Rondo's, the teflon PG

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Rondo's, the teflon PG

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to Number6Fan's comment:

Rondo shouldn't have lost his cool, but he's not the AntiChrist.  We lost because we couldn't shoot the ball into the ocean (a common problem with us for years), and our defense is spotty at best.

wHAT ABOUT THE NEXT ________ games Rondo may miss due to suspension??

The Celtics have far more significant problems than Rondo.  He can play, it is the rest of the team that can't.  Pierce is a different player this year and the ramifications of it nobody seems to see yet.  Pierce can score but not in the way that helps the team.  He takes nights off without warning.  With two days rest yet he looks old.  Terry gets hardly a shot during the game.  Lee still can't get in the flow. Sullinger is a low impact player now. Jeff Green is what. Bradley is he going to be the same player?

KG is the only guy other than Rondo who has anything.  The other teams are better and we are worse.  We need a trade but who will want our personnel. Hopefully we improve but who will rebound. 

This is flat ridiculous.  Of course I have already shot this crap down with facts and all you do is throw opinions out there.  Yea the man  PP guarded  went something like 1-11 last night.  This was one of those big free agents.  Now the way Pierce scores is a problem?  Right,  he is about the only player we got that gets to the line.  Like I already pointed out,  his shooting percentage is the only thing not going right.  

A big man to rebound and guards shutting down the lanes are the problem,  it sure as crap isn't Pierce. It doesn't matter he is our second best rebounder, or our best playmaker outside of RR now does it.  Its the way he does it?  Oh really?    Go ahead and get off the band wagon and hop back on later.   You were probably saying the same things last year. And you are the only one bright enough to see the ramifications ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

About Rondo's suspension:

Rondo was "not happy," Rivers said. "He expected it. He didn't know (how long) it was going to be. We didn't make a big deal of it."

That's your problem Doc.... you never do and the monster grows bigger and bigger and bigger....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

About Rondo's suspension:

Rondo was "not happy," Rivers said. "He expected it. He didn't know (how long) it was going to be. We didn't make a big deal of it."

That's your problem Doc.... you never do and the monster grows bigger and bigger and bigger....

If doc comes down hard on R9R at this late date, Rondo mopes. Could be disaster.

Another Rondo incident this season, another suspension.... and all bets are off.

DA will be forced to choose between his own neck and  Rondo's neck.

Work the phones..... DA. Get what you can.

Pud

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

monster is a little strong, karl. i prefer to think of rondo as plucky .

btw, nice job outta you on the game thread last nite. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Rondo isn't going anywhere - he is an excellent player.

It's a long season - and if you want 11 guys who are afraid to fight - good luck with that.  In the grand scheme of things a suspension for Rondo is much better than a passive guy who doesn't fight.

Relax.

It's early in the year and now we get to see what Lee has before we have to make major decisions about what the roster looks like for the last 40 games of the season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

No, No Rondo Can't Go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah51M8Fdq3cis

This guy is so talented, he could make me look good in an NBA game!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Interesting article about the Spurs resting their players.  This was pulled out of article about athletes getting injured from fatigue of playing lots of games.  Just thought this piece may fit Rondo and our offense.

In addition, the league has changed. With the banishment of hand-checking and the allowance of zone defenses, Tom Thibodeau-style help defenses are the state of the art. This is great for fans -- it creates a lot of movement. Offenses that just pound the ball as everyone stands around aren't working very well, which was the point of the rule changes. 

Not blaming Rondo for this but Doc is the one that lets this happen.  I sure like the last two games where other people were handling the ball.  Are  we better without Rondo?  Not likely but we could sure play better with him playing differently.  What difference would Rondo had made in the last two games?  Probably none.  We would still have won the first and lost the second.  That makes me think no one is irreplaceable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Rondo shouldn't have lost his cool, but he's not the AntiChrist.  We lost because we couldn't shoot the ball into the ocean (a common problem with us for years), and our defense is spotty at best.

The Celtics have far more significant problems than Rondo.  He can play, it is the rest of the team that can't.  Pierce is a different player this year and the ramifications of it nobody seems to see yet.  Pierce can score but not in the way that helps the team.  He takes nights off without warning.  With two days rest yet he looks old.  Terry gets hardly a shot during the game.  Lee still can't get in the flow. Sullinger is a low impact player now. Jeff Green is what. Bradley is he going to be the same player?

KG is the only guy other than Rondo who has anything.  The other teams are better and we are worse.  We need a trade but who will want our personnel. Hopefully we improve but who will rebound. 

This is flat ridiculous.  Of course I have already shot this crap down with facts and all you do is throw opinions out there.  Yea the man  PP guarded  went something like 1-11 last night.  This was one of those big free agents.  Now the way Pierce scores is a problem?  Right,  he is about the only player we got that gets to the line.  Like I already pointed out,  his shooting percentage is the only thing not going right.  

A big man to rebound and guards shutting down the lanes are the problem,  it sure as crap isn't Pierce. It doesn't matter he is our second best rebounder, or our best playmaker outside of RR now does it.  Its the way he does it?  Oh really?    Go ahead and get off the band wagon and hop back on later.   You were probably saying the same things last year. And you are the only one bright enough to see the ramifications ?

I respect your thoughts.  Respect mine, the reason the Celtics are 9-8 is that Pierce is not the same player he was even last year.  It is not about that he can't do it sometimes, it is about the lapses he has  and they are on court. During last night's game PP was horrendous for the first three periods.  He came alive in the fourth it was too late.  The team is also responsible of course and if you can't see PP is struggling at times, trust me he is.    I am not saying he is not still good.  He needs to sit more of  the game and Green needs to play those minutes. Green thankfully looks much better.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I respect your thoughts.  Respect mine, the reason the Celtics are 9-8 is that Pierce is not the same player he was even last year.  It is not about that he can't do it sometimes, it is about the lapses he has  and they are on court. During last night's game PP was horrendous for the first three periods.  He came alive in the fourth it was too late.  The team is also responsible of course and if you can't see PP is struggling at times, trust me he is.    I am not saying he is not still good.  He needs to sit more of  the game and Green needs to play those minutes. Green thankfully looks much better.  

Sure he isn't a superstar any more.  He is at the bottom of the list of problems I can see.  Not sure what game you watched last night.  PP played most of the first quarter and they are up 17 pts.  Sits most of the second quarter and the lead is gone. Third and 4th quarters  pretty close to even.  Yes I want Green to play more.  I guess Doc looks at the boxscore last night during the game that PP struggled in and found out PP was a team high a plus 12 and  Green was a team high -19.   I am not huge on the plus minus thing but there is quite a bit of difference there.  Think that figures into Doc thinking?   There are a lot of guys struggling.  Maybe you only notice one guy. Like i have said numerous times,  keeping guards out of the paint and rebounding would solve a lot of our problems.   This is kind of like blaming Rondo.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Concord, go ahead and blame whoever you think is the problem.  I am done with this and won't respond to your opinion on PP any more.  I will just accept it and go one.  I just see a lot of more glaring problems than the one you point out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Seems he can do no wrong in Docs eyes....

Humphries is a punk... pushed KG as he looked away. who was already off balance, and sent him flying. Dirty foul imo.

So Rondo walks  to Humphries and shoves him hard... Humphries  reaches out to defend himself and Rondo keeps shoving and the fight is on.

First off.. Humphries isnt a Celtic so I dont care about him...

Second.. Rondo's  a key part of this teams success and we cant afford to lose him... and he never gave it a second thought... again...  seems I remember something like that happening in the playoffs last season too.

Like his passing up breakaway layups ... hes into what he wants and Doc better keep his mouth shut. Can someone honestly tell me passing up a breakaway layup to assist a teammate who's in traffic makes any sense??  Remember, its not a 2 on 0, nobody around us breakaway...

Check him out when giving a halftime interview..to me he seems like a zombie, devoid of any personality or interest.  Does he just care about himself?

Doc's got a real problem in that he cant control this guy and he knows it. Doc couldnt even conjur up much criticism for what Rondo did either saying "I don’t think anybody should get thrown out of a game,".. Are you kidding me??

When Doc was asked if he was disappointed in ROndo he says "So we all have to keep our emotions. Hell, we didn’t come to play as a team. That was awful, basketball-wise"

So he criticizes the team rather than go say what he should have and dare mess with his tempermental diva PGs feelings. Doc went on to say he thought Rondo "probably" overreacted..   Hey Doc, grow a pair and at least try to take control of this guy. Geez!!

Rondo is very entertaining when hes playing his game and has so much talent. But whats btw his ears is worrisome... hes gonna act like he wants whether in an early regular season game or in the playoffs and if he gets booted a few games for it..so what. He got his way and Doc keeps telling him it rains gummie bears and chocolate bunnies wherever he goes...

So tell us how you really feel?  As is, Rajon Rondo is "the best point guard in the Association, bar none" on his way to becoming "the best point guard in the Association, ever."  Now, that's how I really feel, no equivocation.

As Always,

CELTICS RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamLock

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to JamLock's comment:

Humphries is a punk... pushed KG as he looked away. who was already off balance, and sent him flying. Dirty foul imo.

So Rondo walks  to Humphries and shoves him hard... Humphries  reaches out to defend himself and Rondo keeps shoving and the fight is on.

Second.. Rondo's  a key part of this teams success and we cant afford to lose him... and he never gave it a second thought... again...  seems I remember something like that happening in the playoffs last season too.

Like his passing up breakaway layups ... hes into what he wants and Doc better keep his mouth shut. Can someone honestly tell me passing up a breakaway layup to assist a teammate who's in traffic makes any sense??  Remember, its not a 2 on 0, nobody around us breakaway...

Check him out when giving a halftime interview..to me he seems like a zombie, devoid of any personality or interest.  Does he just care about himself?

Doc's got a real problem in that he cant control this guy and he knows it. Doc couldnt even conjur up much criticism for what Rondo did either saying "I don’t think anybody should get thrown out of a game,".. Are you kidding me??

When Doc was asked if he was disappointed in ROndo he says "So we all have to keep our emotions. Hell, we didn’t come to play as a team. That was awful, basketball-wise"

So he criticizes the team rather than go say what he should have and dare mess with his tempermental diva PGs feelings. Doc went on to say he thought Rondo "probably" overreacted..   Hey Doc, grow a pair and at least try to take control of this guy. Geez!!

Rondo is very entertaining when hes playing his game and has so much talent. But whats btw his ears is worrisome... hes gonna act like he wants whether in an early regular season game or in the playoffs and if he gets booted a few games for it..so what. He got his way and Doc keeps telling him it rains gummie bears and chocolate bunnies wherever he goes...

So tell us how you really feel?  As is, Rajon Rondo is "the best point guard in the Association, bar none" on his way to becoming "the best point guard in the Association, ever."  Now, that's how I really feel, no equivocation.

As Always,

JamLock

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, even if its worng

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Interesting article about the Spurs resting their players.  This was pulled out of article about athletes getting injured from fatigue of playing lots of games.  Just thought this piece may fit Rondo and our offense.

In addition, the league has changed. With the banishment of hand-checking and the allowance of zone defenses, Tom Thibodeau-style help defenses are the state of the art. This is great for fans -- it creates a lot of movement. Offenses that just pound the ball as everyone stands around aren't working very well, which was the point of the rule changes. 

Not blaming Rondo for this but Doc is the one that lets this happen.  I sure like the last two games where other people were handling the ball.  Are  we better without Rondo?  Not likely but we could sure play better with him playing differently.  What difference would Rondo had made in the last two games?  Probably none.  We would still have won the first and lost the second.  That makes me think no one is irreplaceable.

Try KG.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

Wonder what Phoenix would want for Gortat and Dragic? I believe we need a more consistent point guard, not a more spectacular point guard. I agree with the previous poster who aluded to Rondo's need to approve the play before the pass is made. When Rondo is on the floor and we do not score in transition, the other C's stand around and wait until Rondo decides what to do. When he is out, everyone, as Doc said the other night, "has to play like a point guard".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Sorry Pud, Karl, Srinivasa, I'm not buying it

So, what you guys are essentially, collectively, saying (and please feel free to correct me if I'm making the wrong assumption) is that the Celtics are sufferring due to Rondo's attitude?

Are you kidding me?

So when he has Garnett, and Pierce to feed on his team and he racks up 16 dimes and everyone who steps on the floor has double digit points that we should be focused on his attitude?

You're kidding right?

The thing about being a triple-double threat is you demolish the stat sheet in ways that make people around you better.  And srinivasa, that stuff about Bird was off the mark.  Bird had more swagger and attitude than anybody he played against.  He tried to strangel Dr J for gods sake when Dr J was the elder statesman and class of the league.  He faked taking a punch from Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to gain a single possession.  And, as it turns out, Bird happens to be on record saying he missed Rondo completely in the draft and LOVES his gamesmanship (although I know his shooting mechanics make Bird want to vomit)  If you want to go down that path then talk about Captain Pierce flaking out and losing a playoff series because Jamaal Tinsley got in his head and then appearing after the game with his head wrapped in a towel like a buffoon.

BTW, I will grant the seeking assists over open layups.  Those are very bad decisions.  In the exact same way that passing on open jumpers so that the opposing D can clog it all up are terrible decisions.  But, notice opponents are starting to pay for cheating underneath on Rondo now.  There are a lot of moving parts on a basketball court and Rondo sees them all.  That is a very rare bird.

You guys have lost the plot in favor of Rondo bashing.  You can't cite valid things so you fabricate "intangibles" and claim Danny and Doc have lost control of the team.  Puh-lease, give it a rest.  Did you ever think that Doc maybe runs the team and Rondo is responding to running the half-court according to Doc's game plan?  Maybe if some of our weak testicled journalists would ask a challenging question and try to get a straight answer we could find out for sure.  Until then and unless you guys are on the inside of the organization, why not just stop whining and try to appreciate a once-in-a-generation floor general.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

strangle*

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In response to JamLock's comment:

As Always,

JamLock

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, even if its worng

So we can most certainly agree to disagree!

As Always,

CELTICS RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamLock

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to shines01's comment:

Until then and unless you guys are on the inside of the organization, why not just stop whining and try to appreciate a once-in-a-generation floor general.

I've been watching an appreciating a once-in-a generation floor general named RG3 recently revive my Redskin football team. His initial MNF game was off the charts last night.

RG3 in 12 games is changing the way football is played. Rondo in basketball.... not so much.

The contrast between R9R and RG3 in terms of leadership, poise, discipline, judgment, confidence and maturity could not be more stark. Both have other-worldly athletic skills... no question.... but the real difference is strictly between the ears.

For those who think R9R is some sort of transformational, trans-generational uberhero.... compare and contrast Rondo with RG3.

One is the real deal while the other is strictly counterfeit.

One is a once-in-a generation team leader who inspires his teammates to play up to their dreams, not down to their fears.

The other is at this point in his career little more than a spoiled brat.

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

puddinpuddin, if washington keeps running that option offense we can be fairly certain bobby 3 sticks will either get hurt or opposing defenses will sort out how to defend it. i'll take luck any day of the week. hats off to griffin for a superb rookie season, but expect to see changes in redskins' offense next year, changes that will challenge griffin. rondo's never been seriously hurt. keep running the same offense that's currently working for wash, and griffin will be.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Luck is a great fit with the Colts. Hard to to wrong with either as a franchise QB.

RG3 got concussed against the Falcons and since then has learned to slide, go out of bounds or throw the ball away to avoid the hits.

Expect better pass protection next year... or RG3's  career may be short.

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts