Rondo's Team

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Rondo's Team

I had wondered if we were showcasing Bradley by playing him so much.  No I see that this grim reality is this is the team we are going to war with.

What has happened to Pierce is the reality that we have to deal with. He was our best player just months ago.  He is playing a JON version of small forward.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Well if you can't trade him, you are stuck with trying to build around him.

Thru 9 games, our untradeable PG has 18 4th quarter points combined, 20 4th quarter dimes combined.

I watched the Heat-Clips last night way into the early morning. Now that's the way NBA basketball should be played.

I watched a future marque matchup!

Compared to the sluggish, simply inept, totally unsatisfactory Cs-Mavs farce... well.... no comparison at all.

All that youth and vigor going toe to toe into OT, awww never mind....

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,
    Pierce is the youngest of the big three.  His performance needs more scrutiny. He just did not get old. He is either injured, out of shape, or both.

Unless you believe GK who says he is the Shawn Kemp of the lockout.  I'd like not to believe that. Pierce looks bad but not that bad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo's Team:
    [QUOTE]Fierce, Pierce is the youngest of the big three.  His performance needs more scrutiny. He just did not get old. He is either injured, out of shape, or both. Unless you believe GK who says he is the Shawn Kemp of the lockout.  I'd like not to believe that. Pierce looks bad but not that bad.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

THEY ARE AND OLD TEAM AND ITS NOT GOING TO GET ANY BETTER. I PREDICT THEY WILL STRUGGLE WITH ALL TEAMS THIS YEARS AND GET EMBARRASSED BY THE ELITE ONES. SAD TO SEE IT END BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Didn't the Celts say this at some point last year too? It may be his team but I would still rather have CP3 running it. Still can't believe Rondo was hurt/insulted that the Celts were trying to trade him for CP3. Instead he should've been freakin' flattered like Doc & DA said! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't the Celts say this at some point last year too? It may be his team but I would still rather have CP3 running it. Still can't believe Rondo was hurt/insulted that the Celts were trying to trade him for CP3. Instead he should've been freakin' flattered like Doc & DA said! 
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

This has been said for years... that it's Rondo's team.

What hurt about the CP3 for Rondo trade was that the Cs were willing to trade Rondo, Green, other pieces and first round picks for a rental CP3.

And no interest. OUCH!

Watching CP3 against the Heat last night, you know why.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,
    GK is a restrained and classy troll.  Still loathsome.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Team : This has been said for years... that it's Rondo's team. What hurt about the CP3 for Rondo trade was that the Cs were willing to trade Rondo, Green, other pieces and first round picks for a rental CP3. And no interest. OUCH! Watching CP3 against the Heat last night, you know why. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    Let's hope all the Rondo gushing by the brass lately has more to do with pumping his stock for a potential trade then about his play because as much as I like the kid he still has yet to show that he can keep this pace up the whole year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Face it.

Rondo is the only reason to watch this team. He does something incredible everynight. Enjoy it, because the way he's hitting the deck it could be a shortened season and, maybe, career. He's busting his tail out there.

His flaws make him human and provide drama, unlike the cruise control vets who stand and watch. Root for him when he tries a jumper, feel his personal demons when he goes to line. Feel the frustration as he waits for stumbling dead men to get into position.

Without him we're watching what looks like womens basketball.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Cs were willing to trade Rondo, Green, other pieces and first round picks for a rental CP3. And no interest."

Rondo has 24 points and 7 assists and you're still trolling like a rabid Rondo hating dog. 

Just a heads up: Chris Paul did not want to come to Boston, which eliminated them from trade contention. He was concerned about the age of the big 3 and their closing window, amongst other things. Understandably so.

Saying Rondo is untradeable is totally inaccurate and trollish. What Rondo IS is untradeable for what Ainge wants in return. 

Rondo right now is valuated by other teams as a top 5 to top 10 point guard with a decent contract. Since only the most elite point guards in the league (three) have serious trade value, Rondo actually has the trade value of maybe 40-50 ranked player in the NBA. Point guards are not generally the key to winning championships and Rondo has some additional weaknessness that make him less than perfect. 

So, it's understandable given how he can drive this team right now that Ainge wouldn't trade him for a 50-60 ranked NBA player in return. It's also understandable he would use him as a chip for Chris Paul, just didn't work out. 

The shame of it is that Rondo has brought a lot of enjoyment and you have missed out on it due to your self-Celtics hating disgust. 

Back on ignore, I'll check on you later in the year and see if you have grown up at all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

"....... do agree that it's time to rebuild... around Rondo. It's going to be tough for Bostonians to watch these next couple of years... especially watching the big 3 struggle... It's like watching the Spartans in 300 battle - you root for them but in the end you know they're going to lose..."

This was a quote from a poster on ESPN

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Team : Let's hope all the Rondo gushing by the brass lately has more to do with pumping his stock for a potential trade then about his play because as much as I like the kid he still has yet to show that he can keep this pace up the whole year.
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

nobody can keep up that pace..do you not see how he is getting smacked around every night he is aggressive, how much it takes for him to keep getting up? nobody can withstand that kind of punishment everynite.

wat everyone saw out of cp3 is him in a big time game, thats wat he does, hes a big time player, better than rondo. but even he doesnt put that kinda production out there every night.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Team : nobody can keep up that pace..do you not see how he is getting smacked around every night he is aggressive, how much it takes for him to keep getting up? nobody can withstand that kind of punishment everynite. wat everyone saw out of cp3 is him in a big time game, thats wat he does, hes a big time player, better than rondo. but even he doesnt put that kinda production out there every night.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Of course CP3 does not put up that kind of production every night.... well except that over his career he has averaged more points, more assists, more rebounds, etc...... so I guess not every night.... just the nights on which he plays..... don't just say stupid stuff just to say it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Team : Of course CP3 does not put up that kind of production every night.... well except that over his career he has averaged more points, more assists, more rebounds, etc...... so I guess not every night.... just the nights on which he plays..... don't just say stupid stuff just to say it.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

you justify your stupidity everytime you post. thank you. are you trying to tell me that cp3 averages more than 27pts, 11 assists, and 6 rebounds for his career? didnt think so. till nxt time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Team : Of course CP3 does not put up that kind of production every night.... well except that over his career he has averaged more points, more assists, more rebounds, etc...... so I guess not every night.... just the nights on which he plays..... don't just say stupid stuff just to say it.

you justify your stupidity everytime you post. thank you. are you trying to tell me that cp3 averages more than 27pts, 11 assists, and 6 rebounds for his career? didnt think so. till nxt time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Team : you justify your stupidity everytime you post. thank you. are you trying to tell me that cp3 averages more than 27pts, 11 assists, and 6 rebounds for his career? didnt think so. till nxt time.

I see you are making even more friends here with your intelligent and non-beligerent attitude.  Give it a rest, you don't know any more about basketball than anyone else here.  Stop pretending that you do!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Team : you justify your stupidity everytime you post. thank you. are you trying to tell me that cp3 averages more than 27pts, 11 assists, and 6 rebounds for his career? didnt think so. till nxt time.

If Rondo averaged any of that he would already be in the hall of fame.... unless of course you were not referring to Rondo.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Team : If Rondo averaged any of that he would already be in the hall of fame.... unless of course you were not referring to Rondo.

haha no..i was talking about what CP3 did last night, saying thats not a nightly average for him.

if rondo averaged that im quite positive there wouldnt be many people trying to trade him..right?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Team : I see you are making even more friends here with your intelligent and non-beligerent attitude.  Give it a rest, you don't know any more about basketball than anyone else here.  Stop pretending that you do!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

i mean, i wont lie. i know quite a bit. but i dont have any proof to know any more than you or anyone else, but ive never said i do.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to Rondo's Team:
    [QUOTE]http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/1/12/2701755/doc-this-is-rondos-team-right-now The time to make a major trade has passed. If Ainge was going to make a big trade it was last week after the Pacers game because the Celts had 4 days off after that game. So it's official, Rajon Rondo is and will be our franchise player.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

FROM......."THE BIG THREE to...

rondo's team plays..... no defense....just like their leader..

rondo's team cannot ...shoot...worth a damn  just like their leader

rondo's team has a pitiful ...loosing record....under their leader

rondo's team is going ...nowhere ...fast...just like their leader

rondo's team izzzzzzz....the little-one ...just like rondo...

BEAT L A ....BEAT L A .....BEAT L A .........

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rondo's Team : i mean, i wont lie. i know quite a bit. but i dont have any proof to know any more than you or anyone else, but ive never said i do.

Forget it - you made up for it all in your last post.  That was a good one!!

25. This post has been removed.