seriously).

Is it me or are you increasingly looking like a young Tank Sinatra?

Even you have to admit that wasn't too shabby...Kudos

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good morning Sunshine!

I did omit that fact that I meant his tips(which was what Lott had done). I'll try & be more concrete next time.

You are 100% correct about me taking his brain though. That has become your past time(not that there's anything wrong with that-seriously).

[/QUOTE]

Ahh...just the tip.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good morning Sunshine!

[/QUOTE]

Ahh...just the tip.

[/QUOTE]

of the iceberg...No love for Tank though, huh? And here I thought our relations were thawing. So much for detente...

Sections
Shortcuts